Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Alley love (Rebel&Vesta)

RebelofHonor

Super-Earth
If you were to look down the street of this particular city at this particular time you'd notice that a young man of twenty named Cyrus was walking down a street towards the parking lot where he had left his car. There wasn't much to him look wise he merely looked like a worn out college student, even though he was far beyond that level. Bags under his eyes, long messy brown hair coming down to the nape of his neck, a hoodie and sweat pants, and a fair bit of stubble on his chin. Normal stuff clothes wise, but his height of 6 feet probably drew a few eyes if nothing else. The young man's parents would have thrown a hissy fit to see him dressing like such a commoner, but they were far away at the moment. This was his chance to be normal, and he intended on taking it

To put it simply Cyrus came from money. His parents were rich, and by extent so was he. Yet despite the wealth the young man couldn't say he was happy. Something was missing from his life, but he didn't know what it could be. On his way home the young man had a cigarette dangling from his mouth and carried home his dinner from the local deli where they made his preferred types of sandwiches. The young man knew he should really try to kick his smoking habit, but damn if nicotine wasn't something that was easy to get adjusted to. Taking one last drag of his death stick Cyrus flicked the thing off to his side down an alleyway, eyes following it's flight path. But something wasn't normal.

Is that a girl... what is she doing out here all alone? It's the freaking middle of winter. Could... could she be homeless possibly? I gotta check at least, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I just passed her by.

Walking over to the girl's crouching form he couldn't really get a good look at her at the moment. "Um... are you all right Ma'am? Are you all alone out here?"

The day has started out great, she had a job interview and she was almost certain it was going to go well. When she walked in through the door however, the waiting room was full of hopefuls. She ended up sitting there wait for two hours before she was interviewed and then didn't get the job anyway. Angel knew her boy friend Daryl was going to be upset. She had been searching for a job going on eight months now, and every time she would come back with no job. To make matters worse of the last six months or so Daryl had started to become more and more angry with her. Sometimes he would even go so far as to shove her onto the sofa, but that is as far as he went. She walked home anyway, she would just have to deal with this the best she could.

When she walked through the door, Daryl had a smile on his face. He was hoping for good news, the smile faded quickly when he saw the disappointment on her own face. "You stupid bitch," he barked out at her, "you just can't do anything right can you." She was only slightly shocked at the words he used, they were words he had been using a lot more lately. She held out her hands, "Daryl, I'm really sorry but you should have seen how many people were there today." Angel walked towards him, and this was her biggest mistake. When she was with in arms reach, Daryl reared back and slapped her hard across the face. The impact split her lip open, and just about knocked her to the floor. "Daryl please, I really did....." her sentence was cut short by another hard slap to the face. "Get the fuck out Angel," she back slowly to the door. As soon as she was in the hall she ran the rest of the way outside.

She got a lot of strange looks as she walked through the streets. Eventually so ashamed she ducked into an alley, her left eye had already begun to swell and turn a shade of purple. Sliding to the ground beside a dumpster, she put her head on her knees. Confused about what would have happened during their three year relationship to change him so suddenly. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't stop the tears from trailing down her cheeks.

A hours later, after the sun went down Angel remained in the alley. She had no where to go, and the only thing keeping her warm was the light coat that she wore, again she started crying. She heard the footsteps on the side walk, they stood out because not many people were walking at this time. She looked up just in time to see a man flick his cigarette but, landing about a foot away from where she sat. He had noticed her though and started walking towards her. When he asked if she was alright, she tried to lie, "y..yes...thank you," she managed between sobs.

As Cyrus approached the girl sitting in the alley, and heard her response, it was obvious that she was lying. With the way the girl was sobbing something had certainly set her off and greatly upset her. Getting close enough to actually get a good look at the young woman left Cyrus suppressing a hiss as he noticed the purple and swollen left eye that was on her otherwise quite beautiful face. Cyrus Labroue might have been many things, future heir to a fortune, fond of animals, a snarky jackass when the time came for it. Yet one thing he most certainly was not was someone that tolerated the abuse of women and children. Just because someone was larger or had more strength than you didn't give them the right to treat another human being like they were nothing more than simply property.

Debating what the proper thing to do would be in this situation, the young man sat down across from the abused girl. "I'd be more inclined to believe you, Miss, if it wasn't for that mark on your face. I'm Cyrus, would you mind telling me your name and, pardon my bluntness, why a pretty little thing like you is sitting out here in an alleyway with a black eye?" As Cyrus was asking his questions, the wind started to pick up again, blowing a freezing winter chill through the alley he and the girl were sitting in. Noting the rather thing coat she was wearing certainly wouldn't be adequate for such weather, the heir removed his jacket and passed it to her. "Here, warm up a bit."

Angel tried to hide her face from him when he got curious. He was able to see Daryl's hand work anyway. She was trying really hard to keep herself from crying anymore. Her finger tips touched the tender spot on her eye as he spoke of it. "I'm Angel, it's very nice to meet you Cyrus," she looked way from him at the compliment. At the moment she wasn't feeling very pretty, her clothes had blood on them from her lip along with dirt from the alley. Not to mention thee eye that was almost swollen shut. "I'm sitting out here because my boyfriend got angry and threw me out," she choked back a sob. "I went for a job interview today, but I didn't get it. He said some pretty horrible things when I told him"

The breeze that suddenly came through the alley was either getting colder or she had just been sitting out here for to long. Angel tried pulled her coat tight to herself, it didn't help much. Smiling though went this stranger name Cyrus removed his own jacket and handed it to her. With shaky fingers she took it, "thank you

Cyrus grew quiet as Angel explained what had happened to make the girl end up in this situation, and with the way she'd talked about her boyfriend, he was willing to bet the entire family fortune that he was the one that had given her the black eye as well... and the small amount of blood that was staining her clothes, though he couldn't see the source of that just yet. Thinking the situation over in his head, Cyrus replied to the greeting with a soft smile "The pleasure is all mine Angel."

The smile vanishing after just a few moments though, being replaced with a frown and a sigh. "I know it might not mean much, but I'm sorry that you had to go through that." Offering his own apology for the abuse she had received, even if it didn't mean much. This girl had already gone through a terrible ordeal, and Cyrus truly wanted to help her. The weather forecast had predicted storms tonight, and he'd be damned if he just upped and left Angel here after hearing her story.

Rubbing the bridge of his nose, the young man could only think of two things. "I know you just met me Angel, and really don't have any reason to trust me at all, but I'd very much like to help, so I'll give you two options." Reaching into his back pocket and pulling out a hundred dollar bill from his wallet. "Option one, take this and find somewhere safe to stay for the night, and call me in the morning so I can try to find a more permanent solution and we cant meet for breakfast. Or option two, come back to my apartment with me for tonight, I can give you a nice hot homecooked meal and a bath so you can clean up. Your choice."

She wondered why this man continued to sit on the cold ground with her. Why he would give her his jacket, he didn't know her at all but he was willing to help. "It means a lot more then you might think," she smiled a little at him. She watched many different thoughts cross his face. Sure he would be leaving soon, she started pulling the jacket off her shoulders. He then started speaking about trusting him and two options. She stopped dead listening to him, her arm half way out of the sleeve. He reached into his pocket and took out a hundred dollar bill. Angel gave him a bewildered look. She wasn't about to take the mans money, it just didn't feel right to her.

Sliding her arm back into the jacket sleeve, she pushed her frozen body to a standing position. She had been sitting in the same spot for a few hours, so it wasn't surprising that her body was stiff. Her only choice was number two since she would take the money. "If you are certain, I will take option two. I can't just take your money like that." She was a little nervous about going to a strange mans house. "I really do appreciate this, Cyrus."

A small smile decorated the face of Cyrus as Angel chose to take the second option and return to his apartment with him, while the loss of money certainly wouldn't have mattered to him or not, being able to keep an eye on the girl and make sure she would be okay was quite the relief. As she started to stand, he did the same, showing that he had quite a bit of height on the girl even when they were both at full. "It's no trouble at all Angel. Just follow me a bit down the street, my car is nearby and it's not that long of a ride till the apartment either." He explained, making sure the girl was okay to stand on her own before leading her out of the alley....
________

After a short car ride , the duo had arrived at the apartment complex that Cyrus lived at. In a rather upscale part of town, it was safer than the area they had met at. Opening Angel's door for her, and leading the girl up the steps to the second floor where his place was located. Allowing her to enter first and get a nice view of the apartment. "Would you prefer to sit down and relax for a while Angel? Or would you rather just go ahead and take a bath to warm up?"

He was right about the car ride being short, but it was long enough that the heater warmed her up a bit. She thought of Daryl, and wondered if she just gave him a few days to cool off he would be ok with her coming home. Times had just been so stressful ever since she lost her job seven months ago. Angel was positive that he hadn't actually meant to hit her, and when she came home he would apologize.

The neighborhood that Cyrus lived in was very impressive, it was a lot different then the neighborhood he found her in. Hers was known for the amount of crime that happened there, it was better then the slum neighborhood though. Just like a gentlemen Cyrus opened her door for her, an action not common now days. She didn't say much the entire time, mostly she just took in her surroundings. When he opened the door to his apartment, she whispered a little "wow". The place was immaculate, not quite what she was expecting for a single guy. She was only assuming he was single, otherwise why would he take her back to his place. She looked at her clothes, they were a little dirty, she would hate to sit on the furniture. She turned to look at him, giving him a much better look of the black eye and split lip. "I shower would be great, I don't want o ruin your nice furniture with my dirty clothes."

A soft chuckle escaped Cyrus's lips as Angel looked around the apartment, seemingly amazed at how nice it was compared to where she usually lived. Sure he might have wanted to live more of a normal life for a while, but that didn't mean it couldn't be a normal life that had a bit of comfort in it right? He'd gladly share it with the girl that needed his help, she might not be able to stay for forever, but any amount of assistance he could give her would make Cyrus himself feel better.

"Sure though, you can have a shower, come on, bathroom is this way." Walking down the hallway past a door or two he lead her into a beautiful room, if a bathroom can be described as such. Marble counter tops and a bathtub shower topped it off. "Here, I'll fiddle with the knobs, this thing is a little tricky to get juuuust right." Getting on his knees near the head of the shower Cyrus rolled up his sleeve and started messing with the temperature knobs. After about a minute he stood back up. "Well, that should do it. Anything else you need?" If there was nothing else Angel needed from him he'd go into the kitchen and start dinner, spaghetti sounded good tonight... though first he'd see if his guest had any other requests that needed to be fulfilled.

Following him down the hallway she continued to check things out. They passed a couple of closed doors that she assumed were the bedrooms, or maybe one was an office. She was wowed again when they reached the bathroom, with it marble counter tops. Peeling off the jacket he loaned her along with her own coat she hung them on a hook near the door. Her clothes were damp, it made everything seem colder. The thought of a hot shower to warm her excited her. In her excitement she didn't think to ask for something clean to wear when she got out. "Oh no, you have already been so great," she smiled at him. As soon as he left to room, she stripped down completely, piling the clothes in a corner. She stepped into the shower, the heat of the water stung against her frozen skin.

She had washed everything, and thawed out at the same time. Turning the water off she reached for one of the fluffy white towels. That is when she remember she needed something clean and dry to wear. Wrapping the towel around her and another around her hair, she stepped back into the hallway. Immediately she could smell food cooking, it made her stomach growl a little. Padding back in the direction they had come in nothing but two towels she rounded the corner. He was standing in the kitchen cooking when she cleared her throat, "uumm, in my haste to warm up I forgot to ask if you had something for me to wear."

"Agh don't worry about it, I'll just go get started on dinner then while you take your shower." Cyrus replied when Angel thanked him and said that he had already done so much. Really if just giving her a shower was so much he wondered how exactly she'd feel about staying for the night and having a free meal as well. When it was evident nothing more was needed of him, the young man left the girl to her shower and went into the nearby kitchen. Dragging everything he'd need out of the pantry, Cyrus began to cook the spaghetti, luckily it wouldn't take that long so it would almost certainly be done by the time Angel was finished with her shower. Humming a small tune to himself, he inserted a pan of garlic bread into the oven to heat as well.

As he heard the shower click off, hinting that Angel was finally done bathing, the food was just about ready. Cyrus wasn't paying attention to the entry into the kitchen, being focused on the stove top and the spaghetti. Turning around to face Angel when she spoke the young man was happy he currently didn't have anything in his mouth, else he probably would have chocked upon seeing her wearing nothing but a towel. The girl was absolutely beautiful.... if it wasn't for the black eye she had he would have dared call her perfect. How could some jackass want to strike her just because she'd failed the interview for a job? Clearing his throat, with a noticeable blush on his face Cyrus gave a nod "S-sure, I think I've got something around here that'll work." Going past the girl into his own bedroom, digging around in his drawers before returning with a shirt and a pair of pajama pants, both quite too large for the girl though at least she could tie up the pants with the cords on them. The shirt would probably hang off her shoulder however.

"Here, sorry but I don't really think I have anything that would fit better than this. After you change I'll have dinner ready for us though, anything in particular you'd like to drink? There's tea, soda, wine, anything really."

Angel hadn't felt self contious before, but seeing the blush on his face, caused her to blush as well. Her fingers gripped the towel tighter as she shifted nervously. Following his movements she turned as he walked passed. As she waited she took another look around, the food was already smelling great. She spun back around when she heard his voice, in his hands he held a t-shirt and a pair of pajama pants. Taking the clothes with one hand she answered the question, "uumm, some wine would be great." With that she scurried off back into the bathroom. Quickly dressing she laughed a little at herself in the mirror. The pants were baggy on her she had to roll up the cuffs, and the shirt was pretty big too. It hung off one shoulder, she looked as if she was a kid playing dress up with her parents clothes. She dried her hair as much as she could with the towel, then hung both of them up before walking out the door.

Walking back into the kitchen bare foot, she made very little noise. Cyrus was still there putting the last finishing touches on their dinner. "Uumm, they're a little big, but I think they will be ok for now," she laughed again.

Once Angel had left his sight, Cyrus started to cool off a bit, he wasn't exactly sure why seeing the girl like that had affected him so, and he wasn't sure if it was even okay to have that kind of reaction to someone in her state. Angel was his guest, and the girl had needed his help so was it really fair to think she was quite attractive? With these thoughts clouding his mind Cyrus shook them away as he started to pour a glass of wine for each of them. Sure he might have technically been of drinking age, and he doubted Angel was either, but after being to dinner parties with his parents for a few years the young man had been exposed to it enough that it just seemed natural at this point.

As Angel came out of the bathroom once more, this time fully clothed, Cyrus had set out plates with spaghetti and garlic bread, with a glass of wine setting beside each dish. It looked more like the scenario for a date rather than dinner between rescuer and rescuee. Ever the gentleman, Cyrus pulled out Angel's chair for her before seating himself at the dinner table. "Sorry, I've never really had a reason to keep women's clothes around the apartment, just had to find the smallest thing I owned." He replied with a small laugh of his own before continuing. "Go ahead and eat as much as you'd like, there's enough for seconds if you want some."

Such a gentlemen her own mind pointed out for the second time tonight. Angel couldn't even recall of Daryl ever did things like this for her. The table look nicely set, she couldn't help but feel like this was a date. Picking up her glass of wine she took a small sip, "no it's fine, why would you have women's clothes here. I can wash my clothes tomorrow and wear them again." Setting the glass down again, she picked up a fork. Swirling it in the noodles she brought a bite to her mouth, surprised a little that it tasted so good. "I have to say I wasn't expecting it to be this good," she laughed shyly, "most bachelors only eat things that come from a microwave." She took another bite before picking up the glass of wine again, taking another sip. Angel didn't drink that often, only when she had a friends over the age of twenty one at her place. Even then it wasn't much, mostly because she couldn't handle as much as her friends drank.

Taking his own sip of wine Cyrus gave a nod "That should work out fine, I've got a laundry room just down the hall, the one that probably looked like it was a guest room or something." He said, pointing down the hall to the door. After a few bites the compliment from Angel came about his cooking, resulting in a small blush on his face "Well... I kinda wanted to know how to cook before I left home, so I took a few lessons here and there rather than just relying on tv dinners. I'm glad that you like it though." Taking another sip of wine after speaking. Cyrus was never really one to hold his alcohol, even wine really, he really doubted just a glass or two would be a problem though. "Once we're done would you mind too terribly helping me with the dishes? Then I'll take my own shower and we can start bunking down for the night, I'd imagine you're pretty tired after what all happened today."

"I think I'm a pretty good cook, I learned from my Mama," she smiled taking another bite. She was glad he hadn't put much food on her plate, she was already getting full. Growing up she was taught to finish everything on her plate, when you were a guest in someone house. Cyrus spoke again, asking if she would help with the dishes, "oh of course, why would I mind?" Finishing the last bite, she pushed the plate forward a couple inches before picking up the glass of wine. "I am pretty tired now that you say that," taking a sip, "I think I was just a little energized by everything that has happened to me today." Thinking back to just a short while ago she had to ask, "what were you doing in that neighborhood, when you live in one of the nicest places in the city?"

"Oh really, maybe you could cook next time, I'd be eager to see what you've learned how to make. Plus eating my own food tends to get old after a while." He commented, finishing off his own plate of spaghetti, while Cyrus had eaten more than Angel they had still finished at about the same time, and it seemed neither was going to want to have seconds. Standing up and taking the plates Cyrus walked over to the sink in the kitchen, leaving the glasses out in case they wanted more wine. "I'll wash you dry?" Already starting on cleaning the pot he'd used to cook in, not ignoring her question however, a small chuckle leaving his mouth "Would you believe its because there's a deli not too far from where we met that I really enjoy? I'd planned on just having a sandwich for dinner but I think this was much more enjoyable.

(Feel free to reply to all of this not just the next part)
_______

After the tag team of Cyrus and Angel had cleaned all of the dirty dishes from their dinner, Cyrus went to take his own shower. Leaving Angel in the living room, telling her to just relax and maybe watch some TV and that he wouldn't be too long. Repeating the process he'd done earlier for the girl in correcting the temperature, the young man was soon standing under the hot water, washing away the day's filth. "Cyrus old boy, one hell of a day it's been hasn't it.... even if Angel wants to go back to her boyfriend, can I really allow something like that? For someone that's been abused to just go back to the one that's hurt them..." Letting out a sigh he shook those thoughts free and just concentrated on his shower.

"I would love too, it's the least I could do," she smiled, "I am told I am the best baker too, so some cookies most likely would follow." Angel finished the glass of wine and set the empty glass on the table. Just in time to join Cyrus a the sink, "I think I know the deli you are talking about, Catalano's right? They have the best pastrami on rye, I am sure I will ever have in my life." Turning her attention to the plate she was drying, "I guess I have them to thank for you coming along to find me then," looking in the other direction for moment she rolled her eyes at her stupid comment. 'What the fuck, that sounded stupid' she cussed at herself. Turning her attention back to him when she was done she smiled.

They finished with the dishes quickly, but there weren't that many to begin with. At first when he left the room, Angel stood in the center of it with her newly filled glass of wine. Not too big on TV herself, she found the power button on the stereo. She left it on the station he had it set at, walking to a large window that over looked the city. She watched the lights from moving cars zip pass on a street a little way down the road. Taking a deep breath, she took a sip from her glass, it had already started giving her comfortable fuzzy feeling.

Cyrus smiled in the shower as he thought about Angel thanking him for coming along and finding her, he thought it was cute, and had said as much even, leading to them both ending up blushing yet again. He liked this girl, she was cute and pretty funny, maybe Angel would stick around for a bit and they could get to know each other a bit better, or if not maybe at the very least they could be friends and meet up to have lunch or something similar. If not one of them cooking, Catalano's, they both knew the deli and evidently she liked it just as much as he did. Finishing up with his shower, along with his thoughts, Cyrus turned off the water. Grabbing a spare towel off the rack and drying himself off before slipping on a pair of Pajama pants not unlike the ones he'd given to Angel.

Walking out of the bathroom, still drying off his hair with the towel, he noticed Angel staring out the window that was near the door of the apartment. Seemingly just watching the traffic go by while listening to the smooth jazz music coming from his stero, somewhat thankful he'd left it on this particular station than some hardcore punk rock one. Tossing the towel back into the laundry room Cyrus walked up behind Angel, staring out the window using his superior height.

"It's calming isn't it.... despite all the chaos of the city it still manages to be somewhat peaceful to observe and just listen to the sounds of it. I bet that if I were to go to the countryside I couldn't sleep a wink due to the lack of noise that's always going on here..." He commented. "Whenever you're ready for bed just let me know Angel, you can have my room and I'll sleep on the couch."

The music on the stereo wasn't something she would have picked herself, though it wasn't bad either. Her playlist did vary by genre, most it was punk or soft rock though. As she watched out the window she began focusing on the lights a little to hard. She hadn't heard Cyrus approaching from behind her. Angel jumped a little when he started to talk, "mmm, yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing really. It's like our personal lullaby if you think about it." She didn't turn around, instead she continued to watch the street with him. In the time it took him to take a shower she had finished her second glass of wine. She hadn't meant to drink it that fast, but she wasn't paying much attention to anything else looking out the window. She turned slightly to look at him, swaying a little, her hand rested against his chest to steady herself. She pulled it away quickly with a blush, "uumm.. maybe bed would be a good idea, you don't have to give me your room though. I am fine sleeping on the couch."

Angel's analysis of the sounds of the city basically being their own ever present lullaby seemed fairly accurate to Cyrus, while others new to the city likely would be distracted by the noise and almost unable to sleep, he really wasn't able to without the sounds. Once you get used to something it was just difficult to suddenly be without it in your normal schedule. As she turned around and swayed into his chest Cyrus was surprised, holding onto the girl to make sure she didn't fall over by accident. When it was evident that she was okay and could stand he removed his hands, blushing again just like she was. "No no, I insist, you're my guest it would be rude to have you sleep on the couch. My couch might not be the the greatest but I can handle sleeping on it." Wondering just how out of it Angel was he asked "So uh... are you able to walk? Or should I carry you, I don't mind it."

Angel laughed a little at herself, "uumm, maybe if you could just walk with me to make sure I don't fall down." As she walked by the dining table she set the empty wine glass on it, she would get it in the morning. She swayed just as she reached the hallway, "I don't normally drink like this," she laughed again as she steadied herself with the wall. When they reached his room, she saw that he had a rather large bed. "Wow, that beds huge," she said turning to look at him, "we could both fit I'm sure."

At Angel's request to walk her back to his bedroom just to make sure that she didn't fall Cyrus was happy to do so. After all that had happened before now he didn't want the girl to almost get to the bed, just to fall over and hurt herself even more so than what her boyfriend had done. Setting his hand on Angel's shoulder to steady her as they walked to the bedroom, Cyrus was happy to see that there hadn't been any accidents on the way there thanks to his presence. When she suddenly started talking about them actually sleeping in the same bed though... Cyrus wasn't sure what to say, was he supposed to say no? Even if he was, he really didn't want to....

"Sure...? I mean the bed is certainly big enough as to where we can stay on our respective sides." Pulling back the covers to allow Angel to enter the bed first.

She was trying to think of the last time she drank, more then half a beer. It had to be a while ago, because she couldn't remember it. "Yeah, of course, I'm not a bed hog or anything so I know I can stay on the one side." She thought it was sweet that he pulled the blankets back for her. If felt nice to have someone take care of her for a change. As thoughts of Daryl started to creep up, she pushed them back down. Angel slid under the blankets, luckily when she laid down the world wasn't spinning, which meant she didn't have too much to drink. "You have got to be the sweetest man I have or will ever meet Cyrus."

Sliding into the bed on his respective side, Cyrus had planned on just staying over there, keeping any thoughts about Angel down and as far away from her as possible in their shared space to help with the thoughts. When he was about to reach over to turn off the lamp on the nightstand, the words from Angel caught him completely off guard, sputtering and almost falling out of the bed. His face looking as though it were almost a tomato, Cyrus tried, and failed to hide his deep blush. "I'm nothing special...." He softly said out of embarrassment "Just someone who did the right thing and helped a person in need of it." Turning around to face her, but not able to make eye contact he continued "You're a really sweet girl Angel, you deserve better than to be with someone that abuses you... nobody deserves that... especially not an angel."

Back
Top Bottom