Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You all know the lyrics to this song...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nono][onon

Planetoid
Greetings everyone,

I'm somehow reviving this request thread because life had me moving away from bluemoon for quite some time and I lost some of my wonderful rplay partners.
I can't blame them and I don't hold a grudge at all. I even secretly hope they'll stumble upon this thread and contact me again -_^

Also,due to real life, I'll probably be able to do one, maybe two rplay max. Doesn't mean I'll be overly picky, just know that if I ever refuse to rplay with you, it probably has nothing to do with your skills or anything... just that I'm affraid I will not be able to rplay with you on a regular basis.

Anyway, on to the request.

First thing first:
Here is a little bit about myself.
Like most people say "I'm new to bluemoon but not to rplaying". I've been doing this for more than 15years, since I'm a child of the very early 80s, which makes me probably quite older than the average BM rplayer (Pure speculation but, reading threads here and there, I don't think I'm that wrong...) which leads me to my next point..

The age thingy:
Well, considering my age and the themes included in most BM rplaying threads, I'd rather team up with someone my age or, at least, between the 25yo and 35yo...
Of course, it's the Internet, so you can always lie to me but I feel like I've got to say it anyway.
I don't want to sound like an old man killing the party and all (hell, except for work and bills, my life has probably not much changed since high school) but, if our characters get to have sex it would really feel creepy knowing you're 16... like really, really creepy.
Plus, who knows, I like to chat ooc and rplaying always brings the possibility to make new friends so... well, someone not too far away from my age would be great.

About the rplay:
As far as genres are concerned, I kind of like them all but, this being a request thread, here are some favorites of mine.

Sci-Fi: Love it. If only for the fact that there is really too little sci-fi goodness in the media.
While I do love the space fantasy kind with light sabers, sonic vibrating blades, big pirate ship like space vessels, mecha and all... my real love goes to the hard sci-fi genre. Things like Mass effect, Star Treck, Defying Gravity, BSG or even Evangelion...
Be it rplaying soldiers, spies, pioneers establishing a colony, explorers, embassadors or even scientists with a moral dilemna... I love it all, alien races included or not.
That being said, Alien like horror would be great too.
Something alike Cowboy Bebop too.
Still in the sci-fi genre, Cyberpunk lover can give me a call too. From Shadowrun to Ghost in the Shell or Netrunner... I'm game for everything.

Steampunk: Weird steam alternative techno babbles mixed with victorian like England society? Sounds like ending a very good meal with a very good dessert to me. I'm game.
From dark secrets hidden by a noble family, to a war in the making against another country or even a sherlock like detective story... it's all good.
Also, people who loved the comics League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen and wants to recreate something with the same vibe, I'm game too.
A Monte Cristo like story would work very well too I guess.

Modern: Love modern. What's good is I'm living in a modern world so there is a level of comfort in here that's just not in any other genre. I'm ok for real life stuff as long as we find a good story in it. No problemo.
For those who'd like to bring some magic into modern, I'm interested too. Although, my idea of magic is close to the Vertigo comics line or White Wolf's World of Darkness (Vampire The Masquerade, Mage, Werewolf...), meaning it has to be a bit more subtle than casting fireballs in the open, right?
I love it when magic is weird, dirty, dangerous, alien and always comes with a price. Think Hellblazer, Book of magic, Clive Barker, Neil Gaiman, Lovecraft, Angel's Heart, Hellboy...
From there, we can go anywhere... People looking for strange artefacts? A lost city that only appears in dreams? A death cult trying to wake a cephalopode like god monster? Vampires knocking at our doors? Anything is ok.

Fantasy: Love it too. Put it in the last position because I just feel overloaded with it sometimes but I do love it. Dungeons and dragons? I love both ^_^
Whether you want something gritty and dark medieval à la Games of Thrones or more sword and sorcery leaning on the Conan or Elric side, I'm more than willing to rplay with you.
We could be simple soldiers caught into something bigger than us, shining knights and magicians defending the realm or on a mission, adventurers, swords for hire, assassins, mercenaries, diplomates... whatever, I'm all for it.

Anything else: I know there are lots of other genre like post-apocalyptic and super hero and stuff... I just posted what I had in mind but feel free to tell me about your cravings, I'm sure there is always a plot that could interest me, whatever the genre.

The "No" list:
We all have one so let's start with the obvious toilet's stuff. Whatever happens in the toilet, stays there. Also, never expect my character to be into children or animals. I also expect yours not to walk that road.
Anything else, I'm probably ok or will let you know if I'm not.

Sexuality:
Also, my characters, much like myself, will be hetero. I don't mind your character having any other preferences though. You and your charater can be whatever you like, just don't expect mine to be anything else.
If you're a male and want to rplay a gay guy, that's ok. Just don't expect my character to fall for yours but feel free to fill the rplay with secondary characters as potential love interests for yours.
Our characters though will be best buddy and that's all. Still, that's good to have a buddy.
Same goes if you're playing a female lesbian character. I don't mind. Our characters will be friends. Works for me.
Our characters don't need to be/fall in love to make a great story.

English and post length:
I'm not a grammar nazi. English isn't even my first language so there is a 100% probability I'll make mistakes myself.
Let's just try to both work a bit on our posts and have fun and everything will be alright.
Also, I don't expect reading a novel with each of your posts. In fact, I'd pretty much hate it.
Give me 1 para and I'll be fiine as long as there is enough for me to work with it.
I, myself, usually write 2/4 on average, depending on what's needed for the scene and bit more for the intro.
If our characters are supposed to have a fast paced conversation in a room we already described, I would understand shorter posts...
Oh, if you write like that "u r teh 1 i was looking 4", then, I'm sorry but, "you're not the droid I was looking for".

Finally:
I know your character is yours and I don't have anything to say about how you handle him/her but, please, if you could stay away from the shy and emo archetype, that would be great.
I'm all for a dark past and a complex personnality and stuff but I really can't stand the over miserable background of "my dad was a demon and my mother a werwolf and he killed her and raped my sister vampire and this is why I'm affraid of bipedes and cut my veins on a daily basis and hate everyone but secretly need to be tamed and humiliated."
If this is your idea of an interesting character, that's fine, but that's really not my cup of tea and I wish you the best of luck with someone else. No hard feeling.

And that's all, thanks for reading it all and if you're interested in rplaying with me, feel free to PM me.

Sorry, I almost forgot: I can play through PMs, Messengers (I have MSNM and YIM. Just ask for my screen name and I'll send it to you.), emails (just don't betray my trust here. I'll probably use my real email because I'm too lazy to put on another account to check every so and then.) and threads maybe. Although threads will need convincing, I hate it.

Any questions, send me a PM.

Now that's really all folks. Thanks for reading ^__^.
bye²

Uh Oh...
...let me guess: We're above a huge waterfall?
Yep
Sharp picks at the bottom?
Yep
Bring it on!

Bump

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
I've got sunshine in a bag
I'm useless, but not for long
My future, is coming on, is coming on, is coming on...

Bump

Budy you're a boy
Make a big noise
Playing in the streets
Gonna be a big man someday.

You've got, mud on your face
Your big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place

Singing
We will, we will, rock you!

Bump

I've seen your frown
And it's like looking down the barrel of a gun
And it goes off
And out come all these words
Oh there is a very pleasant side to you
A side I much prefer

It sounds like a déjà vu, it's not an illusion.
Sometimes, I feel you do, all the confusion
It doesn't always make me feel sad
But it never really makes me feel glad
For all the good times we had
Will never be back.

I knew a girl named Niki I guess you could say she was a sex fiend
I met her in a hotel lobby masturbating with a magazine
She said "how would you like to spend some time?"
and I couldn't resist when I saw little Niki grind

I like a tombstone cause it
weathers well
And if it stands or it crumbles only
time will tell
And you can carve my name in marble you must
cut it deep
There'll be no dancing on my gravestone you must
let me sleep

Unforgettable, that's what you are.
And forevermore, though near or far
That's why darling, it's incredible
That someone, so unforgettable
Thinks that I am unforgettable too.

Coquet Coquette
you know I won't forget
How you hit me twice to prove that you are cynical
Oh my Coquette
you are the death, You are the pinnacle

Haha, I have no idea how I ended up here (Actually I do, pretty sure I misclicked onto your thread.. but man, reading your bumps, pure gold. Those alone should net you lots of responses. I'm not a girl, or into guys, but if I was I'd not be able to resist those bumps, haha. Bravo good sir.

Thanks mate. Who knew remembering songs lyrics and pop culture references would earn me some kind words one day XD

My, my this here Anakin guy
He may be Vador some day later, now he's just a small fry
He left his home and kissed his momy good bye
Saying soon I'm gonna be a Jedy
Soon I'm gonna be a jedy

Oh It seems forever stopped today
All the lonely hearts in London caught a plane and flew away
The best women are married
The handsome men are gay
You feel deprived

All the sweet love
When we're all alone