Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The 16 Realms - A Final Fantasy Based Story (Interest Check)

Nine of Hartz

❤ Want to paint my lips red with your blood?~ ❤

I originally posted this in the Roleplay Requests by Females but didn't get a lot of interest, so I decided that I would advertise my idea here and shift it to a group game. If you are interested in this idea, please post below with what character you would like to play and a tidbit about them. I will post an example below. I am looking for literate players that are interested in doing a more serious plot. I have nothing against characters having relationships with each other, but this story isn't smut focused. I plan on playing Yuna from FFX.

Now on to plot!​
I’ve been entertaining the thought of specific characters from the various FF games being transported to a different world where they are representatives of their “native” world, almost like Dissidia but with a few tweaks. Our characters, upon their death/sacrifice are faced with a vision beckoning them to fight for their world and save it.

There are a few ways that our characters would make their ways into this new realm:
  • Tragic Death: They die before their time is up and are brought forward to the new realm when they are needed.
  • Willing Sacrifice: Sensing that there is a greater purpose out there for them, the character willingly surrenders themselves to this unknown force and are transported to the new realm.

When they are transported to the new realm, they are reborn in the new realm and have reverted to adolescents or children. Their memories have been almost completely wiped clean, leaving them with faint memories from the realm they came from. What they all seem to have imprinted on their memories is that they must fight a new enemy in this realm they now exist in to protect the others that they came from. With this new world and new life, they start anew and form new bonds with the others that have come from other realms. After being brought to this new realm, they are paired off with other children that have come from the other realms and work together as teams. As they have grown up together throughout the years, their teamwork and bonds with each other will increase.

In this new world they live in, they are basically considered "messiahs" and have to bear the weight of saving the world they now live in, the world they originally came from, and the other worlds that their teammates came from. There are 10-15 worlds that are known to exist along with this new realm (thus why it's called the 16 Realms). The people that are brought forward from their realms (our characters) act as representatives from each realm. So if you wanted to play a character from FF7, they would be from the 7th Realm. Even though they don't have many memories of their previous lives, I'm thinking that they would have some sort of marker of where they are from on their clothing or possibly tattooed on their body (player choice). The 1st Realm would have a I on it, and a person from the 7th Realm would have a VII somewhere on their clothing.

I'm thinking that as "messiahs," they are alienated from regular society, which increases how much they have to rely on each other for companionship and friendship. They will live in a separate area from the rest of society, either an airship or a large building in the main capital city. The characters we play do not have to be 100% like who they were in the original games. When they are reborn in the new realm they'll emerge in either one of two ways: by natural birth OR through strange crystal pods that grow them new bodies once the soul comes to the new realm.

The children that are born or that come to this new realm are detected by one of the two organizations that are gathering them.
  1. The protagonist group is led by the "Director" who leads them on missions to prevent the antagonist from seizing control of the realms. The group working under the Director are tasked with maintaining order within this new realm but also have to destroy sources of destruction/chaos caused by the antagonist's team. This could include facing off on any other players in the game (if they chose to play for the antagonist).
  2. The other group that is led by the antagonist will strive to gain control of all the realms. At this point, the antagonist is unknown but I'm thinking that it would be something that is endangering all realms. Whoever/whatever this thing is will end up sending his soldiers into the new realm and into the subsequent 10-15 realms to try and destroy them. I'm willing to let the player decide the current state of their realm, whether it be destroyed or severely damaged from this force.
The children that are born or that come to this new realm are detected by whatever organization is gathering them, they're gathered before the bad guy gets them (so villain characters can come into this realm as well to be good or bad guys) and start training to be soldiers. My plan is that they are all grown up at this point and know of each other. They work solo or in teams and had designated "units". Anyone in the unit would have trained together from a young age and be closer. So our characters could be in the same unit (I'm thinking 2-5 characters per unit) or different ones growing up since they all work together for various missions.

I'm fine people playing more than one character but I want others to have the opportunity to claim them for their primary character first. I don't want anyone hogging characters. Also, please express who you would like to play in this thread and post your character profile in the thread for profiles:

Note: If there are people who would like to play different characters from the same game, I'm willing to let people do that but it will be discussed before the game starts.

To post your character profile, please visit The 16 Realms Profile Thread.

I'm definitely interested in this roleplay, although, I've only played two FF games which are 7 and 8. Also, shouldn't we post our characters in the Profiles section?

Phanatik,

Thank you for pointing out the character profiles section. I will edit my initial post with a link to the character profile thread I create in that forum. I would still like for people to express who they are interested in playing in this thread though so that way people know if the character has been spoken for.

So far you are the only person who has expressed interest to me for this game, so if you would like to play a character from 7 or 8 that should be fine. Or if you want to play another character you can. Like I mentioned above - they don't have to act like they did in the game because their memories are erased. You can make an antagonist from one of the games turn into a protagonist and vice versa.

Edit 6:00pm PST: The character profile thread has been created and is posted in the bottom of the plot post.

Since you don't have to play the characters like they are in the games, how familiar would you say someone would need to be to play this rp? I'm not very knowledgeable about the games, but I can wiki things like a pro, and this seems interesting.

Jackdlemon, you don't have to be too familiar with the games because it's an original storyline. You could wiki the character you want to play to have enough background to make them have vague memories or none at all. There's quite a bit of freedom with it. What character are you interested in?

I think this a really interesting concept but I thought there was an age requirement for characters in RPs on this site? Also could I play my character from 14? If I can I would be interested :) assuming the age thing is not an issue.

Kuro_Bara, the website rules state that characters must be 15. If you wish to play a character that is 15 years old, I will permit that for this game. However, I do want to make it clear that I won't allow characters under the age of 18 engaging in sexual activities throughout the course of this story.

"IV. No lolicon or shotacon, in art or role plays. All characters involved in sex must have entered puberty and be at least fifteen years of age or older, or whatever appropriate equivalent for your fantasy. Underaged sexual photos or other evidence of the exploitation of minors will be reported to the authorities."

Oh gods no, my characters are always 20 or older lol I must of misunderstood the description at the top. My bad. Plus I don't write sex anyways. Is it okay to do FFXIV? Its technically an MMO so you create your own hero.

Above I was meaning that the characters were that age when they are brought into the new realm, but time has passed and they've grown up in it with this new "mission" put into their heads. My character was "born" in the world at age 12-13, but she has been living in it for 10 years so she's now 23.

And yes, you can play a character from FFIV. All games are open for bids. Just post a character bio in the profile thread and I will mark you down for a slot in FFIV. ^^

Well since the interest isn't very high, I may just start the game off possibly with you, Phanatik, and jackdlemon if they're still interested. I don't mind doubling up on characters and at least that way we could get the story started.

jackdlemon hasn't posted a character yet though has he? I wonder who he'll pick so many awesome characters to choose from haha

Hey, sorry about not being around for a while. Great to see interest has picked up. Final Fantasy 7 and 8 are one of my most favourite games (because those are the only ones I've ever played). Squall isn't exactly my favourite character but he's the most normal one. I'm thinking about changing to Vincent Valentine.

I think she was kind of hoping from one character from each FF universe. But Zack would be pretty cool too lol

I might consider doing something with this, possibly on the antagonist side. I do have a few ideas for who the big bad could be though.

Back
Top Bottom