Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stuck in the Middle

Tessa sat up and looked into King’s angry and ruthless face. She didn’t know what to do. She was terrified and felt more than humiliated. She wiped at the tears flowing from her sore eyes, wishing that she could somehow get out of this situation. But she didn’t see what she could do. At least, not right now anyway. She truly had no choice, so it was becoming clear that she needed to be strong if she were to get out of this situation, since King had already promised that death would never come to her.

Tessa looked all around the room. She saw no one. Not a single person. She then slowly stood up and looked back at King. “Who are you to say that about me? You don’t know me.” She paused, feeling an anger bubble up from somewhere deep within. “You want me to obey, yet look at how you treat me! You drag me here against my will!” Tessa paused, remembering how Shadow introduced himself to her. “And your… minion… Shadow,” she almost spat the name. “I thought I was helping him. I had no idea. And what does he do in return?” Tessa went silent thinking about their introduction back at her apartment. She had to bite her lip to stifle the cry that wanted to escape them. “He brings me here to get treated even worse.” Tessa heaved a sigh. “I don’t think I’m better than anyone. I really don’t. If you’d only get to know me, you’d realize this.”

Covering her face with her hands, Tessa wondered why she was even trying to reason with this man. He was worse than Shadow and look how unreasonable that man had been. Heaving a sigh, she looked back at King again. His face said it all. Her fate was now in his hands. She had to make a decision.

Hanging her head down and feeling like a worthless speck, Tessa spoke, “Fine, I’ll do as you ask. Just know that it won’t be me.” Feeling the prickles of more tears forming, Tessa held them back. Tears were pointless now, all emotion was pointless now. She wondered if she’d ever feel compassion or tenderness ever again.

King looked at tessa and walked over to her and was about to grab her when another shifted ran in. "KING Its Central. They've sent their recon units they are started to attack." He shifted into what looked like a white tiger and headed off and went to the outside. It wasn't long until the room Tessa was in had the wall cave and break. Spook looked around. "King its time for you and your men to stand down." Shadow watched from above and got ready to attack Spook. He grinned and licked his lips letting himself half shift so that he had his claws and fangs out ready to make his Kill. King laughed and looked at Spook. "OOH such a brave word,for a dead man."

Tessa’s eyes widened. What the hell was happening? Everything was a blur. As the wall broke away, she felt her heart race, wondering what fate had in store for her now.

“King, it’s time for you and your men to stand down,” a voice sounded. Tessa tried to make him out, but could only see his silhouette in the cave. For the first time since Shadow had revealed himself to her, she felt hope. Was this her chance? She had to take it.

“OOH such brave words, for a dead man!” King shouted back at the voice.

Tessa wrung her hands in anticipation. Seeing King distracted, she decided she had to try. It was now or never. Terrified, she bolted toward the voice that had spoken against King. He was the only chance she saw for escape… and survival.

Back
Top Bottom