Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Three is a lucky number (W/ CheesusKrust)

camile

Planetoid
It was midday but it felt like night. A north eastern hurricane had come in. High winds sent the rain like bullets on the hospital windows and thunderstruck close by. Arianna was sure that many homes would be out of power tonight but thankfully for the patients that rely on the electricity, the hospital had a powerful generator of it's own. Her fear of nights like this were animals. Deer and moose accidents were common up here in Maine but are even worse in stormy weather. Deer were usually was able to total a car and leave minor scraps and bruises to the drivers. Moose on the other hand being sold creatures usually had more fatal injuries, either by the moose landing on top of the car and crushing passengers, hooves kicking or infection from the animal. Moose are the type to purposefully run into cars, trampling them flat. If someone is going fast enough as is lucky, a moose can be sent flying over a car with minimal injuries to the passengers, but that takes quite a bit of luck.

A nurse tapped Arianna on the shoulder, "Will you switch with me? The emergency room has been empty tonight and all my favorite patients are here." The nurse looked over her shoulder waving to a little girl who was going in for surgery in a few hours to readjust her broken leg. Arianna smiled "Of course, maybe I'll get lucky and can do some stitches tonight." Of anything she preferred doing stitches, they were the quickest and easiest thing with little other worries needed to be taken into account. Not to mention she stitched up so many clumsily woodsmen that she had become quite a pro at it. Most of her patients left and came back scar free. "Thanks" the other woman said as she made her way to the little girl who was now grinning ear to ear.

It was a strange series of events that even he hadn't quite expected. Only a few moments ago he had been speeding down the road on the outskirts of town, having freshly exited work for the night he was in the mood for any food material. Starving was an understatement to say the least. The rain poured down on his car, the black tires slick with the aquatic substance that covered every crevice of his car and the road he drove on. A familiar noise...animalistic, but familiar to many from the town of a Moose as it barelled out of the woods. The creature charged at the car, yet Azazel knew there was no way to avoid it in time. The beast ran head first into the windshield of his car, due to Azazel's speed however the animal was flipped over his car completely. Windshield cracking under the pressure as shards of glass erupted from it. A small piece gashed the side of his pale face, eyes squinting as the warm flow of blood dripped along his skin.

"Fuck."Azazel mumbled, his ribs were bruised due to his seatbelt being jerked into his body upon collision. Now, he had a bloody gash on his cheek because of some damn moose. It was bloody to say the least, forcing himself to tuck his cheek into the corner of his shoulder, squinting g at the sharp pain that burned around his wound, driving a bit safer now as he made his way to the hospital. Luckily for him the hospital was off the next exit.

Upon pulling into the parking lot he reached into the seat divider pulling out a was of tissues as he placed it against his cheek. A long dark black coat billowed behind him as he stepped out of the car, making sure it was locked before moving into the emergency room. Automatic doors sliding open as he moved his free hand to his ribs, they weren't broken...but they most definitely didn't feel too good. Moving to the front counter he leaned against it slightly as he called out to no one in particular. "Hello? Anyone here?"

Arianna had heard the voice of a man and stepped out of the triage room where two other nurses were to see him standing by the counter with a bloody tissue to his face. "Oh, hun what happened to you?" She asked coming closer. From the amount of blood she could tell he needed stitches, five or six might due. She couldn't tell was it a funny or terrible coincidence she said she wanted to do some stitches tonight? "Here, follow me into one of the exam rooms and I'll fix you right up." She put a hand on his back as she lead him to the first exam room passed the double doors. "You being the only one here we can skip triage and take care of any paperwork afterwards."

"Please take a seat over there." She said as she washed her hands in the sink before slipping on a pair of blue gloves. From the cabinet she pulled out a kit all put together for cleaning and stitching wounds. Arianna peeled the plastic off the kit which kept it all sterile. "No worries I do this all the time." she said, coming over to set the kit next to him. She took his chin with one hand and removed the tissues with the other. One thing she noticed was this man was remarkably handsome and she would hate to scar such a lovely face "I promise to be extra careful, could you just tilt you head to the right a bit?"

Arianna examined the wound. It seemed to be a clean cut created by a single sharp object with no fragments embedded in his skin anywhere. "Do you have any other injuries other than this?" she asked as she used some gauze to clean the blood and allow her to see more of the cut. "Your cheek looks good, I'm just going to clean it out and put in a few stitches. If you take care of it, it should heal fast and have them removed in just a mater of two weeks." She said as she picked up a large needle filled with a clear fluid.

Azazel raised his eyes as a figure exited a nearby room, it wasn't quite what he had originally expected. The woman was elegant in appearance, her face was completely flawless even with her pale skin. Swallowing the knot in his throat as it produced an audible sound, the deep rosy tinge that appeared on his cheeks only accented the emotions he felt internally. One side may have been coated in blood, yet it still didn't quite change the fact that he was blushing with a mixture of pleasant surprise and excitement. The soft voice that escaped her fine lips enticed him into nodding as he promptly followed her into the next room.

"S-sure."Azazel spoke, his voice only slightly shaky as he took a seat on the bed in the corner of the room. Although it was a hospital, he was relatively...happy to no have to deal with that damned paperwork. Fingers wrapping around the edges of the bed as the nurse moved about the room, pulling out a kit to care for his wound. Wincing as she poured the disinfecting liquids on his wound a sigh of relief escaping his lips as the stinging pain finally dissipated. As she asked him another question he blushed slightly, unsure if it was 'appropriate' to show her his other wound given the circumstances.

"Y-yeah I have some slight bruising."Azazel said with a blush, making sure not to reopen the wound on his cheek as he leaned back slightly, fingers gripping the bottom of his shirt as he lifted it slowly. He was relatively well built for a man of his size, visible abs and a chiseled torso in general accented in the bright lighting of the hospital. However, around his ribs there was a dark purplish coloring where the seatbelt was tugged with a relatively high amount of force into his body. "R-right there."

The large needle barley pricked at his open wound nor did she use it all in one spot but covered every part of the open wound thoroughly. It was both a cleaning and slight numbing agent for a little bit of Novocaine. "Honestly, the worst part is over." She said with a smile as she pulled out a much smaller needle which pricked the skin around the cut in four different places. "I just have to give it a moment for the medicine to set in before I proceed." Arianna began to prepare the needle which curved in a hook and what looked to be fishing line for stitching.

Arianna took hold of his shirt with one hand and ran her fingers over his chest with the other, pressing here or there while looking for tenderness. "That's quite a nasty bruise, A seat belt did it?" She had seen that same pattern of bruising across the chest on many patients who have been in a car accident. Many not only had chest belt bruising but bruising around the waist. "I'm just going to see if you are bruised anywhere else. Many times the people who come into the emergency room don't have any knowledge of having more serious injuries." She explained "You can sit back or lie down while I examine you. I'm just going to unbutton your pants, don't worry though, I don't need to look to far down."

Arianna unbuttoned and unzipped his pants, pulling his undergarments down just a little so she could see the line of bruising just below the buckle of his pants. She didn't think much of examining a man or any part of him, just another part of her job and injuries to such organs needed to always be properly treated. Arianna felt it was malpractice to not look for any other injuries, especially in some kind of accident which could cause serious damage to all portions of the body. "Perhaps not the most enjoyable sensation but you may want to have an ice pack on that every other fifteen minutes today along with any other bruises and then in a few days use a warm pack to promote healing. Other than those injuries you seem to be quite fit."

Arianna looked at his cheek before going to the sink and removing the gloves and washing her hands again only to put another pair of gloves back on "Just in case you had bad bacteria on your skin." She said before taking the needle in her hand and holding his jaw "Turning your head doesn't hurt right? Any kind of spinal injuries should have been the first thing I looked for, I apologizes, but seeing as I started the process of stitching you up long ago I should continue before finally examining your back and head." She spoke quite a bit a she pushed the needle in and out of his skin. It was a habit of her's to talk when holding sharp objects to help calm any worries of her patience even if talk of a mess up is what spilled fro her lips.

Azazel sat back his fingers squeezing the corner of the bed to keep himself from losing his cool and releasing some terrible girlish shriek. Being a man was not always easy, even when you're injured by some damned piece of glass, one still has to consider keeping their masculinity at all times...te a tough life. Squinting only slightly as he felt the tugging of his skin as the needle threaded its way through the opened gash, until it seemed relatively well sealed. A sigh of relief before he blushed a deeper tinge. W-what did she just say? Azazel was shocked at the almost nonchalant manner in which she spoke of his wound, her fingers moving to his pants.

"You could at least take me out to dinner first."Azazel teased trying to reassure himself that everything was fine. It wasn't everyday a gorgeous nurse worked your pants in order to examine what was beneath it. Allowing her to examine his waist, the 'V' shape that came with his toned figure revealed only a slight bruising around the corners, although the wound was recent entailing it would develop a more evident wound at a latter time. God damn Azazel...you lucky bastard. The only thought running through his mind before she pulled away, quickly buttoning up his pants in a mixture of embarrassment...and...no, just embarrassment.

"Y-yeah I think I still have some ice packs at home."Azazel spoke up softly as she asked him to move his head. Nodding slowly he tilted his head to the side slightly allowing her to work on the wound with a bit more ease. It was troublesome getting stitches so late at night, when he was starving beyond normal...but the nurse made it feel, almost worth it. "N-no need to apologize...it's okay...I didn't feel any pain on the drive over...or when I came in for that matter."Azazel said with a small blush, from the corner of his eyes he could see her own beautiful orbs. God...she was a looker...he'd need to get injured more often, at least that would chance the two meeting again. "You know something...you talk a lot."Azazel said with a small laugh, wincing as he realized that affected his not fully cleared wound. "I-it's...not that bad though."Azazel mused with a soft smile.

Arianna smiled she knew she talked a lot, it was a habit of her's "You should see me when I'm flustered then, it could be a bit surprising." She said with a bit of a smile and wink as she disposed of all the items from the kit into a bio-hazard box. She didn't get flustered that often having what she considered having seen and heard everything on the face of the earth. Mainly this consisted of dirty talk she heard in high school and dirty things she saw in collage no need to add to the list the crazy things she deals with in the emergency room.

She took a piece of gauze and tapped it to his face to stop any bleeding that seeped through the stitches. She did a quick look though of his head for anything else before she smiled, "follow me and we can go across the hall to fill out some paperwork." Arianna said leaving the exam room and entering a small office with a computer and a few filing cabinets. She had her back turned to him as she went through the cabinet "Let's see, we need this, this, and this." she said as she pulled out white and yellow sheets of paper. She then closed the drawer and sat down in front of the computer grabbing a pen for him. "Your able to fill out the majority of these sheets on your own, this one is for me to fill, and I'm printing you a prescription for Vicodin in case the pain is bad." she said, clicking a few different times.

The printer hummed and she grabbed a pen for herself filling out in detail what she had done to exam him and the treatment she had given. "I'm also going to write on a piece of paper some instructions for you in taking care of your stitches and a little bag with some supplies you may want. if you have any swelling or severe pain or anything actually then you can call me, I'm going to put my name and a few different numbers on this sheet." She smiled "Of course you can call me on my cell any time with any questions or concerns." Arianna smiled as she finished writing everything down, handing him the scrap sheet of paper and keeping the document.

Azazel sighed with relief as she slid the last needle through the wound of his cheek, wincing only slightly as she pressed the small bits of material to clear up the blood from his pale skin. His eyes unable to move away from hers as she stared with strange intensity at the cut, like some sort of dog tantalized by a treat, yet she treated him with an incredibly delicate touch. "I'm not sure it sounds safe being around a flustered nurse. Especially when she's shoving a needle into my face."Azazel said a small laugh escaping his lips before getting up slowly. The bruised areas of his body still ached, however it still wasn't quite that bad.

"Yeah sure."Azazel said with a smile grabbing the necessary papers as he filled out the necessary portions, address, phone and all. His fingers dragged the own with sharp jerks of his hands as he finally finished signing it, eyes lifting to her as he smiled. It was impressive...she seemed so diligent, even given the strange circumstances of a beautiful girl in a small town in the middle of Maine. Taking the paper he nodded with a small blush as he realized it was her actuall cellphone number looking up to her he nodded once again grabbing the bag and other papers as he smiled. "Y-yeah thanks...a lot...I'd probably be bleeding out my face hole if it weren't for you."Azazel teased with a laugh before getting up. Shaking her hand as he produced a bright smile.

Moving out of the room he rounded the corner slowly, he wasn't quite sure what to do now. He was hungry as all hell...but at the same moment he couldn't get that woman out of his mind. Arianna was so...different compared to the other women he had seen in town. Slipping his fingers into his pocket he slid his phone out, a large touch screen phone he unlocked it with a swift slip of his finger. Lookin at the paper he bit his lower lip, dialing the number before lifting it to his ear. Upon hearing the click that signaled the phone call was answered he blushed. "Hey...it's me with the hole in his face. I-I was u-uh...wondering...d-did you by any chance...w-want to come to dinner with me? T-tonight?"

Arianna had returned to the waiting room, taking a seat at the receptionist desk. She took a peek at her watch, fifteen more minutes until the night was through for her and a new person would come in the take over her shift. She had to say she was pretty glad that guy had come in, not the fact that he was injured of course, but it wasn't everyday she was able to take care of a handsome guy, let alone ever see one. Mostly she dealt with men who more of resembled bears who came in with a fishing hook well buried in their skin.

She had just pulled out a magazine when she felt a small vibrating in her back pocket. She flipped open her phone to see an unfamiliar number, usually she would just ignore it, but having just given out her phone number, she was curious to see if the mystery caller was her patient. "Hello?" She said putting the phone to her ear. Arianna smiled widely as she heard Azazel's reply. "it's customary to wait at least a day before calling a girl who you just met." She teased "But seeing as I'm getting out of work soon and I am feeling a bit peckish I'll take you up on dinner, Just as long as you don't plan on anything fancy, my yoga pants aren't exactly the cutest things in the world."

Arianna smiled "Come back to the hospital and I'll meet you in the waiting room okay?" She said before handing up the phone and looking at the digital clock on it. Katie should be coming in any minute to take her place and with the triage nurse in her office she could go to the locker room now and quickly change. She placed the magazine on the rack before heading off to the room where she changed herself into grey yoga pants and a navy blue v-neck t-shirt. She pushed her scrubs into a duffle bag before returning to the emergency waiting room.

"Fancy? I don't know the meaning of the word."Azazel teased with a smile, his finger tapping the big red icon that ended the call. Silently a fist shot into the air as he cheered in victory, in an inaudible manner that consisted mostly of hopping around and pumping ones fist multiple times. It was however more than enough to display the excitement at his sudden accomplishment of convincing a woman to go out on a date with him in little ol' Maine. Thankfully however, being born and raised in the area...he was well rehearsed in the 'underground' secrets of the trade.

It would be a couple minutes to an hour before his rental car would arrive. His original having been towed away for repairs, meaning he'd end up having to walk with the woman. Thankfully she did mention yoga pants...which served two purposes. Making walking and physical activity much easier and more comfortable. Then came his favorite reason...it made an ass look amazing. Shaking the thought from his mind, afterall he didn't want to come off as some sort of pervert to the cutest woman he had ever had the honor of setting his eyes upon.

Walking into the hospital once more, he was happy to realize that the pain from his injuries had nearly subsided. Other than the slight bruising and soreness, it was relatively unnoticeable. Moving slowly his hands managed to slide into the deep pockets of his large black coat, a small smile on his lips as he waited in the emergency room. She was noticeable to say the least...the minute she made her appearance he knew. "W-wow."Azazel muttered his eyes a bit wide at the appearance of his date for the evening. "I never realized casual wear could look so...good."Azazel mused with a sly wink before opening the door for her. "After you milady."Azazel offered in a slightly cheesy tone. The only good part about Maine, were the docks, a nearby destination with fresh seafood and the cool breeze of the ocean. Thankfully...it made for the perfect first date.

"You're not allergic to seafood are you? Because this isn't going to work out if you are!"Azazel exclaimed with a small laugh upon following her onto the nearby sidewalk.

Arianna smiled as she saw him with a look on his face to match his 'wow'. "Well it's good to know that I wont have to clean up too much for you if we ever have dinner again." She said, teasingly emphasizing the little 'if' as she walked out of the door he held open. "You don't look to bad yourself." He asked her if she was allergic to sea food, she wasn't allergic to the food and loved it having grown up on it. "I don't think I have any allergies." She then added "but I could always teach you some basic first aid just to be on the safe side." She said with a playful wink and laughed.

She took her arm and wrapped it around his as they walked down the sidewalk together. "So did you have a specific restaurant in mind? I don't really have a preference as long as they serve some sort of a fruity cocktail." she occasionally liked to have a strawberry daiquiri after work, the cold drink warmed her body up after being in a chilly hospital. Arianna was a bit thankful that the rain had come to a halt, seeing the clouds were still dark and deary, foxes like her hated the rain. A small sun-shower wouldn't be so bad given they were short with a chance of rainbows.

The hospital was now behind them and the ocean was almost in view off in the distance. This part of town was filled with cute 'Made in Maine' shops and inns of course there were restaurants with signs saying 'caught fresh daily' dotting the streets. Few people were on the streets since tourist season hadn't begun yet and most natives lived on the other side of town were it was quiet all year long

Back
Top Bottom