Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

♔ dream's little boons,

Osheaga

Supernova

• In December, a very, very close cousin of mine - Spencer - was deported back to Haiti
              after being here in Canada for nearly two years. He, his little sister and his mother were
              forced against there will to leave. I wish them the best though deep down inside I wished
              there was something I could do; I gave them money, clothes to go back with and a stainless
              steal cooking set for Spencer's mother's birthday seeing as she loved nothing more then to cook.
              Spencer and I had a great time together ... though he could only speak french and Creole,
              my being Canadian made communication no problem. I taught him English and in return, he
              taught me his native tongue.

But still ... he left. When he arrived I got a phone call from him learning that he was living
              with his father who was extremely ill. He couldn't find a job to support his family and felt
              useless. So, he planned to move to Puerto Rico, which was still a poverty-stricken place
              but not nearly as bad as where he had been living - in hopes to find employment. Every
              weekend, he said, he'd take a boat from Puerto Rico to Haiti and drop off food, medicine and
              clothes for his mother, brother and father if God spared life. Over the weeks his idea panned out
              well until the earthquake came. His father being in his week condition was no match for the
              trauma and passed away during the first tremor. His mother and brother were separated;
              nearly a week after the cataclysm his mother was found alive but extremely injured and
              dehydrated ... but his brother was nowhere to be found.

He, himself, was also caught amongst the turmoil. He lost his leg to a piece of broken rebar
              from a fallen school as he was there to pick up his brother. When his wounds were
              treated, luckily by someone with medical expertise, he contacted me before anyone else
              to tell me about the horrible news. His mother was healing well but his brother ... still
              not a word from him. Just this morning the found the boy, shaken, dehydrated and hysterical.
              He called me yet again crying. I never heard a man with such abhorrence and worry in his
              voice. So his brother is on his way here now, I said that my family and I would watch him,
              and that we would give him the best until Spencer and his mother could return too.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom