Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A curious thought...

I think I should clarify some things... If someone loves my ideas and wanted to do their own version of it or a fanfic of it... I'd be flattered. Clearly they wouldn't be trying to rip it off and/or claim it as their own. If someone jumped into my abandoned thread and picked it up where it was left off? Ummm... I'd be creeped the fuck out. Just sayin'. And I'd be incensed if it was done my my ex-co-writer and they did so without asking me first. Personally, my thought is that they should just start the damned thread over and reuse their character and let the story restart and progress however. I wouldn't want anyone to have the opportunity to use/manipulate my character at all as I'd started her out nor would I want anyone to do so for a brief stint. It just sets wrong with me. In my mind, if my ex-co-writer really wants to continue on, they should ask the person they'd been writing with first (especially since the story hadn't really been theirs) and then even ask if they'd mind if the new person they wrote with created a character that was similar. I know I wouldn't mind that at all. I'd feel like my ex-co-writer respected what we'd worked on together if they'd did that. A random person... well, I just wouldn't expect random people to take over any thread. And if they did something similar, that wouldn't bother me so much. I'm talking about direct stealing... that bothers me. And if an ex-co-writer did what I'd just mentioned behind my back, I'd be pretty freakin' offended. I just wouldn't do that to them. It wouldn't cross my mind. Not in the slightest. It never has, never will. But anyway, just wanted to clarify that for people so that they better get where I'm coming from at least when it comes to RPs.

Back
Top Bottom