Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Return to Sender ((CLOSED))

Status
Not open for further replies.
img-thing

Noelle Peters stood on the porch that breezy fall day, her world crashing around her ankles as Michael told her his decision. She knew he'd been contemplating it, he'd told her that much at graduation. She still had a year to go of school and in that year they would plan where he'd end up and she'd apply to colleges close. But the beach was home. His words were received with tears in her eyes as she held his hands. She was pulled into his embrace and there she stayed until he left. He was home, he was safety and then, he was gone.

Their final days were spent in bed, her legs wrapped about his strong waist or hovering just above him as he brought her to the point of ecstasy again and again. Saturating the sheets with their fluids and each others minds with images. She wore a red dress and heels on his send off, her long blonde hair was down, the way he liked it. Her blue eyes were filled with tears and she clung to his hand like a lifeline. His whispered assurances didn't ease her nerves, and even though she loved him, it was hard to let him go. He came back after basic for a short visit. A long weekend, but with his family missing him too she got only a day and the final night with him.

It was always this cool crisp air that brought out the memories of him the strongest. Today she had to be strong. She'd promised Chelle that they would go to the beach today. So far kindergarten had been a breeze, it was harder on Noelle than her daughter, their daughter. His fingers found hers, likely knowing WHO she was thinking of. He understood, she'd made it clear and still he stuck around. She tilted her head up at him and smiled gently as her fingers gave his a squeeze. Jim was a patient man, a godsend for an aching mother and her silly daughter. The bus pulled up and off came a dark blonde, blue eyed girl with pigtails. a painted picture in hand to show her mommy.

Her sweater was dotted with paint and her face had the remnants of lunch. but those things weren't important. "Look what I made. Look! We used apples..." The little girl beamed up at the couple.

Dropping down to kneel Noelle took the paper and gave it a thorough looking over, "It's beautiful Michelle, would you like to hang it on the wall when we come back from the beach?" She smiled as the child nodded, "Ok, well lets go get ready..."

A few hours later the 23 year old was running a bath for a sleepy almost five year old. The little one had sand between her toes and up in her hair as well. "You had fun didn't you?" She said more than asked. The girl nodded and giggled when her mommy tickled her tummy. Jim poked his head in to take over, bath time was their time, she smiled and moved past him, her hand caressing his cheek before her lips ghosted on his. She knew the guy was still waiting for an answer, something she still couldn't focus on... especially with the weather reminding her like it was. She sighed and let them finish while she started in on the pile of dishes in the sink.

Her mind rolled over Jim's marriage proposal, the box still sat on the mantel in the living room, an ever present reminder of her need to give him an answer. She was still holding out hope that Michael was alive, she knew it was crazy and she had to push past that. Maybe a marriage to Jim would do that. He loved Chelle and her. He knew it was a package deal and he knew Chelle knew who her father was. He'd come to terms with it and didn't plan on trying to fill those shoes, only help the little girl out by fulfilling that missing piece. He was a staple, she dropped the dish back in the water and dried her hands. Nervously she pulled the ring from the box and placed it on her finger, the door received a knock. She left the box on the coffee table and moved to the door.

Emilie-Nereng-40.jpg

RE: Return to Sender ((Kiroz & LD))

500full.jpg

Michael was a guy of his world, at least he thought he was. Ever since he made the decision to join the military his life has been one of ups and downs. He was sure glad that his girl Noelle supported him in his decision to go search for a better life for the both of them. Michael knew on that day that both of their lives changed forever, that night was spent making love to one another little did he knew what was about to happen a couple of months later, little did he knew that his hard head would save the entire country.

Michael tenacity earned him a lot of respect in the military, he quickly grew up in ranks until he was in charge of a division of high skilled soldiers. That moment was where it all changed, the twin towers were attacked and soon after war started and as such he was expected to go in the front lines of battle. Little did he knew that decision would cost him dearly, five years of pure torture and pain and the only thing that kept him alive was her face, it never left his mind, his soul.

He was captured during the third mission, he was supposed to rescue a division that has fallen behind. The entire thing was a trap set by the enemy and by the time it was all over he was on the floor with three bullet wounds and his death looming in. The enemy knew Michael held secrets and decided to save his life. He knew that his life was not saved by chance, they wanted something and for the next five years he was beaten and tortured in ways no man should ever have. His member were tortured so much that he thought that he was going to die each and every time, however her face appeared on his mind and that gave him courage to go on.

Five years later something happened, all of the sudden the war was over and he was found on his cell naked and almost beaten to death. Blood coming out from his back, testicles and chest. The soldiers were amazed that he did survived even after they declared him dead. He was not the same however, the torture he went through did changed him, for the worst.

The next couple of months were spent in recovery, he did not spoke and only said one name, her name. Three months later he was out of the hospital and they gave him the news, they knew where she was and they were taking him there. Michael could not contain himself as he thought about everything that he went through, his uniform showed a lot of commendations and medals including the purple heart of bravery.

The black van stopped in front of a small house, he slowly walked out of the van and used his cane to help himself walk to the house. His hands were shaking, his mouth was dry and he could not help but to wonder if she had moved on. He needed to see her at least one more time, make sure she was safe and then if she did not wanted him anymore he could go on with his life. He would forever love the woman that saved his life, he would forever love the face of the woman that helped him through the worst times and the worst tortures. With shaking hand he pressed the button to the bell and then knocked three times on the door hoping for the best and trying his best to not burst out crying before he even saw her.

teen-wolf-5.jpg

babies-pictures-wallpapers-funny_4560573444588403.jpg

Michelle Leighanne Peters-Williams​

Noelle smiled down at the ring, but then a frown graced her glossed lips. The only ring she ever wanted to wear was one that Michael gave her. She'd always wanted to marry him and give him a slew of kids. Chelle was an only child so far, how she ached to have more. Jim had asked if they could try when they got married, that was another reason she'd avoided answering him.

"Noe, are you going to get the door?" Jim called out.

Her eyes opened wider, "Yeah..." She pulled the glittery bauble off her finger, placing it back in the box and walking away. "The door," She whispered and took in a deep breath, a smile sliding over her lips. Her hand turned the knob, her white tunic fitting her upper torso while her tight blue jeans fit over the curve of her hips. "Hi... can I..." Her mouth went dry, her smile faltered as the image before her hit her over the head.

The uniform, the medals, the colors and the purple heart. Her eyes flitted down the walk and out to the black unmarked van and back to the male in front of her. His hazel eyes were the same, his face was almost the same, more angular. She took a step forward and then another before she was rushing forward and into his arms, the arms of the man that was her life. Her lips lifted to press against his, she didn't expect a reaction, it was a peck anyway.

"OH my god... they told me you were dead... you're supposed to be dead..." Her words were soft, she clenched her hands on his body, gently so as not to hurt him. She still fit perfect to him, the thought lingered in her head as Jim cleared his throat behind her, Chelle peered out from her towels.

"Mommy?" The little one wiggled and Jim set her on her feet and she rushed forward to stare up at the man. "Mommy..."

Noelle heard them, wiped her eyes and stepped away, but left her arm behind the male. Her blue eyes pleaded with Jim before she turned to Michael. "Please... come in, come in." She grasped her daughter's hand, "Go get dressed sweetheart, Jim can you help her, please?"

Jim nodded, "Come on Chelle, you can talk with Mommy's friend when we come back." He smiled at her but Noelle could see his concern.

The little girl dashed off, "Can I wear my princess pajama's Jim?" She asked over her shoulder.

Noelle ushered him in and closed the door behind him. "I'm so happy to see you, we have a lot of catching up to do..." Her eyes went down the hall toward the room where her boyfriend helped her daughter, their daughter. "A lot..." She was curious, but didn't want to press or overwhelm him with questions. Her heart thumped wildly in her chest, she still loved this man. Right now she wanted to drag him to her bedroom and hold him all night, kiss him when they woke to make sure he was real.

Tears fell down over her cheeks still.

adverimg-114761.jpg

He smiled as soon as she answered; she had the same face that did not changed. His heart felt like it was going to explode, like it was going to beat so fast that it was going to rip through his chest. The embrace was something that he did not expected, he did not moved afraid that she would vanish, that her face was simply an illusion something that his mind conjured.

The kiss drove all his doubts away, it was her. The kiss has a way of identifying people, a way to know how much they cared or loved each other. He kissed her back, he did not wanted to leave her embrace, he felt safe for the first time in five years. His knees began to falter, he did not had the strength he used to have, they did quite a number on him. “I was dead… for a long time I thought I was dead myself… they held me hostage for five years even when they declared me MIA I was alive in a small cell somewhere…”.

