Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Peace and Love (loneiysong x Nadie)

Megitsune

Pulsar
A hot day in the summer of 1970. A blond middle aged man in a grey suit wipes the sweat off of his brow. The man was congressmen Joe Parkin. He stood next to a podium as he shuffled the cards in his hands. Next to him was his wife who he wished wasn't there. He felt she didn't need to be there since she brought nothing of use other than her looks. He straightened his tie then walked up to the microphone and greeted the crowd.

After giving his speech about the current troubles in Vietnam and the ongoing cold war with the Russians. He offered to answer any questions anyone had. Joe said then after answering a few answers from reporters a voice rang out.

"I have a question" A woman shouted. She stood in the back with several other people with signs. She was a tall woman in a patched leather jacket and ripped blue jeans. She had long straight brown hair and blue eyes. A peace sign was painted on her face. "How can you support a pointless war!!! How many babies you think our boys have killed over there?"

"Damn hippie draft dodgers" Joe muttered under his breath but anyone within ear shot could hear it. She continues to shout at the congressmen as the others encourage her, shouting saying such as "No war" and "Stop killing babies" Joe motioned for security to get them out of there. The protesters refused for a minute but decided to leave. They made their voices heard thanks to AJ.

Joe was in a bad mood the rest of the night. He vented as he drove home. "Those fucking dirty hippie lowlifes" he grumbled "They all need to be locked away." At that point the car began to sputter and come to a halt on the side of the rode. this made Joe even angrier.

"God dammit!!" he shouts as he slams his hands on the steering wheel before stepping out and looking under the hood. He was never good with cars and if they didn't find some help they would be stuck there for a while.

Elena "Ellie" Parkin stood poised. She was regal as a queen and Joe's PR crew said that she should be there. Even though she was sweating hard, she looked like a queen that was worried about the people in her life. Her son had signed up for Vietnam and every night she had a nightmar of him getting captured and dragged to a prisoner of war camp.

Joe made no secret how much he hated her being there. But everyone said how great she was for being there. Dressed in blue, in heels. Her hat kept the sun off her face, lest she might melt given the thick make up that was on her. She smiled to her husband. Their life had become dry and without any love. Just goes to show what you get when you marry a Republican, her mother would chastise her.

She smiled to her husband as he walked up. Her own blue eyes looked over the crowd. Her brown hair was pulled back into a bun. Ellie was very beautiful, but her husband always looked at her disapproving as if she could be beautiful, she just wasn't trying. Looking up, she saw the protestors and swallowed. The thought brought up her boy. Her little Xavier. Watching them, she saw the war go on between them and her husband. Her face remained passive. She must remain passive. Why was it so hot.

She watched them leave hearing all what was said. When they were in the car, she looked at her husband. She knew better than to argue about the war. "I am sorry, dear." She said as if she had some say in where the hippies howed up.

Jumping she looked at him. "Honey, its fine, its probably just something small." She smiled adn got out and then walked with him. She looked at him and canted her head and frowned at the car. It was bad.

Joe just grumbled at his wifes remarks. "A car doesn't make that noise when it's something small" he said coldly. Why did she even get out of the car he wondered. After determining it was no use he looked around for a place to call a tow truck. He spotted the closest building, but he was reluctant to go in. He could tell from the row of motor cycles it was not a friendly place. However, he didn't have much of a choice.

"Let's go" he practically ordered his wife as they made their way into the bar. Joe didn't even bother to keep his wife close by to keep any one from getting near her. Without checking if Elena was even behind him he made his way to the bar. "May I use your phone?" he asked the large bearded bartender who pointed to the payphone near the bathroom.

AJ was in the same bar with a group of friends. She chatted and laughed with them as she enjoyed her beer. The sight of a woman in a bar was uncommon but AJ was uncommon herself. She was told by her mother all her life to just find a man and have his children but she never wanted that. As she got older she began to see what the world had to offer and she knew that one day she will find what she truly wanted.

AJ's attention suddenly shifted to the door as the blond hair man and his wife enter the bar. "No way" she chuckled "What is the war hungry blowhard doing here" she asked then just went about her business but still eyeing his wife. She wondered that a hot woman was doing with a jack ass like him.

Elena followed him. She reached out adn took his hand and frowned. Why did he hate her so much. She walked with him. When they got inside, she let him go to the back. Looking around, she saw the woman that her husband had treated so coldly. Blushing, she raised a hand and waved a bit. She was friendly, and many of her husbands voters told her in private that she was teh cause he got votes. She looked at the bartender and opened her purse and pulled out some money.

"Can I get a glass of water?" She asked and looked at the bartender. She bit her lip feeling the womans eyes on her. She shifted a bit. She felt sticky from a long day in the heat and would love nothing more than a shower. Maybe a bath. She smiled and sat down as she was given a water and waited for her husband to make the phone call. She sighed and drank the cool water and shut her eyes in simple pleasure.

AJ raised an eyebrow as the woman waved at her. She just grinned then took a sip of her beer. the woman was very pretty even in the suit she as wearing. She obviously hated the conservative look on anyone especially women but her looks made AJ see past that. She wasn't sure what came over her but never the less she got up and walked over to the woman.

"Hi there" she said with a smile. Even though he hated the woman's husband didn't mean she had to be cold to his wife. Possibly she thinks differently than him. "What are you doing in a place like this? I wouldn't expect people like you here" she said as she leaned against the nearby wall. Elena wouldn't have time to answer since after slamming the phone down Joe walked up to her.

"They are all closed" he said, visually irritated then glared at the woman talking to his wife. He quickly pulled her to him. "Is there a problem here?" AJ just rolled her eyes, not bothering to answer him.

She laughed adn shook her head. She looked at her and opened her mouth to say something, but her husband came in. "Oh honey, I am sorry. Maybe we can call one of the nearby congressmen to come pick us up?" She said and then winced as she was pulled close. Like she was property more than a human.

"Honey, know, she just was making sure that we were alright." She leaned in close to his ear and whispered. "Remember reelection, sweetheart." She then looked at him and then leaned away. "Our car broke down and there is no one to tow us." She smiled at the woman and canted her head.

Joe motioned for Elena's silence. "You don't need to tell this...... person our problems" he said then took Elena's arm to pull her out if the bar.

AJ just scoffed at the sight. Of course he would treat his wife this way, never giving her any freedom. She wondered if he hits her which angered her. She wanted nothing more than to tell him off but then her attention turned to the woman when she mentioned their car troubles. "Hold it..maybe I can help" If it wasn't for his wife she would just let him leave but she wanted to offer her a hand. Maybe she felt sorry for her or maybe she just felt like the woman needed a friend.

"What could YOU do?" he asked, skeptic that a woman would know anything about cars. AJ just ignored him and spoke to his wife which Joe did not like.

"My friend runs a garage. I can all him" she offered "and I could look at it for you when we get back to your house" Joe just remained silent, pondering if he should take the offer. He had no idea what this woman's agenda was. Maybe get some dirt on him or vandalize his house or even worse, rob it.

"....Fine......thanks I guess" he said then headed outside, pulling Elena with him. AJ went to make the phone call, wondering if she should get through this for his wife's sake.

She frowned adn then looked at Joe. AJ could tell that she wanted to say something, but held her tongue. She then looked at teh woman and gave her an apologetic look. She swallowed adn looked back at AJ and smiled as she offered help. It really meant a lot to her when a person offered to help. She looked at her husband but winced at his words. She looked again apologetically at AJ.

"Thank you." Ellie said once the decision was made. But she had no chance to say anything else, she was pulled away. She looked down and followed Joe. Well more like pull along with him. She looked up at her husband and wondered how she would be forced to pay for her crime of talking to another person without his permission. She then looked at the car and swallowed hard. She raised her hand to wipe the sweat off her forehead.

Joe stayed quiet as he got into the car then looked at Elena with a stern look. "You will let me do the talking from now on do you understand. I don't need you to speak for me" he said coldly as he pointed his finger at her then just got out and stood outside of the car, waiting for a the tow truck.

AJ came out and saw the conversation the man had with his wife. She started to feel for her even more and wanted to even more let this asshole have it. But getting the woman home was top priority for her. She bit her tongue then waved at the tow truck when it arrived. She motioned for the woman to get out of the car before she helped her friend get the car on the hook.

"Ok, there is only one extra seat in the truck so..." AJ said, thinking of a solution. "How about you ride with Dave" she said, pointing to Joe then turned to his wife. "and I'll give her a ride and follow on my bike" she suggested. Joe grumbled, hating having to trust this hippie trash. "That sounds fine." he said then walked to the truck, not even waiting for Elena to answer. AJ looked at the woman, wanting her opinion. "Is that alright with you....uhhh. Sorry, I didn't get your name." she said with a chuckle, feeling bad she has yet to ask the woman her name.

Elena looked down and then nodded. "Yes." She bit her lip and shifted a bit. It didn't do good to voice her opinion. When he started to point, that was when she wanted to crawl and hide somewhere. She looked and saw AJ witnessing it and looked down biting her lip hard and sighed.

"My name is Elena. In a kinder gentler time, I was called Ellie, and sometimes some people do call me that. And any ride home is fine at this point." She wanted to cry. But, she wouldn't allow herself at this time. She would do it alone in her bed. She bit her lip and then looked at her and then her bike. "What is your name? Why are you even helping us?"

"Ellie huh? that's nice." AJ said as she made her way to the bike and grabbed the spare helmet from the back and handed it to Elena. "Everyone calls me AJ. Oh and you might need to put your hair down for the helmet to fit" she said as she grabbed her own helmet and got on, waiting for Elena to get on. Once she did she followed the truck to Elena's house.

The truck pulled up to a large 5 bedroom house. AJ stopped in front of the house and just looked up at the building. She couldn't understand why anyone would need a house that big. She just shook her head and got off of the bike, making sure Elena got off as well. Joe got out and just started into the house. "Any problems let me know" was all he said as he headed in, needing to get some work done before leaving for a few weeks. He traveled a lot especially during an election year. "Feel free to go inside and relax Ellie. We got this." AJ said and her friend Dave popped open the hood and started looking the car over.

Elena smiled and then walked with her to the bike and blushed violently. It was going to be very difficult if not impossible to ride in a skirt. She looked at her and smiled. "AJ. Well, thank you AJ." She reached up adn pulled her hair down. It was curly and full. Putting her pins into her purse, she grabbed teh helmet and secured it. Moving to the bike, she awkwardly tried to move her leg around it, then over it. Biting her lip, she didn't want to expose herself. Finally she got on the bike, side saddled. She gripped onto AJ and prayed with all her might she didn't fall down. Or off.

As they rode, Ellie blushed feeling the vibrations against her. They made her wet and by the time she got home, she was sore and pent up. She got off the bike and pulled off her helmet and then smiled at AJ and put the helmet in her hands. "Thank you AJ." She smiled adn then looked at her husband not even seeing if she was ok. Figured.

She walked forward adn then looked at AJ. "Oh, alright. I will go inside, clean up, then bring you hard workers out some lemonade, or would you perfer tea?" She looked at them both and smiled.

AJ smiled back at Elena "Lemonade sounds great thank you" she said then talked to Dave about what they could do to fix it. Joe was in the office making arrangements on the phone for a flight. After an hour he packed up and was ready to head out, deciding on taking an early flight to get there sooner. He wrote a check for AJ and her friend, a small amount that would be insulting to anyone doing to amount of work they have been. "Give this to them when they get it running and only if they get it running" he ordered his wife and left as soon as the cab showed up, no kiss goodbye to his wife.

AJ did most of the work with Dave assisting. She loved working on cars but no one ever gave a woman a chance to work on them professionally except for Dave who was a long time friend of hers. She turned to see the congressmen leave in a cab. Most likely to travel and leave his wife alone. If she didn't despise the man before she would now. Even though the sun had gone down it was still hot. AJ was gleaming with sweat when they were finally done. She had long taken off her jacket, now in just her white tank top that was cut to show off her midriff.

She wiped her brow with the rag Dave had given her before going to the driver's side and turning the key. The car jumped to life and AJ thanked Dave for his help before leaving. AJ was sweaty and dirty from working on the car and she thought about asking Elena if she could wash up but she figured she would just let her know the car was working and head to her friends house to bathe. She thought about that as she walked up to the door and knocked.

Elena looked at him. "You leaving so soon?" She said. She was trying to make this marriage work. But had a feeling it was being ripped viciously from her hands. Like everything else. She looked at the check and then up at him as he was leaving. She was about to say that this was not a good amount. Groaning, she rubbed her forehead. Putting the check to teh side, she walked up to teh shower and showered off the days defeats.

She broke down into a sob more than once. Making the lemonade. She sighed and got herself together. She was wearing lounging slacks adn a loose shirt. Walking to the hard workers, she put down the pitcher of iced lemonade and glasses and went inside to have another cry. She had let time get away from her. Hearing the knock, she got up adn wiped her eyes. Her hair was braided ands he moved to the door and opened it smiling seeing AJ.

"You got teh car running? That is great, come inside." She stepped to the side and looked at the poor abused woman. She looked like she needed a shower. "Do you want to clean up?" She asked she was trying to stall before she gave her the embarassing check.

The first thing AJ noticed was the puffy red eyes of the woman. She knew the woman had been crying and she knew why. The woman was neglected and treat so badly by the man she married. She was going to turn down the offer but after seeing her she couldn't say no to her. "Yes thank you." she said then lets Elena lead her to the shower.

After she left she stripped down and stepped into the bath and let the water run down her body. She let out a relieved sigh as she showered. After getting out she realized she didn't have a change of clothes. She wrapped herself in a towel, she headed out to find Elena "Hey Ellie. Do you have a change of clothes for me to wear?" she asked once she found the woman.

Ellie smiled as she lead her down a hall that was decorated of pictures of them as a family, straight and stiff family photos. Some of Ellie holding a little boy who looked a lot like her close adn looking at the camera. And one of a boy, much older, in a army uniform with a serious look in his face but a glint in his eyes. She showed her into the gues shower and pulled down two towels.

"Um, yes I do believe I have some clothes that might fit." She smiled. She lead her to her bedroom and moved into teh closet. She picked out some loose slacks ad a soft cotton shirtand put them on the bed and then looked at her and then bit her lip and turned and picked out some underwear. "I am sorry, I don't thik I have a bra that will fit you." She bit her lip hoping she didn't offend her guest.

AJ took the clothes "Thank you. Oh that's ok. I don't wear bras anyway" she said with a chuckle. She didn't believe in wearing bras and has burned her share in protests. She put the slacks on still wearing the towel then turned to take it off and out on the shirt. she thought about the pictures she saw. "So....that boy in the pictures is your son?" she asked as she handed her the used towel for her to put in the wash. She was fairly certain that the man in the pictures was overseas fighting in the same war she protested.

"Yes, he is my one and only baby." She smiled adn took the towel adn put it in a hamper. She then moved over to a chair adn sat down watching her and then bit her lip. "He is a medic. His father wanted him to go, but he wouldn't. Then the draft called his number so he went as a medic. I don't know, I don't believe in the war. I fail to see the reason we are even over there." She frowned adn got a weary look on her face. Standing up, she moved to a tissue box and wiped her eyes and then walked to the kitchen to attempt to make something thinking about her son.

It had been two weeks since she heard from him last. She wrote to him everey day. But something in her gut, said that maybe something was wrong. She swallowed adn looked down.

AJ fell silent, feeling sympathy for the woman and the look on her face told her enough on that she thought had happened to her son. She began to think Elena was even more alone than she thought. She didn't want to just leave this woman alone again so she thought of an idea to keep her here. She walked to the kitchen. "Hey....if you want you can wash my clothes here so I don't leave with yours" she suggested. "And if there is anything you need help with around the house. I am good with my hands and I don't need to be paid. Just a meal and a place to stay for a bit." AJ doesn't actually have a home herself. She usually stays at friends houses.

"You are good with your hands?" She laughed and then looked at her. "Well for now my husband is gone for about a week, so stay as long as you want. Just don't go burning any of my bras." She teased. She then looked to the fridge. "It will be nice not to be so alone in the house." She said adn then brought out spaghetti noodles and began to boil water and make some marinara. It was her comfort food and stayed fresh for a lot longer than others. Well, that was in her opinion.

Getting up, she moved to clean the clotehs of AJ and walked back and then looked down. "Can I interest you in a wine, perhaps a beer?" She smiled adn then canted her head watching with a broad smile.

AJ just laughed at Elena's remark. She was glad to have picked up the woman's spirits. She sat at the table as she watched the woman make dinner. She was excited to have a hot meal for a change. "Beer sounds good thank you" she said then got up to offer a hand to Elena, not one to sit by and let someone do all the work.

After the food was ready she helped set the table and sat down after Elena served up the food. She happily ate the meal. "Very good. It taste kind of like my mother's food" she said then wiped some sauce off of her face.

Elena laughed. She liked ot have someone help her. It was like having her son, Xavier back. He always helped. She smiled adn then went to the fridge and pulled out a beer and opened it and handed it to her and smiled. The food was soon finished and Elena walked to the table putting the food down and sat to the left of the head of the table. She took AJs plate and served her first and then served herself.

She had a glass of wine and then she smiled. "I am happy you enjoy it. There is plenty." She smiled and continued to eat and then looked at her. "So AJ what do you do?" She canted her head finishing her meal and sat her hands folded on the table.

AJ took a sip of her beer and placed it down before answering Elena. "I do alot of things" she said as she grabbed a second helping "I finished high school and just take odd jobs whenever they come around. I love working of cars but I can only get work from my friend Dave. No one else will hire a woman to work on cars" she continued to eat. After she finished she got up to help Elena wash the dishes and clean up. AJ went to go sit on the couch to relax. She was fine with making this her bed for the night. "So what do you think needs to be done around here tomorrow" she asked Elena as she sat back. She wanted to get started working as soon as she got up in the morning.

She smiled watching her eat. When they were done, Ellie began to do the dishes and put the food away. She nodded. "Well, you are probably better than all male mechanics anyway." She said.

"Nothing, just keep me company." She said as she sat down bext to her and then looked at her and smiled. "I will be having you stay in the guest bedroom." She smiled adn then tapped her knee and then stood up and walked up teh stairs to the linen closet and pulling fresh sheets and bedding, she walked to the guest bedroom and opened the door and the windows and began to change the bedding. She made quick work of it and laid out a robe and a tooth brush and then went downstairs and looked at her and smiled.

"Your bed is ready. I put out a fresh toothbrush, and a robe." SHe bit her lip and watched her.

AJ smiled and sat back as she waited for Elena to return. When she did she smiled and got up. "Man I feel like I'm in a hotel" she joked then headed to the room. "I'll see you in the morning" she said before closing the door over, leaving it open a crack before taking off the slacks and leaving the shirt on before getting into the bed. It was so comfortable. Much better than anywhere she has stayed in a long time. She lays there as she starts to drift off to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom