Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Arrivederci Amico. A son's final goodbye (Malicious Lullaby&Bigbadvoodoodaddy.)

bigbadvoodoodaddy

Supernova
~~Six Months Earlier~~

Bartolomeo Carusone sat at his desk doing work he was supposed to have went to his favorite opera Dafne which was the oldest opera known to the world with his father Ranolfo at the Boston Opera House in Boston Massachusetts but had been called by one of the made men because of a problem in paperwork.

Sylvester Caruso ran into the Carusone house past every one of the guards directly to Bartolomeo’s office. “Mr. Carusone” he said with a bow he was out of breath he had just ran two miles to the Carusone house to tell Bartolomeo of the horrible news “I just got word from the guard’s protecting your father he’s been assassinated by Don Alberto Corleone’s men” he said out of breath.

Bartolomeo looked at one of his most trusted men running in but as he heard his father had been assassinated he put out his large cigar that was already almost finished and grabbed his black and white pinstripe suit before grabbing his black fedora and put it on. And immediately ran to his bedroom he grabbed a pistol and put the lock on before slipping it between his belt and his pants before finally grabbing out a Thompson Machine gun (Also known as a Tommy Gun) and he walked out to the nineteen twenty eight Cadillac with suicide door’s and he got in the back with Sylvester who himself was loaded down with both guns and ammunition.

Alexandras Carlotta got in the driver seat and started the two mile drive to the Boston Opera House where Don Carusone lay dying.

“I’ll kill those stupid Corleone fuck’s myself if I ever find them” Bartolomeo said trying his best not to cry because he had been raised from a young age that men like him weren’t supposed to cry. Slowly he raised his hand to his pocket pulling out a very large cigar was sitting and he pulled it out of his chest pocket along with a solid gold lighter and he lit his large cigar placing it in his mouth and lighting it and then he spoke to Sylvester with the cigar never leaving his mouth “I’ll fucking kill them” he said steaming.

After a little while the car made it to the Boston Opera House and Alexandras said “Don Bartolomeo we’re here” he said parking the car and then all of a sudden twelve more car’s showed up all of them apart of the Carusone family and even though as Don he was supposed to be surrounded by gang member’s Barolomeo walked into the opera house first followed by all of the gangster’s now under his control and he walked up the beautiful marble staircases that had a scarlet red carpet inlayed with gold stitching and he went to the V.I.P balcony where his father always sat and dropped his guns immediately going to go hold his dying father. “Father” he said as tears stained his eyes.

Ranolfo was weak and dying but wasn’t dead yet as he saw his son he reached up patting his face with the palm of his hand “Bartolomeo my favorite son. My time is up unfortunately and your time as Don starts now. I wanted to let you know” he started to say but coughed up blood and weakly started speaking again “I always knew you’d be the boy who’d take over for me. Please take care of your mother and your younger brother’s and live your life as a better man than I. I… I love you son” he said dying in his son’s arms.

Bartolomeo couldn’t hold it in any longer and he began crying as he held his father before being dragged out by Alexandras and Sylvester and taken home to rest up.

The next few weeks were hard because he had to give his father a huge funeral and he took over as being the man of the family.

~~Six Months later~~

Bartolomeo was now officially Don of the Carusone family and had for months plotted and planned to find out when there would be a chance to take out a large portion of the Corleone family. Finally he had received word that at least a hundred of Corleone’s would be at Teedy’s Pub downtown so they could get the keg’s of bootlegged alcohol from one of Don Corleone’s many distilleries.

Slowly everyone got drove to where the meeting would take place and once the trucks were. After all of the trucks were filled Bartolomeo’s men took the trucks right out from underneath the Corleone family and after all the trucks were gone Bartolomeo and the remainder of his men pulled out their Tommy gun’s and started taking out the Corleone men until there were only twenty left.

“Get out of here backup will be here soon I’ll hold them off while you get out of here” Bartolomeo said continuing to shoot down the men until his group were gone and then he tried escaping himself but took ten different shots to the back and stomach. Slowly life faded from his body until he was only seeing blur’s.. Before he passed out from lack of blood he saw what looked to be like a young woman standing over him helping him into a car.

Six Months Earlier
A scream sounded through the house, shatters and followed by the soft sobs. Her body landed on the bed and her hand came up to touch her cheek. It was stinging from his assault and tears poured down her cheeks out of her icy hues. She sniffled and looked at him. "I hate you!" She screamed.

He was walking out of the room, suspenders down, he wearing his wife beater and khakis. His hair was greased but clearly tousled from their rough and tumble and he was just about to leave too. Turning, his green eyes bore into her and flames ignited, blinding him with rage and fury. "Insolent bitch." He grumbled, grabbing his belt.

Realizing what she had just done, she got off the bed to try and make a run for it, hurrying into their bathroom. He attacked as he ran after her, grabbing and pushing her down onto the ground. She hit head on the tile floor which blurred her vision as well as dangerously pushed her into the stream of unconsciousness as blood trickled down the side of her temple. She didn't hear or feel a thing. But the tumble caused their wedding photo in the frame to fall off the dresser and smash. He grunted, taking what he wanted from her, even if she was unconscious.

Their wedding photo was such a happier time. Before things went to shit. Before...he showed his true colors. She loved him but how was she supposed to know that her husband had been a psychotic and abusive cold-blooded man? You can't trust a cold-blooded man. She believed in all of his lies when she was told not to. He claimed to love her and then ate her alive. Now? He was leaving her to die.

Alberto Corleone loved his daughter immensely. So when she called that day, he was more than happy to make the trip out to see her. She told him that her husband would be out and that they could have lunch in the vineyard. To his dismay, when he saw her, he didn't expect the condition to find her in. Bruised, battered and still nursing wounds from the last time she had been chased by her husband and attacked.
"Good god, Sophie?" He asked, going to her, his hands cupping her cheeks. "What happened?"
Her eyes watered and she just wrapped her arms around her father and started crying in his arms. She was nineteen only, her husband almost thirty. It was love at first sight for her and now she thought herself a complete fool. She begged her father to let her marry him and Alberto wanted to simply make her happy. Neither of them really checked in on this man. They both thought he was a good man. They were both wrong and now Sophie was paying for it.

When she had finally calmed down, they were having lunch in the vineyard. Her father ate his lunch but she barely touched her food. He scooted his chair beside her and tucked a lock of her beautiful rich, soft brown hair behind her ear. He stroked her cheek and then rolled some of the pasta around the fork and offered it to her. She had hardly eaten since the last time her husband attacked her. "You need to eat, sweetheart." He whispered. She shook her head.

"Sophie."
"I want a divorce, Daddy." She whispered.
"Done. Eat."
"I went to the doctors after the last time he attacked me." She moved her hand to her stomach and very sad icy hues looked at him. "I'm pregnant Daddy."

Six Months Later
Considering whose daughter she was, it was very easy to make her husband disappear. She didn't even cry a single tear when her father told her that he had been taken care of. She knew what that meant. Growing up, she always knew what it meant when her father said 'taken care of.' Her husband was dead and the life growing inside of her was three months away from being brought into this world.

Sophie Corleone was six months pregnant, her marriage annulled and she had moved back into her father's home. She was twenty years old now and to her pleasure, there was no record of her failed marriage anywhere. But to her displeasure, there would always be the record of her marriage in her life, in her mind, and even in her womb. She didn't hate her unborn child. She found out she was having a girl. She'd be nothing like the man who was a terrible sperm donor. All in all, she was happy. In the past six months, she had gone through therapy considering she was a survivor of an abusive relationship. Her psychiatrist often asked her if she was happy to be having a baby, this baby in particular. She no longer hesitated to answer. Sophie was happy to have this baby.

When asked if she had started dating or seeing anyone, she went cold and nervous at that question. She was afraid to date again, afraid to be near a man like that again, afraid to open up her heart. She was still healing. And her psychiatrist saw that. That’s why she didn’t push her.

That day, she went with her father to Teedy’s Pub downtown where they were having lunch. Many of the Corleone’s were there and saw her with her proud six to seven month along baby bump. She was glowing. She looked healthier, her bruises and scars gone and she was always so smiley these days, it warmed her father to see his pride and joy so happy. Unlike many other families, Alberto Corleone was never blessed with the birth of a son. No, he was blessed with the birth of a beautiful daughter. His wife died shortly after Sophie’s birth and he took that little girl home with him and made sure she had the best upbringing and was always loved. Yes, he did always want a son. But then he got Sophie. And it changed his life. He tried to keep her away from his more seedier dealings but there was only so much a man could keep from a daughter as intelligent and spunky as Sophie.

They ate lunch together. She wore a white spaghetti strapped tank top with a floral skirt that came all the way to the floor. She wore flip flops and had her signature anklets around her ankles. On top of her tank top, she wore a soft but light gray jacket with long and large sleeves. One size fits all sort of thing and her hair was in a long braid, over one shoulder and her bangs swept over her forehead. She looked like the epitome of the beautiful Italian woman. The necklace she wore around her neck was the same necklace she wore since she was a little girl. It was her mother’s necklace. It was the only thing she had of her mother’s that she cherished more than anything. It was what she’d pass down to her daughter.

The sound of gunshots firing caused all to be alarm. Alberto demanded that his daughter be taken away and he saw it personally to see what was happening. Ah, Don Carusone. He should have known that the wretched boy would have been back to avenge his father. But he had the privilege of having the boy taken out and left for dead. Sophie, who witnessed it all escaped away from the holds of the men guarding her. They all left and he was left alone. She heard cars in the distance. They must be trying to find her.

Carefully, Sophie leaned down and pulled her hair away from her to hear a heartbeat as she pressed her ear to his chest. Sitting back up, her hand moved to her stomach and she sighed deeply. Then a car appeared and she saw the two men who guarded her. They looked furious. They had no right to be. They helped her to stand and that was when she reamed them both a new one. She was pregnant, hormonal and witnessed a young man being gunned down.

“Carusone or not!” She yelled. She stepped forward and stabbed her finger into her guard’s chest. “You will help me get him in the car. Then you will take me to my summer cottage. I already told my father I intend to give birth there. You will not tell my father I have a Carusone in my possession. Consider him my new toy. As I see fit to deal with, understand?” She was the Corleone Princess. She definitely lived up to that title. They backed down and nodded to her, apologizing for their insolence before helping the young Don into the car. She got in the back seat and moved his head on her lap stroking his hair away from his face. This is what she got for being a gentle soul. Pregnant and a dying man on her hands.

Once at the cottage, her family doctor tended to him. She didn’t say who he was but the doctor knew. Although the last thing anyone wanted was to be the bearer of bad news to Alberto Corleone. They kept her secret.
Some days went by since she brought this man to her cottage. It was a cottage about three hours away from her father’s home, on the beachside and her backyard opened to the beach. That’s where she was, wearing an all white strapless dress with a black lace overlay over it. She was barefoot and her hair was untied. She sat down on a blanket as she looked out at the water, her hands on the major swell of her belly. Her daughter was kicking. And Sophie was smiling. If anything, she was a more peaceful woman.

But with a heart guarded away behind fire and brimstone with a fleet of armed militia soldiers, protecting it so no one could come near. Because the way she saw it, she didn’t need anyone. In about three months time, she’d have her beloved baby girl.

An entire week passed and Bartolomeo hadn’t even moved he was in a mild coma which had body had sent itself into so where he could heal completely. Finally after the week was over Bartolomeo’s eyes opened and he sat up groaning as he felt the pain shoot though his chest and abdomen from where he had been shot multiple times. As he looked around the room he noticed that he was somewhere that wasn’t familiar with him and he grabbed for the pistol which was still between his pants and his belt buckle and grabbed it just in case he was in hostile territory.

“Where am I? Who has taken care of me? Please someone answer me” Bartolomeo called as he stood up slowly and having to brace the wall to keep him standing up and he slowly made his way out of the bedroom and down the very nicely furnished hallway until he found a woman and he stared at her “Miss could you please direct me to the head of household or at least tell me where. Or who I am with because I don’t feel safe being around here because I am a very hated man to some people in this city” he said placing his gun back in to its original resting place.

After a second glance at the woman he noticed that she was pregnant and so he said “Is there anything I can do for you miss. A woman in your condition shouldn’t have to do these laborious tasks yourself especially when there is a male to help you at least for a few more days until I completely heal up.”

She heard him and her head turned. She stood up carefully from her chair and with her hand on her stomach, she waddled a little bit towards where her guest now stood. He looked scared, he looked like hell. But then again someone who nearly died like he did, she didn’t expect them to look good. Still though, in the past week, Sophie had tended to this man to the best of her ability while not interrupting his healing process. The doctor had been by everyday to check in on him and he had showed tremendous progress each day. He was a fighter. But then again, for someone who had a lot riding on him, being a Carusone and all, she didn’t expect anything less. His family might be mortal enemies with hers but she could at least respect the lineage.

Pushing her sunglasses up to reveal her eyes and the rest of her face, she smiled a kind smile at him, moving to his side and bringing him to sit down with her on the patio so he too could watch the waves. How serene and peaceful it all was. After he sat, she as well sat down and poured him a glass of nice ice cold lemonade and put a lemon wedge at the edge. She pushed it to him after placing it on a coaster and then sat down as well, sipping on hers. Her hand rubbed her belly and she sighed softly. “Relax Don Carusone.” She wanted him to know that she knew exactly who he was. That she saw him get shot as many times as he had been. That she knew and if anything, she hated the feud. Yes, she might have been a Daddy’s girl but there things even she wouldn’t tolerate. Things she was very thankful for that her father never pushed on her. And he wasn’t about to now, even if she harboring a Carusone in her Corleone cottage.

“My name is Sophie. This is my cottage. I found you and now you’re healing. You’re awake now, so I assume you are healing rather nicely. I ha no doubt, my doctor who did surgery on you and nursed you back to life in an induced coma had the highest confidences you would recover just nicely.” She smiled, glancing towards him. She sat across from him.

“So relax. Enjoy your lemonade.” She stood up and batted his verbal help away. “Please please, you’re a guest here. Sit. I will round Santini to start lunch.” She was kind, very kind and even if she was at that state where she was waddling, she wouldn’t accept any help unless she absolutely needed it. The way she saw it was if she could still do it, she didn’t need help. She couldn’t do her marriage anymore. Otherwise she never would have asked.

Going back inside, she called out. “Santini? Santini?” The robust chef and cook came with her cheeks as rosy red as she remembered. Sophie smiled brightly and she spoke in fluent Italian to have their lunch be made and ready to be served on the patio. Thanking her graciously, she retreated back to the patio deck and sat down. “Lunch will be ready soon. Now, what do you remember?”

“How do you know who I am miss should I be worried” Bartolomeo asked with a joking tone to his voice he was calming down around this young woman because of her being pregnant calmed him down a lot. But as she pushed a glass of what looked like freshly made lemonade to him he out of habit lifted the glass to his nose and took a big whiff he had been trained from a young age to be able to smell poisons that were commonly used to kill people. After he knew that it was safe he took a drink of his lemonade with a smile refreshing sigh “This is some good lemonade miss and sorry for smelling it being in my line of work you never know when those Corleone’s will try to off me and a pretty lady like yourself would be a perfect way to get my attention” Bartolomeo said smiling with a joking smile toward the still beautiful pregnant woman “And please miss call me Bartolomeo or for you, you can call me Bart, Sophie” he said honestly as he took his drink and took another sip of it relaxing and laying back slightly. “God the view here is absolutely wonderful.”

“Yes but you’re pregnant you need someone to weight on you hand and foot right now you have the most precious miracle in the world growing inside you waiting to see the world” Bartolomeo had always been taught how to properly be a gentleman to a young woman. As she walked in and called for a chef he stared at her before watching the woman leaving and so Bartolomeo hopped up and helped Sophie to one of her outside chairs “I insist on doing this miss it’s the least I can do for you” he said kneeling on the ground and he began massaging her feet lightly trying to relax her “Well miss I remember trying to take those Corleone’s men and also remember stealing at least a thousand dollars of old man Corleone’s distilled liquor from right underneath his greedy little nose. Then I remember seeing Don Corleone and trying to kill him since he wrongfully had my father assassinated six months ago but saw he was with some woman and decided not to kill him and shot at another guard killing him instantly and then I remember a bunch of pain being shot in the chest and abdomen ten times. The last thing I remember seeing a woman who could only be described as my savior which in all honesty was probably you now that I think about it. My next memory was when I woke up today” he said telling her honestly. “Wait miss do you have a telephone I could use?”

It stunned her that a man who took as many bullets as he did and still survived, was at her side, helping her. He didn’t need to. He shouldn’t have to. “Please, good sir, you don’t need to do that. You are the one who had survived several gun shot wounds. Please…” She sighed softly though after sinking into the comfort of her chair and when he began to massage her feet…Oh god, that felt so good. Sophie was on her feet a lot. It felt like she was on her feet more these days than before she was pregnant. And since she was more than six months, just by a week or two, she really should be off her feet less. But then he arrived and it couldn’t be avoided. And right now, she wanted to tell him to stop massaging her feet but she couldn’t. Not when it felt this good. She finally understood her cousin Lucy when she was pregnant. This was heaven. And in all this time, she only had her father but he wouldn’t do stuff like this. She really wished she had someone. A man in her life who could help her. But she was too much of a Corleone to ever ask for that kind of help. Too much of a Corleone to let anyone help. She was her father’s daughter alright, in some aspect and light.

As he told his tale, she relaxed back and closed her eyes, her hands rubbing the swell of her baby. As he talked, her baby started kicking. She wasn’t sure if it was the story or just the gentleness of his voice. It made her smile even if his story shouldn’t have made her smile. She didn’t care. She didn’t get involved and considering she was harboring her family’s mortal enemy in her summer cottage—while pregnant too—you would think she would be afraid. But she wasn’t. Besides, why would anyone dare harm her? He said it himself. She had the miracle of life growing inside of her. That meant she was untouchable. Whether a Carusone or not was with her. Then again she had no intention of letting him know that she was a Corleone. She wanted him to stay. Carusone or not, she wanted him to stay.

Truth of the matter was Sophie was lonely. Sure, in less than three months or so, she’d have her little girl with her. But she wanted him to stay. And she didn’t want him to figure out that he could leave yet. Besides, the doctor said that even after he wakes up, he needed a month to rest. That meant she had an entire month with him. She didn’t want him to go. “I’m sorry about your father.” She felt guilty over that, which made her feel even more guilty that she was technically lying to him. Pregnant women did some crazy stuff after all. But even with all the therapy and the fact she was pregnant, after all that happened to her, maybe she wasn’t so right in the mind after all. She had gone from a happy marriage, to a short-lived happy marriage to abuse and rape to pregnancy and being on her own and dealing with all of that to how she was now?

In no way shape or form was Sophie going to hurt herself. But she would latch onto company like him. Especially if he had a reason to stay with her. He still wasn’t fully healed of his wounds. Besides…he was rubbing her feet. Massaging it and making her feel so much better. She didn’t want him to go. No way. Not if he was doing this.
With a soft sigh, she looked at him, rubbing the swell of her belly. Her baby was still kicking. She reached down just as he asked about the telephone and took his hand. She placed it over where her baby was kicking and smiled at him. “Can you feel her kicking? I think she likes your voice.”

“I know I don’t have to do this miss but I insist just sit down and enjoy my services” Bartolomeo said smiling as he started massaging her feet knowing that most pregnant women loved having their feet massaged and she had saved his life so this was the least he could do for her. The way he was raised was that if someone saves your life that you are in their debt until you feel like you paid back that debt. And saving a person’s life was the biggest debt a person could be put in to. “So not to pry or anything miss but I haven’t heard, seen or even smelled so much as a man’s scent other than my own around here are you going to give birth and raising this baby by yourself” he asked curiously he was seriously interested by this woman who he had only technically known for about an hour now. “The reason I ask is no woman should ever have to be alone especially not in such a beautiful time and I am willing if you’ll let me to stay here and help take care of you until after you give birth and heal up from taking care of the baby. It’s the least I could do after you saved my life and not to mention you’ve been a great hostess since I’ve been here.”

Slowly though as he was massaging her feet he felt two small hands wrap around his arm and then felt his hand being placed on her quite large belly just as the baby inside her stomach kicked and he felt the vibrations on his hands smiling as he heard the kind words that the lady was saying “Well I absolutely love children so I am glad that the baby likes me” he said stroking her stomach without a thought he began stroking her stomach lightly “But miss I’m sorry for asking again I was curious as to whether or not you have a phone or not because I really need to call my mother and tell her that I am fine and to have my buddy Sylvester” he started but thought of what he was going to say. Since he didn’t know that she would understand he said “Take care of the family business until I get home.”

Her gaze fell back down on him and her cheeks turned a little bit red out of her own embarrassment. He finally called her out on it and this she could not lie about. She took in a deep breath and shook her head. “There is no father.” She said softly. She knew that wasn’t true. There was a father but he was a bastard rotting in hell. All thanks to her father. But since then, she hadn’t so much as asked her father for much. She didn’t want to. Sophie was a big girl. She could handle herself. Or…so she thought.
“I have my father. But there’s only so much a woman of my age can ask her dearest dad.” She said softly. “I can handle my own.” So she thought but she wasn’t about to admit to him all this.

But then he offered. He offered to stay here with her to see out the rest of her pregnancy. She swallowed hard and her eyes watered up. She was finishing up her second trimester, entering into the final bit of it and her emotions as well as hormones were all over the place. She looked away and sniffled, nodding. No one had ever offered and her faith in men was a bit shaky after her husband. Sure, she always hoped for a man to just come and take care of her, see her struggling despite how peaceful she seemed to be but no one did. And then he came along and it was real.
But Sophie reminded herself it was only for one reason: she saved his life. And that kept her emotionally distant to the point that whatever tears that wanted to fall, she blinked back. She swallowed down the lump in her throat before smiling to him. “I’d appreciate that.” She said softly. “There’s a phone inside.” She told him finally.

Slowly, she got to her feet and walked away, going back inside. She wiped her eyes in that time as she grabbed the phone from its cradle and brought it out to him. “Here you go.” She bit her lower lip and then sighed softly. “I’ll go see how Santini is doing with lunch.” Her smile was a bit forced as she waddled back inside and hung around Santini. She was leaning against the counter, munching on some vegetables she had laid out. Sophie only the best of the best for her pregnancy and for her daughter.

Bartolomeo walked inside and dialed the number to his office desk.

Sylvester hadn't heard a word from Bartolomeo hell he hadn't even been home which scared him. He was taking over until they could find someone related to Bartolomeo to become the Don of the Mafia as he heard the phone ringing he answered it "The Carusone boys how may I help you?"

"Sylvester this is Bartolomeo" he started but heard screaming from the other side of the phone.

"BARTOLOMEO. Bartolomeo where the hell are you at man? Are you safe? Do you need one of the boy's to come and get you" Sylvester asked curiously.

"No, no I am fine a nice young woman saved me and is taking good care of me and I have decided to pay my debt’s by helping her through the rest of her pregnancy by staying here and helping her out but I should be back in five months to at the most” he said smiling “But Sylvester I need to go help this woman right now it was a pleasure to talk to you and I shall call you almost everyday” he then hung the phone up and walked downstairs slowly wincing at each step since his chest and stomach area really did hurt badly “Ah, Sophie don’t you think you should get off your feet you’ve got me here now you don’t ever have to worry about anything I’m going to take really good care of you for the next five months” he said lightly grabbing the young woman up in his arms easily picking her up even in both of their current situations and took her to the table sitting her down. He found a wooden box that the milk came in and he brought it sitting it on the floor in front of Sophie he then went and found a pillow and came back into the kitchen placing the pillow on the box. “Now you put your feet up and don’t worry about a thing miss.”

Sophie glanced back to him when he came back and she smiled. “Bart, please, I am not an invalid. I can—“ She started before he swooped her up in his arms. She was stunned. He was recovering from bullet wounds and he was acting like she was the one who had been shot, while pregnant! “Bartolomeo! Put me down! You’ll open your wounds! And Dr. Antonelli will not appreciate that you opened them again after he spent so long to keep them closed and not bleeding!” She would know, she was there. Even while he was recuperating, she stayed by his side, making sure to help with his dressing when Antonelli wasn’t there, keep him clean and well shaved—needless to mention the time she did knick him once, the first time but hadn’t done so since!—and just looking after him, even maybe admiring him. A handsome man. It never one ceased to cross her mind that he was a Carusone. Not just any Carusone. Don Carusone. But still…she was pregnant, pretty far along, lonely and there was a man right there.

Her mind snapped back to the present as she found herself in a chair, her feet up and he once more rubbing them. Well if he did that, she surely couldn’t try to fight him on this. No way. Not when he had the magical hands of a saint and was relieving the ache in the ball of her feet as well as the souls of them just with his fingers and thumbs? She sighed softly and closed her eyes. “If you keep doing that Signor then it will be impossible for me to tell you no. You must stop, you need to rest. You have wounds that need to heal still…” She sighed softly, her voice and tone clearly showing she wasn’t really trying or fighting for him to stop. It was too good. And she felt more relaxed than she had since before she got married. Sinking back in the comforts of her chair, her head lolled to her shoulder and within minutes, she fell asleep.

Bartolomeo ignored as she started begging for him to let her down trying to tell him that if he didn’t stop then he would rip the stitches in his gun wounds and he smiled to himself knowing that he had been through a lot worse than that and had lived it through it. “Listen Sophie I am telling you know while I am here you aren’t going to need to worry about anything because I’m going to take care of it all. Massaging your feet getting you things you need, mowing the lawn, protecting you. Everything a good husband would do for his wife but you don’t have to worry about the romantic part of the deal which should be great for you because that’s one less thing you have to worry about” he said looking up into her eyes realizing that even though he had only technically known her a week that he was falling in love with this young woman. The worst part is that he barely knew her and you could tell that because he was kneeling on the ground massaging the feet of the one and only Corleone Princess.

As he finished massaging her feet he realized that she was asleep and so he asked the woman named Santini where Sophie’s room was. After she had told him where the room was located Bartolomeo picked her up again knowing she’d be mad at him if he were to have done this while she was awake and he carried her to her room placing her in the bed and he covered her up and tucked her in lightly as he smiled at her sleeping form for a few moments before going downstairs. “So Santini how love have you worked for Miss Sophie” he asked curiously wanting to know all he could about this young woman.

It was kind of a bit of sting. Knowing that he was gong to do all the things that a husband would do, minus the loving part, the romance part an all the intimacies. Oh well, beggars can’t be choosers and it didn’t stop her from falling asleep. Because she had fallen asleep within minutes. From his earlier foot massage to now, and the fact that since she had gotten bigger, it became increasingly difficult to sleep. Even if she cuddled up to her body pillow, it still didn’t satisfy or fill the empty void she felt, a void put in place by her ex-husband when he treated her as badly as he had done. Now though, she felt most relaxed. Sure, her pregnancy was going along swimmingly. But even she couldn’t quell the ache and emotional pain she felt. Even if she was so excited to be a mom. She was even more afraid of being a terrible mom and failing her daughter.

Sophie slept, snoring very silently softly through her nose after she was tucked in.
Santini, the plump and robust chef with chubby cheeks and a rosy tint to them and such a carefree and loving smile—it was clear she was more than just a chef to Sophie, she had also been her nanny when she was growing up—was in the kitchen, putting the final touches on the pasta lunch that she would now put some away for Miss Sophie for when she woke up. Poor thing was exhausted. Between taking care of herself and nursing her growing daughter in her womb, on top of taking care for the Carusone boy, she really was overworking herself. Bart was right in his own to make her get off of her feet because Sophie had been ordered by the her doctor to do that as well but she didn’t heed the advice.

Looking to the young boy, she smiled. “Since she was born.” She said softly. “I was her nanny.” She spoke in a lovely Italian accent. Not too heavy but it was clear that she was still working on her English. Sophie usually spoke to her in Italian. After all, it was Santini who taught her. “Even when she was married to Signor, the bad Signor, I was there for her. I tried to be.” She frowned, sometimes blaming herself for the abuse that Sophie had gone through because she wasn’t aware of it, or didn’t even notice. They both had hid it so well from her. It was only after Sophie went to her father to ask for a divorce, did Santini know. And then it all made sense.

She plated a large bowl of pasta and bread for him and pushed it to him. “Eat. You are too thin.” She smiled though, that warm and loving smile. Unconditional love. This woman was the queen of it.

“Well Santini I am going to thank you for raising her the way you did. She’s become a very kind hearted and beautiful young woman both physically and emotionally and thank you I haven’t really eaten solid food in at least a week” Bartolomeo smiled as the slightly aging beautiful Italian woman brought him a plate of pasta with homemade garlic bread resting in it slightly and he took a bite and smiled “Oh mio Dio(Oh my God)”Bartolomeo exclaimed happily in full Italian “This is some of the best pasta I have ever had in my life” he said wanting Santini to know she had done a wonderful job cooking the pasta and the bread both. Slowly he began eating it until finally it was all gone and then like a gentleman he wiped his face and hands off turning to Santini to “Thank you very much for the hospitality Santini but if it wouldn’t be too much to ask I would like to tell you a secret you mustn’t tell anyone though. I..I am falling for Sophie in a romantic way and if you wouldn’t mind I would love to know more about her. Who her husband was, where he is, who her family, if you know what does she look or in a man, what are her likes, dislikes anything you can tell me about her I’d really appreciate it” Bartolomeo said already warming up to both Sophie and Santini which was something that he almost never did because his job gave him a lot of enemies who would gladly kill him off. One of them, actually the biggest enemy he had just so happened to be the father of the woman laying upstairs but he didn’t know that.

Slowly he grabbed his plate and took it to the sink and began washing all of the dishes in the sink so where he could help Santini out a little bit she had worked so hard since he had been awake and he knew she’d have to be tired and so he wanted to help lighten up her work load a little bit.

Santini smiled at him and she nodded. “I appreciate that Signor. Thank you.” She said softly and watched as he ate. He was with such gusto, she had no doubt that he was a natural born and bred Italian man. When he finished, Santini was in the middle of cleaning up and looked to him as he started talking about Sophie. She smiled an adoring smile when he confessed to having feelings of love towards her and she shook her head. She wanted to speak out, saying he didn’t even know her but who was she to complain? Any man could fall easily for Sophie. With what she’s been through and having pulled through it and still able to smile and offer love, warmth and kindness, even to a Carusone? She was a strong girl. Santini was proud. Like a big momma proud of her youngin’.

“Well…” She began, not even going to try to ward him off helping her. She knew it’d be of no use and if he wanted to make himself of some use, well then she’d be glad for the help. She was used to not being able to talk some sense into healing ones or pregnant ones. Even if she was six months pregnant, Sophie still tried to help around.
Wiping her hands on her apron, she moved to the fridge and pulled out her famous Tiramisu and took out two plates. She cut him a big slice before doing the same for herself and pushed it to him. “Let me tell you about my Sophie.” She even spoke like a proud mother. “Her mother died after she born, right after childbirth, only getting to hold the little one before she succumbed to her sickness. That was when her father, Don Corleone,” she said, accidentally slipping and not even realizing it. “hired me to care for Sophie when he could not be there. He was always a very busy man but managed well and never let Sophie feel she was not loved. He adores her.” She said softly, taking a bite of her dessert and once more proud of her skills to make a killer tiramisu. “When she was eighteen, she met and married Alberto Caruso. She was infatuated with him, so in love. He seemed promising. Until not even six months into their marriage, he started to beat her, abuse her, rape her even.” She said softly. “I did not know until after she asked her father for a divorce.” She said softly. “Around that time, she found out she was pregnant as well.”

“And well, being Don Corleone, he took care of the bastard in the only way he knew. When someone messes with the precious daughter or precious child of any Corleone, the only suitable punishment…” She paused and then ran her finger over her neck, in a slit-throat motion so Bart could know just what happened to Alberto. He was killed. But he deserved it because he nearly killed Sophie. “Anyways, now she’s here. She lives with her father but often comes here. This is her house, in her name. She spent most of her pregnancy in her father’s home, also going to therapy to help her after her marriage. It was a devastation for her because she did love the bastard.” She shook her head. “But she insisted upon coming here for the rest of her term, to give birth even.” She said softly.

“She has a lot to give. She likes just about anything. What she doesn’t like are cheaters, liars and men who say they are one thing but end up being another.” She said softly. “And I think if she’s able to look passed the fact you’re a Carusone, I’m sure you can look passed the fact she’s a Corleone.” She realized now she let it slip. But now she wasn’t afraid. Because if he couldn’t love Sophie even if she was a Corleone, then he didn’t deserve her.

(Is it bad that I love this roleplay so much I am using an online translater to mke it more authentic? XD)

Bartolomeo's eyes grew wide with anger at the mention of Don Corleone name he cussed out in Italian "Don Corleone cazzo suina infide (Don Corleone fucking treacherous swine)" slowly he made a fake spiting sound as he said the man's name "I am fine with her being a Corleone since she is sweet and caring and I can still see mysel being with her but Don Corleone. Oh I have a bone to pick with that fottuto stronzo (Fucking asshole) he killed my father like a coward. He waited until my father was watching the Opera in a neutral part of town where we Carusone's try not to cause any problems with the Corleone's and he had his men shoot my father in the head six months ago and I held my father as he died. That's what caused the attack the other day and why I am in my current situation" he exlpained to Santini as he saw the Tiramisu which he happily began to eat as he continued listening to her story about all the things that had happened to Sophie in the last few months "Well that Alberto fella had it coming to him Sophie seems like such a wonderul girl, very kind and peaceful even though her father is a monster she deserves respect and to be taken well care of that is why I am staying here to help take care of her even after her baby is born. It is such a pity that she does not have a man who is willing to treat her like a queen and do everything for her. I swear if our two families were not such enemies I'd marry her myself one day and even raise the child as my own if she'd allow me too but because we are such enemies I would never get her father's blessing and as you know according to Italian tradition which I hold near and dear to my heart if the father says no it doesn't happen" he said finishing up the Tiramasu.

[lol of course not! xD I love genuine work ^^]

Santini listened to him and her head tilted. She should have expected a string of profanities to come from this boy’s mouth. She simply laughed softly. Perhaps it was just the fact they were women but she and Sophie never could understand the fight. It was just pride and ego in the way of peace and happiness. And the more he spoke, the more she started to see that this pride and ego between the two families would cause two people who could very well find happiness, to stay apart. So with a heavy sigh, she reached over and put her hand on his, in a motherly way of course. “Then my boy, I hope you can understand where I am coming from when I say this. Sophie is my daughter.” Not even like her daughter. She helped raise her. “And if you’re falling for her but realize it can never be because of her father, then you best hope she doesn’t fall for you too.”

Bartolomeo smiled as he realized all of the things that he had just said to this woman who in retrospect was a complete stranger but even than that was she was a stranger that worked for his mortal enemy and here he sat with her spilling his guts to her. Letting her know his feelings and everything else that would usually get a Mafia man killed but he truly and honestly didn’t have to worry about anything because he knew for sure that Don Corleone wouldn’t try killing the girl he loved since she just so happened to be his daughter. “Well it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if she fell for me miss Santini” Bartolomeo said smiling as he lightly kissed the top of her hand like a gentleman would “You see I would be the one who won because I would be getting a beautiful, kind hearted woman and a pure innocent child to take care of and I promise you now that if Sophie and I got together I would take care really good care of her and I would never let any harm come to your beautiful Sophie” he said honestly as he smile a true smile to Santini “But if you don’t mind I want to go check on her and make sure she’s alright” with that Bartolomeo stood up and walked towards the stairs walking up them. As he got to the top of the stairs he went to Sophie’s bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed slightly.

Santini smiled. “This is true, it wouldn’t be. But what good would it be if you can’t give her all she deserves. All because you men can’t seem to come to a terms of peace with each other. See, the women in both families I’m sure only go along with this because of the men but they too think it’s absolute bullshit.” She told him. “Sophie is one of them. She loves her father too much to ever speak out against him. So instead, she’ll take his mortal enemy, nurse him back to life and maybe fall for him.” She was smiling now and took his empty plate back. “Go on then my boy. But if you hurt her, the Great Santini will come for you.” Before the Corleone’s got to him. Though she had a feeling that Bartolomeo already knew that. Watching him go, she returned to her work in the kitchen, wrapping up before she took some time to herself.

Sophie was sleeping well. She lay on her back, her hands on her belly over the blanket and she looked so peaceful. Like nothing could hurt her, like nothing would get her. The shift of the bed at the foot, the shift in weight had her stir a little bit. Her head turned to the side, and her bangs covered her face and then she turned her head again her eyes starting to flutter open slowly. She yawned softly and stretched, a small cute little noise coming from her satisfaction in the stretch and then she looked before her, finding Bartolomeo there. “Hi.” Slowly, she sat herself up, resting back against the mountain of pillows and her hands resting on her belly once more. “I hope you ate. I apologize for falling asleep. The downside of you telling me to be so relaxed.” She laughed a little bit.

Bartolomeo smiled as he walked in and saw how she was sleeping she looked absolutely beautiful even in her current state she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. Then he watched with interest on how she woke up and was immediately sweet to him even though she knew that her father and him were worst enemies. “Oh, don’t worry about a thing Sophie the food was wonderful. It has been a while since I have had a home-cooked meal especially an Italian home-cooked meal. I’m always worrying about being shot and looking over my shoulder for Don Corleone and his men to kill me but you’d know all about that wouldn’t you Miss Corleone. Your employee Santini told me everything but don’t worry I’m not going to do anything I like you way too much to ever even think about doing anything to you because you’ve been so wonderful to me” Bartolomeo said smiling as he placed his hand on her waist and rubbed her stomach. “So how about I help you downstairs and we get some food in you for that beautiful baby” he asked wanting to help her as much as possible “And don’t worry about a thing I’m glad you got some sleep a woman pregnant or not deserves to have beauty sleep although you might not want to get any more if you do I don’t think the world would be able to handle your beauty."

It was as if all the color from her face drained momentarily. She could lash out at Santini for giving it away. She could but the fact he even said that he wouldn’t hurt her or her baby as some deluded means to get back at her father for murdering his father, and the fact he even seemed that he wouldn’t do such a thing, she relaxed quite a bit. As she sank back against the pillows, she sighed deeply and nodded her head slowly. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I just…I didn’t think that it mattered. I’ve always thought the rivalry between our families was stupid and childish.” She said softly. Thankfully, he also understood what she did for him and that made her feel a lot better. Her greatest fear had been if he knew. He might do what Alberto did to her. Only worse.
Taking in a deep breath, Sophie exhaled slowly and smiled, nodding. “Yeah, I am hungry. So is this little one.” She placed her hand over his on her belly, not even thinking. But she liked her hand on his. She liked his hand on her belly. It was…sweet, intimate even. Sophie knew then and right there that she could seriously fall for this man. That couldn’t be good at all. They would have no future together. He was a Carusone and she was a Corleone. No way could they ever be together without stirring up unwanted family drama among both their families.

“You can help me downstairs, but don’t carry me. I can walk Bartolomeo. Besides, if you carry me again, it’ll only be a damper on your wounds.” She said it sincerely too. He almost didn’t make it. That’s what the doctor told her. But he pulled through and now if he were to damage all the healing, she wasn’t sure if she’d pull through, knowing anything more happened to him. She already felt a great deal for him. But she didn’t want to. It’d be worse than when she became infatuated with Alberto. She knew Bartolomeo would never hurt her. But she knew their families would never agree to this. They would be like Romeo and Juliet and while she loved that story, she didn’t quite fancy her end to be like that one.

Pushing the covers off of her and taking her hand off of him, Sophie stood from the bed and straightened her long dress, adjusting it over her chest too. Flattening the material over the swell of her belly, she put her hands on her back and smiled to him. “Well, are you coming or not?” She waddled passed him and put her hand on the staircase railing before taking one step at a time to walk down.

Bartolomeo watched as all the color drained from his face and there for a second he thought that she was going to lash at him. Yes she knew who he was she had made that clear the moment he met her whenever he woke up just a few hours ago but she knew he didn’t who she was until now. Though he was ecstatic whenever he saw the color once more return to her face after he let her know he wasn’t going to hurt her or her child.

“Well from what I’ve heard women are quite hungry almost all day long” Bartolomeo said as he placed his arm around Sophie’s waist and he made her wrap her arm around his neck happily as he helped her down the stairs slowly until they finally got to the kitchen and he slowly helped her into the seat from earlier and once again kneeled down placing her feet on the makeshift foot stool “Let me get you some food” he said as he went to the cupboard and pulled out a nice plate and dished out a quite large dish of the pasta that Santini had made before putting a couple of pieces of bread on the plate as well. Slowly he brought it to the table and placed it in front of her. As he looked at the plate he cursed silently under his breath “Sorry I forgot utensils for you to eat with excuse me for a moment” he said walking over to the counter and pulled a sliding cabinet drawer out and grabbed out a fork and took it back to Sophie “Alright now enjoy” he said placing the fork in the food before sitting across from her at the table. “So how far along are you? Do you know what you’re having and would you mind if I took you out on a date” he said trying to create small talk but he also wanted to slip in an offer for them to go on a date hoping she’d take him up on his offer even if she didn’t want to leave the house he could cook them a dinner and they could have a ‘Date’ at her house.

"Thank you." She said softly when he helped her down the stairs. Once in a chair, she sat back, letting her feet be propped up on the padded stool and she smiled at him. When he came back with food, her eyes widened at the amount. It was so much but she'd be able to gobble it all up. She was eating for two after all. For herself and for her daughter. Once she had a fork, she smiled and nodded. "Thank you so much Bartolomeo. I appreciate it." She dug in. Even if she was hungry, she ate like a lady. And it was still satisfying. Oh so satisfying. She piled some pasta atop a slice of her garlic bread and ate it like a crostini. As he started to speak, she took in his questions, the last one hardly registering. Her mind was a big hazy with her need of food.
"A little over six months. I think six months and about two weeks." She nodded. "I'm having a girl." She smiled so proudly, it being obvious that she was incredibly excited to have a baby girl, as that's what she was hoping for. Either way, she would have been happy. But she really wanted a girl. And now she was going to have one.
"And sure I--" She started and then her eyes widened. Wait a minute. Did he just ask her out?

"A date?" She squeaked. "Y-You want to take me on a date?"

“You’re very welcome Bella Donna(Beautiful woman)” Bartolomeo had learned both English and Italian at a very young age and had a tendency to combine both of them while talking. Especially while talking to beautiful women since Italian was the language of love and almost anything you said in Italian sounded romantic and so far even after twenty six years of living he had never found a woman as beautiful as the woman who sat across from him eating pasta and garlic bread. Hell even the way she was eating seemed sexy to him. Which made him even happier that she had saved him that day he had gotten a lot great things he never thought he would have in life but because of her, his dreams were coming true like he now had a friend who he could spill his deepest most secrets and desires to without having to worry about being criticized and he had a woman who he was slowly falling for in a very romantic way. “Absolutely darling why wouldn’t I want to take you out on a date. You’re absolutely beautiful and your beauty glows off of you. You could melt the eyes and hearts of even the coldest of killer’s like myself. For the first time in my life I feel like I’m someone that means something more to this world than just a warrior who fight’s for no cause” slowly he made his way to his feet and walked over to Sophie as he placed his hand on her cheek “Please excuse me for this and I am pre-apologizing for my actions” Bartolomeo slightly leaned down and he kissed her lovingly as his hand rubbed her stomach lightly.

A soft blush colored her cheeks as he called her that. She looked down and smiled, unable to hide it and instead of saying anything, she just ate. It was safer anyways otherwise she just might make a fool of herself and that was the last thing she wanted to do. Aside from being brought up as an impeccable young lady, he was a man sitting before her while she ate with a swollen belly. Sophie was doing all she could even more to make sure she didn’t eat like a pregnant woman but like a woman who chewed as if she had a secret to tell. It’s what she learned in her debutant classes before her big debut.

And being around him, a man she was actually attracted to—not just because she saved him but it’s been six months and she was in that part of her pregnancy, well she had been in that part of her pregnancy, where every man she saw, she imagined the most intimate and naughtiest things possible—Sophie was trying to be even more of a lady so not to embarrass herself. She wanted him to see her at her best, no matter how pregnant she was.
Oh lord, he had to be a charmer. If he kept saying things like that, she’d be begging him to skip through the date and go straight to the part where he made mad, intense and passionate love to her. Putting her fork down, she swallowed what was in her mouth and opened her mouth to speak, something in some kind of protest but nothing came out.

And then the most magical moment happened that she hadn’t even felt with Alberto. Bartolomeo kissed her and she felt her insides melt. Along with the kiss, his hand on the swell of her belly made her lean up and her hands cupped around his cheeks before moving into his hair. Sophie kissed him back quite deeply, her eyes fluttering closed. What made her pull back was when her daughter suddenly kicked. Her lips parted and she hissed softly. “Talk about a field day.” She whispered against his lips, softly and a little breathlessly after such a kiss. “I think that just made her kick a storm.” She smiled softly, her hand coming around his cheek, stroking it softly.
“Okay, you can take me on a date.” She smiled. “But…can we stay in? I don’t fancy waddling out in public these days.” Not that she was ashamed but there was a certain comfort in knowing that she could just go to her room to lie down when she got really tired and wanted to be off of her feet.

“Well I’m glad to know that your daughter likes me you know I’ve heard that the quickest way to a mother’s heart is to have the child’s approval” Bartolomeo said smiling as she broke the kiss it was just as magical as he had thought it was going to be. Here he was standing in front of a woman who he was slowly falling in love with who was so pregnant that she looked like she was going to pop but she was still without a doubt the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his life.

“Of course we can have our date here I understand completely. How about later tonight I cook you some homemade Bruschetta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruschetta) for before the meal, some Minestrone soup(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minestrone), maybe some Crocchè bread (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocche), Pizza and then if you’re lucky I might whip up some homemade Gelato (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelato)” Bartolomeo said smiling “After I’m done cooking we can go outside and watch the beautiful sunset and talk while sitting on your back porch how does that sound to you darling” he asked hoping it sounded good being of Italian heritage he loved to cook and was pretty damn good at it especially since he was raised in Italy for a while before his father was transferred to Massachusetts by the Sicilian mafia to fight off the regular Italian mafia who was ran by Sophie’s father since the Sicilian’s and Italian’s absolutely hated each other.

Back
Top Bottom