Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Every offer has a hook ((DTD and Kiko))

Kikora

Banned
Banished
Teyha panted softly to herself, finally slowing from her run. She leaned heavily against the side of one of the tall buildings, hesitantly glancing around her in an attempt to understand exactly where it was she ran to. It had been little over a week since she ran from her home, deciding that the uncertainty of the world was a better option than the absolute knowledge of what would happen there.

But her trip was poorly planned, with few provisions and barely enough money to last her a few short days. She had run out of both her food and funds the day before last, and her situation was only growing more desperate. The economy had hit a low in the last few years, jobs were becoming hard to find. For an underage young woman with no identification... There was no hope at all. While there were homeless shelters in the city she was a runaway, and even with her hair cropped short and darkened to an inky black, eventually they would learn her identity and send her back to her family... An option that made her give a low shudder.

She sighed softly, and sank down against the wall of the complex, watching as the sun disappeared behind the buildings in front of her. A few more hours and it would be night... And she was not sure how safe the city was after dark.

Thomas Kincade enjoyed the city. He’d lived there all his life and made a place for himself in it. The sights, the sounds, the people, all of it thrilled him so he’d never left. A successful banking investor, he had made his wealth early and now just dabbled in the investment world, keeping his wealth steady and running a few businesses here and there. His wealth allowed him to have a large house in the city – some would call it a mansion – but it was empty. He had no servants, shying away from hired help because he found that what he wanted, hired help couldn’t provide. He sighed and moved down the sidewalk, lost in thought.

He saw the foot seconds before he tripped on it, cursing as he stumbled in his steps, finally crashing to the ground. On his hands and knees, his face perilously close to the concrete, he swore again then slowly climbed to his feet and turned around, prepared to yell at the person whose feet he tripped over. He stopped before the words left his mouth though, intrigued by what he saw. She appeared to be an older teenager with dark black hair cut short and wearing clothes that hid her figure. From her condition, it looked like she might have fallen on hard times….or was running from something. That thought made him smile because he liked what he saw and could use her situation to his advantage.

He glanced down at her and smiled. “I’m so sorry Miss” he said, kneeling down. “I didn’t see you there.” He cocked his head at her. “You look like you could use some help. Is everything ok?” He watched her, waiting for a response and when he did, something else caught his eye. A spark at the edge of his vision. He looked closer, using his inner vision and what he saw sent a spark shooting through him. She had magic. Strong magic. That knowledge made him grin because he had a secret, a secret no one knew. Thomas Kincade was a wizard also, a very strong one. He held out his hand to the young woman, letting her know he was no threat. “I’m Thomas Kincade. I live here in the city. Perhaps I can help you.”

Teyha had managed to fall asleep there in the street, her leg outstretched before her as she slept. Nearly an hour passed like that, with her passed out in the streets, not seeing the dark haired man walking past her, obviously not paying complete attentions to his surroundings. His foot struck her leg, and Teyha bolts up, quickly drawing back the limb as she gave a groan of pain.

The man cursed, stumbled, and eventually falling. He landed hard on his knees, catching himself with his hands before his face hit the pavement. He climbed back to his feet, still swearing, and Teyha watched with wide eyes, sure he would shout at her for blocking his way. Surprisingly, he paused when he saw her, and a smile spread across his face. She tilted her head slightly, raising a brow at his quick mood change, and watched as he knelt down.

"No no, I was blocking the streets." She said quickly, waving a hand as if to dismiss his apology. It really was her fault after all, she was easy to overlook, and had she been smart she would have ducked between the buildings to sleep anyway, out of the way of those passing by who could literally trip over her.

When he offered his aid, she froze for a moment, and stared. Who would offer to aid someone they barely knew? It seemed almost too good to be true, and as he extended his hand she had to wonder if there was some other motive for him to want to help her... And then she sensed it. Her eyes grew wide when she felt a spark of magic flowing through him, flooding her senses with it's power. He was a wizard, one whose raw talent dwarfed her own, and she was far from a weak witch herself.

"Hello Mr. Kincade." Teyha finally responded, clasping his hand in a quick shake. With this new bit of information she had to assume that it was her magical gifts he was interested with. It was not an uncommon practice for an older magic user to take in an untrained one, particularly if they were in danger of revealing their powers to the world. Exposure was not something the magical community wanted, out of fear of persecution for their gifts. She glanced around once at the people passing, and frowned slightly, her voice lowering. "Perhaps it would be wiser to discuss this in private?"

He watched her eyes widen and knew she’d felt his magic, or at least the part he let her see; he’d been trained early on to always hold back a little of what he was so that he’d be able to surprise people if necessary later. He showed her most of it though and it was enough to let her know he was more powerful. He was counting on that in fact. He shook her hand quickly, watching emotions flow across her face, emotions she probably didn’t realize she was showing.

He cocked his head at her suggestion, a quirk to his lips. Clearly, she thought his interest in her was because of her magic….and that was partly true. It just wasn’t the only reason. Given that thought though, her suggestion made sense. He glanced around, seeing no one around them at that moment. “There’s a café nearby – Café Latte – that’s semi-private. We can talk further there. Follow me.” He stood then and turned, knowing that she would follow him without reservation.

Her light grey eyes met his, reflecting only sincere trust in him. For all that happened in her past Teyha could be a naïve child, and for the most part she wanted to believe that those who offered their aid honestly meant it. Besides, she reminded herself, what other motive could he have for wanting to speak with her? He looked like a well to do man, she doubted he’d want anything she had on her, he was far more powerful in magic than she was so he couldn’t possibly see her as a threat… And even when her mind turned to the possible reasons why a man could want to aid a woman, she couldn’t help but to push away the thoughts.

She never thought of herself as an attractive woman. She wrote off her past abuse as a matter of convenience, rather than true lust for her body. On top of that, she went to lengths to hide what physical beauty she might have. Her once long red hair she had cropped into short black ringlets hung disheveled around her face. Her soft grey eyes, normally slightly clouded by a dreamy gaze as she imagined a brighter future for herself, were half hidden behind the locks. She didn’t wear any kind of make-up to enhance her features, though some would argue her clear and creamy complexion and dark lashes added enough emphasis on their own. Even her wardrobe was picked to keep eyes off her petite figure, the curves of blossoming womanhood hidden away under layers of excessively loose clothing.

No man would find her attractive enough to pay attention to, not at a glance in any case. Besides… She looked up at the man’s face again, watching as he turned away. Even she had to admit he was a handsome man, strong features, smart and sharp eyes, and dark hair that was combed back neatly… If he wanted a woman, he could take his pick, why waste his energy on her?

With renewed confidence in her new course of action, Teyha turned to follow. “A café?” She asked softly, not bothering to reach for her wallet, knowing it would be empty.

He glanced over his shoulder, confirming that she was following. “Yes, a café” he answered back. “You look like you could use a good meal and I’m hungry myself so it will be my treat. We can eat and talk further, without fear of prying ears and eyes.” He was well known at Café Latte, frequenting it regularly, and knew that getting a private table away from the rest of the people would not be a problem. He headed down the sidewalk, listening to the cadence of her footsteps behind him, a little smile on his face. Already she was beginning to follow his direction and they’d only just met.

He rounded a corner, slowing as the Café came into view. The café took up two storefronts in size and had a nice awning leading into it. There was a seating area outside, fenced in, and a door that led into a darker interior. He slowed until Tehya had reached his side, then put his hand on the small of her back and steered her into the open doorway. A gentleman stood behind a podium, looking at them.

“Ah, Mr. Kincade, how good it is to see you again. Will it be your usual table then?”
Thomas smiled. “It’s good to see you too Frederic. Yes, my usual table will work fine for my friend and I. Follow Frederic, Tehya” he said, motioning for her to follow the man. As she did as she was told, Thomas followed, glancing around the restaurant and taking in the other patrons. Some he knew, some he didn’t. When they reached a table in the far back corner, Thomas thanked Frederic. “Go ahead and take a seat Tehya” he said, motioning her into the other booth. He then sat across from her, sliding a menu to her. “You can order anything off the menu that you’d like” he said. As she studied the menu, he sat back and studied her. She was young – late teens perhaps – and though she tried to hide it, she was attractive. Short dark black hair, arresting grey eyes, and a creamy complexion. She was wearing baggy clothes so he couldn’t get a sense of her figure but she was petite, that much was clear.

When she set the menu down, he waved the waiter over and they placed their orders. Once he was gone, he cast a small spell to create a soundproof barrier around their table and then leaned forward. “So, Tehya…..” he began, staring into her eyes. “It’s clear you’re running from something. And it must be bad if you didn’t use your magic to fix it.” He reached out and put his hand over hers, squeezing it lightly before letting it go. “Tell me about it so I can help.”

Teyha was used to following instruction, it was something she had done her entire life, so when the man instructed her to follow, she didn’t think twice before complying. She stayed at his heels as he walked, her head bowed slightly in a submissive act she rarely consciously thought about doing. Soon, Kincade paused before a café, and Teyha stared for a moment. It was the kind of upscale restaurant that she never actually entered herself, not even when living with her family. Was this where he planned to take her? She couldn’t help but to glance down at herself as he steered her inside, her worn and baggy clothing was dusty was travel, and while she took care to keep herself clean, she knew she must look a wreck… Especially next to the crisp and well groomed man who was leading her inside.

But the promise of food kept her from protesting, even when the menu was set before her, and she nearly dropped her jaw at the prices. Magic user or not… Who spent this much money on a meal for someone they only just met? She would have been content to go to a fast food restaurant… But this was above and beyond! “Are you sure?” She asked quietly.

“I wouldn’t have brought you if I wasn’t. Order anything you want, my dear.” He responded, and Teyha nodded slowly, her eyes never leaving the menu.

“I suppose, if you’re sure…” She took another glance; trying to find something that looked good without making her wonder if they mixed gold into the food to justify the price. “The roast chicken?” She decided at last, and set down the menu. Thomas simply nodded, motioning for the server, and placed the order without another thought.

Teyha smiled slightly, before she sensed his magic, and glanced around as he erected the soundproof barrier, his hand moving forward to cup hers gently. Her eyes widened at the contact, and she pulled back a second before he released her, folding her arms on the table in front of her as a low tremor ran through her body. She always shied away from physical contact, a nervous habit of hers borne from her abuse. “My magic’s not well trained.” She told him softly after a moment, figuring it was useless to try to protest she was running. “And useless in this case…”

Thomas grinned as Teyha snatched her hand back from underneath his so quickly she almost knocked her glass off the table. He watched her shiver from the contact, her lithe body rocking a little as she folded her arms in front of her. Clearly, at some point in her life, she had been abused…or learned to hate contact with another. Something he would fix over time. That thought brought a smile to his lips as he watched her.

He heard her words, his head cocked slightly to the side and listened carefully. What she said was true, her magic wasn’t well trained at all. He could sense that with every moment he spent in her company, feeling the ebbs and flows of her magic coursing through her body, unshielded and untamed. “I can help you with your magic” he murmured softly, letting some of his flow out and calm hers briefly. “To teach you how to shield it and control it so you aren’t a walking billboard for anyone with the gift.”

He took a sip of his water then, thinking about how best to approach the next part of his offer. “I’m sorry you were abused by someone close to you” he murmured, keeping his voice low. Though she didn’t tell him that, all the signs were there for him to see. She was on the run which was clearly obvious. She made herself look unattractive, wearing baggy clothes and a manlike haircut, so as not to attract attention and she couldn’t stand the touch of another. She had definitely been abused at some point in her past and probably by someone more powerful than her. “I can help you harness your magic so that it won’t be useless the next time someone hurts you.” He sat back then and watched her. “All I ask for in return is your companionship. My gift separates me from most in the city but not from you. No, you and I share something, a bond deeper than family. In return for staying with me, I can offer you security, education, food, and so much more. I have a house in the city and more funds than I could possibly need in my lifetime. I’ll gladly share it all with you in exchange for your companionship. Think about it. Never having to run, to hide, to worry about who’s chasing you. If I were in your shoes, I can’t think of anything better.” He quieted then, letting her absorb all that he had said, waiting for her answer.

Teyha felt slightly guilty for pulling away, sure she had offended the man who offered her a fine meal. Especially when the man continued talking, smiling at her as he gave an offer she would be a fool to refuse, lessons in the control of her magic. Hers was limited, to say the least, and focused almost entirely on casting shields, and healing injury. While these skills were useful, he was right in saying she made herself stand out by her inexperience, unable to hold back her potential to avoid the notice of other magic users.

Before she could respond, he was giving her a sympathetic smile, and without any other hint than her slight withdraw moments before… He managed to name the reason for her distress, and she couldn’t help but to pull back again, a shocked look on her face. Was she so easy to read? Yes her recoil was a more obvious sign of her discomfort, but surely it didn’t reveal that much of her history? Perhaps he was a mind reader of sorts, she concluded after a moment, finally settling back with a contemplative look on her face as he continued to speak.

After a few moments her expression began to change again, eyes widening as she listened to the proposition. He offered her everything she could want, a home, a teacher, a chance for the new start she was looking for when she left. Would he really give it all to her, for just her company. “Why offer so much?” She asked after a moment, shifting slightly in her seat, “There are many witches who are in need of homes…. Why offer so much to me?”

Thomas watched the range of emotions spread across her face, starting with shock, then excitement and ending with caution. She was very easy to read when one took the time to notice and he found that very intriguing. He wondered what emotions he’d be able to bring out in her in the coming days, weeks, and months and just the thought of what he might be able to accomplish brought a smile to his lips. But, first he had to convince her to join him, and that would be no easy task for this waif was emotionally scarred, frightened, tired, and wary, all at the same time.

When she asked her question, he pursed his lips but did not respond right away, instead taking a moment to sip his drink while glancing off into the restaurant, completely ignoring her at first. After a few minutes had past, he turned back to her then glanced down at his watch as if to say “I have better things to do then sit here with you”. He watched the minute hand of his watch spin through one rotation before looking back up and leaning forward. “To you, it is much” he said, his voice silky “but to me, it is little. You look like you could use some help and I am lonely. It seemed like a simple enough arrangement to me.” He paused then, glancing down at his watch again before looking back at her. “But, as you say, there are other witches who are in need of homes. Perhaps one of them would be more appreciative of my offer. Let us eat our meal and then I shall let you be on your way.” He turned to look back out over the crowd in the café, completely dismissing her from his sight, waiting for the food to arrive.

Though he was facing away from the table, he could see her out of his peripheral vision and was waiting to see what kind of reaction his words brought. To be wanted was a powerful thing and he had just offered this girl the very thing she ached for – freedom, safety, and the need to feel wanted. Would the threat of pulling all that out of her reach be enough for her to throw her caution to the wind? He thought so but he had been wrong before. Just then, the waiter approached their table with a tray of food in hand and he turned back to her, glancing at her briefly. “Ah, our food arrives” he said, a smile on his lips. Then he added the final stab to her heart. “Let us enjoy this final meal between peers before we depart and go our separate ways.”

Teyha felt like her heart imploded when the man glanced down at his watched, and dismissed her so easily. Her eyes dropped to the table, frightened and alone once again as she shook, but the man didn’t seem to take notice, turning from her to gaze out into the crowd, easily pushing her from his mind. Her mind spun with possibilities. Perhaps he had chosen to extend this offer to her because trained witches knew to hide themselves? It was not as though he could search specifically for a witch, that would be dangerous for him… Maybe this was just a coincidence… A brief bit of luck in her life that she was so carelessly throwing away.

“Wait.. Please…” She started quietly, before he announced the food was arriving, and Teyha stared down at it as the waiter set the food in front of her. And when Kincade delivered his last attack, she thought she would be sick, desperate to not let this opportunity slip past her so carelessly.

“I could offer you company!” She blurted out, leaning forward towards him. “I’m sorry I was rude, I just… It seems like so much to offer… I want to make it fair, that is all!” She fidgeted slightly as she rushed to piece together ways she could be useful to the powerful wizard, “I can cook, clean… As well as keep you from being lonely, if you give me a chance, I just want to pull my weight… Wont you reconsider Mr. Kincade, please?”

As the words came stumbling out of the waif’s mouth, Thomas had to hide his smile. The panic was clear in her pleading tone, the fear that he was truly going to walk away from her and leave her alone and on the run again. Like a finally tuned violin, all he had to do was pluck the right strings to make her music flow. Little did she know that he never had any intention of walking away from her. She was too fine a catch to waste and he was already excited thinking about all the uses he’d find for her.

That said, he wasn’t ready to let her off the hook yet. He glanced at her, studying her face for a moment, still amazed at how pretty she was despite all of her efforts to bury her looks. Her short black locks framed her face well, hiding her eyes when she wanted them too. In her panic, her eyes had narrowed and her lips had thinned, but neither took away from her beauty. He glanced at his watch again, then tapped his fingers on the table as he closed his eyes in contemplation. Finally he opened them and started cutting up his meat, eating a piece carefully, savoring the taste.

“Mmm, this is good. Very good” he murmured. Pointing to her food he added “Eat up girl. Don’t let it go to waste. I’m paying good money to feed you. You should be thankful for that.” He knew his words would sting her but that was part of his plan. He ate in silence for a bit, completely ignoring her as if he hadn’t heard her words. Finally, he put his fork down and stared at her. “Reconsider?” he asked, repeating her word. “I don’t know Teyha. You clearly didn’t like my offer when it was made. Why should I believe you now? I mean, if I was going to train you, I’d expect a certain amount of cooperation from you in return and clearly you’re reluctant to provide that. Perhaps it’s for the best if I don’t.” He took a sip of his drink then, watching her.

Teyha watched quietly as the man seemed to ignore her, tapping his fingers and checking his watch again before he slowly began to eat, mumbling softly as to the taste. Would he really just abandon her because of one out of place comment? After offering so much, could her simple hesitation had left her back where she began?

It was how she always was, careful and well planned, not taking risks without thinking her options through. Maybe this degree of attention to her own actions held her back, keeping her from finding new ways to survive because she was too focused on the old ways. A bit of impulse might help her more, she reasoned, and really, she had no reason to distrust the man. He had been nothing but kind and giving; it was no wonder at all that he felt offended when she threw it all back in his face.

So, when he mentioned the food she winced, but picked up her fork, cutting at a piece of her own chicken to eat as she listened to the rest of what he had to say. It really was delicious, and she gave him a thankful ((If slightly nervous)) smile as she chewed. Once he was finished she continued to cut for a moment, carefully considering her answer. “If you’ll excuse my rudeness, I’ll be a dedicated student.” Teyha said after a moment, glancing up at him shyly with the plea still evident in her eyes. “I promise I’ll follow every order, obey every instruction… Please Mr. Kincade? I’ll do my best not t offend you again, I was… I was just surprised you would want to help me…” She paused, and looked down, watching her hands fidget nervously with the hem of her coat. “I want a home. I don’t want to be alone in this city…. I’m just not used to people wanting to help me.”

Thomas watched her carefully as she ate, well aware that his words were making her squirm. Teyha was a lost and lonely soul, on the run and out of options, and they both knew it. Her magic was flaring as her emotions churned inside of her and he fed off the turmoil he had caused. It was wonderful and heady and oh so delicious that he couldn’t help but pull a little of her magic into him then, just a little bit stolen from her to feed his own needs.

Her shy glance with pleading eyes made him laugh inside. She was so needy and worried and had absolutely no idea that he had just played her for all she was worth. The words tumbled out of her mouth, one after another like dominoes in a long line, promising him to follow every order, obey every instruction, and to not offend him again. To someone like him, those first two promises could be deadly if he were in the mood but that wasn’t what he wanted from this creature. No, from her he wanted a slave who would meet his every need. Only she didn’t know that and that’s just the way he liked it. Oh, he’d train her also, teach her a little of this and that in return for what he took, but the power would always be with him as her Master. Always.

When she finished speaking, he took a sip of his drink and studied her, letting her fidget nervously and look down in worry. He wanted her to stew a little, to fear that she had lost this opportunity. After a few moments, he finally set the glass down and leaned forward. “Ok, Teyha, I’ll give you a chance. Just one chance. You will follow every order and obey every instruction and if for any reason I feel like you aren’t holding up your end of the bargain, I will end our arrangement immediately. Is that clear?” He watched her carefully.

Teyha shifted again in the silence, slowly eating as she considered the possibility that he might turn away and leave her alone again. No money in this city meant almost certain death, or really much worst... She had the unfortunate luck of running across a prostitution ring in the last big city... Promising hundreds of dollars for little to no work.... Would those kinds of shady offers start to look appealing to her? Losing herself to a random "Customer" who paid the price for her body? Or would another witch or warlock find her? With darker intentions of using her magic for themselves?

She shook her head slightly, none of that was an option! She had to go with him, and watched his every move carefully as she ate, her hunger alone allowing her to taste the delicious flavor of the food. And when he accepted... She could have jumped up and hugged him! "Thank you!" She half cried, having to actually look down for a moment and take in a few deep breaths before her heart burst out of her chest. "I wont let you down, Mr. Kincade, I promise." She said after a few long seconds of composing herself.

She smiled now, her first honest smile since they met, and it lit up her face. A slight flush replaced where she went pale in the wait, and her light grey eyes shining brightly in the low light. "I wont need much, I promise, and I'll pull my weight, and be the ideal student! You wont have to kick me out, I swear." She continued, a light and relieved tone in her voice. "Thank you so much for this, I wont let you down."

Thomas kept a flat expression on his face when she cried out her thanks for this second chance he offered her but inside he was grinning like a mad man. He’d reeled her in hook, line, and sinker, knowing exactly how to play her. So young and naïve, his Teyha was, but that would all change in time. He watched her struggle to control her breathing and compose herself and waited, sipping his drink. He watched her through hooded eyes as she finally pulled herself together and finally met her gaze. “See that you don’t, Teyha” he answered. “I am a busy man and don’t make this offer lightly.”

When she smiled, Thomas’s eyes widened a little. She was radiant, her smile lighting up the table, and he was caught by surprise. He had known she was pretty – he could see through her attempts to hide her attractiveness – but he hadn’t realized just how pretty until that moment. His mouth suddenly went dry as he watched her eyes sparkle and her cheeks flush. Yes, she was very pretty indeed.

He nodded to her additional comments. “That’s good to hear Teyha. I would hate for you to disappoint me. I truly would.” He then concentrated on his food, slowly eating and drinking like it was any other meal. “Eat up” he said, nodding towards Teyha’s food. “I don’t have all day.” He kept his head down so she couldn’t see the small smile that graced his lips just then.

Thomas' expression remained neutral, but hers didn't, she kept smiling even when she launched back into her food. She ate happily, grinning up at Thomas every now and then. She truly enjoyed her food now, eating quicker, but still with a mind to her manners. "I know you're a busy man, I wont bother you too much." Teyha told him with another smile, "I tend to keep to myself a bit, and I'll be as helpful as I can, you don't have to worry."

After a minute she set down her fork with a happy sigh, feeling content after finishing a little over half of the food. "Thank you for the meal, Mr. Kincade." She said pleasantly, taking a quick sip of her drink before setting it to the side as well. "Thank you for everything."

Thomas watched her eat, her enthusiasm for their arrangement clear as day. He nodded when she spoke. “Oh, I won’t worry Teyha. You’ll either work out or you won’t. That will be up to you.” He slowly ate more of his food, enjoying the delicious flavor as it filled his mouth. “All up to you Teyha” he said, nodding lightly and then sipping his drink.

When she set down her fork and sighed, he saw how little food she had eaten and frowned. “You’re welcome Teyha. I see you didn’t finish your meal. That is fine for now but when you are at my place, I expect you to eat all of the food that I give you. I won’t have you wasting food and you must keep up your strength for practicing your magic.” He also thought the extra food would fill her small frame out a little but he didn’t add that tidbit. He finished off his food, cleaning his plate thorough, and set his napkin on the table. “Alright, Teyha. It’s time to head home. Let’s go.”

He stood then and dismissed the magic shield around their table and stepped away. He signaled the waiter and when he arrived, instructed him to put the meal on his tab per usual. When she joined him, he headed out and, once outside, signaled a cab for them. Soon they were on their way to his estate.

Teyha nodded, a little put off by how apathetic he was to whether she would stay with him or not. But she tried not to let that dent her enthusiasm as she watched him clean his plate. It took some will to not stare as he ate every morsel of food, and for a moment she wondered if he would pick his plate up to lick the rest off. "I'm not a big eater." She laughed lightly as he finally set the napkin down, and she stood with him. "But if that's your first order, I'll clean my plate from now on." She finished, watching as he pulled down his spell, amazed by how easy it was for him.

Teyha moved quietly to follow Thomas, and slid into her seat in the taxi, settling in comfortably to her seat across from him, shifting nervously as the door shut and the driver pulled away. She ducked her head slightly, glancing down at her hands as she twisted the hem of her jacket between her fingers, feeling slightly more awkward alone in the back of the cab with this man she barely knew, rather than in the public restaurant.

Shyly she glanced back up at him, meeting his eyes timidly. He really was handsome, peircing dark brown eyes, and strong facial features that she normally found she appreciated in men. He was well groomed, his somewhat long brown hair combed back away from his face . Even his clothes were tailored to fit his body perfectly... And she could only guess how she looked sitting next to him.

Thomas settled into the back of the cab, relaxing back against the seat, his body at ease with itself in the small confines. He quirked his lips as Teyha settled in across from him, their knees almost touching in the tight space. He had been pleased with her agreement that she would clean her plate from now on, an eagerness to please him clear in her demeanor. That was good, very good. It would make her more compliant when he gave her other orders. Or so he thought. He watched her play with the hem of her jacket and smiled. Her nervousness was palpable, flooding the interior of the cab with the bouncing energy.

When her eyes met his, trepidation hidden in them, he smiled, a radiant expression that brightened his face. Even in the darkness of the cab, her beauty was clear to him, if not to her. He knew, though, that her abusive past would have her edgy and withdrawn, slow to trust and awkward in behavior. He realized that she might be more work than he anticipated but he relished the challenge. He let his eyes wander over her slender frame, taking in the filth on her hands and face and the torn and battered look of her clothes and nodded.

“When we reach my estate, I will show you to your room and the bathroom that you will use. You are to shower immediately and put on the clothes I will lay out for you. Those things…” he motioned to the clothes she was wearing “…will need to be burned.” He looked out the window then, thinking further ahead in his plan. For now, Teyha would be given a separate room but one day, when the time was right, she would be forced to share his bed. For now, he’d take things slow. Looking back at her, he smiled. “I have grand plans for you Teyha, grand plans indeed.” He grinned at that comment, then leaned forward. “Your first lesson will begin tonight.” As he leaned back, he let his knee bump hers, lightly brushing against it.

As tense as Teyha was, Thomas was equally relaxed. While she sat straight in her seat, her demeanor frightened and anxious, he lounged, relaxing in the comfort of the cab seat. Indeed, she thought again, they were polar opposites.

But when she met his eyes he graced her with a smile, and couldn't help but to get slightly lost in his brilliance. His usual stern expression melted away, and Teyha found herself smiling back, slightly more at ease with his seeming friendlier and more open with her. His eyes flicked down across her, taking in the appearance of something, and he nodded before speaking.

His order was clear, and reasonable. Teyha glanced down and sighed, resisting the urge to brush dust off her jacket to pile onto the the cab floor. "I understand, Mr. Kincade." She said quietly, more than a little ashamed by her appearance. Her magic kept away the worst of it, she could use it in place of an actual shower to keep her body relatively clean and free of odor, but nothing compared to an actual shower... And truth be told Teyha was looking forward to a a nice hot shower. "So I'll be getting my own room then, Mr. Kincade?" She asked, an edge of hope in her voice as she smiled up at him, watching as he gazed out the window, and turned to smile at her, announcing when her lessons would begin.

"Grand plans...?" Teyha questioned, and tensed when she felt his knee brush against hers, a shiver running up her body. Her cheeks flushed dark as she felt him brush inwards towards her thigh, and her pulse quickened slightly. It lasted only a second, but she pressed her knees together all the same. Her eyes dropped to her hands again, and she swallowed hard, trying to avoid meeting his eyes as her mind took a turn again to the worst.

For all her outward innocence, her modesty and avoidance of intimacy... She had a very dirty mind indeed, and couldn't help but to imagine... The impossible. With a sigh she looked out the window. He didn't seem interested in her, she was just a homeless witch he took pity on, and even if he did would she? No... Her fantasies would always stay her own.

At that moment the cab slowed, and pulled to the side. She was so grateful for the distraction to pull her from her own mind before the redness in her cheeks announced where her thoughts had turned. "Straight to the shower?" She asked softly, unable to raise her eyes to his.

Thomas nodded as he heard Teyha agree to his demands regarding a shower and new clothing. She didn’t really smell and, though her clothes were worn they weren’t horrible, but making her feel a little smaller in that moment was a necessary part of his plan. However, he did not want her to wallow in misery so he turned to her and smiled again, his face relaxing noticeably. “Thank you Teyha. There’s really nothing wrong with what you’re wearing but I thought you’d like being able to start off your new life with some fresh, clean clothes. I’m sure we’ll have something at the house that will work for you temporarily, until I can have some clothes purchased for you. I’ll arrange to have a seamstress come to the house as soon as we get there, to take measurements and then go shopping for you.” He knew exactly what he was going to have the seamstress purchase too, though he didn’t know how much Teyha would like them. He had no worries though. She had already agreed to follow his directions and obey his orders. He would hold her to that.

When their knees bumped, Thomas felt the shiver that ran through her slender frame and saw the blush that took over her cheeks. He grinned then, his lips quirking just a little, but he hid it by turning his head briefly. It would appear that, though Teyha shied away from bodily contact and any attempt to be attractive on her own part, she was not immune to the very human trap of lust or intimacy or attraction. He’d seen how she looked at him, studied his face and his body, and he suspected that she was thinking of something specific. Her physical reaction just helped solidify that believe. He grinned wider then, thinking of all the ways he might break Teyha of her withdrawal from intimacy and body contact. When he turned back to her, his lips held a small smile. “Yes, Teyha, your own room. You’ll need a place to call your own for now.”

He felt the taxi slow and looked up then, realizing they were almost home. The vehicle stopped and he opened the door, stepping out and holding it for her. When she exited the cab, he paid the driver and the vehicle moved away. “Welcome to my estate, Teyha” he said. They stood before an ornate wrought iron gate, facing a house set back from the road quite a ways. A wrought-iron fence circled the property. The house itself was rather large, clearly having at least two floors, with wonderful balconies and doors throughout the exterior. He punched a few buttons into a keypad by the gate, which immediately swung open, and steer her inside, his hand grazing the back of her neck lightly. Soon they were inside the house and he was showing her the bathroom that would be hers. “I will put a robe on your bed once you are in the shower and call for the seamstress. Enjoy Teyha.” With that, he slowly exited the room, leaving her in privacy. As he walked down the halls, he couldn’t help but imagine the lithe young woman in the shower and that made him smile.

Teyha wasn't sure exactly how comfortable she was with he idea of being fitted for clothing, and she shifted slightly. She didn't say anything, she couldn't say anything. She had given her word to hold her tongue, and breaking it meant she would be forced back onto the streets. Besides, was it really so awful of a request that her clothes fit her properly, and not hang baggy and sloppy around her tiny body? Especially when he offered so much, even a room all her own for her stay in his manor.

The taxi slowed, and Teyha waited quietly as Thomas exited first, politely holding the door for her. And she smiled brightly at him before turning to his home. She stared in shock, amazed by both the size and beauty of the mansion, and asked herself again who this man was to afford such a luxurious home in a city like this. A gentle pressure on the nape of her neck gently urged her forward, towards her new home.

She followed without protest, trying to ignore how his fingers stirred her hair, sending another wave of shivers up her spine at the gentle touch. They walked quickly as he led her straight to her room, smiling and as he instructed her once more on that to do. "Yes Mr. Kincade." She told him with a smile, walking around the huge room with an amazed look on her face. "And thank you!" She called as he left, smiling as the door closed. She couldn't believe her luck... Of all the man to trip over her in the city, she was found by a rich philanthropist who offered her everything she could need and more.

She waited a moment more until Thomas' footsteps had faded down the hall, and undressed quickly. She set her tattered clothes on a chair in the corner of the room, folded sloppily, before hurrying to the shower, uncomfortable with being naked in the unfamiliar environment. She stepped into the large shower, and slid the glass door closed behind her, shutting it securely before she turned on the water, letting it warm as it struck her skin.

She sighed when it had heated, and grabbed the soap to begin washing herself, scrubbing dust and sand from her body, luxuriating in the wonderful feel of water flowing over her skin. She took advantage of her time in the shower, shaving her long and lean legs. She even dipped the tool between her legs to remove her personal pet peeve, her dark pubic hair. She smiled when that was done, finally feeling clean now that those annoyances were out of the way.

Finally she washed her hair, and inspected her body carefully. The few weeks on the road seemed to have drastic effect on her figure. Any baby fat she had before disappeared entirely, leaving the already small girl bordering on excessively thin. "I will have to clean my plate." Teyha mused with a smile, "Or people might wonder if Mr Kincade is in the habit of starving his guests."

Still, thinness aside, her body held promises of a figure to come. Her young breasts stood proudly from her chest, pert and decently sized for her petite frame. The slight curve of her hips and roundness of her bottom was not as impressive as many women's... But were athletic and toned. Given time it was obvious she would fill out more... and Even Teyha had to admit that her body was not undesirable as it is.

Closing the door to Teyha’s room behind him, Thomas headed down the hall, whistling lightly, a bounce to his step. His plan was moving rather smoothly and he was pleased by that. Teyha was grateful to be in his house and under his care though she seemed nervous and apprehensive about it all. He couldn’t really blame her for that. Cleared scarred, emotionally at least, by some event in her past, she’d been on the run, exhausted, and hungry, when he stumbled upon her. He offered her a lot in exchange for what appeared to be a little and that bothered her on a deeper level. He wasn’t worried though, he knew she’d come around with the right coaxing and prodding and, of course, threatening. He was nothing if not good at what he did, both magically and emotionally.

He reached the main parlor and picked up the phone, quickly making the arrangements for the seamstress to arrive. Done, he sat down on the couch and thought about the clothes he wanted for Teyha. She was a slender young woman but with an athletic figure under those baggy clothes – he knew this like he knew how to manipulate her, having taken it all in during those first few moments of their meeting – and he wanted clothing that would highlight her figure. Dresses were a must, ones that hugged her curves and revealed a little bit of skin without being overly trashy. And pants for comfort around the house, perhaps paired with shirts that were cropped to show her flat belly off. Sexy lingerie too, the kind that would make his mouth water thinking about her in them. No one would see that, himself included until the time was right but he’d know she was wearing them. And he’d imagine. He had quite a good imagination when it came right down to it. Comfortable shoes and dress shoes of course and night gowns for sleeping. Perky hats and scarves for colder days and a jacket or two. A few capes were a must also – they worked better with evening gowns – and a mage robe or two. He did want to teach her how to use her magic better after all.

He was lost in his thoughts when the gate buzzer sounded. Moving to the door, he pushed a button on the consol, confirmed it was the seamstress, and buzzed her in. When she entered the house, he smiled and led her upstairs, knocking lightly on Teyha’s door. “Teyha?” he called out, waiting for an answer. When he didn’t get one, he sent his magic into the room, looking for her, and found that she was still in the shower. Grinning, he opened the door and led the seamstress into the room. He could hear the shower at this point, and glanced at the bed, noticing the robe was gone. His grin widened. Time to move the plan forward another step. He told the seamstress to wait there and then moved quietly to the bathroom, opening the door and slipping in. Steam was everywhere as Teyha was clearly taking a very hot shower. He glanced to the shower stall and could just make out Teyha through the glass, seeing her curvy outline but not much more. It was enough to make his mouth water slightly and he swallowed hard, yearning to join her in the shower. Now was not the time for that though. “Teyha, the seamstress is here” he said, pitching his voice loud enough so she could hear it over the water. “She will wait for you in your bedroom. When you’re done showering, meet her out there without your robe on. She’ll need to take measurements for your new wardrobe and the robe will throw them off. When she is done, meet me downstairs in the parlor.” He then slipped out of the bathroom, knowing his presence in her private space would unsettle her a little.

Teyha lost time in the shower, closing her eyes and luxuriating in the warmth that the shower provided. She didn't even notice the the door open, until Thomas' voice cut through the quiet. She spun when she heard him, letting out a startled cry at the thought of him seeing her undressed. But, he left just as soon as he delivered the message, and Teyha wasn't even sure that he bothered to look at her through the foggy shower door.

She took in a breath to try to calm herself, but she was already feeling ill from moving too fast, something she avoided since she was prone to fainting spells. Her head spun and she leaned heavily against the door in an attempt to calm herself. But when she pushed herself away moments later the room spun again, her vision darkened, and her knees gave way under her.

Thomas was in the hall when Teyha fell, but the seamstress jumped at the dull "Thump" of the young girl collapsed in the shower. "Miss?" The woman called, moving to the bathroom to peak inside. Confusion passed over her features before she finally saw the girl, and her eyes widened to see her passed out in the tub. "Mr. Kincade!" The steamstress yelled, running from the room after the man. She caught up with the man in the hall, gesturing behind her wildly in a panic "Mr. Kincade! The girl you wanted me to measure... She's taken a fall in the shower!" She gasped.

Teyha was only out for a few moments. She woke shortly after the seamstress ran from the room, and struggled to push herself up. She clutched her head and panted softly, rubbing the tender spot that had hit the wall on the way down.

Back
Top Bottom