Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Survivor's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger

Super-Earth
Arytom woke up in his bunk as usual with the other soldiers. He got out of his bunk and made his ay into the common area, where most other soldiers were at. he exchanged some small talk with the soldiers as he made his way to his looker. He put in the combination and opened it up to reveal his issued equipment. He grabed his AK-74 and threw his over his back, he took his 1911 and holstered it, he took his clips full of ammo and a grenade and put them in their pouches on his light armor. He then begun outside to get to his patrol.

I woke up, leaning on a tree. No animals have seemed to have bothered me the night before, which means that I didn't lose any arrows this time. I checked my quiver, just in case.
"Juu ichi... juu ni.. juu san." I counted, looking at the thirteen arrows in it. I nodded. "Good, none were taken." I looked around at my surroundings, and found some gravel nearby. I smirked, knowing I could use it to make more arrows. I got up, and began my walk toward it, wondering how much usable flint was there.

"God damnit.." I muttered as I examined the pantry where I kept supplies. "Out of rations." I sighed and walked over to my window overlooking the city, giving myself a good view of the rations station. "Shit, looks like they're closed." I said as I slammed the window shut. I walked over to the table in my apartment and grabbed the Revolver and Hunting Rifle that were on it. I checked the Revolver's chamber to see how many bullets I had. "Three bullets.. Better not waste them." I said as I tucked it in my side holster. "And only two for the rifle." I sighed. "Great... Well, time to sneak to the forest.. See what I can get out there," I said as I headed out the door in an irritated fashion.

Once I got outside I walked over to a jeep with about seven other armed soldiers there waiting. The bunch hopped into the jeep. The engine couched as the jeep started up and begun to drive down the dirt road. I asked one of the soldiers. "So Alex, whats todays patrol?" The soldier responed. "Were going to investigate something out scouts found in the middle of the forest, well I say investigate were just going to give backup to the troops there in case of an ambush." He told me. "Probably another Red base that the Revolutionaries burnt down." I replied as the jeep made its way into and through the forest as the soldiers had their weapons ready to fire in case any opposing faction came along.

When I got to the heap of gravel, I smirked by how rich it was in flint. I knelt down, and began sorting through the small rocks, finding the biggest and sharpest pieces I could find, along with a few others. After going through it, and collecting roughly twenty soon to be arrowhead, I took out my Tanto. I sighed when I saw it's dulled blade, and began scraping at the edges of the flint pieces to sharpen them. Once I was done, I knew I'd have to go out and look for sticks that were useable for my arrows. It was a tad time consuming, but it wasn't like I had anything else to do at the moment.

Once I had gotten to the bottom floor of the building I head outside and started towards my usual spot I had of sneaking out.
"Alright, almost there." I said as I headed there, but once there I noticed that two guards were around the area. "Shit, troopers." I said as I ducked unnder cover to keep them from seeing me. "Ah, what the hell am I going to do.. I need to sneak past them," I said softly.

We drove through the forest until we eventually hit a small building with moss forming on it. We parked the jeep as a few soldiers stayed outside with the snipers as the rest of the squad went inside to investigate. I followed the recon squad inside as we looked around the place mainly to find a few rather recent bodies and some guns and ammo. One of the soldiers replied "Looks like Revs, our guys weren't here before, the Reds must have come through here. Arytom go warn the gaurds outside, we'll keep searching." I nodded as I made my way outside holding on to my Ak. I got out there with the soldiers and told them their might be reds in the area. We then alerted the snipers to keep a close eye out.

As I finished sharpening my arrowheads, I went in search of sticks. I collected about four or five when I walked to a hill, and saw mossy looking building. I slowly approached it, and I heard voices.
"Kuso..." I cursed under my breath, getting my longbow off me and pointing it forward, and quickly getting an arrow out of my quiver, and pulling it on the string. I continued my slow walk forward, making minimal noise as I entered through what I thought to be the back of the building. I moved slowly, and was very cautious of my steps, soundlessly gliding through the area.

I waited until the time was right. when both guards were looking away and had a respectable distance. I stalked by and made my way to a hole in the fence, AKA, my way out and in. As I got through, my pant legs snagged a broken piece of the chain link and rattled the fence, which alerted one of the guards.
"You there! Stop!" The guard said, pulling his AK-47 out quickly and pointing it towards me.
"Shit!" I swore as I untangled myself and made a zigzag line straight for the woods, not looking back as I heard the rifle go off, popping bullets at me that could've tore me to shred, and just my luck, I made it in the woods without a scratch. Once I was a good distance into the trees, I stopped to catch my breath. "That.. was too close.." I breathed, relieved to make it out. I knew those guards wouldn't come after me, they're only job is to keep people in, and keep others out. They wouldn't dare go after just one person.

After I warned the ground patrol of a possible ambush I went back into the building to the scavenging team. We went around the place taking what ammo and other goods were left behind after the possible attack when we heard a slight breathing. One of the Revolutionary soldiers was lying up against a wall with a bullet hole in his neck clutching an empty glock 18. I put my AK-74 to his head and told him to drop the gun in a silent tone. The man nodded as he lightly shoved it away. He couldn't talk to me, all he could do was gasp for air and attempt to get a few words out. I went to the captian and said. "We've got a live one who seems to be in a critical state, but is also trying to tell us something." He replied in his drill sergeant tone. "Alright, I'll send some Medics down right away. See if you can get any intel from him." "Sir yes sir!" i said going back with a couple medics following.

Meanwhile back outside the recon team was patrolling the premises and snipers were positioned with SVDs. One of them was in a window looking through his scope. He looked all throught the woods and muttered to himself. "Wonder if their any of those forest hunters I keep hearing about."

I lowered my bow, easing the string of it so I can return my arrow to it's quiver. I expertly returned the arrow, not making a sound, and put the bow around me, then slowly took out my Tanto, careful not to make any noise as I unsheathed it, then held it in a position ready for a quick stab if I needed to. I continued my glide, and found a few guards. Remaining in the shadows, unmoving, I studied them. They had armor... but I could see a few chinks; ones that bullets could never enter, but perfect for my Tanto. I moved out of sight again, and looked at my surroundings I found a single grenade, but it had no pin. It must have been a dud. I picked it up, and tossed it toward the front entrance to get their attention far from me. I threw it at an angle to where it bounced off the door frame, so it looked like it came from outside. It should get their attention off me as I made my way through the shadows to one of the guards. I didn't know these people, but maybe they could be of use to me. Perhaps having some utensils that I couldn't get from wild animals or gravel. I knew for sure that I could use that armor, but... from earlier inspection, I'd have to guess that there would be no possible way for me to carry it, as it looked heavy. Still though, keeping a hostage could should get me something.

As I made my way through the forest I managed to catch a few deer in my sight in a clearing, far off in it.
"Well, haven't had deer in awhile, might as well bag me a doe. It'll last me quite a bit," I said as I got out my hunting rifle and took aim, lining my sights towards the deer's head as to not get lead in the meat I needed. "Ata girl... Stay nice and still," I said as I put my finger on the trigger, getting ready to pull it.

As the grenade hit the door one of the soldiers shouuted "GRENADE!" As the others ran. After a few moments a few troops examined it. "Its a dud. Just then I came out with the medics and injured soldier and placed him on the jeep. One of the soldiers told me about just now. "Get everyone into formation stat." The soldier nodded as the others grouped in tight formation with the guns at the ready. The soldiers stayed in sevral tight formations together to cover all sides. "Keep an eye out for Reds men." I exlaimed to the other soldiers.

Kuso! I cursed in my mind as I saw their new formation. I had to think of something to do, and observed the surroundings again. I then spotted a nice angle that could lead to a chink in armor, even though it wasn't lethal. I could use an injury to my advantage. I first, though, had to fire a dud. I took out two arrows, putting my Tanto back in it's sheath. I fired the shot, then quickly fired the second. One going an obscene direction, and the other headed straight on target.

I pulled the trigger, causing the rifle to go off, but missing it's mark by inches, causing the deer to run off.
"Damn it!" I swore, as I was left with only one bullet for my rifle.

A gun shot was heard from the distance. I then called on my radio. "Captian an unidentified shot rang off in the distance. Possible Rev attack." He then replied. "Send a squad to investigate the shot, you and the others hold down this position." "Yes sir." I replied. I pointed to a squad of four soldiers. "Go investigate the gun shot, cover each other. Snipers keep an eye out for any unallied movement. Rest of you cover our sides." The squad of soldier's made their way into the direction of the gun shot. The rest of the soldiers were straffing with their fingers on the triggers. Then one of the soldier's felt a slight cut on him. He looked down and found a kinda broken stick with some busted flint on it. He looked over. "This just hit me, the fuck is it, an arrow?" I walked over and examined the cut, then the stick. "I wanna say someone shot an arrow at you but, this would be a really makeshift arrow." I said to him.

I noticed the troops' attention on my arrow, which gave me the perfect opportunity. I sweeped over invisibly and grabbed a soldier, pulling my Tanto out of it's sheath and pointing it to his neck.
"Nobody move!" I yelped, as I never really spoke loud before then. "I swear, if any of you move, you'll lose a member of your faction!"

"Well.. I guess nothing to do but follow through the forest. No point in staying where I am," I said as I put my rifle back over my shoulder, and started my trek through the forest with ease opf mind.

The soldiers then pointed their guns over to Yoru and told her to drop the knife. I stepted in. "Stay down men that wont get us anywhere." I threw my ak over my back and looked over to the girl. I examined of what I could see, she looked nothing like a Red or Revolutionary. "Look, this won't get you anywhere, we've got snipers all over the place, do anything rash, and no matter what your gona die." I said slowly walking forward. "You don't seem like one of our enemies, its not our place to kill you if we dont have to, but we will. Let the soldier, go and I promise I'll do what I can for you." I said calmly to Yoru.

Out in the forest the squad went to where they heard the gun shots. They looked ahead and saw a lone stranger with a hunting rifle over his back. They aimed their guns and at him and exlaimed. "FREEZE!"

I backed up a little, bringing the soldier with me when the other one started walking toward me.
"Wh-why should I believe you?" I stammered. "How will I know that you won't just kill me if I do?" I started backing myself into a corner, as to get away from the sights of the snipers.

"What in the hell..?" I said as I looked around at the group that surrounded me. "Who in the hell are you guys?" I asked, unphased by their weapons.

I replyed to Yoru. "We are the Militia of the Order,our goal is keep peace and order among the surviors of the virus by eliminating all who wish to take over for themselves. We put our lives on the line in order to help the innocent, and that's what were going to do. If we shot you here we'd be no better then our enemies, and all of our efforts are a waste. I swear to you, were only here to help." I said slowing walking towards her.

The soldiers closed in on the man. "Were soldiers, can't say anymore right now, now tell us who are you and what are you doing out here? Don't try anything stupid and I promise you can go about your buisness." The soldier replied.

I debated my choices, looking at the other guards. I then sighed, and lowered my Tanto, stepping to the side, and tossing the blade to the soldier talking to me. "It's too dull to do much damage, anyway." I said softly. "I've been having to use it to sharpen flint for my arrows." I glared at him. "I expect you to keep your promise as a Militia."

"I'm out here lookin' for some food. Damn rations center in the city is out. I doubt the Military will even bring us more anyway, we're practically on our own depsite the few still in town," I said.

I smiled as Yoru agreed to my reasoning. "I promise you I will help you. When the team is done I'll take you back to our base, we'll stock you up there." I said smiling as I patted her on the soldier. I looked back over to the others. "They almost done in there?" "Yeah we just gotta wait for the investigation squad to return."

The soldier looked over to the others, he then took a good look at the man's cloths and weapons. "Stand down me he's not a Red, or, Rev." He said as the others lowered their guns. "Let's head back to the others, and keep a close eye out for a counter attack." The squad then begun to walk away, the soldier then turned around and said,"you know if you need supplies just come with us, we can help. Your choice though." The soldier said as they begun to walk away, guns at the ready for an ambush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom