Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Den of Thieves (Candira and VitaObscura)

Candira

Singularity
Three years ago everything was so simple. Everything was more hopeful and everything made more sense. What went wrong? It was a question that still haunted Lucy to this day. The memories of that fateful day were so clear to her that it seemed the answer must have been there. Yet each time she looked back, the situation became more and more inexplicable. Everything had gone wrong. She’d lost her partner, her bounty, her career, and, very nearly, her life. What she couldn’t piece together was why it had happened. More than anything, that very question clawed at her. A burning need to know propelled her onto her current path. She would get her answers, and once she had them, she would return the favor.

Nothing gave Lucy more satisfaction than the notion of finally being avenged. The mixture of outrage and bitter betrayal sat heavily in her gut for three years, making it impossible to sleep without having nightmares or recurring dreams about the job gone wrong. His face and reassurances haunted her nearly as much as his lies and his actions. A man she had once loved had become her very worst enemy. Her goal was to find the son of a bitch who had ruined her life and make him pay dearly. Vengeance was never far from her mind these days, and given what had happened, it wasn’t difficult to understand why.

Three years ago, Lucy Niles was a thief setting out to do the impossible. She was going to steal from the greatest collector of all time—the Grey Fox. She had been partners with a man she trusted and damn near loved. She’d had reddish brown hair back then, and she’d been softer and more vivacious. The hopeful woman she’d been had never seen any trouble coming. In fact, she’d been excited about the job. Those days had been some of the happiest of her life. She was planning the heist of the century, doing what she did best. She was with a handsome and talented man, and she was making progress in that relationship. Really--she was in the peak of her young life. At 24, she was optimistic, confident, and compassionate. But that seemed like such a long time ago now.

Paolo Alphonso Rhodes was a man on fire, his passion bled through to every endeavor and pursuit; whatever sat within range would be changed by his very hands if he felt the desire to do so. Though there were things that he desired, answers to the most worthy of questions, which ironically were never meant to be answered regardless of his very efforts to do so.

Definitive answers to the very question would rob him of his freedom. The very freedom that gave him the ability to choose what was worthy and what was not, acting upon his instincts and faith, of changing his beliefs in the endeavors that presented themselves and ultimately being responsible for the choices he made.

It made sense then, of seeing the condition that would sustain infinite potential that would drive him forward, always becoming, ever evolving, never complete.

He missed her.

"Look, I really don't care." The blasted report of the Sig Sauer P220 would cast the room into venerable silence as Paolo removed an ear plug, "Next time that's going into your daughter." He'd press the scalding barrel against the man's chest, the threat of violence was very real, "Sign the paper, leave the country, live well and die old." Confrontational meetings of this sort were usually beneath him, but this one had once been a worthy rival.

Hours later. . .

"Make sure these holdings are secured." Paolo would say to a trusted friend, "Once acquired we'll be able to make our final move." He would disconnect the line after that.

The Sig Sauer was in pieces upon his desk, rendered into its components and resting upon a heavily used and stained cloth. In a moment he'd lose himself within the soothing tedium of cleaning his firearm, for now the other thoughts would die beneath the white noise of concentration.

Lucy often woke up in the middle of the night. It was always the same dream that did it--the memory of the night it all happened. Even after hours of physical training and research into new techniques she could use to both rob and kill her ex-partner, Lucy was dragged into dreamland and forced to suffer through everything all over again. Ironically, the thing that hurt her the most was remembering Paolo and how close she was to her. The one person she hated most in the entire world--someone she literally wanted to kill--was the one person she used to imagine going to whenever she was lonely.

Now thoughts of him made her sick. She and Paolo had met years ago and started a little flirting. They often hit the same areas and ran into each other, trying, and sometimes succeeding, to steal from each other as they went away. Paolo had been the one who suggested joining forces first, but it had always been a possibility in Lucy's mind. Still, she had resisted in the beginning.

Eventually, his charismatic and passionate personality drew her in. Of course, it didn't hurt to know that he was every bit as skilled as she was, though they both had their specialties. He was handsome and smooth, and so damn appealing. She'd nearly fallen in love. In fact, she was almost certain she had been until that fateful night when it all went wrong.

As with most things these days, the repetitive nature of cleaning a firearm allowed Paolo to concentrate upon other things, the lizard brain, the primitive instinctual side would go through the motions as thoughts lingered back to that fateful evening.

Grey Fox, a mutually agreed target who needed a few of his belongings liberated and fenced to fund other projects that the two of them were keen on following through on had been a topic of conversation between Paolo and Lucy for months, in the beginning it had started as an innocent tease at the local diner they often found themselves at after a gig.

In time they started to actualize the idea of fencing from this mythical being where rumors told of how the Grey Fox could walk through walls and disappear at a moments distraction, if anything the rumors only made him a far more enticing target then anyone else.

They were at the diner, sitting across from each other. Lucy often teased him for all the food he would order, saying that a thief wouldn't be able to move about with such a full stomach. In true fashion Paolo had ordered more and he gave the waitress a charming smile as she dropped off another slice of Apple Cinnamon pie with two scoops of vanilla ice cream, "So. . ." He said with an unapologetic grin, "We're doing this tomorrow night, everything has been planned and paid for."

As she waited to go on another job, the young thief thought back to the night before. They had been having dinner at a quaint little Americana diner, and, true to his habits, Paolo had ordered a ton of food. It always amazed her that he could eat so much and never gain weight. She knew it had something to do with his metabolism and a love for food in general, but if she'd been a more cynical woman, she probably wouldn't have trusted a man who couldn't put on pounds eating the way he did--it just wasn't natural. In fact, that habit often prompted the former redhead to tease him about it.

When he brought up the Grey Fox, Lucy nodded and leaned back into the comfy and worn booth of the little diner. "I think we're finally ready to do it. I can't believe that we have everything together. If we can pull this off, we'll be the best there ever was." She was excited. They could get more jobs, working and doing what they loved, making enough money to do whatever they liked.

Paolo nodded in agreement, "When things go well." He liked to remain positive, if anything it would put them in the right mindset, "We'll finally have enough resources and connections to do what we really want." This wasn't exactly a career, it was a means to an end. If they garnered enough things to fence, invested properly and planned ahead; they'd be able to "retire" and settle down.

This wasn't exactly a life he wanted to live, but he was good at it and he'd do it for as long as he needed to get what he wanted; he was half way there though. "We'll pull it off." Paolo reached across to take Lucy's hand, a reassuring smile etched upon his lips, though the gesture would soon be wasted as he took another bite of pie, "You need to try this."

A sliver of pie was cobbled together with a bit of ice cream, "Come on, we'll work it off or something, try it." He edged the fork closer to Lucy's lips, "Do I need to make airplane noises?"

Lucy raised her eyebrow at him as he tried to literally feed her some of his pie. He got a little carried away sometimes, but she kind of liked that about him. It was an endearing trait of his--overflowing with life, having a real taste for it and wanting to share it with others. Honestly, if he'd just be a tiny bit less aggressive, she'd be more willing to accept it. Sighing, she took the fork from him and took a bite to appease him. It was a delicious piece of pie. "Mmm, you know, I've never had anything against pie. I just don't understand where you put everything! I bet if I wasn't around to keep you in check you'd gain more weight." She handed back the fork and agreed that it was great pie.

"And sweetie, if you ever try to feed me while making airplane noises I promise I will slap you." The redhead shook her head and leaned back, slightly amused, but not really sure what to do with him.

Paolo smiled, the kind of smile that gave way to the spirit within, "Lucy, my darlin'." He would say in a Tuscan accent, a teasing gesture given the nature they both shared, if anything their proclivities appeared to be more akin to best friends then business partners, let alone lovers. "I lose them between the sheets." The things they did to each other was probably illegal in ten States, his accent would soon fade to linger upon a nondescript and fairly rich tone, "Why do you always have to be violent?"

The pie and ice cream didn't last long beneath his appetites ministrations, the gurgling of his stomach spoke of the emptiness within, "I'd like another slice of pie and ice cream." His attention would soon fall upon Lucy, a coy grin eclipsing him then, "What? Either I eat here or I complain all the way back to my place."

Sometimes the bottomless pit of his stomach was really annoying, sometimes.

The redhead shook her head, torn between amusement and disbelief. If she didn't know him better, she might have hated the arrogance he so prominently displayed. She knew him better than that, though. The swagger was just a front. He was very charming and smooth with her, and his overconfidence wasn't really grounded in reality. It was just another way to tease people. His fondness for that was evident in his little poke at her violent response. She chuckled and grinned back at him. "Because you like it so much, Paolo. I'd stop if I thought you really wanted me to."

His comment about burning off the calories in bed was easily ignored, but there was probably some truth in that. He was voracious in the restaurants and in bed. His appetites for all things were seemingly insatiable, and Lucy found that to be attractive as well. She sighed and leaned back as he ordered another piece of pie and figured she had nothing to do but wait for him anyway.

"Oh, what the hell? One for me, too, please."

Paolo smiled, pleased with the fact that Lucy would be joining him, if anything she spent way to much time watching him eat, "You won't regret this, promise." There were few things that would cause him to say such words, "Besides, you're less cranky when you've eaten something." Which could have been a stretch, in reality he was projecting. There were times when he'd be a bit high strung, food seemed to have a calming effect on him.

The two of them would eat in relative silence, remarking upon their surroundings, eventually Paolo would remove some cash from the leather jacket he had placed by his side. He had folded the different denominations into unique shapes that allowed him to quickly ascertain which was which, it was a trick he had learned early on in his "career" as constant vigilance of ones surroundings was a surefire way to ensure ones survival. He even owned a touch face watch, it's muted tactile surface allowed him to perceive time beneath the cover of darkness.

He unfolded the amount, a little bit more than what was required plus an ample tip, though nothing worthwhile that would cause the waitress to remember them, at least that was the working theory. "So, shall we go to my place or is there somewhere else you have in mind?"

Lucy rolled her eyes, trying to hide the fact that she'd been hopelessly charmed. It probably was true that she was a little more cooperative after she'd eaten something, but it was usually because she was charmed into eating at all, and the affects of whatever food he'd made her eat on her endorphins boosted the charm. She did know, however, that Paolo was always more pleasant after a meal. The small talk was nice, but they weren't sure about what was going on. She let Paolo pay, making sure the tip was decent but not extravagant.

She smirked playfully at his question and took a step closer to him. "When was the last time you cleaned your place, sweetie?"

Paolo had to think about that, when was the last time he cleaned up? The studio he rented underneath an alias was littered with training equipment along rows of tables fitted with a conglomeration of assorted tools. There were also the remote control flash fire furnaces which held all of his incriminating paperwork, all of which could be initiated by phone. "A week ago. . ." He said with hesitation, "I think." He could bump key a Medeco lock within mere moments given the proper tools, but subtle things like cleaning up his own residence outside of what was necessary to cover his tracks was sometimes lost upon him. In many ways he was amongst the best thieves in the world, but his meticulous attention to detail often fell short when it involved things that didn't exactly catch his interests.

"Well then, it looks like we're going to your apartment." Admittedly Lucy's place was far more friendly and accommodating to guests, plus it lacked the oil enriched lubricant meets boxing gym scent that was so prevalent in Paolo's since he often forgot to air out his place. "I swear, I'll clean up my place."

A soft sigh escapes him as they would walk arm in arm, an innocent looking couple bundled up in tasteful middle income apparel, "It's a nice night for a walk." Paolo would say as he looked up at the night sky, the clouds above were illuminated by the moonlight overhead, if anything this moment was made all the better by Lucy's presence, "I can't wait for tomorrow."

Lucy merely raised an eyebrow, shooting him a knowing look. He rarely cleaned, let alone thought of doing it, so it was hard for him to answer. Really, she'd known they would end up at her place again--they usually did. Her place smelled nice because she frequently cleaned--almost compulsively so. Not a single thing was out of place, and she was excellent at either disposing of evidence or hiding it until she could. It was one of her nervous habits. She always said it was better than smoking.

The redhead linked her arm with his as they strolled down the block, walking off that last slice of pie. She looked up with him as he commented on it being a nice night and agreed. It was beautiful out in the world. Tomorrow, however, would be another story entirely. They were ready to take the risk, but it gave her butterflies to think about it. Looking back on it now, that probably should have been more of a warning. But how was she to know? She was young and very possibly in love. "Me neither. It's a big step, but I'm glad we're going for it."

She leaned a little against him as they walked, glad that she had someone like Paolo to rely on. He was a quirky fellow, but she was okay with that. He made up for it in other ways.

Paolo nodded, "It'll be difficult." To ignore the difficulties that faced them would have been idiotic at best, "Though it'll be worth it." If anything happened, they had each other and that alone meant that they would be able to overcome whatever appeared. "Once we're done, we'll be made." The possibilities that this heist offered them and the contacts that they could make would bring them into a lifestyle that the two of them had often dreamt of when lying in bed together.

Paolo shook his head, his eyes concentrating upon the firearm before him as his thoughts lingered back to that night, a twinge of regret lingered but was cast aside beneath a wave of anger at what was said and what wasn't.

"Maybe I'll hire someone to clean up after me?" He said aloud, "When we're you know, rich." They've been planning to live together for quite sometime, he wondered how long it would take Lucy to kill him for his lack of cleanliness. "Failing that you'll have to spritz me like a cat until I get into the habit. . ."

Difficult was an understatement. So many things could go wrong now. There was a reason this job was going to open up doors for them. It was good to know, however, that she had the best person for the job on her side. Back then, she had thought that he was always going to be on her side. They had had plans for a new life--a better life. Unfortunately, they had never come into being, and thinking of them still made her sad today. Regret filled her heart as she thought of everything, remembering every last detail with absolute clarity.

Lucy smiled at his comment about hiring someone. Honestly, that was probably what would happen, because she certainly wasn't going to go around picking up after him. She laughed at the water bottle idea. "Well, I guess that means you'll have to learn to listen to me, huh?" she teased, leaning up to kiss his cheek. How had she not seen it sooner? How could she have been so taken in by him? Or better still, how was it that he could have hidden it from her so well?

"For you. . ." Paolo would say, intercepting the kiss meant for his cheek with his lips, drawing the taste of her for a moment longer before a playful grin would eclipse him then, "Anything." His words a whisper meant only for her before he held the door open that would lead into the main lobby of her apartment complex.

He was seconds behind her as she crossed the barrier, the soft click of the door latching behind them would encase them in the moderately warm and inviting lobby, if anything this place was far more accommodating to people than his warehouse studio, "I really need to get out of my place. . ." Paolo said aloud to no one in particular, "We should get a house with a garage and a big yard." He liked using 'we', it gave him a sense of belonging. For the longest time Paolo had always been looking out for himself, he had accepted the lone wolf mentality with methodical zeal and yet by some twist of fate he had found Lucy. Though to be honest she had found him and stolen the item that he had spent weeks tracking, ultimately a game of cat and mouse was passed back and forth, where tempers once flared in anger and annoyance, nothing but playful mockery and teasing had remained until they had spent an evening together in various states of undress. They must have fucked on every imaginable surface that night.

"Can this thing go any slower?" He pressed the button for the elevator again, a sigh escaping tanned lips.

Lucy blushed a little as he stole a kiss. Of all the things he could effortlessly take, he was probably the best at that. She smirked a little when he pulled away, shivering at his whisper. What that man could do to her could fill a romance novel. In the beginning, she'd hated it, but she found that denying the attraction had only made it stronger. Besides, lying to herself was very unbecoming. She slipped through the door to her apartment's lobby and thought of the house. "Hmmm...there's an idea." She wasn't sure she could see herself in a house just now, but if they found the right one, then she could see it working well. As it was, she liked living in city, but she supposed if they were close enough and she had Paolo then she could settle down a bit.

After all, even if their lifestyle changed, she doubted their sex life would suffer for it. She chuckled as he impatiently pressed the button for the elevator. "Now, now. The apartment isn't going anywhere," she teased, stepping into the little space once the door opened. Once they were on her floor, she led him to her place and unlocked the door, wondering what had made him so impatient.

"It's just nice to be back." Paolo stepped inside Lucy's apartment, shrugging the brown weather worn leather jacket off of his shoulders to reveal the black polo shirt beneath, "At least it's quiet here." He remarked on the relative silence, the ambient noise here was almost nonexistent, the polar opposite of his place; admittedly he had gotten used to the train tracks after awhile.

"Sir?" A voice broke through his contemplative silence, his eyes looking up from the disassembled magazine before him. He remarked upon the cleanliness of his surroundings, of how everything was where it needed to be and Paolo wondered if he had been as meticulous then as he was now would she still be alive?

The scent of Hoppe's 9 and the interruption drew him out of the past, "Yes?"

"Everything is accounted for, we have a few new dossiers for you to review." Great, Paolo sarcastically thought to himself, new blood.

"Very well, please make sure no one interrupts me. I have some thinking to do." The gentle scrub of a brush against metal could be heard as he lost himself once again to the task at hand.

"By the way, you still owe me a strip dance." Paolo said with wanton glee, they were naturally competitive with each other, if anything they reinforced each others strong points while shoring up any weaknesses by blatantly exposing and abusing it.

"Yeah, it's a nice place with people who don't look you in the face. Just what I like." She grinned and slipped out of her black pea coat, hanging it up on her coat wrack. Admittedly, she was probably a little too clean for her own good, but she liked to know that everything was where it should be--and if she had anything to hide, it was well-hidden. The apartment was still homey--definitely comfortable. It was just very clean.

"Well, if you wanted a dance you should have let me say no to the pie. I'm not sure I want you to see me with my clothes off," she teased, knowing full well that her figure hadn't changed at all. She went to her windows and closed the curtains, turning back to face him in her tight jeans and deep blue sweater with a deep v-neck. She looked beautiful and she knew it, but she loved to tease Paolo.

Lucy's place was far from clean in Paolo's mind, if anything it was immaculate, a fully furnished abode that gave no hints that anyone lived there. Though he readily admitted that his studio made a roadside motel look like a palace.

"Why would I deny you a delicious dessert? To deny you that particular pleasure would have been mean spirited, at least I didn't make airplane noises." Paolo couldn't help but scoff, "I really want to see you with your clothes off."

He would hang his jacket alongside Lucy's coat, "I'm expecting a good show." Paolo would take his place upon the couch, sitting in the middle before leaning back to rest his right ankle upon his knee, an expectant smile etching itself upon his lips.

There was that charm again. The redhead smiled at him as he sat down. That grin of his earned him a roll of her eyes, but she did owe the man. She was nothing if not true to her word. And he had done a nice thing in sharing his pie. Her smile stayed in place as she dimmed the lights and started some slow, sexy music. Her hips began to sway to the music and she lifted her arms her body undulating to the rhythm. She slipped the shirt she wore over her head, tossing it aside. It left her in a deep blue lacy bra, one of her spendier purchases.

She spun around, her hair swinging over her shoulder, her hips moving in little circles. Facing away from him she undid her pants and let them slip down her legs, leaving her in matching panties. She danced for him and turned to face him, slipping into his lap, her chest inches from his face. "I might need a little help getting out of all of this."

Paolo watched with rapt attention as Lucy danced for him with amorous abandon to the music that played as the clothes she wore were discarded with playful ease, "You look lovely in that color." She looked rather patriotic right now, red hair, fair skin along with a matching pair of blue bra and panties. By then he was leaning forward, both feet upon the ground; though as she came closer he would lean back to lounge with one arm cast back to rest upon the couch.

At first his hands would rest upon her hips as she sat down upon his lap, "It would be an honor, mio amore." The clasps were quickly removed, a simple pinch and twist as he coaxed the bra from Lucy to reveal her perk breasts, pink nipples tempting him to take them into his mouth.

Though what he wanted most then were Lucy's lips, the taste of her was something different, perhaps because he actually cared about her? She wasn't some passing fancy and as their lips locked he would tease and coax her, a hand slipping around and beneath her panties, middle and forefinger dipping between her wet sex.

Lucy smiled at his compliment and leaned into him as he took her bra off, revealing her body. She smiled at him and kissed him deeply as he reached for her, pressing into him. She slipped her arms around his neck and held him close. Whenever Paolo kissed her, she was carried away. Her body grew warmer as he slid his hands down into her panties, teasing her with talented fingers and an impressive knowledge of her body. She moaned softly into his lips and leaned into him, wanting him to take her to bed right then and there. She was ready, willing, and eager to please.

The murmured moans that escaped Lucy's parted lips was one of the many reasons he adored this woman, everything about her intrigued him and the fact that she shed her defenses for him was a beautiful thing.

Paolo's fingers would delve deeper, grinding the length of his fingers to coax more moans from her as his attentions lingered to her throat, nipping the stretch of flesh beneath the jawline.

He slipped his fingers out to cradle Lucy against his chest, sweeping her into his arms with ease, Paolo would rise to take her into the bedroom to gingerly place her upon the bed, "Don't move." He'd say with a playful grin.

The polo was the first to come off, revealing the svelte swimmers physique that sat beneath and in time he'd kick off his boots, the rest of his clothing following in quick order. Paolo would stand over Lucy, enjoying the sight of her there as he slipped the blue panties from her, dropping them to the floor alongside his clothes.

Paolo climbed on top of Lucy, eyes intently upon hers before his hardened cock would slip between her folds. A steady rhythmic pounding would cause her cunt to tighten around him as he took of her with near reckless abandon.

Paolo definitely knew when to press her for more. There was little she could do when he got her like this. She was too hot to resist anything he did to her. As his fingers slid deeper into her, his lips teased and tortured her neck. She groaned deeply, shivering as his ministrations sent tingles down her spine. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back, giving him as much room as he wanted.

Then, he freed his fingers and swept her up, ending the moment. She looked up at him, about to protest when he told her not to move. Then they were in her bedroom, and she was on the bed. She lay there, propped up on her elbows in just a scant pair of panties.

She grinned as he began a little strip show of his own. Even now Lucy remembered his body and how she wanted him more with every piece of clothing he removed. When he was finally standing over her, she was ready for him in so many ways. And then her panties were gone and he was inside of her.

She gasped, arching into his body as he thrust into her. Her whole body tightened as he found his rhythm, and she slipped her arms and legs around him, hoping to pull him just a little bit closer. He felt so good it was hard to contain herself. She moaned his name softly, panting as she tried to keep up with him.

Back
Top Bottom