Some little voice called for her mother and his eyes instantly looked down at her, she had a daughter. Smiling at the very young woman he noticed another man with her, the worst fears he had came true, she had moved on. Not really wanting to say anything and just wanting to talk to her he walked inside behind her and sat down on a couch. How could he move on? How could he find another woman other than her to keep on living.

Reaching on his pocket he took out a very small photo of Noelle, the photo was all messed up and clearly it was old. His hand shook as he looked at the photo with a smirk on his face, the photo was only her face but it was her face the only thing that kept him with hope. “H…here…you saved my life more times that I can count with that picture” he smiled and handed her the photo.

“I am glad you moved on Noe, I am really glad you found somebody to protect you. I see you have a daughter now, I am glad you do” he smiled obviously giving a fake one. He was cursing himself inside his mind, he wanted to punch the guy on the face but this wasn’t his home, not anymore. Taking a long deep breath to calm himself he sighed and pulled out a small paper with the number of a safe deposit box and a key. “Here you go… I knew that you must had moved on and I wanted to give you this. This will be enough to give you and your daughter a good life”.

Her eyes softened as he spoke, her eyes moved to Jim and she felt so bad that Michael had to see him. This was his home too, she bought it with the idea that he'd be the one living here with her. Jim didn't live here, something she wasn't going to clear up, it'd come out sooner or later when he headed home.

Taking the photo she stood at his side, "NO, you keep it... I gave that to you so long ago..." She stared at her smiling face, it was her senior picture.

Her eyes flashed with something like regret when she looked at him again, he'd mentioned that she'd moved on, it was a lie. She took the paper and key, "What's...." Her blue eyes flitted about his face erratically.

"Don't do this Michael... don't pay me and leave. I want...." Her tears choked her soft words out and left her speechless. She wanted him to stay, for both of them.

Little footsteps were heard rushing down the wooden hallway toward them. "Mommy!" Noelle wiped the tears away and took a deep breath, how could she make them all understand.

"Michelle... can Michael and I share a snack with you?" She asked moving to the fridge and removing the milk. At the little girls nod, she bent and retrieved a sipper cup and a small plastic plate. Two glass plates and glass cups joined it on the counter before she sent the little girl running for cookies from the pantry.

Jim stood silent at the mouth of the hall, not wanting to intrude but also wanting to save his family, his? She was as much his as she was this other guys, he sucked in a deep breath of air. "Babe... I'm gonna go, you two have some catching up and well I don't think I should be in the way." He pressed a kiss to the side of her head, "Call me when you can, we'll talk." He stepped away , gave a nod to Michael and was out the door and on his way to his own apartment across town.

It was almost a sigh of relief when Jim left, almost as it should be. She smiled at him as she poured the milk, the little one at her side counting out cookies onto plates. "One.. twooooo, F-ree..." Beaming a smile his way before rushing to put them up again.

The paper and key burning a hole in her pocket, guilt eating at her chest. She lifted the tray, "This way, come on Chelle." The girl scrambled ahead of them in a pink flash as she rushed ahead to pull out her doll house and play while she ate her cookies.

"I am glad you came, really... I've not moved on, fully." The ring lay on the table in it's box next to the tray. She pulled the paper and key out and lay them on the table next to the box. Her eyes moved over their daughter, "She'll be five next month, so smart... just like her daddy." She sat on the couch and bit into her cookie. What must he think of her?

Michelle, that name resounded with him, almost like his own Michael. Staying in place he looked at the mother taking care of her daughter which caused Michael to grin, they were both alike. Still she had a boyfriend now and he was indeed intruding on her life a little bit too much. He sighed as the guy left, he did not lived with her which was good and she still haven’t placed the ring on her finger also good. He walked with her to the kitchen and sat down on a free chair as he watched her give milk to the kid.

“Six?...” his eyes went wide as he looked at Michelle once again. Six years ago was the best night of his life, the moonlight... the back of his car it was all too perfect. They did not used protection because of the heat of the night but what if. “Can’t be…. Is she?....” the question remained on the air but he was sure that Noelle knew the rest of the question. Did he had a daughter? His heart was pounding as he knew exactly why God did not allowed him to die just yet he needed to take care of his daughter.

He walked up to her and smiled at the young girl, “Hello… I am Michael, I am a…friend of your mom’s”. Michael smiled at the young girl as she sipped from the milk cup and then looked up at Noelle. He wasn’t sure if the kid knew who her father was so he did not wanted to screw things up more than what they were already. He sat once again on the chair trying to take it all in as he looked outside. Did he had the right to come back to her life after all the years he was gone?. Did he even had the right to see Noelle at all?. He was sure the healing scars all over his body told a story but would she stick with him after seeing them?.

[Sorry it was short, did not knew what else to post]

Noelle watched his eyes go wide, she knew he was remembering that magical night in the backseat of his car. Closing her eyes, she was there in that moment again tears spilling over her cheeks as they made love and she reached her moment of bliss. The tears because of her knowing it was perfect. He always made her feel perfect. She never said anything about the lack of protection, they had before and been fine. Though she almost wished they had once she found out. So scared and alone.

His next went unfinished, it wasn't needed. She couldn't even nod. Her shaking hands grasped her cup and drank deeply of the milk in her cup. Watching as father talked to daughter for the first time. Her daughters blue eyes flitted up to him and then glanced her way. So innocent and young, the girl smiled at him. Both watching as he moved back to his chair.

Michelle stared at him thoughtfully, she knew who her dad was. Her mommy gave her a picture. This man looked familiar but her young mind couldn't process why. "Hi Michael."

Noelle watched them, the small interaction made her smile. She watched Michelle stood, disappeared and brought back a silver framed photo. Swallowing hard she knew the picture was of Michael in his uniform. His eyes were bright, his face clean shaven and looking so young.

"My daddy wears that too..." She said softly, her big blue eyes searching his face as she turned the photo to him. "Did you know my daddy? You smile the same..." Her observation had her touching his face gently, turning his head to search his eyes.

Noelle wasnt sure what to do, let alone what to say. These two people were on the verge of something so big, it threatened to take her breath away. She wondered what Michelle was thinking.

He smiled as the kid came back towards him and began inspecting his face. He stood there dumbfounded trying to search for the right words to say to his daughter. When her small hands touched his face he remained still as to not scare her. She let him touch whatever he wanted and then smiled “W…well sweetheart… I am your daddy…”. He tried to search for the right words to say but he could not say anything as tears began to flow down his cheek.

“I am so sorry I wasn’t here sweetheart I promise that I will never leave you again. I promise that I will protect you and take care of you forever” he hugged her tightly but not enough to hurt her or do any damage to her small little body. “Oh my god I cannot believe how big you are…” he smiled letting her go and looked at Noelle and just trying to find the right words. He felt the need to give his daughter something, anything.

He looked at his uniform and smirked, grabbing a single medal that was hanging on his uniform and placing it on her small little hands. “Take this… whenever you are sad or angry hold this in your hand and it will give you courage, you will be able to face anything. With this in your hand you will know that I am always watching you, always taking care of you even if I am not in the same room”. He kissed the girls forehead and smiled at Noelle. His mouth was dry as he held his hands out to see if she wanted him to carry her or something like that.

Noelle watched as Michelle's eyes went wide. The blue irises standing out on her little face. The little one looked to her mother for some assurance, that this was the truth being told by the stranger. Giving her daughter a little nod she could only lift her hands to wipe her tears away.

Michelle moved closer to him, her sipper cup on the floor with the long forgotten cookies. She wrapped her arms around him. "It's okay D-Daddy... you were dead, but you are back now." She lifted her hands and wiped his tears away.

"I'm almost five, I'm not a baby no more." She kissed his cheek gently and tilted her head when he handed her the medal.

Noelle smiled back at him, wanting to curl up at his side and hold them both. She heard her heart beat in her ears and wiped her face. Watching in fascination as their daughter climbed up in his arms.

"Make it stick to my jama's Daddy." The little girl beamed up at him. "Can you tuck me in every night?" She smiled up at him.

Noelle moved to the toys and cleaned them up before handing the cup and cookies to the little girl. She wanted to know the answer as much as the little girl. She found her mouth almost forming the sentence, if I asked nicely would you tuck me in every night too.

He smiled as the girl seemed to react well to him and was even braver than he ever was. “Y…Yes I was dead but I am back, back to protect you… the both of you”. He looked at her climb up his arm and rest on top of his thigh, “Stick? Oh… yeah sure baby”. He grabbed the medal and attached it to her top, “There, it is pointy so be sure to ask mommy to take it out and attach it to any other thing you want”. Her next question took him out the loop, how could he possibly answer that?.

It was one thing that he was visiting but to do that he would need to come at least every night to tug her in. “Mmmm I am not sure, I do promise you something… you will see me quite a lot from now on” he grinned kissing the forehead of the little girl and moving his hand over her face (like the Face off movie). He grinned looking at Noelle and smiled, “I love you both so much….”. He laughed out loud and took grabbed the cookies and the cup before standing up with the girl on his hands and placing her on top of his shoulders.

“Like the view?” he had her secured on his hands clearly he wasn’t about to let her go. He laughed out loud and then got an idea, “Hey Noelle baby… we do need to talk…”. He smiled placing the girl on the ground again and looking down at her, “At least I can tug you in tonight, hurry up and go to your room I will be there soon”. He smiled and approached Noelle doing the same motion with his hand on her face “I will answer all of your questions later…”. He smiled and looked at Noelle almost asking permission to go to his own daughters room.

Chelle smiled as he stuck it to the front of her pajama top, her small fingers tracing over it and staring up at him. Innocent eyes flitted back and forth between her parents, she didn't plan on losing either after all that she had been through before. She giggled as he lifted her to his shoulders, a small hand lifted up to touch the ceiling. Leaning over she kissed the man on his forehead, "Love you too Daddy, I missed you."

Noelle watched them, her daughter holding onto his chin because she was scared, but leaning down and kissing the stranger, trusting in him enough to know he was who he said he was. Her heart ached at the question. She wanted him to stay to, she had a spare bedroom... but would he stay? Better yet, could he stay and she leave him alone?

She stay seated on the couch watching them. Happy that he'd be around but sad that things were this way instead of being with him, she was with another. Her eyes met his and held, she loved him too. Sure, she may have said it to Jim but that didn't mean it was a lie. "I love you too... both of you so very much." She said holding back another stream of tears. Noe nodded at him, he was right, they did.

Watching as Chelle took off down the hall giggling she rose. His hand came over her face and she kissed the palm tenderly. "That's fine," She whispered up to him. Swallowing hard she wrapped her arms around him, "Stay... I have a spare room. I can keep her home from school and we can bond." She would have dropped to her knees and begged him, but she knew it wouldn't do any good.

Having once fit in his soft spot she knew now it could possibly be a tight fit. She bit her lip as she felt her tears soaking into his uniform jacket. The soft pitter patter of feet was heard in the hall, but she couldn't find the will power to let him go just yet.

"Yea, family hug!" She wormed her way between them and hugged each of their legs.

"Silly doodle... hey, why not show daddy your room. I'll come in for kisses in a bit." She lifted and kissed his cheek before the little one was practically dragging him down the hall to her pink princess room. White bunk beds decorated like a castle on top, all of her stuffed animals were laying in disarray up there, two shelves sat full of books with a lamp on the top decorated like a princesses hat. A rainbow with clouds were painted on the wall. There were several framed pictures on the top shelf, one of him and Noelle together and a few different shots of him made into a collage as well as the little silver framed picture of him.

Toys were in bins on a wall and a huge handmade wooden doll house stood in the corner. The worker that built it was his own father. The little girl wiggled under the covers, a big purple comforter, and snuggled down against her pillow. She cuddled a worn looking unicorn as she smiled up at him widely. "You don't have to read me a story... unless you want to." She yawned, her little mouth stretching wide.

He hugged the woman back and noticed her crying, she did miss him as well. Smiling he kissed her head softly before looking down at his daughter being silly again. Grinning he looked at her as she seemed to want him to follow her to the room. Taking a deep breath he followed his daughter leaving Noelle alone so she could recover. He walked inside her room and was clearly impressed by all his photos. Taking the silver framed photo he smiled as he remembered that day.

Placing the photo back he sat down next to her and smiled. “I don’t know how to make stories however there was a song that a friend of mine sang one time. It is a song that will protect you when you are in danger just sing it”. He kissed her forehead and softly began to sing, if there was anything he was proud of even before going to war was that he had a good singing voice.

He looked down at her as he grabbed her hand gently and began drawing a heart with his finger. She began to slowly fall asleep which made him grin. Finally reaching for her forehead he gently kissed her and covered her “Good night my butterfly”. He smirked and walked out of the room trying to not allow his leg to do any noise that could wake her up. Finally he reached for the living room and sighed, “She is out….”.
[ Sorry it was very short I am having writers block]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom