Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A world Beyond (Fadereaper and Kuro_Bara)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clara slid expertly across the ice and leaned down to help him up, looping her arm through his she slowly guided him around the pond. Her soft laughter echoed off the trees as they slipped around together and fell in a heap on the cold surface. She grinned at him before picking herself up and offering her hand a second time. "Come on, you can do it. Try again and I will make you those nutcakes you love once we get home." She said with a teasing grin.

He smirked as with her aid they managed to fall regardless and taking her hand he would use her support to pull himself up and dust the snow from his body, and when she challenged to add some of the nutcake he was eager to learn how to do this and with a nod he followed her onto the ice and with more precision he managed to keep his footing. However he was still wobbly he had superior control this time, "I think...I got it now." He said as he managed to maintain his movements and even began slide more efficiently.

Clara giggled gently and let him go, spinning away again. Her cheeks were red from the cold but she looked to be thoroughly enjoying herself. She really was, this was something she used to do with her family in the winter when all the work was done. Afterwards they would head home and have hot cocoa and nutcakes and read stories around the fire. "Do you know any stories?" She asked suddenly, sliding to a stop in front of him and looking up. Her eye lashes were covered in small ice crystals from her breath freezing on them and sparkled in the bright sunlight that filtered through the trees.

He smirked when she asked him if he knew any stories and he would simply shrug as he did have some tales but none of them very interesting, he lived alone in his lair for a long time and the only tales to be told were of the warriors who were dispatched due to trying to hunt and kill him. "I do know a few although they would probably be quite boring, unless you want to hear about the failed exploits of each man trying to kill me to become famous." He said with a smile as he nursed his warm drink, adding to the drink with occasional nips at his nutcake.

She sat beside his knee with a pleasant smile and looked up at him expectantly. "I would love to hear about those exploits, they deserve whatever they got for trying to hurt you." She said with a flash of uncharacteristic anger. It was nice sitting here with him like they were a family.

He smiled thinking of one of the last he could remember of a random hunter coming into his lair only to fall on the short end of his fiery breath, it was something he didn't dwell much on but he remembered one. "There was this one lad who was no doubt the greatest warrior in the city he lived in or whatever village he called home, he heard that a dragon had taken up residence near his home and he thought he could try to take me down."

He paused trying to collect his thoughts on the matter at hand, "oh yes I remember he thought to try and deceive me, he had this herb that he was told was poisonous to creatures like me and tried to placate me by making it into a salve and applying it into the fur of a sheep." His hand rested around her back wrapping it softly with his arm, "yes he thought to feed me the poison but I could smell its strong odor so there he met his end in a blazing inferno."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom