Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

the dawn of thordains quest ((riku276 and crimson ONLY!)

riku276

Star
(( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://hg101.kontek.net/dragonquest/dq8-hero.jpg">http://hg101.kontek.net/dragonquest/dq8-hero.jpg</a><!-- m --> <---Josh ))
josh was practicing his swordsman ship in a clearing where the group had set up camp for the night before they made it to a town. king trodad was turned into a goblin after the staff of dol was pulled from it shrine by dolmagus, along with turning the princess into a white horse. somehow he and one of his friends, a female fellow soldier, survived a great blast of energy that had erupted from the staff when dolmagus couldnt control it. how he and his friend survived he did not know, but he knew that they had something that had to of protected them. he kicked up a small piece of wood and said "Sonic slash!" before thrusting right past it, cutting it in half.

The female that had survived the blast was sitting on a rock, caring to the white horse's mane, "Josh. Stop practicing for the night. We have to be careful. It is not a time to waste energy." she murmured as she gently patted the horse's nose, "We will get you two back to normal. I promise." she added as she got up and put the brush in her bag before she turned, "I'll be back in a bit. There is a spring about a half mile back. I am going to go clean up before we enter into town." she said quietly as she slowly started to retrace their steps so she could go find the spring.

About ten minutes later, the female arrived and began to take her pieces of lite armor off before she took up her leather clothing, then the cloth wrappings. She was still confused as to how Josh and her survived. She looked at her breastplate that had an engraving on the inside, 'To my dearest Kimberly. I will always be here to protect you. Love Mom' The engraving was always over her heart and in times of pressure, Kim always felt something wash over her that made her calmly get out of whatever problem she was facing. Smiling slightly, she slipped into the spring and let out a sigh of relief. However she was unprotected and she wondered if Josh would really allow her to leave without any protection.

josh shook his head and said "well, i better follow her, cant have her get attacked, " he followed her, but gave her distance when he heard running water, he then waited by a tree. he began to sharpen his sword with a rock, and waited for her to come back, on his sword's hilt, was an engraving 'to my son, may this blade serve you well, and strike true, just like it has for me. love, dad. he didnt know why, but when he wielded the sword it always cut clean through any armor. maybe thats why he was one of the top soldiers back at the castle.he then laid against the tree and looked at the sky, it was filled with stars. he started to point out constellations to himself

Kim had been washing herself when she heard the sound of a sword being sharpened, "Josh you idiot. You do not have to hide." she said calmly, "How do you know an enemy will not attack me from the other side of the spring? He'll be out of your sight." she added with a small smirk. She did not mind Josh. He was one of the few people that she actually allowed to see her when she was not in her armor and leather but just in the cloth wrappings. She did not want to love anyone because she wanted to focus solely on her job. But at times, she could not help but have feelings for her fellow soldier.

josh chuckled and walked out of hiding, "well, i never could hide from you kim, " he had a small smirk on his face as well. he sheathed his sword and said "Well, the king and princess are asleep, so we are the only ones awake, " he never told her but sometime, even though he never showed it, he really did care about her. not in a loving way yet, but just a little more and he would. after a few second munchie, josh's pet mouse, hopped out of his pocket and went over to kim. he gently nuzzled into her back, josh just laughed "haha! munchie always wants to play doesnt he?"

The woman chuckled as she turned to scratch the mouse on his head, "Yes he does." she murmured as she leaned down to kiss Munchie's head, "We should be fine. No one is going to know who we are with. It is only us four and Dolmagus." she added as she looked down, "Please. Let me rip that man to shreds." she murmured quietly as tears came to her eyes. It was the first time that she was showing any feelings towards what had happened at the castle, "Please...let me get revenge for everyone he killed." she begged as she shivered slightly. Despite her position, Kim rarely was one to talk about killing someone, it was her way of life. But when she did talk about wanting to kill someone, which had never happened while she was a soldier, it meant that she was serious.

josh looked at kim, he saw the pain and sadness in her eyes. he shook his head and said "im sorry, but i cant let you do that, " he then quickly put a finger to her lips and said "i cant let you do that... because you would die if you fought him alone, which is why i will help you, " he smiled and muchie jumped up onto josh's shoulder and jumped up and down, looking like he wanted to fight too. josh slowly removed his finger and said "finish washing up, and lets head back, it starting to get late."

The woman nodded and slowly went under water to clean her hair the best she could. Once she was done, she got out slowly and wrung her hair out before she started to dry off. Once she was dry, she started to get dressed, only wearing the cloth and the leather. She picked up her armor and looked at Josh, "Lets head back." she murmured quietly knowing once she returned to the clearing she would have to put on her strong face that she got with the help of her mother. "Josh, why all of them? None of them deserved it." she murmured shakily.

josh shook his head and looked down, "i dont know... but i will never forget that day..." he looked back up, and flashed back to the day of the blast.he was simply patrolling the corridors, when suddenly he saw a huge flash of light, before blacking out. when he came to, he saw burnt bodies of his fellow soldiers, even some innocent children... he shooke out of it and said "that dolmagus will pay... i assure you, he..will..pay..."

Hearing Josh's words, she dropped her armor and wrapped her arms around him tightly as she put her head against his shoulder. Tears were still flowing from her eyes and her body was shaking slightly. Rarely did anyone see her in a state like this. Not even when she watched her mother die. Kim had merely put on the armor that she had gotten, grabbed a sword that belonged to her mother and went out and killed the person who had killed the woman that had given birth to her. Not a single tear was shed. But now, she was acting like a baby instead of a strong warrior that many thought to be the iron wall of the soldiers.

josh was a bit startled, but put his arms around kim and gently stroked her hair, "shh...its tough i know...but dont worry...we survived, and we WILL defeat dolmagus. " he smiled down at her and wiped away some of her tears. munchie jumped from josh's shoulder onto kim's head and laid down there, trying to comfort her as josh was doing, "heh, even munchie wants to make you feel better kim." josh chuckled softly and just continued to hug her. "it will be alright. i promise..."

The woman shivered and nodded as she reached up and took Muchie off of her head and she kissed his head gently before she put the mouse on her shoulder, "Lets head back. Who knows what the other two are doing." she added as she pulled away from Josh and bent down to grab her armor.

josh nodded and began to walk back with kim once again. when they reached the clearing, it was midnight and the fire had died down, josh yet out a soft, let long yawn and said "Come on kim, lets get some sleep. its gonna be a long day tomorrow." he got out two blankets and pillows, and laid them out. once he got settled in his, munchie climbed down off of kims shoulder and hopped back into josh's pocket. "night kim" josh said before he fell asleep.

Once they were near the clearing, the tears seemed to vanish and her face instantly went back to its stoic look that she was known for having. She nodded to Josh, but once he was sleeping, she grabbed the blanket and pillow and moved over to a tree and sat down. She had the pillow behind her back and the blanket wrapped around her as she stared at the dieing fire. She seemed to be in a trance...which was true because as she looked into the fire, she saw faint images of a mountain that they were heading towards. But the scenery around it was changing. Like she was in the head of someone moving. Of course, she was probably hallucinating due to her extreme change of emotions and because of how tired she was. But even with her exhaustion, she stayed awake, staring at the fire.

-the next day-
josh awoke early the next day. he yawned when he woke up and looked over to see kim asleep, he also saw that the princess was awake, josh stood up and stretched slightly. he then said softly "Another day, another step closer to dolmagus." he then began to make some breakfast for the group. he hummed softly to himself a song his mother taught him

Kim had only falling asleep when the sun was rising, which was also when she had finally let the fire die. She had kept the fire going all night to watch the images she had seen. Though once Josh had started to cook, she opened her eyes and sighed quietly, "Morning." she murmured as she got up before she stretched slightly. She walked over to Josh and sighed, "You do not need to make breakfast for me. I am not hungry." she said calmly before she walked over and put her armor on before she started to bundle her things together. "We should make it to the small village by nightfall. We should find a place to stay while we are there." she added as she looked around uneasily.

Back
Top Bottom