Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fantasy Prison Break--Possibly with Pirates?

Morathor

Supernova
This RP idea has more to do with setting and characters than plot; I've been working on this setting for years, and I'd like to let some good RPers in to explore it while their characters have interesting dynamics. Still, I'll start with the plot.

The Basic Premise:
A group of people are locked in the same cell. They are of different races, from different nations, and they came to be in the cell for different reasons. Some may have been criminals, some may be prisoners of war, some may have been captured in raids or simply sold to the state. But they all share two things in common.

First, they are all going to be auctioned off as slaves in the morning. Second, none of them want to be auctioned off as slaves in the morning.

So, they manage to band together, stage a prison break, make it to the nearest harbor and steal a ship. Where they go from there is up to the players (although, as I implied in the title, my vote is piracy).

The Setting
This is a fantasy world where magic is abundant, but usually not very powerful, and with the rapid advance of science, technology is beginning to catch up. The world's most advanced nation has developed galleons and gunpowder, although the rest of the world is anywhere from decades to millenia behind.

There are seven nations, as well as a collection of city-states that share a language and religion, and an archipelago that supports three distinct cultures. Most of these nations and cultures are shared by at least two species, and while there may be some racial stereotypes and class divisions, the communities are more or less integrated. There are a total of sixteen sentient species.

If that's interesting enough that you'd like to learn a little more, then this website may be of use to you. It's still unfinished, but it does contain descriptions of all the playable races, various wildlife, the different styles of magic, and a couple of the major nations. Please ignore the parts about stats and houserules--those are for a tabletop version of the setting, with dice and such, which we're probably not doing here.

It's a pen and paper roleplaying game focused around pirates and suchlike in a fantasy Europe-like series of countries. I've not had the chance to play it for myself but it looks to be a lot of fun and I'm hoping to run a game or play in a game of it someday.

Well, three people might be enough to get started if you guys are interesting in playing multiple characters each. If you'd rather just focus on one apiece, then yeah we'll have to round up some more players first.

I could play maybe two characters. I'd prefer to stick to just one since that's less to keep track of but...

I have no idea why this didn't occur to me before, but maybe more people will get interested in the world if I, y'know, share the world with them. So...

BEHOLD! My largely unfinished Umauria site.
Please ignore the houserules and stats, those are for a tabletop version with rules and dice and such. But this website still contains descriptions of all the playable races, the different styles of magic (and some of the specific spells if you're interested) and a couple of the major nations.

I'm going to add that information into the first post as well.

Back
Top Bottom