Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pristine Heart (kuro_bara x BlackTalon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth gave her a warm smile. "Yes you don't need to worry we are fine. You just need rest and everything will be okay." She said glancing at Bradley and keeping her own worries to herself. She had used some powerful healing magics on her friend but it still hadn't seemed to be enough.

The healing magic was enough to heal her injuries, but it didn't regain her conciousness, also the hidden magic inside of Isabella was specially formed to react perfectly with Bradley's magic, their souls and spiritual energy were completely in synchronisation and they worked completely and it was a legendary form of bond. Some people trained their whole lives to become partners on that level and still not achieve what Bradley and Isabella seemed to have.

Isabella gently sat up and held her head in her hands as she smiled gently "I did it again didn't I"

Bradley sighed and nodded "you were a fool once again, you shouldn't have used those guns you big dumbass" he chuckled gently and rubbed her head "Rest a little here, we'll guard you and it'll be fine"

Beth swallowed the lump in her throat at the sight of them. They were so well suited to one another, she didn't understand though because Isabella had told her their was nothing romantic between them. The tenderness Bradely showed his partner was almost heart wrenching. Beth turned away from them. "I'm going to go sniff around the woods while you rest, make sure no one else is around." Before either could reply she transformed and launched herself skyward gliding over the tree tops.

Bradley stood up and started walking up to the mountain "Well I'm going to take a walk" he putted on his cloak again and started walking up the mountain, his face constantly aimed at the ground, something was bugging him, something about his past and he couldn't really handle it too well, he was troubling with it and it was visible, he was walking to the tip of the mountain, awaiting his arrival as he was walking slowly

Isabella slowly moved to the shack again, yawning as she laid down on bed and closed her eyes, resting her body that was still upset from the sudden wake up that Bradley had done with his magic, her body was fighting a bit with itself as she closed her eyes, she wanted to move and she wanted to rest, it was really troubling her and it was yet visible again.

[As Beth soared over the woods and mountains letting the cool air cleanse away the negative feelings that were roiling around inside her. She eventually passed over Bradley and warring with the decision she finally glided down to him and changed back. "Bradley?" She asked standing a few feet away. "What's the matter?" She queried, this close she could sense his troubled thoughts.

Bradley sighed softly as he looked at her "Well it's about earlier ... What I did, it reminded me of my past, which wasn't at all pretty" he looked at her and smiled "It's my past that always hunts me" he looked at the ground.

Beth gave him a warm smile and touched his arm. "We all have things our pasts we'd rather forget." She said gently. "How you allow it to define you is what is really important." She added. "I am willing to listen if it is something you wish to talk about." Beth led him to an outcropping and sat him down dropping to the rocky ground beside him. "The least I can do is take a moment to listen." She smiled again.

Bradley sighed and nodded, he went with her as he sat down. He looked at her with a sad look on his face, as she could see that he was pained with the thought of his past. "I was, well something in me was demonic in the past, my magic was dark and it was darkness itself that filled me." he sighed gently "I was something that people would call a horror walking on earth. I did what I wanted, I killed who I wanted and I lived how I wanted" he seems sad "I lost all my friends and family to my own rage ... My own bloodlust and then Isabella found me, and in some weird way she calmed me down and she helped me with my control, my forming and who I was. She saved my existance" he smiled gently as a tear dropped from his face "I was horrible and I didn't deserve to live ... Until Isabella saved me and formed me into what I am now"

(im going to try something different with the layout of the writing if you don't like it let me know :3 )

Beth folded her legs underneath her body as she listened quietly to Bradley tell his story. She knew very well what it was like to have a demon inside, in her case it was an inseparable part of her being. The way he spoke of Isabella made her smile. She could feel the love and devotion in those words. When a tear rolled down his cheek she unconsciously reached over and wiped it away with a finger gently. "Isabella seems to truly care for us lost souls." Beth said with a kind smile. "She seems to be an amazing person...and I don't think she would have saved you if she thought you undeserving of it. She added watching him. "I you were truly a monster Isabella wouldn't still be here with you." She said firmly giving his arm a gentle squeeze.

She didn't really want to brooch the subject now but she was concerned for all their safety. They won the fight today but Starwood would send more men, more dangerous men if they didn't relocate soon. "Bradley...I think we need to get away from this area. Starwood will come back." Her brow furrowed in thought. "Those men were fodder...to see what we were capable of. Now that they know - and you can be sure they do - they will send a much more efficient and lethal team. They won't underestimate us again."

Bradley smiled gently as she reassured him, his face was growing kind and gentle again. He looked at her and gave her a smooch on the cheek, he was happy as she had calmed his troubled past down and reassured him of his inner being right now. Beth had helped him overcome his past for just now, he was satisfied that they had decided to take her out of the cage and have her stay with them as she had already helped them with allot. Bradley then slowly stood up and looked at her as he nodded "You are completely right, the thing is that now, we can't trust our contractor as he was the only one knowing our location." Bradley looked angry at the thought of being betrayed by his own contractor, he sighed "We should indeed start to move" he started slowly walking with her back to the Cabin "I'll carry Isabella as we travel, take whatever you need from the cabin to prepare for the journey"

Isabella had already packed a few things but not allot, she was clearly still banged up and had tried to get some stuff ready, but she had clearly failed to pack all the things necessary for them to be able to leave instantly. Now she was laying down on the couch. She looked banged up and tired as her eyes were closed, she was sound asleep and had a blanket over herself. Beth could sense her magical energy residing in herself as she was healing, it was calming her down and was helping her mend her own body. It was clear that both of them had high-grade astonishing magic in them. How they were able to control themselves with that incredible power of magic was still unclear to Beth. But one thing was sure, if people were to survive being hunted by that many people, it would be those two.

Isabella had already packed a few necessary things like bread, water, bandages and survival kits but nothing in the form of clothing, sleeping bags or even toilet paper, she was too tired to think about the other logical things while she was packing. But she did her outmost best and it could be seen in the way she was sleeping as soundly as she did.

Beth blushed slightly when Bradley gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek but she did her best to be relaxed about the small affection. She hadn't had contact like since she was a child with her mother and it made her smile inwardly. After listening to Bradley's explanation she hoped to her feet and gave him a bright smile. "Don't worry I will take care of whatever needs to be done." She made her way back to the cabin and seeing that Isabella had already done some of the work she felt a stab of concern for the other woman.

Isabella was currently asleep on the sofa, obviously exhausted even after that small exertion. Organizing what Isabella had already packed Beth set about adding any other important items she came across and piling everything by the door. She was praying to herself that they all made it away from this place before Starwood responded to the decimated team in the woods.

Beth would find allot of stuff that would be usefull. Ropes, Sleeping bags, 10-second-tents and allot more food and drinks. But also she could find something she wouldn't have imagined to be existant. She found a relic, it was a circle with a flower around it. It emirated a strange kind of magic, a feeling like it was drawing her in, but as she stored it away, the feeling be supressed. It was a storage relic and it wasn't a normal one either.

Bradley slowly moved to Isabella as he picked her up gently ,putting her on his back as he smiled "She's quite a sleepyhead that I can say" he said with a slight chuckle as he made her rest fully on his back, making her sleep through the picking up. He then looked at Beth "Are we ready to start moving?"

Beth nodded tucking the relic away gently in the packs before slinging them over her shoulders. "Would it be easier if changed? I could carry her that way." She offered standing out in the clearing. "Where are we going anyways, Starwood is pretty resourceful in hunting down their property." She was referring to herself.

Bradley looked at her and shook his head "You would stand out allot in that form, it's best to move on foot and to cover our tracks. We'll move out to the north, we'll hide in the mountains as we'll find something to hide ourselves in" he said with a soft and confident voice as he smiled at her "We'll make it alright, It doesn't matter how many men they send, how many monsters they keep sending or how many missiles they send, it matters about how we choose to defend and care for the ones that are dear to us" he said as he walked over to her, grabbing one bag with one hand as he started walking out of the cabin, moving north to the high mountains with snow covering it.

After setting out into the wilderness the trio hiked well into the night or rather Beth and Bradley hiked and Isabella rested on Bradley's broad back mostly asleep. As the sun set and the temperature plummeted the small group found shelter in a cave near the foot of the mountains. Beth left Bradley to tend to Isabella as she set about making a fire and some dinner for them. Despite being locked away for most of her life she was surprisingly capable. It took her no time at all to get a roaring fire going and soon after she was stirring soup in a pot for them.

Bradley grabbed one of the bags that had a sleeping bag in it and opened it. He took out one of the sleeping bags as he unfolded it with two hands and put it down on the straightest spot he could find, gently laying down Isabella on it as he sighed gently "She'll be fine in a day or two, for now this place will do" he said with a small smile on his face as he gently tucked Isabella inside of the sleeping bag, keeping her warm and soft. he then turned to Beth "Are you feeling okay? Are you hurt or something like that ?" he was clearly a bit concerned about her.

Beth gave him a bright smile and rustled around in a bag for some cups to put the soup in. "I am fine honest. I'm made of pretty sturdy stuff remember?" She poured the soup and handed Bradley a steaming cup. "What about you?" She murmured sitting down beside him on the hard ground and leaning against his shoulder with a grin.

Bradley smiled as he gave her the cup, he took it and then sipped from it softly, sighing releaved as he yawned "I'm feeling alright, bit shaken up but I'm alright" he said with a soft voice "I know that you're tough and sturdy" he chuckled "I saw you fly so that means you're tough" he chuckled gently "Tough to catch" he smiled funnily

Beth laughed softly at his comment. "Yes I certainly can be hard to catch." She gave him a charming smile. She couldn't believe she had been scared of him less then two days ago, scared of either of them. They were both truly kindhearted people which was very rare to find in the world these days. Her smile slipped way into a pensive expression as she sipped the cup of warm soup. They wouldn't be able to hid forever if they didn't permanently stop Starwood the corporation would continue to hunt them all. Looking over at him her decision firmed. "I'm going to go after the head of the corporation." She stated suddenly but with serious conviction. "I don't want either of you hunted down like dogs. I will protect you like you've done for me." Her gold eyes shone in the flickering light of the fire, full of a desire to keep these people safe. It was the first time in her life where she had felt such a strong connection to anyone.

Bradley sighed and hit her head gently and then smiled at her "You're not going alone, we'll help you" his eyes were determined and his face was looking strict. As he stood up slowly and sighed and looked over at Isabella "We'll wait until she is fully recovered then we will make our move to get one of their informants and then we will cut of the head of a snake which will then fall down as a crushed leaf" he said with a smile on his face and then looked back at her "For now, we rest" he said with a chuckle and laid down gently.

His friendly gesture caught her by surprise and his comment about not going along struck something in her. As he laid down nearby tears welled up in her eyes. They weren't tears of sadness or pain but she just felt overwhelmed by emotion caused by his determination to protect what he cared about and she knew now that included her too. Curling up into one of the sleeping bags between Elizabeth and Bradley she pressed her back against his to share warmth. Her temperature was significantly higher then most humans so it would keep him and Elizabeth warm through the cold night. It didn't take long for the long day to catch up and she was sound asleep.

Bradley smiled as he enjoyed the warmth "Thanks" he said with a soft voice as he cuddled his back closer to hers, he really needed warmth as it was cold outside because of the snow and the horrible temperature that was on the mountain tops. He closed his eyes and sighed gently "Everything is going to be fine" he said with a soft voice. His confidence was showing in it though, he knew that everything was going to be alright. He was rightious and never looked back on a decision, neither did he here. He was glad he saved her as now both Isabella and Bradley had a close friend with them. They saved someone from certain death and made her into a free woman she is right now.

It took nearly a week for Isabella to recover from the attack. During that time the trio continued to camp out in the cave, hiding from the Starwood patrols that started frequenting the area. Luckily for them something natural in the cave disrupted any signal the corporation could trace. On one occasion Beth had changed to her dragon form a diverted a team away from the cave by flying over the tree tops in the opposite direction. She had skimmed the tops before disappearing back to the ground. The team that was hunting them ended up miles in the wrong direction though it took her nearly a whole day to return to the cave.

Near the end of the week she was getting restless and constantly pacing about the cave. "We need to go after them soon...I've been thinking. Next time a team comes close...we could capture them. Take their uniforms and gear, it would make it a lot easier to sneak into Starwood." She was mostly musing out loud, her brow furrowed in thought. "They are getting too close we need to move soon." Beth stated, glancing at Bradley.

Bradley had been out hunting allot, he had been taking down The Corporation's team on a regular base but on allot of different places. He sometimes was gone one day or two days but never longer than that. He was looking more and more restless as he was waiting for Isabella to regain her strength and stamina. He had gotten allot of meat and vegetables from the rich nature at the base of the mountain as he grew some vegetables near the shack they were in before.

Isabella slowly woke up around ten days later, she was regenerated fully now and felt great. She yawned slowly and went to hug Beth as she was back and smiled "Thank you, thank you for everything, you're an amazing friend and I don't want anyone else by my side but you two" she looked at Beth and Bradley

Bradley smiled and nodded "You are one tough girl you know that" he said as he chuckled and rubbed her head "I healed you and you actually survived, I didn't think that would happen"

Isabella looked softly mad and then tapped his head "Hey i'm strong enough !!" she said as she pouted "Don't think so light of me !"

The Drake felt only a slight cooling of her agitation at seeing the interaction between Isabella and Bradley. The pair usually gave her a sense of calm but something in the air was riling her up. Growling she paced back and forth around the cave. Beth couldn't quite place what was bothering her, it was more a feeling like a storm rolling in and she didn't like. It felt too out of her control and that was dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom