Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Royal Guard (RyanKLeinhart and Fhallon Storm)

Arabella smiles at his warm laugh,the sound causing warmth throughout "I have not heard you laugh in sometimes my dear friend "she says sweetly pulling back and watching him bring a stool forth "Maybe they wish to use my against my father ?"she ask questionably .Thinking what they could possibly want with her .She nods leaning against the large headboard ,her hair fanned out against the silk pillows"I do not mind being young,I just hate feeling helpless at timesis all"she whisper with a soft yawn .Looking over at him with eyes they were now a clear tropical blue "Tis seems that you are uncomfortable in that still"she observes ,wavering her hand over Ryan and the chair as it turned into a royal blue couch long enough for his full body .A golden blanket appetizing on the arm of the Couch."You should at least be comfortable " she offers with a soft smile ,suddenly noticing her dress as he mentions it .

A large tear running down the middle of the back ,the hem COMPLETLEY torn .The shade turned from a golden creme to a dark ash color"This will have to be thrown away "She whisper standing up .Her closet Opeing to reveal a thigh length crimson red slip .A delicate lace detailed against the bodice and waist.The dress emphasizing her hourglass shape and deep skin .She quickly raisers her arms the golden dressing slipping off her body and the crimson slip sliding on to her skin smoothly.Ryan noticing as the sound of fabric moving in the room.

Walking back over to the bed with her brush she queitly hums brushing out her lock of hair as they fall against her skin "You ate right ,we wouldn't want to drAw attention,it's Completly understandable"she whisper softly.The red slip revealing more thigh as it ruches at up slightly .The pale moonlight shinning directly on the both of them .

Ryan shook his head softly as he felt the stool being changed into the couch. Ryan took the blanket, folded it, and laid it down to his side before sitting back in the chair. "I dont sleep comfortable, because if your comfortable, your vulnerable." He said as he laid his head back against the wall once more. "And I dont really feel the cold..So I have no need for blankets.." He said as he heard her move to change her clothes. "So when exactly did you become so adept in the arts of Magcik..When I tried to teach you as a child you always prefered to run off and play witht he other children about the palace, than stay in with..What was you called me.." He said stopping in thought. "Ah yes, 'That boring old geezer.' That what it was." He said as he shook his head lightly. "Glad to see your good at it though." He said as he heard her sit back on his bed, his eyes remaining closed.

"Eat?" He asked as he thought about it. "I dont really know when the last time I ate was..Aside from the apple..But I dont need to eat very much, or often for that matter..I eat more for pleasure..And when your bloody father commands me to 'Make an fearsome appearance at Dinner! Eat, but keep that cold hate filled stare on you all night.'" He mocked as he sighed. "I tell you now if I could.." He said as he stopped himself, remembering who he was talking to. "Forgive me M'Lady..My mind tends to run rampant in my old age." He said as he heard the brush being ran through her hair. "Sleep well M'Lady" He said as he decided it be best to not continue on a conversation with her. The more he talked, the longer it would be till she slept.

Arabella looks at him with a sigh,Her eyes shinning brightly in the moonlight coming from the window .Watching him place the blanket away."You should learn to relax Ryan ,You do so much for My family...for Me"she whispers.Running her fingers through her golden locks as they fall against the silk sheets "And I know you would have nothing to do with me if my father didn't say so ...but I thank you "she speaks in a soft tone.Crawling over the the edge of the bed to where he was Sitting .She quickly relaxes against the pillows and sits comfortable in front of him .

"I enjoyed your magick lessons ..sometimes ..but I was a child ,what would you expect ?,she says with a soft laugh "Kids like to play "she adds.Crossing her legs and pulling a taupe fur blanket around her shoulders "I would watch you when you were doing your Magick and try to recreate it "said Arabella As she looked at him with light Oceanic eyes"I actually did that a lot and I never really ment to call you an old geezer..it was just the other kids .."she trails off with a frown "They weren't the nicest sometimes ,and I wanted it to seem like"she shakes her head "Never mind forget it !"she explains.Laying her head against the Post on her bed with a soft sigh .

Arabella watches him talk about her father ,never once disagree because she knew what he had done and could do "My father is a horrible man..Im sorry you have to deal with that "she Suddnly says as he stops talking "Please ..continue To say how you feel Ryan ,no one Else does ,they all are afraid "she whispers.Reaching over to touch his cheek with a soft smile "and your voice is soothing ,please continue my friend for i am not tired ...yet "

Ryan shook his head, pulling his head away from her hand at the same time. "It is not my place to say M'Lady..Especially in front of you. I dont choose silence from obedience. I choose silence because I am polite. There are things for the ears of man..And things for the ears of Ladies. " He said as he looked at her. "But, Lets not wind ourselves into the stories of me and your father." He said as he rolled his shoulders. He took a minute, enjoying the silence that dance about the room before finally breaking it. "So you used to recreate the magick I would do?" He asked as he looked at her with a soft smile. "And you dont need to apologize..Im old..But I was a child once to..I was raised a bit..Differently from how I appear now, but Not so different from yours. Me and my late twin brother were raised by our sister. We used to call her all kinds of names around the other kids..So I know you were just being a kid." He said as he leaned his head against the wall once more, closing his eyes and facing the ceiling.

"You were just a child, enjoying the responsibility free life you deserved. " He said to reassure her before moving on. "Im just glad to see those magick lessons stuck. Maybe It wasnt all for naught. Your father used to tell me that if my Art of the Demons corrupted you, he would watch me hang..Yet your mother always seemed to enjoy you taking those lessons. If it wasnt for her, Im pretty sure your father would have me crucified on the castle walls as a reminder to his enemies." He said as he took in a deep breathe. "Its going to snow soon.." He said as he exhaled slowly. Then it finally registered that she had said she wasnt tired. "Well, What is it you wish to talk about till you get sleepy M'LAdy?" He asked as he returned to his normal position.

Arabella sighs pulling her hand back and placing it in between her blanket and knee."..I give up.."she says to herself ."People always pull away ..going to die lonely and unloved in this god forsaken .."she shakes her head .Ryan's words pulling her away from her thoughts .She frowns ,a bit of anger boiling up"I think if a lady is able to handle it then it should be said! Everyone is different !..I'm not like the rest of them ."She spoke "So I will be the judge of what I should and shouldn't hear "She adds.Hints of gold flecks sparkling in her eyes from the emotion she was feeling as she looks up at him. Flushing a deep plumpish crimson she tightens herself "Forgive me for I spoke out of line .."

A silence over taking her as she looks down into her lap"Do you miss your family?"she Suddenly asks in a soft tone.Her voice gentle yet strong And in Command ."I wish to know about your people ,the demons?"Arabella spoke ,looking up at him with eyes full of curiosity and knowledge ."I wish to know about them ..if it is alright with you ?".Relaxing against the large pillows she pulls the throw tighter around her shoulders.Leaning her head back against a large golden one ."Mom has always liked you ,and I wouldn't have let father do that "She says angrily "But thank the spirits for mother being here"she says a hushed tone

"You havnt spoken out of turn M'Lady..You have to remember. I am your Body guard. I am your servant. Not the other way around." He said as he listened to her rant lightly. "I understand what your saying M'Lady, but it just is not polite. And Manners make the person..Because if I always spoke what I thought, youd think of me as nothing more than a foul mouthed man." He said as he looked at her. "Besides, Id rather not talk of your father. His name give me a bad taste." He said as he adjusted his shirt lightly. Then she began to ask about his family. "..I havent had a family in some time M'Lady. But Aye, I do miss them. Very much." He said as she continued on. "My people? Demons?" He asked with a soft chuckle. "We are not demons M'Lady. We are called Eterniums. You see, My race were just very few, and far between. You see, My people are said to be the human like cousins of dragons..Because our true forms resemble that of a dragon, but instead of being 10 stories tall, we were only about 10 foot, and walked on two legs. But the truth is, we dont even come fromt his world..We come from a world named..Or was named, Eternius." He said as he looked at her.

"You see, on our home..Id be just as fragile as you..But something about this world makes me..Different..Very resilient. Except against Magick..Because Magick is what connects us all..Which is how my race came to be on this world in the first place.." He said as he closed his eyes in thought. "Here..I am thousands upon thousands of years old..But if I were on my home..Id be 22 maybe 23. Anyway..You see, My father, was the King of Eternius. His name was Linouge Leinhart. My mother, Samara Leinhart. My mother gave my father 2 sons, and 3 daughters before My twin, Vincent, and I, were born. But you see, when we were born, Our Father had..Lost his mind. We trained on our home planet to be warriors. To go out and do as we were told..Me and my brother, being as advanced with our fighting as we were, were sent here. But we couldnt do as ordered..We could not destroy this world. The ones before it, we pummeled and killed easily..But this world..This world almost mirrored our home. And me, nor Vincent, could bring ourselves to harm it. So we didnt. Once Lnouge found out..He came. To kill us, and the world we had claimed as our own. So we struck him down. Once he was killed..Our home pulled every Eternium back from wherever they were to watch us in trial..." He said as he pulled his shirt up, exposing a rather large cross shaped scar that took up much of Ryans Torso. "We were tried guilty..And banished from our world. Our world..Was soon over run, and destroyed as well. By what, I dont know."

"After a few thousands years here, Me and my brother had come to discover that, though here we were physically unbreakable, magick still harmed us greatly..And vincent was killed by the being you owe your home to..Lux. Lux had just began to create this large Kingdom..And she had sensed our..Displacement..She knew we didnt belong..And when she said we were unwelcome, my brother took it as a threat. OnceI saw Vincent fell..I finally gave into the corruption that had been seething in my heart for so long..I lost myself,within myself. I killed Lux..Along with most of the kingdom..And that is how I ended up here to do..Along with all the knowledge I have of my people." He said as he looked at her, lowering his shirt and tucking it back into his pants. "And the only reason your mother has ever liked me, is because Eterniums are ruled by their women. The king has a say so, but in reality we serve to please our mates. So the queen, and women in general, have the most say so. Your mom likes me, because I serve her with a polite and forward manner..Im not a rude pig. Your father hates me, because 1) He knows no matter what I do, he cant kill me, and 2) Im a lot stronger than he is. I emasculate him." He said with a light laugh. "Now I belive I heard you say something before I went into my ramblings..What exactly is it you give up on?" He asked as he racked his memory. "Unloved? M'Lady, you are loved by most of your kingdom. And I know of a few good princes from other Kingdoms who would love for your hand in marriage."

"I so Hate that word ..Servant..it makes you sound as if your beneath me,Whichc you as not "She says looking at him Observants "You are MY FRIEND and Protector..yes I much like THOES words better"she mumbles."You are right they Do make the person "she whispers,fiddling with the ends of her rose gold colored hair."Yes ..your people!"SHe says excitedly .Her eyes sparkling with excitement ."Then why do the others call you a demon ?,she asks in a soft tone ."Eterniums"she says softly,the word rolling off her younger with ease ."I think I've heard about your people before ! "she quickly slides off the bed and opens goes to a small bookcase located behind the bed .Pulling out a rather large book with gold and red bindings."Ah here it is "she whispers quickly opening to the page that had information regarding Ryan's people .

She looks up with a surprise expression "So your actually almost around my age..not really an old geezer "she jokes.A warm laugh emitting from her mouth as she continues to listen to Ryan without interrupting anymore .Her eyes gliding down to the cross shaped scar "Oh Ryan "she whisper waning to run her finger over the rather large mark,but forcing her hands to her side ."That did all of that just to show they you were quilty ,That horrible!"she says ,a protective tone in her voice as she watches him pull down his shirt .

Her mouth drops open as she listens to the story of her kingdom and his sibling and himself "Im sorry Ryan.."she whispers"There is a lot of history beyond these walls good and bad ,a lot of corruption .." She whispers,a few tears sliding down her cheeks as she thinks of Ryan's fallen sibling and the people her were killed from her kingdom .

She quickly wipes her cheeks.A few of the cold tears running down her chin as she try's to control her emotions.Takeing a deep breath she looks up the window and then back at Ryan "Mother did alway say you were the best "she says with a soft laugh .Her eyes cloud with a unreadable emotion "Did you..ever has a ..Mate?"she asks with a soft gulp.Her heart preparing for anything that he was to say .

Quickly changing to the next subject she shakes her head "You heard nothing I was just talking to Myslef is all..Just day dreaming on how I give up on cooking "she mumbles saying random things to try and move on from the subject ."Yes I now ..but there are other types of love ..that THOES princes Probaly don't have ..and they are not what I want "she softly says ."They will just find a ways to use me "she adds looking away as a small yawn shakes her body.Looking across at Ryan with a gentle grin ."Thankyou for telling me abut your people and your life Ryan "

Ryan heard her ask of his mate and he shook his head. "But before he could answer she had jumped onto something else before finally giving out a light yawn. "It is not problem M'Lady." He said as he looked up at her. "But, Your body says it is time for bed..And I agree. In just a few hours I will be waking you up to go on your trip. So for now, get some sleep." He said as he laid his head on the arm of the chair, stretching out on the couch. After a few minutes of silence her gave a slight yawn. "In answer to your previous question M'Lady. No I have have never had a mate to call my own. Once an Eternium finds their mate, they stay with them forever. And once the other dies, the surviving member takes something of their Mate, and carries it with them in view for all to see." He said as he turned on his side, his face looking towards the back of the couch. "Now, try and get some sleep, its a long ride for you up the mountains, and a even longer walk for me." He said as he gave a light exhale.

Not to long after he gave another yawn. "Good night M'Lady." He said almost absent mindedly before faling into a very light sleep. His body on constant alert for any strange noise or any off vibration or feeling.

Yawing once again and rubbing her eyes ,she leans back further into the large cushions.Her hair falling around her face like a halo.As her eyes close.Her body relaxing fully knowing that Ryan was their to guard her..like always .She rolls over onto her side facing him.Watching him lie back into the couch with a grin.She closes her eyes briefly but they pop open as she listens to him speak about his mated life .A warm smile spreading from ear to ear as he says he does not have one.She quickly covers it with the edge of a large pillow"Being mated sounds like a beautiful thing Ryan.A true bond "she whispers softly looking at his back .Her eyes slowly closing "A long ride Awaits " she mummers ,courting up into the blankets in pillows.

"Goodnight My Ryan "she whispers in a very soft tone.but pound enough for him to hear as she drifts off not a deep sleep .A peacefulness overcoming her as she nuzzles deeper into the bed.The time going by quickly as they both rest.

Ryan awoke only a few hours after he had closed his eyes to sleep. He quickly got up off the couch, allowing it to return to the stool it was just hours before. He knelt by the bed and shook her lightly before standing up. "M'Lady, we need to leave within a half hour to make our schedule. Get up and get dressed..Ill meet you by the carriage soon." He said as the torches in her room caught flame, lighting up the entire room. "You can finish sleeping on the way." He said as he turned to leave the room. He moved swiftly and quietly to his room, gathering the few items he made need. A few book, his sword, and a bandolier of seven bells. He wrapped everything in oilskin before shoving it into his bag. He put his bag on and moved just as quickly out of the palace and out into the courtyard, where a couple of guards had a carriage waiting. "Good Job guys.." He said as he loaded up his bag. He reach inside the carriage, and pulled out a set of armor that looked identicle to a normal guards. He quickly dressed, placing the helmet on and lowering the eye shield, completely disguising him from any onlookers. "The princess will be soon." He said as he took up a position in front of the carriage. (sorry a bit brain dead.)

Arabella awakes at the sound of Ryan's voice.Her body tense as she rolls away from him "Leave me be Ryan "she sighs.Placing the pile of fur blankets over her head.She growls softly under her breath as the brightness from the torches sting her eyes which were used to the dark now."Im up she whispers".Sitting up in the fairly large bed .Her hair a curly mess.

Arabella looks down at her side a dark redness ...blood.Quickly waiting for Ryan to leave to get leave to her chambers .Watching him round the Connor she lifts up her night gown .,Her eyes widening as she sees three long scratches against her thigh.As if something had clawed at her in her sleep.The furrow not deep but still tender and red ."What in the world"she whisper slightly scared as she looks around "Be a man and get me when I'm awake!,she hisses into her room knowing it was A spirt..Ryan's brothers.Quickly getting out of her bed she rushes to her bathing chambers to address the winds .Not wanting Ryan to worry about an other things ....she ties gauze around the wounds quickly after she showers then to picking out her clothes.An outfit that let her blend in .Picking out black tights and a cognac colored leather corset for which she usually used in her defense classes.Throwing a greenshsh brown cape over her shoulder that reaches her hugs and throwing the hood over her head.Her light gold curl cascading over the fabric.

She quickly looks around her room for her bow and arrow ,hiding it under her cape as she runs out her room through the corridors.Guards at the doors to take her to the carriage .She wines slightly at the slight burn in her thigh.Walking up to Ryan with a smile "Is this good enough..not noticeable ?"she asks.Her pale skin gleaming slighting in the early morning light .Her beauty still visible even wishing the understated clothing .

"You look like everyone else M'Lady." Ryan said as she came to a halt next to the carriage. Ryan helped her inside before shutting the door. "To your positions!" He yelled to the other guards. All of them taking their positions at each corner of the carriage. "Once we are past the gate you are all to return to town. Make it look like an escort..Not a guarded caravan!" He commanded as they marched, the men giving a loud unified grunt in response. The march to the gates was only a couple miles. Not taking them long at all. Once the gates where open all of the guards took their leave as the carriage passed. Once past the gates, Ryan quickly disrobed himself of the armor, leaving it outside for the guards to retrieve later. He pulled the white hood of his robe over his head, placing his hands inside the opposite sleeve, and keeping his head down. Now, it simply looked like a monk walking with someone of a decently high stature. No one would suspect a monk to to deny a ride. It seemed the idea to get to the mountains would work. That is until a chill wrenched Ryans gut. He could feel the death of someone only a few miles away. But it wasnt from behind them, it was ahead of them. But it wasnt his brother he felt..Something much more powerful in its Death. Something more primal. But he couldnt quite place it. "M'Lady..It seems there is something up ahead..4 miles away at the most..It may be gone by the time we reach there, but I cannot be certain. If we meet with it..Remain inside the carriage..Do not open the door for anything.." He said just loud enough for her to hear as the continued on the road.

As he walked he came to realized he had been feeling the presence of Death for some time. Someone, or something had been following them. But it was just at the boundaries of Ryans senses, up until now. Ryan looked around, but found nothing. He then turned his gaze to the dimly lit morning sky. And there, swaying in the air above, was a dot. "..A single Blood Crow..?" He asked himself aloud as he watched the dot. "..Why follow a monk..?" He asked as the dot shifted diretion and flew away, back towards the palace. Ryan gave a light sigh of relief. "It seems all will be well."

Nodding she enters the rather large carriage and closes the swinging door.Quickly placing her Bows in the hidden carpet of the seat and her arrow next to it.Watching the guards take their pistons ,she sits back quietly with a sigh .Turning to look out the window as the kingdom slowly became a spec in the distance .Turning back around to look forward ,she spots Ryan at her side in a white hood.She smiles slightly and try's to ignore the discomfort in her side and leg .The tips of her pointed ears twitching as Ryan warns her of a presence ahead .She quickly unsheathed a large pocket knife from her dark knees height boots"Like I'm just going to sit here in the carriage "she mutters to herself ,Her body tense as she waits for the the presence ahead."Ryan ?"she asks softly .Her fingers slowly waving the window closet to him down ."Is everything ok ?" She whispers ,knowing it would be loud enough for him to hear Her.Her heart beat intensifying as she holds her breath.

.Arabella slowly cranes her head up into the direction he was looking at ,she takes a sigh of relive and hides the pocket knife again.As they slowly start to enter the nearby village.A variety of Creatures and Magick people alike being seen as they slowly ride through.

Ryan nodded lightly. "All is well M'Lady.." He said softly as they began to enter the village. Ryan kept his head down, the hood shadowing his face as they walked. But it was all for naught. A group of what appeared to be orcs or half orcs blocked their way. The carriage coming to halt. "Stay here.." Ryan commanded as he walked ahead of the carriage to try and pass, but a large meaty hand stopped him. "Where do you think your going little man?" Ryan didnt remove his cowl, he remained calm and steady. "We merely wish to pass..We are trying to reach the mountains.." The half orc grunted lightly as a few others moved to peer inside the carriage. "We have a woman! And she is pretty boss!" The half orc laughed. "Well bring her out here!" Ryan heard the carriage door being opened. And that was all it took. a immence pressure filled the area as Ryan began to emit a massive amount of power. He went to walk towards the carriage, but he moved to quickly to be followed. One moment, he was in front of the leader of this clan, the next he was standing behind the orc who had opened the door. The orc turned around the looked at Ryan. "You move pretty quick little man!" The orc gripped the axe at his side, pulling it free of its bindings and swinging. Ryan reached up, catching the blade with his bare hands.

Ryan didnt speak, nor did he move to look at the orc. His eyes remaining closed as he held the blade, the orc struggling to attempt to cleave into him. "There is a saying.." Ryan began as he wrenched the axe from the orc. He threw the axe into the ground, sticking the blade deep into the earth. "That one should only do to others..As they wish others to do to them.." He said softly as the orc attacked with a dagger. Ryan sidestepped, gripping the orcs wrist. Ryan easily overpowers the orc, turning the dagger on the orc and stabbing it in the chest. Ryan waited till he felt the orc die before dropping his body to the ground. "Now..I am a simply monk..With a delicate friend..Who wishes passage..Do you give us the passage..Or shall I kill each and everyone of you in a glorious retribution of your souls?"

Arabella body jolts at they come to a sto once again,she quickly moves to the other side of the carriage looking out the side windows"What could it possibly be now...OH MY FAE"she whispers .Covering her mouth and look at the hideous and gruesome looking creatures in from of the carriage ."Ryan wait do not mess..!"she trails off as she watches him approach the creatures.Quickly scooting over to get a better view of what was occurring outside."He is more of a man then you will ever be " Arabella yells from the insid as the side door of the carriage is thrown open .An Orc grabbing on to her leg and pulling out .She quickly slaps him in the face ,struggling slightly before kicking one that came from the second door away .Ryan quickly getting the leader.Her breath coming in short graps as she reaches for her knife .

The Orc watch the lifeless bodynofnthere leader fall to the ground with a thumb

"How about NO!"one of them shouts "We don't get many womean down here and it will be a pleasure to have her"he says,his eyes running over Arabella corset and thigs.She quickly looks up with a growl ,Bring her knife forward and pushing it deeply into the the chest of the Orc that was currently talking.A onyx colored liquid bubbling from its chest ."Get your Creasy hands off of me !"she speaks jumping out of the carriage .Her hood slipping backwards to show her bight eyes which were now a Crismison Red and black .She quickly looks over to Ryan with wide eyes as the other orcs inch closer .

Ryan moved in front of Arabella. "I thought I said stay in the carriage.." He said coldly. The air around them getting colder every second. Within just a minute the air around them was cold enough for their breaths to frost. Ryan bagan to walk backward, pushing Arabella towards the carriage. He stomped his foot into the ground, a small earthen pillar rising up and throwing her in the carriage. Ryan shut the door before adopting a odd fighting stance. He waited patiently, His eyes remainging closed through the whole ordeal. "Then let us see you take on a blind monk.." He said cooly as one approached. Ryan took a step, drew his arms back, and extended his arms out with force, a icy wind locking around one orc, wrapping it in a pillar of Ice. Ryan shifted, bringing his hands down into a fist, black flame rising from nowhere, engulfing two or three more orcs in its hellish flame. With all but a few Dead Ryan turned to face them. His eyes finally opening. The cold gray stare seemed persistent as he dropped his robe. The bandolier of seven bells hanging delicately over his chest.

"Now..I will see you to do as you are told.." He said coldly. One orc turning to run, yet something grabbed his feet, the earth itself! Ryan gave a menacing smile as he drew the 6th bell from the bandolier. "Saraneth..The binder.." Ryan recited to the orcs who were feverishly trying to get away. "You said you chose for me to kill you in a glorious retribution of your souls.." Ryan said with a dark laugh. "So allow me to show you..." Ryan said as he rang the bell. Its voice deep and commanding. "You two..You will do exactly as I command.." Ryan said as the orcs stopped squirming. Though they still felt fear of this small human looking male, they could not moved their limbs against the voice of Saraneth. "You will take your side weapons..And you will slice open your own throats..Once you die..I will capture your souls before they transcend into death..And you will be mine to use whenever I please." The orcs began to whimper, even begging for their lives as their hands betrayed them, slowly reaching for their knives. "..Pleading now will not save your souls.." Ryan said as he watched the blades creep to their own necks. "..I said to slit your throats!" Ryan roared as he rang Saraneth again, the bells tone causing their bodies to do as commanded. Ryan only smirked as he watched the black blood pour and pool at his feet. "Ah..The feeling of a life slipping away.." He said to himself as he knelt down. He pulled a small green jewel from his side pouch. A black aura enveloped the orcs body for a moment, and then shot into the jewel. "There we are.." He said as he moved to pick up his robe, a black flame engulfing the remaining bodies. Ryan put the robe back on over his normal outfit and bells before climbing into the carriage. HE did not speak to Arabella.

He knew that he had shown a rather dark side of his person. One he had not meant to show..A side that he had long since forgotten..No, not forgotten..Misplaced. Once the carriage had began its travels again, Ryan kept his gaze outside the window of the carriage, waiting for the barrage of questions that was sure to follow.

"Ryan!"She yells in her native language as he blocks her from site .The orcs no longer to see or feel her presence as she is thrown into the carriage and the doors she firmly into placeShe quickly ran over to the left side to witness why was happening.Her fist banging of the lass of the Carriage window as her breath started to leave breath imprints.The air getting colder and a feeling of hatred overpowering the people around.As if all the happiness in the world was completely the for that moment of time.Arabella quickly closed her eyes not Believing what was going on in front of her as a icy air from Ryan arm overtook an Orc ."Ryan..,She whisper softly .Falling against the cushioned seats ."How is that even possible.."she adds .Her eyes transfixing on the bells attached to his chest.

"Oh god!"Arabella shouts .Unable to look away as the orcs slit there throats .The black Thick liquid leaking from there necks as they fell to the ground .The sky's above turning black ..a distant rumble coming closer and closer .The rumbling grew louder and louder. Very quickly the eastern sky turned black. The speed at which the black clouds appeared astonished her as she quickly turned back to the horrific scene before her .Her eyes glazing over with unreadable emotion."Ryan Stop..PleSe"she begs softly.Unable to take what was going on ,even though THOES orcs could have done anything to her .......she still felt for them.As she did any creature ..it was just part of her nature.Ryans yell ringing throughout her head as she curls into a fetal position against the cushions.The strong emotion overwhelming her as she try's to take it in slowly .Sparks of Magick shimmer in the palm of her hands.She remains silent,her eyes squeezed tightly closed as she feels the weight of another person entering the carriage.Her body and mind to sensitive to take in what was completely gong on around her before the carriage once again started moving throughout the town as if nothing happend.

She shakes slightly her head thrumming with pain as well as the intense bugging sensation along her sides.Neither of the, talking as she looks down at the demask print imprinted on her robe .Unable to speak she sits in silence for a good 3 hours.A strong auora of her magic strong within the carriage.The only sound in between them is the clicks of hooves against brick and earth.

The carriage slowly coming to a halt for a small rest as Arabella quickly steps out of the carriage and on the large fields of Daraplasies ,A brilliant looking yellow and pink flower which only grew on their planet .The stems curling around each other as she quickly walked through them .

As the carriage tricked by Ryan heard the familiar sounds of a thunderstorm. Thunder and the sound of distant rain, that was quickly approaching. Ryan opened the carriage door, leaning out to look at the driver. "Stop at the next inn.." He said cooly as he return his body into the carriage. He sat down across from Arabella. His eyes closed, as he thought for a moment. "There are reasons..I tell you to do things..It is not because I dont want you to do something..It is for your own safety.." He said quietly. "Had you of been outside the carriage when I rang Saraneth..You may have been compelled to do the same thing." He said as he lifted a hand to keep her from speaking if she was going to interrupt him. "I killed them, simply because they laid hands on you..Had they let us pass..No blood would have been spilled..But, they dared defy my warnings..And I showed them why it is good to have manners.." He said as he finally opened his eyes to look at her.

Ryan closed his eyes again as the rain began to pelt the carriage. "..M'Lady..You must understand..Out here..Like this..We are very vulnerable..We cannot take any chances. Had I of let even one of them live..They surely would have followed us..And then what? You killed or raped? I am powerful M'Lady..I promise you that..But I still have my limitations..Especially while I am bound." He said as he looked at her. "..Speaking of.." He said as he pulled out a small silver ring with a black onyx jewel in its center. "...If for some reason..My bindings fail..Or I am to be released..Let me do what must be done..But if I turn on you..Your family..Or the kingdom..Bind me once more with this." He said as he sat it down next to her. "Youll know when you need to use it." He said as he laned back into his seat. "..I am sorry..You had to witness what you did M'Lady.."

The driver nods,tipping his head at Ryan as he commands the carriage to move at a faster pace to the next town with an Inn

Arabella comes back to the carriage before gettin soaked.Finallly Ble to look over at him but not keep direct eye contact."I was just trying to help.."she whispers softly.Her voice hoarse ,something he had never hear before Ashe she wraps her ape tighter around her body .There is a brief silence before she says something "Thankyou for defending me ,I will truly listen to you for now on Ryan ..for I never meant o disobey ..I just seem to loose my temper more lately ..and when the orc..when he ..touched me I just ..SNAPPED"she says looking up at him with fiery emerald eyes that were ribbed with a crimson ring.

she looks over at him finally meeting his eyes "I know what they could have done ..and I know we are exposed.,she whispers pulling the hood from her head.Her hair mostest from the rain as she sighs leaning back ."I have never seen power like that before .."she spoke in an amazed tone"Never have I witnessed such power..such energy "she adds.Opening her hand and taking the small silver ring . Twirling in in her fingers and rubbing her thumb against the onyx jewel she slips it onto her left ring finger."I will do what needs to be done if that moments ever comes "she whispers not wanting to even think about that happening ."I hope so .."she whisper still looking down at the ring .Fitting her finger perfectly .She moves towards Ryan and touches his hand ,leaning forward and kissing Ryan's forehead gently "My protector "she whisper in her native tongue .Pulling away before he could and turning to look out the windows ."It is ok ..I am not as innocent as you think me to be "she whispers softly

A few minutes going by as the carriage stops once again.A small but cozy inn surrounded by green life Suddenly in their view ."We are here"the coach driver announces .

"Innocence is only a image M'Lady." He said as the carriage came to a halt. Ryan climbed out of the carriage, moving to the back to get their luggage. He threw his bag on his back, and her bag over his shoulder before moving to hold the door open for her and driver. Once everyone was inside, he turned and followed. Once inside, he sat the bag down and moved to the counter. The heafty man behind the bar greeting him. "Hello there young man! What can I do for you?" I need one room to the Lady." Ryan said as he slid two silver coins onto the table. "Ah, I have just the room. A large bed for the two of you, with a wonderful view of the mountains." Ryan looked at the man quizzically for a minute before taking the key. "Very well." He said as he picked up their bags once more. "Thank you." Ryan said as the man waved them on. He moved up the steps and towards the room, finally finding the one that had the same markings as the key. Ryan unlocked the iron pad lock and walked inside. The bartender had not lied. The room was fairly large. A bed, a pair of chairs with reading desks, and very large bed that looked out through a large bay window to the mountains.

"Nice view indeed." Ryan said as he moved further into the room, setting Arabellas bag down on the bed. He moved the place his on the floor next to one of the chairs. The low lying sun casting the shadow of the mountains into the room. Ryan sat down in the chair, his bag between his legs. He pulled open the oilskin bag and dug around for a few moments before pulling his sword and scabbard free. "There we are.." He said with a light smile to the blade, as if meeting up with an old friend. Ryan placed the sword by the chair and removed his robe. Placing a hand on his bandolier, he ran down each of the seven bells, making sure each was accounted for. Once his hand laid atop of the seventh bell he gave a light sigh and relaxed a bit into the chair, though it was obvious his guard was still up.

"You are correct..I believe "Arabella says,Turing to try and reach for her bag before Ryan can "You know I can carry my own things right ?"she laughs .Waiting for Ryan to exit the carriage so she can reach under the seat for her bow and Arrows.Again quickly hiding them under her robe .Catching up behind him to enter the inn.a warm smile and curtsey given to the hefty man behind the counter ."Hello Sir "she says sweetly walking up to the counter to lean against the counter as they wait for the key for the door.Her face forming a shy smile as the older man mentions the lovely large bed for the two of them "Um where not .."she trails off as Ryan quickly walks off Fowlling him quickly ."Wait up Ryan !"she yells .Running after him and bumping into him from behind .Both of them tumbling to the ground as she ends up on top of him .She looks down at him ,her hair creating. Curtain around their faces .Her warm sweet breath blowing on his face "Im sorry !"she quickly yelps rolling over on her side and helping him up on wobbly legs "

they quickly tighten themselves as she watches him place her bag near the bed.The shadows from the mountains enticing her to run to the large windows and sit in front of this .Her eyes enlarging as she smile brightly "This is amazing !!!So beautiful"she whisper in amazment.Her fingers touching the window as if she could reach out and touch the mountains . She looks over at Ryan slightly relaxed in the chair .She smiles softly and lays down in the sheepskin carpet .Closing her eyes with a relaxing sigh .She turns her face to Bury it in the fresh smelling furs.Her body relaxing as she watches the activity going on in the mountains .

Ryan looked over at arabella, raising a eyebrow as he watched her. "You have never been this far North have you?" He asked as he looked at her. He gave a soft smile as he turned his ateention to the fireplace. "It gets fairly cold here. And even worse the further up we go. But the sight is quite beautiful." He said as whispered something. He seemed to draw something in the air with his fingers, and then the logs in the fireplace ignited. Ryan leaned back in his chair, reaching into his back and pulling free a large purple book that held silver latches, clamping it shut. Odd symbols and signs danced across the cover as the latches unhinged to Ryans touch.

He quickly found his page and continued reading. Allowing Arabella to go about as she pleased. "Now, since we are technically on a vacation of sorts. I suppose we have no real schedule to keep. Do as you wish, and tomorrow we will leave when you are ready." He said as he turned the page. "Also, if you are hungry, I will escort you to the Dining area of the inn. I dont trust this area, havnt in a long time. So be careful if I am not around."

She leans up slightly from the carpet with a chuckle "No not at all..my parents never liked it "she whispers.Falling back onto the soft rug with an"Omph"but quickly popping back up as she notices the large purple book in his lap"Oh what is that ?"she asks excitedly .Crawling over to sit by his chair and peer onto his lap.Her finger tracing one of the symbols with her fingers"I think I've seen this before ..not the book but the symbols "she whispers softly.Jumping when the fireplace ignites with a loud click."Wish I could do that "she mumbles with a soft grin.She sits up in her knee and lays her head against the armrest of the chair.

"A beautiful Vacation "she giggles ,looking out towards the mountains again.Her fingers tracing the lines of the mountains in the air.Her fingers sparking with a hint of reddish pink light ."Will you go hiking with me tomorrow ?"she asks sweetly .Turing to look up at him with large puppy dog like eyes .The dark rings around her pupil e glaring to give her an Adorable like persona ."I haven't been hungry in the last 2 days ,but I will tell you ."she whispers softly "Why don't you trust this area?the people seem so kind and earthy and in touch with nature "she squeals with delighted .She looks down feeling something itching her foot.Pulling off her boots as two pocket knifes and a dagger fall out .She grimaces and looks up at Ryan "Excuse these.."she trails off quickly along them beside her in order from sharpest to dull .

Ryan looked down at arabella as she asked about the book. "This..This is The book of the Dead." He said as he closed the book. The silver latches snapping shut as he did. "And it is not something you are to read." He said as he looked at her. "This book contains knowledge that is not meant for those like yourself. And these symbols, are Symbols of Death, and the many forms it can take." He said as he opened the book, the latches once more giving way to his touch. "And Yes, I will go hiking with you tomorrow.." He said as he turned the page. A light sigh leaving his lips as he shut the book, unable to read any further into its pages. "And just because you have not been hungry, does not mean you shouldnt eat. Your body requires nutrition." He said as he looked at her, watching the items fall from her boot. "..You have a right to be prepared..But placing items like these doesnt really make much sense M'Lady..Defeats the purpose of having them if you slice your foot open and bleed out." He said as he reached down, picking up the items. "Ill show you were to hide these tomorrow." He said as he stood up, moving to the mantle of the fireplace and setting the items down.

"I fear our trip to the mountains will be delayed for a day or two." He said as he turned to look out the window. The now dark sky showed no signs of twinkling stars. Only the darkness of thick storm clouds. "Seems a snow storm is blowing in from the north." He said as he moved to the window. "It is also much later than I thought.." He said more to himself than to hear. After a moment he returned to the question he had tried to dodge. "I dont trust anyone I did not raise M'Lady..And I only trust a handful of them. And, many centuries ago, long before your kingdom, There was a large village here. This village practiced heavily in the arts of Dark Magick. Human sacrifices, raising the dead, turning people into ghouls. Things along that nature. Now none of this has happened here in over 300 years. But I just, hold doubts in the back of my mind is all..And with Zeke being out in Life once more..I fear worse things are to come..If this Necromancer can pull Zeke from Death..He may be able to do the Same with Salazar..Or even worse..Vincent." He said with a light sigh. "I have had to kill Salazar and Zeke in Life..I would hate to have to kill them here again.." He said as he moved back tot he chair, sitting down and propping his head up with his right hand. "It seems even on vacation I cannot pull myself from duty." He said with a scoff.

"Thoes like myslef ?"she mumbles "I don't what is m now or even what I will continue to be in life "she says softly looking up at the book"But I have seen THOES symbols before ,it was in a smallermtown written on the sides of one of the buildings.Imrember that town because I was the first time I snuck outnofnthe kingdom .The town had a very weird feeling to it "she said.Shudderingnas if rembering the feeling of the eerie little town .Arabella looks at him with a shrug as he opens and closes the book again"It seems like I'm bothering you ..I'll leave you alone to do your ..reading "she says softly in a hushed tone .Thanking him for wanting to teach her how to properly hide her weapons and such.

Moving over tomthenbed to lay her cape down across a chair and climb up into the bed silently .Lookingnout at the turbulent sky's .Piece if frozen rain beging to pelt the ground below.As the darker clouds washed over the mountain range and town ."Sometimes you can trust strangers more so then the people who are around you more often ."she says replying to his current remark aboutmthe town "ai guess that's my promblem ..I try to my see the good in people.I wouldn't have ever know that things like that happend here "she says.Laying her head against her knees with a soft sigh."Imwill leave you be Ryan ..I wish for you to have sometime to yourself "she adds Siletyl digging into her large bagtopull out a leather binded journal with a symbolic wolf and moon.Openng the journals and ,her fingers acting as a writing utensils as the words at slowly etched not the book.Her Magick warming the pages as she continues to write .The silence in the room ..bearable.

Leaning back against a Cargo colored pillow she rests her head .her eyes flickering up to the ceiling as she closes them "Book of the dead..book of the dead"she says repeating it "Trying to REMBER where she had seems THOES similar marking on a book before ..but in her kingdom .The symbols running through her mind as she shakes her head.

Back
Top Bottom