Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Snow Angel(Retsu & LadyYunaFFX2)

Retsu

Star
Ever since his high school years, Micah Shale has been extremely afraid of women, and always thought himself to be unattractive in their eyes. It all started when he was at lunch one day. He has also been a rather shy person throughout most of his life as well, but he had gotten better during his highschool years. He was sitting with a couple friends of his, and they were all laughing and poking fun at each other like usually. Then, his crush came walking by the table he was sitting at. He had been working up the courage to ask her out for a very long time, but his friends always told him to stay away from her because she was an absolute bitch. Micah never saw that because his own desire for her clouded his ability to see what she was really like, and he went against his friend's warnings. Waiting until lunch was over, he pulled her to the side, and confessed to her. He thought everything was going well, but she suddenly burst out laughing, called him terrible names that he never wanted to repeat, and embarrassed him by speaking loudly, so everyone could hear it and pushing him away from her as he stumbled over.

They say men shouldn't cry, but Micah went home that day, and locked himself in his room as he cried for nearly the entire day before crying himself to sleep. Since that day, he has avoided women all because of his former crush, and even those who were quite nice to him got the cold shoulder no matter what they did. The only one he trusted was his own mother, but she died from cancer when he was seventeen. Now twenty six years old, he is still deathly afraid of women, and that has only evolved with age. He lives out in the country where the closet neighbor to him is about a mile away, but he doesn't really mind. It's peaceful out here, and he is free to do whatever he wants thanks to his mother's will giving him 18.6 million dollars as well as his job. Which keeps him busy, and allows him to pay for his house since Micah only uses his mother's money for emergencies. But there is one thing that he loves the most about living out in the country.

For as long as he could remember, Micah loved winter. It was his favorite season because of the snow, and the many ways he could play with the snow. He could remember many times when him and his friends would build snow forts, and pelt each other with snowballs. There have been many times where he created a snowman, and had gotten quite good at it. So good that he is now able to put the snowmen in various poses, or create a unique snowman if he had the time; however, none of those were ever quite memorable as his snow angels.

No matter where he went, no matter how old he was, Micah would fall backwards in the soft pillows of snow, move his arms up and down, and his legs side to side only to create a wonderful snow angel. He never really understood why, but making snow angels always seemed to calm him down, and give him a sometimes much needed sense of peace. He has made a lot of snow angels in his lifetime, and was ready to create his next today. It was finally winter again, and he headed outside just to enjoy the feeling of winter before just nonchalantly falling backwards. He created five near perfect snow angels that day, and carefully pulled away from his fifth, so he wouldn't mess it up to inspect his work. They were all so beautiful, and he could stare at them for hours, but even he had his own limits.

Soon enough, Micah headed inside to warm himself up the only way he knew how. With a cup of some delicious hot cocoa while sitting next to the fireplace, and a blanket wrapped around his body. He was making that cup of hot cocoa when he was suddenly blinded by a bright flash of light. When he could finally see again, he looked behind him to find a woman standing behind. Even without his fear of women, anyone would suddenly freak out if someone they didn't recognize was suddenly right behind them, and that is exactly what Micah did. A scream of terror left his lips as he fell backwards, and started crawling away from her "W-W-Who are you, a-a-a-and how d-d-did you get in m-m-my house!?" he demanded in a frightened tone.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/RPC-RP Pics/22-Snow_Angel_zps8368a18a.jpg

Angels; just the term alone already brought a questionable definition. Humans often had little understanding of them and even less believed in them. It was sad, really. But perhaps worse than that had been how the world had been so far to multiple people; and all had been good in virtue. As a divine being herself, Celestine had never understood, even to this day, why the good suffered so much worse than those who deserved it. She knew it wasn't her call ... but sometimes the being she was supposed to serve truly did seem as dubious; even moreso than her own existence. His morales had seemed very ... off at times.

It'd taken her quite a while, but finally she got consent to leave the Heavens and help out an individual she'd watched for quite a while; and ever since his mother had come up to the sky, the amount of time observing only increased. And the words she'd spoken to her of the poor boy -- man now -- were all very true. He did have good intentions and will towards others but didn't know how to go about it; especially around women.

Maybe it had been unintentional but deep down, she had her own theory on why he had loved the snow so much. It wouldn't be the only one, but it was another aside from what he had figured to be. And she didn't want that dominating him so much, to allow himself to truly become as cold as the snow itself. She could understand his fears and all ... but Celestine watched enough good and kind people fall from grace day after day. It was odd and unorthodox, but she didn't want to see him get added to that invisible list.

And because of the fact she was personally intervening with a mortal, she'd been given quite a few warnings of things that may happen should any certain circumstances arose. She'd known and expected it all, but still replied with a nod and smile. Closing her hazel eyes, she found herself inside his house.

Celestine supposed, after thinking on it, that she probably should have chosen a better entrance with how poor Micah reacted. She gave a small chuckle - more at herself than him - before clearing her throat and holding her wrists behind her back. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. My name is Celestine and I have been sent to .... " She paused, not because she didn't know the answer but to word it carefully. The entire reason for him being uneasy around women, after all, had been caused from one; and she didn't want to fill him with too much fear from mere words.

"Well ... help ease your anxieties of the fairer gender by being your companion, simply put. I won't begin to excuse your former crush for her actions nor will anyone. But I do want you to see that we're not truly all that bad."

She'd made sure to come down in only the snow white gown, keeping a more human-like form. Celestine didn't yet want to reveal she was an angel and it had been another reason she'd chosen the words carefully. The flash of light though -- that would be hard to explain. Maybe he'd think nothing of it? Ah well; if need be, she would reveal it. But hopefully she could do so and not make him panic more; that truly wasn't her goal.

Even if this woman radiated that sense of peace that he enjoyed so much, that didn't stop Micah from still being so afraid of her. It didn't help much that she even spoke about his former crush. He was quite good with faces, but he had never seen this woman in his entire life, and that meant she should have no idea about his former crush, or what she had done to him. If anything, it just made him even more afraid of her, and he continued to back up until his back hit the wall "Y-You're not real!" he had to be dreaming, and surely he was probably just sleeping all snug and warm next to his fireplace. After all, how did the woman get inside his house when he didn't hear any cars pulling up, didn't hear the sound of footsteps approaching his door, nor did he even hear the sound of his door opening? He would of tested the theory, but was too scared to move anyway "J-Just go away!" he closed his eyes, and looked away from her. Hoping that when he opened them again, that she would be gone.

Of course, he wasn't that lucky. His eyes were closed for quite sometime, but as they opened she was still standing there. Micah's poor mind couldn't take it anymore, and he fainted on the spot. His dreams were another safe haven from the world, but he had a nightmare this time. Memories of his confession to his crush in highschool flooded back into his mind, and anyone could tell that it was happening because Micah talked in his sleep, and he was constantly saying "No...I...Please," as well as tossing and turning. What made things even worse was the fact that the woman he saw when he as still awake was there as well, and laughing at him as part of the crowd. She was also the one who seemed to call him degrade him worse than Sara, his crush, was. Micah woke up with a scream, and shot upwards. His breathing was heavy, and sweat was covering his body. He scanned over his surroundings, and found himself on his couch. He thought that whoever the woman was, was gone, but found out otherwise soon enough. He breathed a sigh of relief, and was about to get off the couch when he saw her.

She was still there with him! He squeaked in terror now, and sunk himself into his couch "Why won't you go away!?"

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/RPC-RP Pics/22-Snow_Angel_zps8368a18a.jpg

Celestine blinked. Not real? That hadn't quite been the reaction she expected. Some other word, maybe. Not real though? Even that insulted her a bit; but it didn't show in her light hazel eyes. She had been warned that this mission would be borderline impossible to begin with, and it'd been one reason she'd been repeatedly convinced not to even bother. But Celestine was determined to make progress, no matter what that would take. And if that meant a bit of pain - hopefully only mental but still - she'd endure it. Her head shook slowly. "No ... I am. Very much so, in fact." Her hand had reached out to take his, nothing more. But before that could be accomplished, poor Micah passed out.

An annoyed sigh passed her lips. This was going even worse than she'd thought. " ... Oh dear ... " She murmured, taking a strand of her raven hair and lightly twirling it in her fingers. Her Lord hadn't been joking; a lot of patience and work would be needed with this man. Angels seemed to inherently have such traits, thankfully. Now she just needed to determine the proper courses of action; and all Celestine knew for sure by now was revealing herself would not be wise. If he didn't pass out, worse could happen she feared. In time? Maybe. Now? Gods no.

As he came to, she gave a soft smile. "Because I'm here to help. I understand your concerns and fears of this; truly I do. But allow me a chance. Isn't that what most would give to have in this lifetime? An opportunity? Am I exempt from this rule just because women haven't been a good .... memory for you?" Her wrists went behind her back once again as she looked down towards Micah. It wasn't as if to seem like she were staring, merely watching as she had been for so long.

Though the more she got to study him - and from a closer view - Celestine couldn't help but admit over the years, he'd grown up to be quite the attractive young man. It made her heart sink even more to know why he'd become the man she was seeing now. He hadn't deserved such treatment ... and yet it'd come anyways. Ah well ... despite her true nature, she couldn't quite change the past.

But come Hell or high water - both if needed - she would work towards giving him a much better future. Better later than never ... wasn't that a saying humans often followed?

Micah didn't like how she was getting so close because it made him really uncomfortable. Hell, it was taking all of his willpower not to just push her away, or harm her. Because even though he feared women, his own mother had hammered it into his head that he should be a gentlemen towards them. Obviously, he wasn't about to make any sort contact with a woman, but even he had the decency not to harm them. Celestine started speaking again about helping him getting over his fear of the opposite sex, but was trying his best to block her out. He didn't want to give her a chance because a part of him still thought that she was just something his mind cooked up to torture him, and it was damn well working "I-I don't need y-your help. Just go away...please," demanding that this horrible torture went away didn't seem to work, but maybe whoever this woman was would just go away if he asked nicely. It was certainly worth a shot, and he was willing to try anything to make her go away.

But nope. He still wasn't so lucky, and hated that. The only good thing about this was that she hasn't degraded him, or harmed him in any way, but even that only offered minimal amounts of peace towards his fear-stricken mind. He didn't know what else to do now as it seemed she truly was not going to just leave him be. Then he started thinking that if he just ignored her completely that Celestine would go away. It was something else that was worth a shot, and Micah did just that. He broke eye contact with her, and his eyes immediately shifted to his television. He quickly grabbed the remote, and turned the TV on. He flipped through until the channels until he found something that was interesting, and focused his attention solely on the TV. Not even looking in her general direction, nor even thinking about her.

He wanted this to work more than anything as he just wanted to be alone, and have this woman out of his house. Then he could go back to living a peaceful life.

The more this was continuing, the closer Celestine was to revealing her true nature ---- and that his mother was no doubt infuriated with him. It was limited but angels did have telepathy of sorts even when not in the Heavens. But she wouldn't resort to that just yet. Nope, she could be as determined as Micah, more even. And she wouldn't give in so easily. It was like an unwritten rule of sorts that angels, should they ever descend from the Heavens, needed to at least try to avoid giving that sort of information away. It was like an odd taboo, one she didn't really fully understand herself. Her head slowly shook no. "It's my job. I can't just give up on it." At least he wasn't resorting to anything overly drastic or violent ... but gods this was getting rather annoying. Even if he didn't watch her, she did and saw him grab the remote and turn the TV on.

And no sooner had it clicked on did she finally know how to go about this. Reverse psychology. It'd be somewhat mean but ... he had initiated all these reactions. And push was beginning to turn into shove in this mission. So ... she would fight back in her own non-violent ways. Stretching herself softly, a low yawn passed Celestine's lips. Without a word, she turned and began going through his shelves and refrigerator. He was trying to block her out so she'd start doing the same. And it was taking an equal amount of energy as it was for Micah to keep from hitting her - or worse - to keep her wings hidden away. That plus the teleporting had taken a lot out of her. It took seconds to perform but both tasks still did require much concentration and focus. If she'd somehow glanced the wrong way or noted the wrong thing on where Micah lived, she could have actually ended up elsewhere.

And that may have been bad for her, especially with how far away others were from each other here. Finally after some rummaging, she began making her own hot cocoa. Celestine would at least avoid making anything too complex. More than that, she wouldn't need much. She began to softly hum whilst pouring the powder in another empty cup, working in her own ways.

Micah was indeed trying to block her out as best he could, but it was hard to ignore the sounds of various jars, Tupperware, boxes, and cups moving about. He didn't know what Celestine was doing in his kitchen, but it reminded him about how he still hadn't had his hot cocoa. He wasn't cold anymore since the whole experience got him all hot and flustered, but now he thought about going back to making his own; however, that would mean having to get close to the woman. Something he would much rather avoid. Then he started thinking about just what she was doing in his kitchen. He wasn't quite sure, but he had made enough hot cocoa in his life to know what it sounds like. So that meant that she must either be making some for him, or for herself. Regardless of who she was making it for, he didn't like it. And then he realized that he was paying attention to her through his thoughts, and that just pissed him off. He would admit, in private, that Celestine was a rather beautiful woman, but so was Sara and look where that got him. He had only seen the nice in her because his mind was too clouded with love to even see the bad.

Micah wasn't in love with Celestine, but he wasn't going to respond to her niceness only to get hurt again. Still, she wasn't getting out of his head now, and that only pissed him off further God damn that woman! Why did she have to...wait...how did she... the previous events started leading him towards questions about her. How did she know about his highschool experience? How did she get inside his house? How did she even know his name? All those questions needed to be answered, and he would be dammed if he wasn't going to pry them out of her.

Micah suddenly sprang up from the couch, and pointed his finger at her "Okay, who are you really, and how do you know so much about me!?" he asked, in a demanding tone like last time, but there was no fright in his voice this time. Only anger

By the time Celestine heard and saw Micah, she had finished up on the cocoa. Blowing gently over the hot drink, she then took a sip and contemplated. It would be involving so many risks and rule-breaking ... but he did deserve the honest-to-gods truth. It was the least she could give him. Besides, if she had any hopes of becoming more than his companion, a level of trust would be needed. Even if it meant .... well, she'd wait for that bridge to approach later. It wouldn't happen yet and that much he didn't need to know. Turning to face Micah, she set the cup slowly down. "My name really is Celestine if you're doubting that. But .... you're right. I'm not exactly whom I appear to be either. And for that, I do apologize. But .... well ... you'll see soon enough why I refrained from including certain details."

If nothing else, this would take away all the mental strain that she'd been forcing upon herself due to the high amounts of concentration. So revealing her true identity would be somewhat of a blessing, she supposed. The thing she was really hoping for, though, was that somehow ... he would be able to remain conscious from seeing all of this. Just her presence had made him faint; this may do the same if not more. And while she didn't wish for it, she wouldn't blame him for reacting that way. Few humans could say in their lifetime they'd actually seen an angel with their own eyes.

Exhaling softly, her eyes slowly closed. Well ... here goes nothing ... Another flash of light appeared between the two. This time, when it faded, Celestine would appear as if she were the same. However, the small white wings would soon come into view of Micah's eyes. Swallowing softly, her head bowed lightly. "Like I was trying to hint and say earlier ... it's literally my job to help you out. So ... as the wings are probably suggesting, God sent me. I'm ... well .. an angel. Between divine vision and your mother ... that is how I know of you. I've watched you for quite a while, enough to understand your concern on women. I truly am sorry for all Sara made you suffer through ... but it isn't my place to make time stop, rewind, or anything of the like. It's true that intervening isn't usually either ... but this was an exception."

Her hands went behind her back as she held her wrists gently. This would be a lot to take in, she knew. But hopefully he could handle it as well as possible. She'd need him alive to be able to complete her mission, all of it at that matter.

Micah certainly did get his wish to know who she really was, but he got more than he bargained for. He still didn't quite believe that her name was Celestine when she reaffirmed that, but that was the least of his concerns at the moment. Another bright flash of light blinded him yet again, and when he could finally see, his eyes widened even further. His left eye started twitching at the sight before him. He knew for a fact that he wasn't crazy, so those small white wings he saw had to be real, and that was only the half of it. She started speaking about how it truly was her job to help him, that god sent her, that she was an angel, and that she knew everything about him because of her divine vision, and his own mother. His head started to hurt tremendously now, and he began doubting that this day was even real. As he had thought about suicide yesterday when he saw someone who reminded him of Sara, and that reminded him again of how lonely his life was. So he thought that maybe he had gone to Hell for some reason, and that this was his eternal torture.

Though that wouldn't explain why she an angel though as he doubted that even Satan would want to create an angel as someone's personal Hell. That would have to mean that everything he saw today was real, and that Celestine was truly an angel sent from God to help him get over his fear of women. Micah had never really been all that religious, and even had his doubts about there being a God at all, but here was an angel, pure as day, looking right back at him. Once again, the poor boy couldn't take it, and he fell backwards yet again; however, he didn't faint this time. His head was racing with too many questions to get him to faint, and he just ignored the terrible pain in his head from falling against his hardwood floor, and stared up at the ceiling with his eye still twitching like crazy.

He started mumbling as well, and even felt like he was starting to go crazy "This...isn't...real. Dreaming...must be....have to be....dreaming...." showing her true nature perhaps might look like it did more harm than good, but now Micah was at least a little more at peace now. He now knew who this why exactly was, and why she was here, but it was going to take a lot more than that to really get him to trust her. After a while, he sat back up once more, and took a huge gulp of air "Y-You're an a-a-angel, and you were sent to help me? W-With what?"

With each word that left Celestine's lips, she gazed at Micah to try to gauge his reaction. Given what she had feared, he took it better than she'd thought. But the understanding that all of the revelations had likely done more bad than good for him was seen in her hazel eyes and it made guilt sweep over her. It wasn't enough for her to attempt to cover the truth up with a lie, but definitely ample to give a few rare curses to herself, all of which echoed in her head. She didn't normally resort to such tactics or language but at this point, she couldn't help herself. There were no regrets in trying to help Micah out; just how the results had been thus far. Not only had she been determined to help him out but avoid hurting him in the process. And yet ... that seemed to be exactly all she'd done thus far. Only mentally, of course, but even that could take a toll on any person and sometimes even worse than any physical torment one endured.

She swallowed softly before resuming speaking, a small smile still upon her lips. "No, this is very real. Though I can understand why you'd doubt this. Few humans get this ... opportunity. And it was why I was so unsure on revealing this information to you. We're ... not usually supposed to even hint our existence to humans. But as I said, you were an exception. I've also already said why I'm here." She paused, glancing up in thought before giving a nod. "Though ... I guess there is technically another reason, though it's more of a theory. All the same, it's one I don't want to see become real."

Her fingers lightly tapped against her jaw as she walked back and forth. How to go about explaining this part? The direct method? In the end, she decided not to. Hazel eyes glanced back over at Micah. Her voice never once raised, staying at the soft and gentle volume she'd had since arriving. "May I inquire on the real reason you love snow so much? Do you know even why it calms you so much?" She would wait and allow him an opportunity to answer it -- or try to. As long as he attempted to be honest with her, that was what Celestine would mainly look for.

At least that now confirmed that she was indeed an angel, but that wasn't going to make him trust her anymore. If God knew that he was so afraid of women, then he should of sent a male angel down to talk to him. Then he would have no fears besides the angel's first appearance. Though he really wasn't thinking that a woman angel would work better since she could show him that not all women were evil witches both by her own doings, and showing her the real good in women. He was so wrapped up in his thinking that he barely noticed Celestine was asking him why snow calmed him so much, but he figured there was no harm in telling her why. She wouldn't get much out of him though as this is what he said "I don't know...ever since I was a child it has just calmed me down, and I have always just enjoyed winter. Not because of Christmas like other children mostly do, but because of the snow," he didn't know, nor did he care if that was the answer she wanted as it was the only one that he knew, and was going to be his answer no matter how times she asked him it.

Micah finally got off the ground, but only to stand as he just couldn't go near her. He was fully aware that she wasn't going to hurt him considering she was an angel, but it was still because she was a woman "S-So, you are here to help me get over my fear of women?" he asked, as he remembered back to the previous times she has said the same thing "W-What if I d-don't your help?" true, the thought of suicide thing didn't feel right when he started thinking back on it, but that was the first, and hopefully only, time that he was done that in his life. So he wasn't really worried about it too much "I'm p-perfectly fine with my current life, and I have come to terms with knowing that I am going to live a-alone for the rest of my life," that was half a lie. Well yes, he has come to terms with it, he did often have thoughts about his own loneliness, and even once thought about getting a roommate, or even a pet of sorts. He decided against both though because a roommate would mean that he might have to come within contact of women, and a pet just seemed a little too expensive for him.

If his love for winter had gone even since he was a child, way before she began watching him, she would give him benefit of the doubt. After all, she had said it to be only a theory, nothing proven. But it was still a legitimate concern all the same. Nodding slowly, she went on to explain all the same. "Some people have a love for the cold because they allow themselves to literally become it. But that's not the real Micah I've viewed for so long ... and it really would be a shame to give in and fall so far beyond grace. It's ... a precaution on my behalf more than anything. But I will keep your words in mind." It wouldn't make her forget her own all the same though. Hell no. In fact, hadn't she all but spelled out that she wouldn't do anything along the lines of give up or leave him even if he wanted just that?

Her head shook no gently as he tried to say he was fine with his life. "I've already gone too far, made so much progress. It took quite a bit of convincing to even get consent to come down and help you out to begin with. But finally, God agreed. He doesn't often send angels down not just because we're not supposed to be known of but out of concern. Though we have many abilities we're .... not immune to certain things. Like pain. So if we wound up in front of the number of rogue individuals ... it could go bad for any angel. I managed to point out to him that very fact of you, that you're not cruel like others in this world and that I could handle this. And please ... don't lie to yourself. I know you're not happy with your life."

Her feet had tensed, wanting to move closer but she stayed in her place. "Even from here, I can practically feel your sorrows. You're tired of the solitude. Even to the point of having considered suicide which your mother specifically told me to tell you before I headed here that she's upset at you." Upset was a kind understatement, but it'd feel odd memorizing the exact curses the woman had used to her. Still, she'd relayed her message and that was all that mattered. "I can definitely see why you would begin to not like the loneliness; then again no one would. But taking your life won't do you any good. In fact, it'd make things worse -- and not just because it guarantees you a spot in Hell. You'll be even more alone there. After all, it's full of pure sinners --- let alone those who don't regret the acts they did in their lifetime enough to gain access into Heaven. Would you really want to be with such people?" She let the very thoughts linger in his mind, thinking of how to proceed onward before nodding slowly.

"I don't expect it to be immediate ... but let me show you not all women are like Sara. But the first step to begin to accept my help at all is stop pushing me away." At least he wasn't trying to literally .. but he still would know what she meant all the same. During the entire talk, her eyes remained upon his. At most, she blinked to gaze away but never actually did so. She wanted to ensure nothing foolish would be tried in front of her. Or, if he did, that she'd stop him.

((Sorry for the rather short post. Couldn't really think of how to continue without godmodding.))

Micah listened to her every word, and even maintained eye contact with her for the most part, and this the longest he has ever held eye contact with a woman. That wasn't his focus though as he was more deep in thought about everything that Celestine had said. Everything was true, and it seemed she knew more about him than he did himself, but having to accept her help was a little hard for him to do. He had no doubt in his mind that she would have him talk to women and what not, and that was something he did not want to do. Still, perhaps it was time for some change in his life, and maybe he could finally find the woman of his dreams. He had looked away from her while looking, but Micah turned his head back towards her as he gave his answer.

"O-Okay, I will accept your help," even just saying that she would be able to hear in reluctance in his voice to truly accept her help "But if this doesn't work, then I want you to just leave me alone, and let me just get on with my life. Agree to that, or I will retract my earlier agreement," there was no reluctant hint in his voice as he told her that because he meant it that time. If for whatever reason, he stayed afraid of women no matter what she did. Then he wanted her out of his life, and to just let him be.

Though Celestine could have read his mind if she desired, the angel restrained herself from doing so. Even with all the abilities, she never enjoyed using any unless they were absolutely necessary and no other alternative was being offered to her. Thankfully, this wasn't the case and hadn't been so far. Even without using anything, though, she could tell that Micah was doing some serious thinking; a good start in her eyes. It meant he would stop hurling rushed insults and words and actually consider everything that was now happening to him, namely regarding her coming into his life. Abrupt ... it had no doubt been that of all things. But she would make it worth the effort and time for them both. The inherent trait of patience ... it was times like now she was so glad to have it. Otherwise she would have likely disappeared away in failure and disappointment, all mainly upon herself.

Finally, he spoke up and the reply made her smile all the same. She gave an affirmative nod. "Of course. The exchange seems fair enough so I agree as well." It wasn't that she didn't hear the reluctance ... but more like she was trying to avoid focusing on it. She intended to replace that within time. Living with him and proving she could be trusted was already one step but ... in between the days, what more could she do? Her mind began quickly racing and finally, the answer seemed simple enough. Ask him of course. Nodding slowly, her gaze went down to Micah again.

"Is there any specific task you would want me to do to prove myself? Trust is, somewhat unfortunately a vague concept that can be gained - or broken - in multiple ways. Even just staying here and showing can only do so much. So if you can figure another task to give me, by all means ... speak up." Nothing but resolve was in her own voice. If he doubted she'd been serious on accomplishing this mission, those words would prove otherwise. She wanted to make this work ... more than anything else. And she was more than ready to take all the risks that were hinted to her before she headed down, along with the punishments that would accompany them.

(Next time, you can PM me before posting and ask about doing something that would otherwise constitute as such. More likely than not, I'll agree just because it was discussed rather than you assumed I'd be fine for it. But no worries otherwise. Even I have shorter-than-I'd-like posts for myself and I don't really judge on others.)

Micah was content with hearing her agree to his stipulation over this whole ordeal, but could only hope that she stay true to it. He had calmed down a little now, but still had no desire to move closer to her, or have her move closer to him. He may of accepted her help, but that didn't mean he still fully trusted her. It seemed she was in deep thought herself for a moment before she asked him if he had any specific tasks in mind that could help him to trust her further. That was a rather good way for her to prove herself to him, and Micah looked away again as he pondered over things; however, all the things he thought of didn't feel right. He could think of a ton of things that she could do for him, but they all made him feel like he was just simply ordering her to do something. Then it wouldn't feel genuine to him. He continued pondering over things, but could think of nothing "I can't think of anything that doesn't make me feel like I am just ordering you to do it," perhaps in time though, once he started getting more comfortable with her and women in general, that would change.

Now he wasn't quite sure to do after this little exchange of theirs, but he figured that he should probably start being around her a little more. If he was ever going to get rid of his fear of women, then the only true way to cure himself of it was to be around a woman. Celestine had been extremely nice towards him so far, and he wasn't about to go out into the real world to risk getting hurt again. So he figured his best course of action would be to just hang around her for a little bit "Y-You were making a cup of cocoa, r-right? T-Then would you m-mind m-making mine as well? Your appearance stopped me from doing so, and while I am not cold anymore. I still would like to have some," he didn't know if this would count as something she could do to prove herself, but he didn't quite care. Ever since she appeared to him earlier, Micah had been wanting to make his hot cocoa, but was afraid to step inside the kitchen because she was in there. After he told her what he wanted her to do, he sat back down on his couch, and started watching TV again. Every once in a while, he would glance back at her to see what she was doing, and to also make sure that she wasn't trying to catch him off guard, and hurt him.

Finally his posture and tone hinted he really was beginning to relax much more. Another good sign, one of the best ones so far in fact. It'd be difficult to help out if he was always so tense and jumpy around her. Her head shook no, her smile remaining as he gave his reasons for why nothing seemed to immediately come to his head. "I wouldn't mind. I intended to work in any form to go through with this." In the end, though, an idea she had been ready to suggest wound up being his decision. Ah well, he now knew for future references. Her head bowed as she turned, raven locks lightly falling against her back. "Of course. It shouldn't be long ... " She glanced down, seeing at least the powder had gotten put into his cup but not much more had been done. As she began working on finishing his own cup of cocoa, her free hand noted the one for herself was ... not quite lukewarm but not as hot either. Focusing for a few seconds, she got it to a more appropriate temperature before going back to concentrating on Micah's.

As she walked out with both hands holding Micah's cup to keep from dropping it, she set it on the nearest surface, whether it was beside or in front of him. She paused, looking at him for a few more minutes before turning back to re-grasp her own cup. "Do the wings bother you? I can always go back to my more human form - or even another one - if you wish." At worst, it'd put some mental strain to keep the form. Then again .... she almost wondered if it would be easier to go through with giving up her position as an angel and becoming a mortal. That had been the main ... risk/consequence she'd kept hidden away. Her head shook no as she remained in the kitchen, allowing him personal space.

Not yet. You won't be able to help him on the rare chance anyone tries any physical harm to him ... or he tries to himself ..

That was definitely the only thing ensuring she remained the way she was for now. But if things went even half as well as she was aiming for ... the angel status would definitely be gone. This town didn't look like it was possible for theft, break-ins, or things of the like to occur. But sometimes it was the smaller locations that one had to be careful for anyways rather than the more populated areas. A satisfied nod left her head as she leaned gently against the counter, keeping quiet to hear his replies as she took a sip of her own drink.

Micah thanked her as she placed the cup in front of him, but looked away yet again as he just took a sip of it. The cup tasted as wonderful as usual, but he did wish that Celestine would of appeared after he finished the cocoa as it always tasted a lot better when he was cold, and was warming up. He continue focusing on the television when he suddenly heard her asking him if she should remain in her angel form, or if she should become a normal human again. He thought about his answer, and decided that it probably would be best if she became a human "W-Well, they don't bother me, b-but it probably would be best if y-you took a human f-form. That way, I am around a regular human w-woman instead of one with wings," he still couldn't believe that he was doing this as he was scared out of his fucking mind right now. Just knowing that she was behind him in the kitchen, and hearing her voice put him on edge. He knew she wasn't going to hurt him because of what she really was, but his fear just kept reminding him of Sara, and she reminded him of Sara because of his dream.

He needed to get those thoughts out of his head, but he didn't know how to do that. Every time he thought about Celestine, thoughts about his dream came into his head, and that made thoughts about Sara come into his head. To this day, he could still hear the terrible names, the laughter, and could still feel the humiliation he felt that day. Micah wondered if she could sense what he was thinking about, and what he was feeling. She probably could considering she was an angel, and a very small, yet slowly growing part of him wanted her to comfort him. Wanted her to wrap him up in a gentle hug, and give me peace for once in his life; however, that side was being beaten down by his fear and mistrust for her. He took another sip of his hot cocoa only to find that he had already drank it. So he set the cup back down on the coffee table in front of him, and fell to his side as he grabbed the blanket hanging from the back of the couch, and draped it around his body.

Not that he was tired, and wanted to get sleep, but because he just needed to lay down right now. So many different feeling were going through his body, and they all conflicted with each other. It almost hurt, and the part that feared and mistrusted Celestine blamed her for reminding him of all the terrible that has happened in his life. He was doing perfectly fine until she came around, and a single tear was shed "Why me?" he asked softly, and a single tear went down his cheek "Why did this have to happen to me?" another tear, and now he was starting to speak louder "What did I ever do to deserve this kind of life?" those feelings really were starting to hurt right now, and Micah just needed to vent them out. Normally, he would of just cried while venting himself, but he wasn't going to do that anymore. Celestine was here to help him, and he would be dammed if he wasn't going to at least try to accept her help "I know that I said I am fine with being alone, but it hurts so much. I haven't even spoken with my friends in over three months, and my only form of social interaction is an online forum, but that can only do so much. I never quite noticed how that can take a toll on one's mental status until today, and I feel like I am going crazy because of it," his voice was riddled his sobs and sniffles as he vented his feelings.

"All because of that fucking woman!" Micah normally never cursed, but that was his feelings of anger coming out "I wish that I would of just listened to my friend, and maybe I could of met a woman by now. Maybe I would be married right now, and maybe I would have two little tykes running around the house right now. But I don't all because I was blinded by my own love for a woman who turned out to be a royal bitch," he sprang up, and looked at Celestine with a mixture of fear, sadness, and anger on his face alongside all the tears in his eyes, and streaks on his cheeks "I thought God was supposed to be this kind being who wanted to give people a good life, but all I got was a slap in the face, degrading names, and a shitty life. Now does that even seem fair to you? I have done nothing but good throughout my entire life, and yet I wind up afraid of women, and living alone while sometimes thinking about suicide. So why me? Why couldn't this have happened to someone else, or just not happened at all?"

Though the kitchen may have perhaps been a bad room to choose, she didn't want to seem more nosy by wandering around his place and winding up in a different room and thus making him more anxious than he already was. Ah well, she could make do with this room for now. Hearing the suggestion that looking more human might be more wise, she nodded and made the wings vanish once again. She took sips every now and again, remaining quiet so that Micah could focus on the TV, his thoughts, whatever he desired. But right now, she was pretty damn certain his focus wouldn't be upon her just yet. That was fine and understanding -- she'd all but forced herself into his life. Celestine wouldn't expect him to even look at her in a friendlier light until the time was more correct; and that wasn't now. Or she didn't think so at least.

By the time he began speaking to himself, she couldn't help but listen. It definitely hadn't been to seem as if eavesdropping, but there was almost no distance between them in the two rooms. It was .. rather inevitable to not hear him. Her head lowered and heart sank as each word caught her ears. Each landed upon her as if he'd slapped her roughly; and after a certain degree, she wouldn't blame him if he actually went through the actions.

Most people didn't think much on angels or how they came to be; but it meant they all used to be humans. Thus at one point in time, Celestine had walked upon the Earth normally and without wings. But her own life had been abruptly taken away. It was similar to Micah's, however, in certain aspects. The name likely hinted she had come from France. When she was seventeen, an arranged marriage had been revealed to her. But she wasn't the only reluctant party; her fiance wasn't much fond of the idea, being forced to wed in a rushed state. But he had sworn to her he found her attractive and lovely; just not the circumstances.

They'd met over the months - with or without their parents' consent - and tried to get to know one another before they were to be wed. Each day had seemed to get even more and more better. Now that she thought back, Celestine supposed she really should have read in between the lines; but she'd been too stupid and naive. The night before the wedding was to begin, the man had suggested to run away, still wanting more time to be with her and not yet shoved into a wed life. But he'd made an odd request; to get into her dress and bring her dowry with her, nothing more. Celestine hadn't questioned or thought of it and snuck out in the middle of the night to rendezvous with him.

But he, himself, wasn't there. Panic overtook her and she continued to call out for him, her head glancing around every now and again. And finally, when she'd least expected it, a loud bang echoed in the mostly dark streets. Red began to stain the pure white dress and before she could understand, her body fell forward. Out walked her fiance, who snatched the money and ran away.

Yes, Celestine had been fooled in the love department too and used like Micah had. By the time he came back into the kitchen, her own silent tears were streaming slowly down her face. Her own crying fit, though, was likely to be a bit less in amount compared to poor Micah's. Her head slowly shook no, raven locks moving from side to side as she made eye contact with him. She definitely wanted to hug him by now ... but wouldn't push her luck. "It isn't fair." She finally replied, tears continuing to slowly trail down.

"I can't speak or say I know why. But between you and me ... I've often questioned his judgment myself many times before. Not just with myself, but with others like you. I don't understand it myself. I meant it when I said I had to convince him quite a bit to even try to help you out. Otherwise ... he wouldn't have allowed it and, from what I could gather, send anyone else. But it didn't seem right to watch you fall into despair, out of grace. So I did all I could to make sure he'd agree. I meant it when I said I really am sorry ... but more than that, I truly do want to work on your future being better than it has been in a while."

It'd been ... years since tears overtook her like this. It wasn't the original way she had hoped to try to begin to convince Micah, but maybe if he saw and heard her own tears - something she knew Sara hadn't done after her act - it would help him wake up, per se?

Micah had never seen a woman cry before unless it was in a movie. Most of the time they seemed all happy and bubbly, or complete bitches who just yelled a lot. At first, Celestine was just that happy bubbly woman that he saw most of the time, but here she was; crying right in front of him. Before the whole thing with Sara, he often had a fantasy of something bad happening in her life, and she came to him to not just have someone to talk to, but to cry on his shoulder as well. Seeing Celestine crying like that made him want to reach out, hug her, and let her cry on his shoulder like he had always wanted. He very nearly did it too, but his hand quickly retracted after he realized what he was doing, looked away, and took a few steps back from her "S-Sorry that I made you c-cry," there was a tissue box next to her, and he pushed it towards her a little before making his way back to the couch. He hadn't realized it at the time, but Micah had actually made progress in overcoming his fear of women. He would of never even thought about, or even almost touched a woman until he saw Celestine crying, and thought about his fantasy with Sara once again.

Another milestone, for him at least, was that thinking about Sara in that way didn't hurt him and remind him about the horrible start of his life. Another thing he didn't quite realize was the flash in his own fantasy. For just a split second, he saw Celestine instead of Sara, but didn't notice it. Though, her crying did make him realize one thing about women, and that was that they aren't all horrible people who have no feelings, and only want to hurt people. Celestine may be an angel, and needs to be nice, but he knew that she was once a human as well. He also knew that she had to be good in order to get into heaven, and become an angel, so maybe he could trust her a little more. Still not enough to do as much as he would like, but it would definitely be an improvement.

Just to test things out, he looked behind himself, and found that he didn't quite get scared that she was in the same house as him as he was before. There was still a small hint of it, yet that made him happy. A part of him wanted to thank her, and normally he would just called himself stupid, and forgot about it a few seconds later. Now? Micah looked away from her, but smiled to himself "C-C-Celestine? T-Th-Thanks..." his voice trailed off, but he made even more progress that day than he had ever done on his own. All thanks to the angel that decided he shouldn't be alone anymore.

Micah got up from the couch as it was starting to get rather late "I-I don't know if you need to s-sleep or not, but the couch is a p-pull out bed. J-Just make sure you put pressure on the top left corner, or it gets stuck halfway down. If it does, just kick the bottom of the bed, and b-be sure to hold it back as it will fall p-pretty hard, and let it down gently," he told her good night before making his way into his bedroom to get ready for bed. When he was sure she was sleeping, or just wasn't listening, Micah reached for his laptop; however, he stopped himself halfway through. Since he could never have sex with a woman, but had sexual urges. He had to resort to pleasuring himself to help with that, but he always felt bad afterwards since it made him feel like he was degrading women like that. As much as he wanted to make them feel the same pain that Sara made him feel, he just couldn't feel right doing it, but it felt so good that he kept doing it only to hate himself afterwards.

Tonight, tonight would be different though, and he pulled his pants back up as he just crawled under the covers, and focused solely on going to sleep.

Even with him not going through with allowing her to use his shoulder, Celestine noted the verbal reactions all the same. It definitely hadn't at all been her original plan .. but finally, progress was being made. It was enough to make her smile softly and calm down. "N-no ... it's fine." Taking some of the tissues, she wiped her face dry, removing any and all tears. "You know ... we're not so different. But I'll explain later." A hand went in front of her mouth as a low yawn left. It'd been a hell of an exhausting night. Her wings would likely reappear during her sleep, but only due to not being able to focus as well while unconscious. She figured it'd be fine though. This still did seem like a small place where few to none break-ins happened. That'd likely be the worst and only time where her taking that risk would truly be a bad idea.

Until then, she'd go with her instincts. Even if not as much as a human, she did still need rest. But .. where to go? She guessed and assumed the couch but would wait to hear a clarification first. She didn't want to be wrong and look silly, after all. There was at least one obvious 'no' answer and that was with him.

Her head bowed as she leaned gently against the door frame of the kitchen, barely still in it by the time he finally thanked her; the true and first sign of genuine progress. "You're welcome. Thank you though for being honest with yourself and letting me go through with this. The worst person to lie to is yourself." While she did note the instructions for making the couch a bed, it all honestly sounded complicated to her. Then again, in a tired state like this, she probably was over-thinking easily. "Not as much, no. But we still do, yes."

Waiting for him to leave the living room, Celestine finally headed over to the couch herself. Now seemed the most appropriate time to use her abilities, even if only briefly. Her eyes glowed for a few seconds as her divine sight took over. Glancing around, she found one of the closets had some spare blankets. After a few blinks and making her eyes normal-looking again, she headed to the same door and quietly opened it, grabbing a quilt and lying upon the couch. Covering herself mostly up with the quilt, her eyes lied upon one of the pillows already provided. It was small though her own frame didn't need much to begin with.

Her eyes closed and slowly, Celestine felt sleep begin to overtake her. It was odd at first; she'd nearly forgotten how it felt to do so whilst as a human. The experience was definitely worthwhile but now she was wishing more and more to be alive again. And there was only one way ... but she didn't yet want to resort to such tactics. If the push came to that sort of shove, she'd do so within the appropriate time. Until then, she'd keep her angelic form. The knowledge that this was working, that Micah was indeed making progress towards the right path made her smile widen more and finally, she gave into the temptation and fell asleep, her chest slowly rising and falling.

(Feel free to go more than 1 day after if you wish)

Micah slept peacefully for the first time in his life, and not a single nightmare played in his head. For once, he had a good dream about an unknown woman living with him, and they had a little daughter of their own. Because of that, he woke up the next morning in a better mood than most, and was ready to face the new day.

Three days later, Micah had already made some good progress in that short amount of time. Celestine didn't scare him any more, and he could be a little closer to her than her used to be. He was still scared to touch her, or to let her touch him, but they could be somewhat close to each other, and he would be just fine. Hell, she could even sit on the couch with him as long as she maintained a distance between them. The stuttering that would happen when he spoke to her had almost disappeared, and didn't come up much anymore unless it was something that would instill more trust in her. It was the morning, and they had figured out a few little things about each other. Both of them enjoyed cooking, and he told her that he might think about letting her cook with him. For the time being though, they had agreed to alternate between who cooks for the day. Today, it was Micah's turn, and he made them a rather delicious breakfast "Celestine! Breakfast is ready," he set down a plate of toast with butter and jelly, bacon, eggs, an orange, and a glass of milk for them.

He sat down at the table, and waited until she had sat down, and took a bite. Before his father had ran out on them, he taught Micah a secret about the males in their family. All of them loved to cook, and he also taught Micah how to cook as well. He was an amazing chef, and Micah soon followed him in footsteps when he was only sixteen years old. Most of the time, his own family would ask him if he would cook some meals for them at reunions and such. He always said yes as he enjoyed cooking, and followed many rules of a chef. One of them was that he couldn't start eating until all of his guests ate first "S-So, did I make a good breakfast?" he asked, after she took her first bite.

Even before her untimely demise, Celestine had never been one to dream much if at all But that night, she had one. It'd seemed impossible and confused her slightly. But she saw herself actually having a future --- with a genuine lover and a family. There was only one way this could even begin to happen and even that would come with a number of risks. To lose her angelic status and try to become a human again .. she could very well die. Celestine had woken up with a start as the dream ended, glanced around, and sobbed softly - literally crying herself back to sleep. She'd never felt so torn on a decision before; they'd been so easy. Even in the past when she'd wanted to help, she had never felt the desires and urges get as strong as they had thus far. It terrified her to some degrees. What would happen if this all went so very wrong? She didn't want to think of it.

In the next three days, she explained to Micah why they were similar, of her own story as her human and the heartbreak she'd endured. The terms were simple enough and she had no qualms agreeing with alternating between cooking or anything for that matter. He may not have included it originally, but she self-appointed chores to be included in the deal. But another thing she'd noted was the progress he continued to make. The stuttering was down to a minimum and they'd been able to make head way on being able to be physically closer. Well, somewhat anyways. She could be on the same surface and even in the same room as Micah without him panicking or worse. Not only did this seem to be working but at an even better pace than Celestine could have imagined. To say she was content by now was quite the understatement.

Taking her seat across from Micah, she bowed her head silently in thanks first before taking a bite of the eggs. Another nod left her head as she gave Micah a smile. "Yes, very much so. Is .. this city where you were born and raised?" She wouldn't push for a reply if it seemed too personal. To her, it didn't sound like this was the case. But she knew he wasn't completely used to her just yet. Celestine had given him three days easily enough; if needed, she would extend it to three years. Though with how smoothly this was going, she didn't expect it to. But there was a chance for quite literally everything, and thus the angel would leave any and every possibility open.

She'd yet to reveal all that had been going through her mind; partly because even she wasn't sure on doing it just yet. But more than that, there was no sense in causing him to have an anxiety attack over something she may end up changing her mind over. Only when Celestine was 1000% sure on giving up her status would she even bring it up. Until then ... it would remain deep in her thoughts. Was it a bit unfair? Definitely. But she wasn't lying; just not revealing a thought. Hopefully he wouldn't hate her for that when the time came ... if it even did.

Micah was quite pleased to hear someone other than his family compliment him on his cooking. He didn't care much that it was a female angel who had appeared to him only four days ago. As it was the first time anyone besides his family had complimented him on his cooking, and a part of him always believed they were just saying such to make him happy "I'm glad you like it, but this is just breakfast. You have only gotten a taste of what I can really cook, so just wait until dinner," he told her with a bright smile on his face. Now he began eating, and they ate in silence until Celestine asked him if this was the city he was born and raised in "Yes and no," he said, feeling comfortable enough with her to reveal his place of birth "I was born in Texas actually, but my family moved here when I was three months old. Kinda wished they had stayed in Texas though because I love the Texan accent," a small chuckle came from his lips as he said that, and went back to eating his breakfast. It was in silence again as Micah didn't have any questions for her that hadn't already been answered in the four days they have been together.

Though he did start thinking about what she had told him yesterday; about her past. He thought it was odd for him to feel this, but he actually felt sorry that she got betrayed like he did, yet suffered more. He was just humiliated, and made afraid of women, but she was betrayed by her fiancé and killed. It was truly a sad thought, but there was nothing that he could do for her. That was long ago before even his grandparents were born, and neither of them had any ability to turn back the clock. Hearing that did make him trust her just a wee bit more because an angel wouldn't lie about something like that, and he knew that angels were just people on earth who died and were good in their life.

He finished his breakfast first, and placed his dishes in the sink as he hadn't bought a dishwasher yet since his current budget didn't allow it. Then he remembered something that he had to do today, and it was something that Celestine could actually help him with "Hey...um...Celestine? I have to go shopping today, and I-I kinda want to know i-if you could do s-something for me. I-Is it possible for y-you to m-make sure I get a f-f-female cashier? I-I normally try to find a male one if possible, but I go towards the old women if I can't find one. T-They don't scare me much, b-but my r-request is if you can make me get a younger w-w-woman. Around my age preferably."

"Sometimes the simplest pleasures in life are the best. Still, I'll take your word on that and wait." She reassured, standing up and heading into the living room. Due to having come down with literally nothing but herself, she had at least been using her abilities religiously to alter her clothing when needed. The trip had been mentioned yesterday and as much as Celestine loved her dress, it'd look silly to go out in such temperatures with it on. That alone could easily get eyebrows raised if not more. And she was trying to remain discreet on her actual identity, like Micah had requested. Though even without the kind suggestion, she would have herself. He'd gotten lucky to be spoiled with such knowledge. But he would have been informed eventually, anyways. Other humans? Nope. None needed to know. And thus this would mean doing any and everything to make herself seem like she was still one.

Her eyes glanced down at herself, still trying to determine an exact outfit as Micah's reply caught her ears. A small smile crossed her face. "Maybe when the time's right, you can make a trip down there? To visit or even move? I was born and raised in Rouen, France ... though the name probably already hinted something about a French heritage, huh?" He'd likely put two and two together; he was smart enough. But more than that, Celestine didn't want to come off as rude, especially when he was making so much progress. It'd only ruin all she'd worked so hard for along with his steadily growing self-esteem.

The request was ... a bit odd. She hadn't quite expected it but her head glanced up in thought. "Hm ... I'll see what I can end up doing." The closest she could literally do without giving herself away would be to guide him and the basket towards the destination he'd requested. But using her abilities to do this? Out of the question. It was way too risky. There were only rumors but it was enough to make any angel anxious. But just as there were hunters, especially demon and vampire - despite being boasted of in media sources like TV, anime, manga, etc. - some actually did claim to willingly seek out other exotic races. And angels were included. As curious as Celestine was, she didn't want to find out the hard way either. It ... wouldn't likely be pleasant, she doubted.

Finally, she nodded, figuring out what to do in terms of a new outfit. Her eyes closed and a bit of light seemed to wrap around the dress, remaining there for a few moments. When it faded completely away, she was now clad in jeans, sneakers, a tank top with a heavy sweater over it. Taking a glance outside, she nodded and figured this should suffice. Walking back into the kitchen, she gave Micah a nod. "I'm ready but ... how exactly are we going to get there?" She knew that must have sounded like one of the stupidest questions in the world, but she hadn't ever really seen him use a car or any other real mode of transportation before. Unless ... she'd been glancing down at the wrong times?

Not that a walk would be bad, but she did prefer to know things - no matter how small they may seem - ahead of time.

Micah smiled at her as she said that she would see what she could do. He really didn't care much if she used her angelic powers or not, but he would most likely be scared half to death if he tried to do this alone. Even if she was right there with him, he was going to be stuttering his way through the entire thing, and shaking in absolute fear. He did realize how much progress, and perhaps this could be a test as to how far he has truly come; however, it also might be too much of a test for him now, and he would chicken out before he even got to the cashier. A silent sigh came from his lips at that thought, but he was determined to at least try. Otherwise, he might as well just give up on getting over his fear, and cry in a corner. He just finished doing the dishes when Celestine changed her clothing, and a faint blush came to his face. This was going to be another first for him as he normally didn't blush around him unless it was to show how frightened he was, or how embarrassed he was. Oh no, this blush was because he thought she looked rather cute. He would never admit such though, and just kept silent.

Micah turned his attention back to her, however, when she asked just how they would get there "By car. I live out in the country, Celestine, so I am not about to walk or bike everywhere I go. Of course, I do also own a motorcycle, but the weather is much too cold to even think about riding it," he chuckled, but a fleeting thought of perhaps taking her for a ride someday did cross his mind; however it didn't stay for long. He was already dressed, so he just put on a jacket, picked up his keys, and motioned for Celestine to follow him as he led her out to his car. Once they were both inside, he started the engine, and started off towards the town. The trip was in silent for the most part, but Micah decided to let her in a little more information about him "You are probably wondering why a guy like me owns a motorcycle, huh?" he chuckled "I actually tried f-fixing my women problem myself about a m-month after my mother died. I thought that getting one would help me feel more confident around w-women. As you can probably tell, it d-didn't work, but I do take it out sometimes just to ride around. It's actually quite relaxing, and sometimes helps me to think," he didn't tell her about his earlier thought as he wasn't quite that comfortable with her yet, but it definitely came back to his head.

They reached the supermarket now, and Micah found a parking spot. He didn't do this before, and it was yet another first for him, but he got out of the car, and quickly walked over to the passenger side before opening the door for Celestine. It was obvious that this was a first for him because of how much he was shaking, and how his cheeks were competely flushed. Still, he thought that he needed to do this as just another step in getting over his fear of women. With that all taken care of, he headed into the store with her, and just did his shopping. He talked with her sometimes, but it was still mainly in silence as always. Soon enough, it came time to check-out, and already Micah was scared out of his mind. There was a female cashier just about his age like he wanted, but he couldn't go down the aisle. It was like his legs weren't working "Celestine...I-I-I'm...I-I-I c-c-can't d-d-do t-t-this..."

Back
Top Bottom