Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pristine Heart (kuro_bara x BlackTalon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man looked at her and shaked his head "It's okay" she could hear his manly and low voice, but it was mixed with something else, something she couldn't put her finger on at that given moment.

The man returned to look at the dagger. Beth could see the dagger now, it was a black handle with some silver decorations on it as the sheeth of the blade was made out of leather, she could see that the most frightening thing was that the blade of the dagger was made of something red, it had an engravement on it: 12 christian crosses were carved in it in a line

The bladed peaked her interest and she wandered closer crouching down in front of him with a perplexed expression. The blade had an ominous feel to it. The longer she looked at the more freaked out it made her, her skin crawled at the sight of it. "What is that?" She asked kneeling beside him.

The man looked at her "It's my blade, I made it with magic" he smiled as it had a glorious aura, it had an aura of the saviour himself. It was as if faith was imbued into the blade. It had a certain shine in it. The man smiled gently "It's name is Michael, The Vengefull Angel" he stared at it as he smiled "It's the first blade that I made imbued with holy magic" he putted it back into the mechanical looking holster on his side.

Beth stared at him confused. "Holy magic?" She asked watching him put the weapon away. "As in Divine power?" She shivered. If God existed she must have done something awful to piss him off, possibly her existence itself sufficed. She couldn't recall dragons being in human mythology revolving around God and the religions associated with him. That explained why it felt so ominous to her. She was a black Dragon, inherently born to the darkness. She felt comfortable in the night under the moon and was typically stronger at that time. She could feel her shoulders itching with the urge to soar again but her power had yet to return enough to change any part of her body. Something he said finally sunk in. "You said you made that blade...what kind of human has that power?" She inquired.

The man chuckled gently and looked up at her, his hood dropped down as she could see that half his face was made from metal, the only things that were still human were his eyes, his mouth and the right upper part of his face, the rest was made out of metal and looked the same as his normal face but it was clear that he wasn't only human. He was a cyborg "You see ... I'm not fully human, I have an incredible magic source that was always inside of me... I just ... had a rough past" he said as he looked down at the ground and smiled gently "You think I'm some sort of freak probably"

Her first response when his hood fell back was to jump to her feet but she reigned in her initial burst of emotion and really looked at him. Despite the metal flesh on parts of his body she could tell several important things about him. One he had suffered like her she could sense that. The second thing, even though he looked only vaguely human his soul was still that of a human she could see it in the emotion of his eyes. She watched him quietly before taking a few steps back and closing her eyes.

She withdrew into her mind concentrating on her core, the source of her magic and power. After what seemed a long time but was really only seconds she pulled forth a surge of energy from within that crackled like dark electricity across her skin. She opened her golden eyes and turned a warm smile on him. "I don't think you are freak." She whispered. "You are still human. I am not." The darkness swallowed her, a seething mass of crackling shadows and a roar of freedom erupted inside.

As the shadows slowly drifted away like fading mist the creature that stood before him no long resembled a human. As a dragon she was about the size of a small vehicle with a lithe, sinuous body covered in ebony scales. She had leathery wings that were spread out on either side of her and a long tail that end in a thing point and short spikey ridges along her spine. She crouched down so her face was level with his. 'This is what lives within me all the time.' She did not speak literally but within his mind, an ability all dragons possessed. 'I was never human.'

Black_Dragon.jpg

The man watched her become the majestic creature, he was fascinated and seemed somehow happy that he had found Beth. He puts off his hands on her head gently and looks into her slowly "Proof of being able to control it, reform it and then use it. That is what makes us human, control over ourselves so don't thin you're not human, because nobody is 100% human. We all have demons inside of us and some are bigger then others and some can't help it." he smiled gently as she could feel his magic surging through his body now, she could feel it. The warmth she feared as holy magic before, the power of it was pulsing through his body, as if it was his heartbeat.

Beth closed her eyes as he laid his hands on her muzzle, in this form she could sense the magic in him even stronger. His words struck a chord in her and lifted a weight she hadn't realized she had been carrying all this time. After a few moments she lifted her head and wandered over to the edge of the cliff lifting her face to smell the wind. She flapped her huge wings once before casting a gleeful look at him. Then she jumped. She rocketed towards the ground her wings tight to her body at the right moment she snapped them open and caught the currents of air gliding high in to the sky. If she had been human he may have heard her delighted laughter as she swerved and dove in arcs across the moon. Even as a dragon her happiness could be felt like tingle of energy.

Finally she landed again reverting to her human appearance. She grinned at him. "It's been so long since I was able to do that." She flexed her hand and shadowy energy crackled over it. "I thought my power was still diminished but..." She glanced at him. "I think yours helped bolster mine." Her smile was sincere and filled with powerful emotion. "You and Isabella have done so much without an expectation of return...I don't know how I can ever repay you."

The man chuckled as he looked at her soar free through the sky, he clapped gently as she returned "That was delightfull to see, both of your forms are elegant and couldn't be described as beautifull" he smiled gently "Bradley, that's my name" he said with something that seemed as a pleased smiled on his face "That's the only way to repay me and her, remember our names and stay safe." he opened his hand as a little light orb appeared "That's what this world is about, doing things that makes you feel like yourself and doing things that will prove others that they can thrust you." the light orb opened up and revealed a soft cross that floated into the sky and dissapeared slowly "magic can do great things when used by the correct people"

He looked like a whole different person when he smiled."I won't forget." She replied sitting down on the ground again and laying back. "Who do you guys work for..." She asked suddenly. "You came to Starwood to learn about something but who were you gathering information for? I wasn't Starwood's only dirty secret you know." A look of pain crossed her face. "They did terrible things in the name of research, they were able to create some horrible weapons because of what they did to me."

Bradley went to her and petted her head. He went to sit a meter away from her and then looked at her "We have an anonymous rule, we don't care about our employer but we know that this one is a solid state, he wants it to be destroyed and so we did" he said with a soft voice "you don't have to worry about anything, you wont be harmed no more and neither will Starwood be able to do anything soon" he looked at the sky and then the light cross came back to his hand and it seemed to be swallowed inside of his hand after "that teleportation spell that we used, it has a downfall" he said with a remark in his voice

She had some idea of what that fallout might have been. Unfortunately Starwood was like a cockroach, supremely hard to kill. She was quite for a few minutes as she gazed up at the sky. "You may have destroyed that facility but that organization goes far deeper than anyone can imagine." She crossed on leg over her knee and bounced her foot idly. "They probably already have team deployed looking for me." She added with frown. "They have infiltrated so many other organizations under different guises its hard to say where they might come from next." She looked to Bradley with a grin. "At least it will take them a while to find me here."

*** (this is to indicate a cut to another scene involving other characters)

Thomas glanced at the computer screen again confirming for the 100th time what he already knew. The beast had escaped her chains and was loose on the world. God knew what kind of havoc she could cause, she would be enraged and dangerous. He contemplated a solution for dealing with her. She was far to valuable to kill but he didn't want to needlessly throw men at her to be slaughtered. He stared out the glass window of the skyrise where his office resided. Despite being the owner of a multi-billion dollar company he controlled 80% of the city along with half the militaristic forces that were stationed there. He flipped through a folder on his desk until his eyes fell on a photo of a pair of mercenaries. The note stated they would do any job for the right price and that they were brutally efficient. He smiled cruelly and sent out an e-mail to a contractor that would present them with the job. He would catch that bitch of a Dragon on way or another.

Bradley smiled gently and nodded "Seems fine for me, we'll protect you. We see you do no harm and we'll guard you in any way possible" he chuckled and smiled at her "This sounds weird, a mercenary group going to protect something that they get no profit off" he shrugged and looked at Beth "But we enjoy having you around us, you're something special, we can endure you" Bradley clenched his fist as he sighed gently "But I don't know how long it will be before we have another job"

The contractor immediatly sent an email back to Thomas saying these words "I'm sorry sir, 'The Ones' are not available right now, they have turned off all their communications after finishing their last job. May I offer you their last known location?" the contractor had written down that last sentence and after he did, he added a satellite photo of a mountain area with one wooden shack on it. It showed three heat images.
The contractor then added a note underneath the email: It would be a file, a hidden one but he would find it easily. It said: They should be eliminated, they have been working for us for too long.

Thomas contemplated the new information the contractor had returned to him. They wanted to eliminate the best merc team out there...it was true the longer a team worked for a group the more of a liability they became but these two had never failed to complete a job. Still he trusted the opinion of his contractors so he sent out word that he had a two high paying jobs for a willing team. As he looked at the image with the third heat signature he had a good suspicion where his Dragon was hiding.

Several days had passed since they had arrived at the cabin in the woods and she had fully recovered from her long imprisonment at Starwood. It was actually miraculous how fast her full power returned but she suspected that had something to do with Bradley's presence and Isabella's kind ministrations. The sun was just starting to slide down towards the horizon and she was lounging in the clearing dozing slightly. The sounded that interrupted her thoughts made her hackles rise and a growl escape. It was the soft wupwupwup of a helicopter approaching over the mountains. She shot to her feet and ran for the cabin. "Isabella, Bradley!" As she burst out of the trees the helicopter rose over the hill and headed straight for her. She recognized the logo on the side of the vehicle. A white star imposed over a great tree and rage welled up in her.

She skidded to a halt turning to face the helicopter. It only took her a moment to change and launch herself into the air speeding towards her enemies. Rage consumed all rational thought, she wanted to destroy them for what they did and for interfering on the tenuous peace she had discovered here.

As she yelled, both of them instantly got up from their slumber as they heard her cries of attention. They dissapeared from sight, Bradley suddenly appeared infront of Beth, grabbing her gently as they appear on the ground again, Bradley was insanely strong, she could feel his sheer power being a bit less than her power. He was trying to calm her down as Isabelle jumped off of Bradley's pack, flying upwards in the air as she takes out two pistols, the ammo coil lights up blue as two Lightning spikes shoot through the helicopter. It got shocked and suddenly the fueltank lit up in fire and exploded in about 10 seconds after it was falling down.

Isabelle got blown away from the explosion, being too slow to react, she gets blown into the ground and hit the ground, getting unconcious from the sheer blow against the ground. She's bleeding lightly as her body twitches gently from the blow she received just seconds ago.

He may have been strong but Beth was significantly larger in her dragon form. She thrashed wildly tossing him and snapping viciously in warning. Seeing Isabella hit the ground drove her rage up another notch. Beth took a step towards her injured friend before the sound and scent of men hit her. The helicopter was a distraction several teams of men were advancing on the clearing. The first team appeared at the edge of the trees turning their sights on her. With a furious roar she charged at them, they shot at her but much to their shock and horror the bullets dissolved against a nearly invisible shadowy shield that she had erected only inches from her skin. She knocked the first man off his feet and swung her tail around throwing another ten feet away. The third man on the team was unfortunate enough to find her jaws closing around his throat. She shook him violently and tossed turning her gold eyes on the two surviving men.

Two other teams came out of the woods surrounding Bradley, Isabella and Beth. After dealing with the other two Beth loped over to Isabella standing protectively over her and extending a tendril of magic to her to heal the most grievous of her wounds. She lowered her head menacingly and pulled her lips back in a snarl warning the mercenaries to stay away. The money they had been offered must have been good because none of them turned and ran even after seeing the first team destroyed by her.

Bradley got tossed away then as he tried to stop her , landing roughly on the ground, he dissapeared from sight. The only thing that could be seen from him landing , is allot of trees falling down as he felt down.

Isabella was still knocked out cold on the ground, her body was now healing but her conciousness wasn't. Her body showed some blood spots as her longues were swelling up and then releasing air. Her body was motionless except for the breathing, it seemed like she may never wake up again.

Suddenly Bradley appeared out of nowhere, A golden shield forming around Beth and Isabella as Bradley exited the shield. His eyes... they weren't the normal eyes, you could see something was off, his eyes showed a murderous contempt as he lifted his hands, aiming at the two squads, suddenly needles appeared from his finger tips as suddenly golden magic swords formed from them, he threw them at the squad, they were so fast. The only thing visible from the attack was the golden trace they left in the air as they were thrown, after a few seconds 10 impaling sounds can be heard as the remaining soldiers were all impaled into trees, the golden swords still inside of their chests, faces and stomachs as Bradley growled.

Beth stared around at the carnage in the clearing dropping her own dark shield. She changed back and quickly knelt down by Isabella, she probed the other woman's mind gently with magic and then sent a surge of power through completely healing all the physical wounds in one go. She couldn't do anything for Isabella's mind though, that would have to heal on its own.

Rising to her feet she surveyed the massacred men until one of them got her eyes. Skirting quietly around Bradley with a wary glance she strode over to one of the men. He was gripping one of the golden blades that was buried in guts. He was shaking violently from the shock and probably wouldn't survive much longer...without help. Smiling cruelly she sent a tendril of magic into him healing him just enough that he wouldn't die immediately. He could still feel the pain though. "Why did you come here?" She asked in a dangerous, purring tone. "Did you know what was waiting for?"

The man's eyes were filled with terror as he shook his head. "We were...we were told to take out some people..." He gasped. "Told they were...Starwood renegades." He was wheezing now. "Please..." He begged her. She looked him in the eyes before gripping the blade and twisting it viciously. The man screamed blood pooling on the ground before him. "I don't know any more." He screamed hoarsely. With an annoyed tsk she released the healing web and let him die.

She turned back to Bradley her eyes reflecting the almost set sun. Beth wasn't really sure how to deal with him, he was obviously riding a killing edge and any move could perceived as a threat when someone was like that. She knew...she had killed people when riding that knife edge of rage.

Bradley's eyes looked blank, his mind was absent and it seemed like he wasn't there. She could feel that his memories were surging through his head, the things he had been through in his life were getting the better off him and his fists were clenched as he was looking to his front. You could see that there was no emotion inside his eyes, he was blank right now as he went to one of the bodies, he put his hands on it and Beth could see a shine coming from it.

Beth watched him silently staying a respectful distance away. She couldn't muster up an ounce of concern for the men around them but she was worried about him. After a moment she edged a little closer. "Bradley..." She murmured softly keeping her eyes on him.

Bradley's eyes spread open as suddenly the body explodes in a ball of light, the bodyparts flying around and blood splattering over his body as he looked at Beth "No remorse for the enemy." he said as he looked back at where the body was. his face showed an evil grin.

She very slowly approached him and touched his arm. "Hey...its over now." She whispered pressing her forehead against his. "You destroyed them all." Her gold eyes stared into his empty one. "Bradley come back." She demanded in a very soft voice.

As she touched him, she could feel her magic interacting with his. Suddenly Bradley would be himself again, his eyes showing emotion again as he looked at the blood splatter with despair "What did ... Who .... me ?"

Beth could see the sudden despair spark in his eyes and her heart broke a little bit for him. He had been riding the edge he had completely gone over it. She stepped behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist hugging him tightly and resting her forehead against his broad back. "You did what had to be done." She murmured in a calm, placating tone. After a moment she pulled away and took him by the hand. "Come on last go check on Isabella."

Bradley nodded and stood up, going to Isabella swiftly as he went to sit on his knees, forming a gentle balled up fist with both his hands and then softly put it where her heart should be "Wake up Isa" as bradley did that, a bright golden cross forms over Isabella's body and she floated in the air gently, her body starting to glow golden as she then lands softly again.

Isabella opened her eyes softly, her mind was numbed and her body was in confusion, just outside of a blanked situation, she now had regained conciousness, which was totally against it's nature, she grunted loudly and looked at Beth and Bradley "Are ... you ... two ... okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom