Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Depressing.

Itachi

Planetoid
I generally try to go above and beyond when posting. I take a lot of time, and try to write something my partner will really like. It's kind of dissapointing when I don't get that back, which is more often than I'd like.

Furthermore, starting an RP can be difficult, I've found, because of a similar problem. When coming up with ideas and plots, I normally find myself asking a lot of questions, especially with people claiming they want more plot than smut. If I'm the one sending the PM, I normally try to have several ideas, and generally I get very excited about piecing everything together.

Unfortunately, many of my questions are left unanswered, or given flimsy one word answers, that don't give me any information. Sometimes it seems every once of effort has to come from me, and me alone. When this happens, it's very disappointing, and it's caused me to lose interest in RPs that haven't even started.

Am I crazy? Am I the only one? What do you guys think about this?

Finding a good roleplaying partner often takes effort. A fair amount of effort.

Sometimes there are obvious gems, but knowing those times is tricky.

Tell me about it. Last RP I made I spent months developling locatiosn, NPCs, plots... only to have it get not even 20 minutes In Game Time. Three players dropped, one complaining about it being too hard, and others just stopped posting. That is perhaps the most disheartening of all, when they just stop posting, no word at all, not even the decency to say, "I'm quitting."

i can understand that. i've had issues like that in the past. and like you said... the worst is when someone stops posting with no word. i hate that. we can call it a MAJOR pet peeve actually. you'd think if someone wanted to get involved in something they'd at least give a heads up if they knew they'd be absent for a time. not to mention want to give input to help make the rp that much better. sorry you're dealing with this and feeling this way. *pets*

Definitely not, it's not like you're asking for the impossible or even something that shouldn't be expected. I think I'm very much like you in the sense that I always try hard to get what I want written, and clearly and I'm usually the one who makes the plots when I roleplay too. I like to take my rps seriously (what's the point in playing them out if you don't?) and get into them and when people don't do the same it is hard to continue, and definitely harder to get into something someone else makes up if they don't seem enthused about it themselves.

It sucks and is a major bummer, but don't give up!

Also, I agree with Vekseid, it's not always easy to find a good one, or one you're compatible with. You gotta shop around.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom