Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(sirix X LittleCookie) running to freedom

sirix

Supernova
Lance, an assassin trainee, starts on his long journey with only his heavy leather bag containing clothes, his assassin gear, stolen important documents, and other things of necessity. He sneaks out of the dorm quietly, making sure to not wake the other trainees and the master of the dorm. He knows that he must jump the castle wall, an easy feat that he accomplishes quickly, since they taught it to all the trainees so they could do it in other castles for easy escapes. Once over the wall, he listens for the inevitable call for the guards to search the streets for a young man about 6 foot tall, wearing black clothing, hard leather boots, and a cloak hiding his build, with light brown hair and deep blue eyes.

Hearing nothing, for now at least, he starts his challenging run across the city buildings. The jumps were easy but the off kilter roofs farther away from the castle were not a good support to land on. The slums were the hardest part of the city run, with stealth at his level basically impossible. Masters could make this run without a sound, but Lance hadn't acquired that amount of skill yet.

Not long after he starts the run the guards hear his foot falls on the roofs and are sent on his trail. They gain on him quickly as Lance progresses through the large city. as he nears the outside wall, Lance landed on a bad tile on the roof of a peasant's house and stumbles. Unable to recover, Lance tumbled from the roof to the waiting ground below.

Emma searched endlessly for seeds to plant at her uncle's farm. They were in debt too, just keeping the farm together but it was a simple life for her. Her uncle owned the farm that provided all the vegetables and fruit and produce in the province. But because of poor weather, not much was offered. Emma worked so hard night and day to have everything grow.

She heard the guards call out as they were looking for a male assassin. She wondered who he was. But that was soon answered as she turned the corner into the alley and saw someone fall in front of her.

"Umm, are you okay?"

Lance tries his best to stand but he cant put any weight on his ankle yet
"yea I thi..... no, nope im not" he gets against a wall to recover and get his bearing.
"do you know where the guards are."

"No I dont, Im sorry." Emma leaned down to check out his body and knew that he wouldnt be able to walk. "Why dont you let me help you though?" You could be really hurt."

He watches her as she checks on his ankle, poking it softly to her but causing Lance a great amount of pain to know he wouldn't be able to walk on it
"that would be a great help, thank you for your kindness" he says through half gritted teeth, the pain still lingering.

"This is what I do." Emma checked his ankle a bit more. It seemed like it might have been sprained or something. She carefully used a piece of cloth from her long sleeved shirt as she carefully wrapped like a bandage. "Come on Ill take you to my place, you need rest."

"I cant thank you enough for this." he moves off the wall a little so that Emma could more easily give Lance support in any way she say fit. "my name is Lance, what is yours" he asks like he is trying to make general conversation

Back
Top Bottom