Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Arrivederci Amico. A son's final goodbye (Malicious Lullaby&Bigbadvoodoodaddy.)

A soft giggle came from her and she shrugged her shoulders a little bit. “Well if my daughter approves, then so do I.” She said softly, looking at him with a soft sparkle in her eyes. Oh yes, she could very much fall for this man, if not already. And that was dangerous. Very dangerous indeed.
As he began spouting off the choice menu for tonight’s dinner-date, her jaw dropped and she nearly salivated, as if not at all full from her pasta, which she hadn’t even finished yet. “Y-You’d make such a delicious—did you say gelato?” Her lower lip trembled, so did her chin, as if he just tapped into one of her most desirable cravings she had been having her entire pregnancy but hadn’t had the chance to have it yet. And homemade gelato was the best and the fact he was going to make it. Her eyes watered, the overwhelming emotions and her hormones off the charts in her pregnancy, she didn’t know how to respond to his kindness. She hadn’t known such kindness in a while, not from a man whom she may be romantically inclined towards. This was new. Yet the niggling doubt in her wondered what the catch was, especially knowing he was a Carusone. While Sophie doubted that he had malicious intentions now knowing she was a Corleone, her past and her insecurities about love and men were starting to take over.

“What’s the catch?”

“Well then I must say that I am glad to have your approval” he then moved so he was face level with Sophie’s stomach and he said “And yours as well” he said happily before getting face to face with her and heard her comment “Oh yes homemade Gelato my mother taught me how to make it. And I’d be more than honored to cook a huge Italian meal for my beautiful pregnant Italian Goddess Sophie” Bartolomeo said romantically as he stood up slowly “Now you eat little lady you need to make sure that baby is well fed” he said in a joking stern tone. Slowly he made his way around the kitchen searching through all the drawer’s, cupboards, the fridge and anywhere else cooking utensils and ingredients would be so where he could make sure that he would have everything so when he made her, her special dinner. “Ah, a catch well you see darling I wasn’t originally think of a catch but I guess we could make it that I make you food and you allow me another kiss from those beautiful lips of yours. Does that sound good?”

There were a lot of things that Bartolomeo Carusone was. A gangster, bootlegger, killer, all around bad guy until you got him around a beautiful young lady or a pregnant lady and now he was in the company of a beautiful pregnant lady who he was absolutely falling in love with but that was fine with him because even though he knew that their families were worst enemies but he could get over it but. How would he live with her knowing her father was the one who killed his father.

Sophie giggled, finding how he spoke to her daughter in her tummy was rather funny. Watching him, she licked her lips. She could just taste that gelato now and she couldn’t wait. It was the best ice cream ever, better than American ice cream. Although she couldn’t knock a good sorbet. A blush coated her cheeks though and she sat up slowly and resumed her lunch, not able to say anything, but simply smile and smile bashfully at that.

“I suppose I can’t deny you that. Especially since I do adore your lips.” She spoke softly before she took another bite of her pasta. As she ate her lunch and as he worked in the kitchen, Sophie couldn’t help herself as she watched him, admired him and probably started the descent into falling for this man. A sworn enemy to her family but a sweet and kind man, just as she knew, just as she thought, just as she had hoped.

The next three months seemed to go by in a flash but Sophie felt…like she had never before in a very long time. Sure, she was so happy about her daughter and that she was no longer bound in an abusive marriage. But even more, she was happy that her faith in men intimately had been restored by the amazing Bartolomeo Carusone. Her father didn’t know about them, but Santini did and that was okay with her because she trusted her with her life. That woman was a mother to her. And if anything, she also knew that Santini didn’t buy the whole feud between the Carusone’s and Corleone’s. But it was any day now. Sophie was swollen, she just might pop. And it was getting to that point that while she adored her entire pregnancy because it wasn’t so bad, she was kind of wanting her daughter to be out now.

Despite her happiness, Sophie was miserable. When all she wanted was her daughter now.

That day, Don Corleone stopped by because he knew that any day now, his daughter would be giving birth and he wanted to be there to help bring his granddaughter into the world. It seemed like life wanted to surround him with beautiful women. Stepping out of the car, he adjusted his jacket and walked inside of the little cottage, owning his own key for it. There was a midwife working with Santini since it was going to be a home birth for Sophie and when he walked in, he saw her. He smiled warmly and removed his fedora. “Good afternoon. I’m—“
“Oh, Don Corleone, yes sir. Of course I know who you are. Your daughter is asleep right now but her boyfriend—“
“Francesca!” Santini came barreling through. She was still teaching the ropes of the family with the midwife and forgot to mention the feud between the Corleone family and Carusone family.
“Boyfriend?” He chuckled. “My daughter has a boyfriend and I’ve yet to meet him? Who is the lucky man?”

Bartolomeo Carusone woke up slowly feeling well rested. He had spent yet another night with his beautiful girlfriend Sophie Corleone. He had been with her for three months now and had completely fallen in love with her and the child she was carrying who he was going to ask if he could adopt and raise alongside her as his own child. Things had completely changed in the last few months he had originally met Sophie the day he woke up from a coma because he had been shot multiple times by the Corleone families gang which was his families mortal enemy and just so had to be ran by Sophie’s father but he got over it slowly he rubbed his eyes and looked over in bed beside him and pulled Sophie’s shirt up gently just over her now quite large pregnant stomach and he kissed her stomach lovingly before placing his hand on her stomach and stroked it lightly with his thumb “Don’t worry baby girl Barty’s here to talk to you until mommy wakes up. It shouldn’t be too long until you’re here and we’re able to see you” he said as he leaned up and kissed Sophie hoping she’d wake up since they had went to bed quite early the night before. Slowly he made his way to the bathroom down the hall when he got back though some one was in the room with a now awake Sophie as he saw who it was he grabbed for his gun knowing it was Don Corleone.

Feeling his lips on hers, Sophie stirred and she lightly kissed him back as she started to wake up. She opened her eyes and saw him go and then yawned softly. Her hands moved to the large swell of her belly and she rubbed it softly. “Come on baby girl…just make the water break. I want you in my arms.” She almost whined.
Don Corleone walked into her room and he smiled at her. “I don’t blame you sweetheart. I can’t wait to hold my granddaughter as well.”
Hearing his voice, Sophie sat up instantly and she looked at him. “Daddy.”
He was all big and proud smiles as he went to her side and sat down on the bed, rubbing her belly after kissing her forehead. “Hi sweetheart.” He said softly.
“W-What are you doing here?” She asked.
“Do I need a reason? My daughter is about to give birth. I want to be here.” He said softly.
“But—“ She swallowed hard. “I wish you would have called. I uh…I would have been awake.” She worried if he saw Bartolomeo. Hell, she wondered if Bartlomeo saw her father.

Bartolomeo finished using the restroom and flushed the toilet before going to wash his hand as he was walking back down the hallway again and as he got closer to the bedroom he heard a male's voice and knew almost instantly that it was the man who had caused all of his pain. Because Don Corleone had allowed the attack on Bartolomeo he had without his own knowledge pushed Bartolomeo into the arms of Sophie who had taken care of him while he healed. As he healed though they had started falling in love with each other and had now been successfully dating now for two months. He had helped her with all the things she had went through and he had already told everyone in the Carusone Family Mafia that he was in a relationship and who he was in it with and although they were kind of upset at first had grown to love Sophie and had been here several times to protect her while he had gone out to do Business which only he could over-see because of its importance. He knew that Sophie wanted to be as far away from that business as possible and he also knew she knew what he was talking about when he said he had to go out but he had been keeping his personal and business life away from each other. After he would get done doing a Job. he would come in purposely staying away from Sophie, take a shower and get re-dressed before going to check on her and the baby who he had grown to think of as his own child.

Right before Sophie's bedroom was the one he had all of his stuff in and so he ran inside and grabbed his gun and put the clip of bullets in and placed it on his hip and then he grabbed another pistol his smaller pistol and placed it between his belt buckle and his waist before walking in keeping his hand near his side as he saw Don Corleone and went to Sophie's side kissing her lightly "Hello darling how are you and the baby doing darling" Bartolomeo asked he wasn't going to pull his gun out unless Don Corleone since he didn't want to upset his beautiful pregnant girlfriend.

“Nonsense sweetheart. But Santini and your mid-wife Francesca were telling me about a boyfriend?” He asked with a small grin. “Who is the lucky man in your life?” He asked softly, stroking her cheek.
Sophie swallowed hard and she bit her lower lip hard, actually, chewing it nervously. “Um…” She was terrified to tell her father, just because of her current condition. Not that he’d hurt her but she had fears that she didn’t exactly want to test out right now.

And then he just had to make an appearance beside her. She felt her heart beating faster and her hand went instinctively to her belly when Bartolomeo sat down beside her. She kissed him back gently, unable to help the loving look in her eyes as she looked at him. “I’m doing fine. We’re both doing fine. I-I want to introduce you formally to my father, Don Alberto Corleone.”
“Father, this is—“
“I know who he is.” His voice was grave, lethal even and he looked like he could kill. Not Sophie or his granddaughter, no, heavens no! But he could kill this Carusone right now.

He stood up instantly and drew his gun from his hidden holster. “I thought I had you finished off. What is this?!” He yelled, his gun pointed at Bartoloemo.
“Daddy, please, I—“
“Shut up Sophie. Of all men. Any man would be okay. But not a Carusone!”
Sophie rose to her feet, her hands on her belly as she adjusted the top of her white silk nightgown, her long dark hair barreling over one shoulder in soft curls. “Please…”

"Just liked everything you do Corleone you failed" Bartolomeo said as he pulled his pistols out and pointed them at Don Alberto Corleone “I don’t want this situation to get badly especially since I love your daughter but if it’s my life or yours I have to choose between you better believe I’m choosing my own life” Bartolomeo said as he continued to just hold his guns aimed at Don Corleone. Slowly he lowered the one gun though the small pistol because Sophie had stepped between them and it was pointing at her and he wanted nothing to be pointing at her that could hurt her or the baby but his other pistol a quite large pearl handled six shooter that he had inherited from his father was still pointed at Alberto. “Lower your guns Corleone. You nor I would want anything to happen to Sophie she is the link that chains us both together you and I love her way too much to ever hurt her” Bartolomeo said honestly as he tried talking down the man who was both his mortal enemy and the father of the woman he loved more than anything in the world.

“Just let you and I sit down and talk this out as two grown responsible men who love each other and Sophie. Not two men that hate each other more than anything and want’s each other dead because I don’t want this whole thing down to go to blows but” he pulled the hammer back on the gun that showed he was serious about shooting Alberto if things continued going the way they were “You were the man who killed my father so what’s your decision going to be” he asked speaking in his booming business tone not the soft loving tone that he had been using for the last few months while around Sophie.

“I killed your father for a reason boy and I will kill you and this time you will stay dead. I don’t care if you love my daughter. I don’t care if you both love each other. No daughter of mine will spend her life with a Carusone.” He snapped, pulling the hammer back of his gun and he slowly started to wrap his finger around the trigger, ready to shoot. All until Sophie stood between them both.
“Enough!” She snapped. She was an angry woman right now. On top of that, she was pregnant. Pregnant and angry? Bad combination. As lethal as the two guns pointed at each other. “You two will get over this stupid feud or you will both lose me. You will lose me as your daughter and,” she said first to her father before turning to face Bartolomeo. “you will lose me as your girlfriend! I want none of this in my life! So get over it or—“ She was cut off when she felt something in her stomach.

Her hands came to her belly and she looked down, swallowing hard. She started breathing heavily and then looked up at Bart. “I-I think my water broke.”

"Do it Stronzo(Asshole)" he said mixing English and Italian again as he looked at Alberto totally unafraid he knew this was something that would come eventually dating Sophie but he didn't care he wasn't stepping down but when Sophie stepped in front of the gun he un-cocked the hammer but held it at the ready until he heard those words that he had been dreading and hoping for at the same time for a few weeks. Slowly he grabbed Sophie lifting her up with ease into his now fully healed strong arms and he carried her to the bed laying her flat and he began to prep her for what she was going to go through like he had been taught "Listen I know we're enemies here Alberto but this is the birth of your granddaughter. Listen to me just this once. Go downstairs and tell Santini to get the things ready then find the mid-wife Francesca and get her up here as soon as possible. We can worry about our childish feud once we worry about this first" Bartolomeo said willing to get over this childish feud because he was more worried about fulfilling his duties to the wonderful woman who had saved him and who he loved more than life itself.

The words that Sophie spoke had his eyes widen in horror, even more when she stepped in front of them, he lowered his gun completely, un-coking the gun and putting the safety back on. As Bartolomeo hoisted Sophie onto her back, he put his gun away and nodded to the boy. “Deal.” Was all he said before he left and went downstairs to get Santini and Francesca. All he had to say was Sophie was in labor and they scurried. He then hurried back upstairs and Sophie was breathing fast.

Sophie whimpered softly as she was laid down on the bed. All the blankets were removed and she was already fast experiencing a contraction. She would be dilated quickly at this rate. She cried out softly as she experienced the contraction, not forgetting how to breathe. When she got through it, she lay back and panted softly, closing her eyes.

Santini and Francesca started, Francesca in the lead and it wasn’t long before she was ready to push. “Alright Miss Corleone, I’m going to count to three and then you’re going to push okay?” Francesca spoke softly and when she knew Sophie was going to have another contraction, she counted to three. “Alright, push Sophie! Push!” Sophie screamed as she pushed. Mother fucker, it killed to give birth!

“It’s alright baby whenever you feel pain just squeeze my hand” lightly he took his shirt off and ripped part of it up and began lightly dabbing Sophie’s forehead lightly with his shirt using it as a rag to wipe away all of her sweat “Come on baby you’re doing great just a couple more push’s and we’ll finally have brought that sweet bundle of joy into this world like you have been wanting to do for months” Bartolomeo smiled as he held his girlfriend’s hand. He was trying to do the best he could to keep her calmed down to the point it would put less stress on her body.

Countless hours went by and Bartolomeo’s hand had been squeezed to the point he felt like it was probably broken but it was totally worth it when he was able to clean the baby girl off wrap her in a blanket and carry her back over to Sophie which he did. Slowly and carefully he handed the newborn baby girl to her and sat beside his girlfriend not daring to look up toward the man who hated his gut’s.

Oh, she squeezed his hand alright. The pushes hurt since she was pushing through her contractions. He was such a help at her side. Sophie was crying, panting hard and wishing it’d just be over and she had encouragement from Bartolomeo and from Francesca since Santini and her father were watching from the distance so she wasn’t crowded.

One final push. The sound of a baby cry filled the room and Sophie rest her head back, breathing hard. It was over and her baby girl was born. Her eyes closed to half lids and Francesca cleaned her up down there while Bartolomeo cut the umbilical cord and washed her baby girl. When he was at her side again, she tilted her head to see her little squished up meatball and she laughed softly, crying. “Oh she’s perfect.” She whispered and looked at him. “We make a cute baby don’t we?” She giggled, knowing that her daughter wasn’t technically his. He didn’t need to be the father to be a dad. He was already a dad.

Alberto had been watching the delivery. Ever more importantly, he was watching how this Carusone was with his daughter. And now that his granddaughter was born, he saw it clearly now. Even if he was a Carusone, something in Alberto knew that this man would never hurt his daughter the way her ex-husband had. And that was his dilemma. He stepped forward and sat at the end of his daughter’s bed and looked at them both. “What will you name her?” He asked.

Sophie looked at her father and then looked to Bartolomeo. She smiled and then looked back at her father. “Lucinda.” She said softly. Alberto’s eyes watered and he smiled tearfully. “She’d have been so proud of you my dear.”
“Lucinda Corleone-Carusone.” She finished and looked back at Bartlomeo. “If you’ll have us.” Hell, she just named her daughter after her mother and was giving her his last name.

Bartolomeo smiled as he lightly placed his arm around Sophie from behind her holding her in his arms as she held the beautiful baby girl. Slowly uneasy though he moved away slightly to sit at the edge of the bed near his guns as Alberto Corleone walked toward them. Bartolomeo knew it was to see his daughter and newborn granddaughter but after the long heated battle these two families had, had which had started over a hundred years between Alfonso Carusone and Antonio Corleone which was Bartolomeo’s great grandfather and Alberto’s grandfather the two families had been going at each other’s throat. The funny fact of the story was that the whole fight had started over a goat. It was the Carusone families prized goat and Antonio had stolen it from his best friend Alfonso so where he could trade the goat for the town’s beauty Alanna’s hand in marriage.

Bartolomeo smiled as he heard the young baby’s name Lucinda “Lucinda is a beautiful name darling and there is nothing more in this world that I would love to do than to take care of you and this beautiful young baby as my family but as you know according to our traditions” Bartolomeo said as tears stained his eyes as he took Sophie’s hand in his own “I cannot do that because I know that I won’t ever have your father’s blessing. Darling no matter how much I love you I am a Carusone and you are a Corleone” he said sadly as he lightly kissed her hand “But if I can get your father’s blessing I would love to take you as my girlfriend and if you’d allow me. I’d take Lucinda as my daughter she is so beautiful and not to mention I love her mother more than anything on the face of this planet.”

Sophie smiled at him, eager for his answer. Even Alberto looked at him and when he spoke, his heart fell into his stomach. Especially when he saw how slowly, that beautiful smile from his daughter’s face slipped away and her saw the tears in her eyes become ever present than they were before. She looked down and sniffled, holding her little Lucy in her hands and she nodded her head slowly, some tears falling down her cheeks. Quite a bit of them actually. She loved this man, already. It had only been about three months but in that time, they had gone through so much with each other and he had been there every step of the way since he woke up. If she could walk away right now, she would.

Alberto looked at the boy and then at his daughter. It pained him to see her so unhappy on such a happy day. But what pained him even more was he was the reason that she would be so unhappy because of this silly family feud. He thought back to it all, thought back to the origins of this feud and he cleared his throat. “Don Carusone.” He began, using the boy’s title, something he’d never done before. “May I have a word downstairs with you?” He asked. Sophie didn’t even bother looking up. She just figured it was time that her father was to execute this man. And what could she do?

“Civilly? Privately?” He requested as he stood up and to prove this, he took out every gun he had on him and put them on a near by table to show that he was unarmed. He had on him just two guns and now, they were on a table.

Bartolomeo felt his heart break as he saw Sophie’s face slowly he brought his hand to her face and gently wiped her tears “Please, please don’t cry darling everything will be fine I promise you that” he said in a sweet and caring voice. Yes he had fallen in love with her over the last three months but due to family tradition and Italian heritage without the blessing from her father he could do no more with the relationship no matter how badly he wanted.

Bartolomeo looked at Alberto as he addressed him it hearing Alberto call him Don Carusone completely shocked him because up till this point Alberto only saw himself as a Don. He was completely shocked when he heard it but what shocked him even more was when he saw Alberto put his guns on a table and he said “Of course I will accompany you downstairs sir” he said standing up slowly kissing Sophie on the forehead as well as the baby girl before walking downstairs with Alberto and said “How may I help you Don Corleone” he asked in a respectful tone.

Sophie watched her father and the man she loved walk out of the room. She sighed softly and Santini came to sit beside her. She wiped her tears away and then she leaned into her as the chubbier woman put her arms around her, comforting her. It was supposed to be such a happy day. And it was. But she just wanted it all and she wanted him. These past three months, she got so used to him being around. Now the idea of him not being there, it saddened her greatly.

Alberto walked downstairs with him and he put his hand on his shoulder, clapping it there softly. “Do you love my daughter?” He asked softly and seriously, taking his hand back and clasping them together behind his back. “I vowed to myself that I would never allow myself to see her so unhappy. The day I learned of what her ex-husband did to her, had been doing to her, it broke my heart. Especially because of the fact that I did not see it myself. I swore then on that I would do everything in my power that I am still capable of to make sure she has everything she ever wanted, is always happy and is always smiling her beautiful smile.” He said softly.

“If you love her, and if she loves you and you swear not to hurt her or my granddaughter, I just might…” he looked down, as if he was having a hard time saying this but for Sophie’s sake, he would. “I just might be willing to call an official truce between our families and extend my sincerest apologies. For everything.”

Bartolomeo tensed when he felt Alberto Corleone’s hand clasp his shoulder he thought there was going to a punch thrown at him. He was expecting it and then….Nothing happened all of a sudden Alberto began asking him all kinds of questions about the relationship between Sophie and himself “Sir I love your daughter more than the moon loves the sun. More than the fish love the water. I am madly in love with your daughter and little Lucy.. She has become like my own child. I have talked to her, sang to her in Italian and even read full stories to her to calm her down while Sophie was carrying her. I would never ever think about hurting them Alberto. I love both of them more than anything in this world and I already think of them as my family” he said smiling as looked at Don Corleone and said “If you are willing to sign a treaty of peace then I as well will be willing to do anything to keep your daughter and that beautiful baby in my life. And…And with your permission sir I would like to have your blessing to take your daughter’s hand in marriage” Bartolomeo said honestly as he looked in Alberto’s eyes so where the man would know he was being absolutely serious.

Alberto seemed to have tensed immensely as he listened to Don Carusone’s words but what calmed him down was noting the deep sincerity in them and he knew that he meant it. He loved his daughter and he had no doubt in his mind that this man would be a perfect match for her. That surely she learned from her experience with her ex-husband and this man had showed no reason to give her doubts about what could transpire between them, what has already begun with them, that is. Slowly, he nodded his head and he held his hand out to him, for a formal handshake. “I’ll have the papers drawn to sign an official treaty, ending the warn between both families.” He explained. “And yes, you may marry her.” When Bartolomeo would take his hand to shake, Alberto pulled him forward and grasped him around the back of his neck with his other hand. They were Italian after all.

“But, if I find out anything from my darling girl about you, anything that means you have hurt her or my granddaughter, I will personally see to it your end.” But that wasn’t coming from Don Corleone. That was coming from Alberto Corleone, Sophie Corleone’s rather protective father.

“Sir I appreciate both of your blessings it means a lot to me that you are willing to put our differences aside and I can assure you as a well-respected Italian man that I would never hurt Sophie or little Lucinda purposely and if it were to ever happen you would not have to come hunting for me because I would crawl to you on my hands and knees and allow you to blow my brains on the floor because I would have nothing to live for now that I have had the love of your daughter for these last three months” he then smiled as he leaned forward and respectfully kissed each cheek of Alberto Corleone since it was a way for two Italian’s to show that they had the upmost respect for each other and then he pulled Alberto in for a tight hug as he said “Thank you again for your blessing if you don’t mind I have some personal business attend to” with that Bartolomeo let go of Alberto and ran up the stairs as fast as he could having to duck and weave which he did gracefully through all of the employees of the house and ran directly to Sophie’s bedroom and saw that Lucinda was being clothed and put to sleep by Santini and he ran over to where Sophie laid. He pulled her up to him and kissed her like he had never kissed her before “Your father and I was talking downstairs and he gave me his blessing to be with you which means we can be together for real now darling. We don’t have to worry about hiding our relationship from people and with your permission of course on Lucinda’s birth certificate right under where it says father I’d like to write Bartolomeo Angelo Paolo Carusone. And also I’d like for under mother for it to say. Sophie Carusone” he said getting on his knees in front of Sophie “Because I would love since I have your father’s blessing to make you my wife” Bartolomeo said smiling up at Sophie hoping she’d agree because he really wanted them all to be a family. There was nothing on the face of this planet that could make him happier than being able to take care of Lucinda as his own daughter and to take care of Sophie as her husband.

Back
Top Bottom