Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Hunt an Assassin (KyaKonami and Heionmibu)

KyaKonami

Star
Marina sat in her room, sighing and running a hand through her dark brown hair. She couldn't believe this. After all that time, letting Yusuke teach her how to shoot, the other fun things they did....the kiss...she had found out that he was a rebel. As an assassin on the King's side, this was a catastrophe.

She was up and pacing now. She had a feeling he would come to see her tonight. She had to deal with this. It was getting to the point of suspicion that SHE was a traitor, which was ridiculous and unthinkable. She'd never do anything to betray the kingdom, not when Kana, Sai, and more importantly Rena, were here. Alana she could care less about, but she was Sai's wife and Rena's daughter, so she had to make sure she stayed unharmed as well for their sake. Sighing, she looked out the window.

Yusuke appears behind her without a sound, coming through her room down this time. He knew no one of consequence was home, he didn't make good money hunting e would be come a thief. Looking at Marina as he called out to her."Marina."He said her name as he closed the door behind him looking at her calmly.
He wasn't armed with all his weapons as he just carried his knives as he was waiting on her to answer him.

Marina head his voice, and any words were caught in her throat. She turned, flinging her knife at him, but it wasn't to really hit him so much as to show frustration at the moment. "Why?" she asked him. "Why did you even come here?" she asked him, her voice getting a bit louder. She was upset, and it was clear. Hurt, because she had developed feelings for a rebel and hadn't even known it.

Lifting his left hand he caught the knife in-between his finger. He was skilled enough to do it without getting cut. Looking at her knife he sits it down on the table watching her."Cause your here..."He said to her. Not sure what to say then again he taking advice from his wolves to come here."I wanted to see you...I...I never meant to deceive you. I wanted to tell I really did."He said not approaching her as he watches her.

Marina sighed, backing away from him a bit. "Well, it's too late now. You're a rebel. Leave. I'm already being suspected of bein a traitor because of you!" She said. "And I have people to protect..." When he didn't immediately leave, she clenched her fists. "Just get out of here dammit before I have to kill you!" She yelled at him.

Yusuke looked at her." Why does me being a rebel matters? I know you have feelings for me."He says to her as he nods to her."I understand that and so do I. I wish to protect you."He says as Marina scream attracted one of the guards as some notice the guards was knocked out. More guards was alerted as Yusuke wsn't worried."Now what you going to do?" He asked her as he could hear the alarm sounding as they knew he was here with her.

Marina shook her head the entire time he spoke, then looked at him. "I'm gonna do what I have to....I'm sorry, Yusuke..." Running towards him, she quickly pulled her other knife, going in to stab him, a few tears in her eyes as she did so. But she had to. It was the only way she could not be killed.

Yusuke eyes widens as he knew this would happen, moving his hand as if he was going to catch it and stop her he didn't as he was stabbed. She cut him deep as the guards Busted into her room just to see Marina stabbing Yusuke. Groan he looked at marina with anger in his eyes as he punches her hard then knees her in her stomach as he needed to get out know.
The guards rushes in as Yusuke made it to the window as the knife was still in his side. Bleeding heavily as his exit was blocked. Archers fire at him as he dodges the arrows as the blood pours form his side. He jumps landing to the ground as many gaurd with sword and spears rushes him. Growling loudly as he transforms his left arm transforms into his claw as he took on of his knifes in his mouth and one in hand as he runs to the guards.
Yusuke wasn't going to be taken easily as he managed to get away but not without damage. The guards chased him until he disappeared at the lake. Yusuke fell in as the lake was caked with blood but it disappeared in the running water. The knife Marina stabbed him with was laying at the gate to the castle.

Marina let him punch her, and even knee her in the stomach, dropping to her knees and turning from the guards so they wouldn't see her crying still. She finally had enough. "Get out!" she yelled at the ones still in her room, giving them death glares. They backed off and exited, and she finally stood, stumbling over to her bed and flopping down on it. After a few minutes though, her eyes were dried. She needed to go find him, she knew that. He might not be dead yet. She slipped out her window, quietly heading for the gate without the guards noticing, even able to get the knife she stabbed him with.

It didn't take her long to find the lake. Looking around, she didn't see anything until she fully looked at the lake and saw the blood. She wasn't sure what to do now. She had the knife in her hand, and it was shaking. She should make sure he was dead. But she couldn't move.

Down steam, as he managed to grab a vine with his claw hand and pulls himself up. His head popping out of the water he inhales and coughs. Getting to shore he groans in pain as his left arm transforms back to normal, coughing as his wounds closed up but he lost a lot of blood so he was weaken. Dropping chest first into the dirt he pants softly laying there as he know Marina would be okay now. She could forget about him without being branded a traitor

Marina could hear the coughing. She raced over, stopping in front of him, knife still in her hand, over him. Her hand was shaking, and she slammed it right down...into the ground beside him, dropping to her knees. She was crying again, trying to figure out just what the hell she was doing. Isiah had gone, probably dead, and she hadn't had feelings for anyone else until now...and here he was, a rebel.

Yusuke knew that scent as he opens his eye looking up to her then closing it again."Well...Do it."He said to her as he was waiting for his death. She was in the clear they saw she tried to kill him and she was in turned attacked by him. He didn't expect mercy from her not after all the story's she told of her killing people.

Yusuke was already passed out, but he heard her just before blacking out. She hear foot steps walking to her as a women with Silver hair and piercing red eyes look down at her. She had several wolves with her as they was the same species as Yusuke;s but a bit bigger. Looking at Yusuke then to her."Your name Marina?"She asked her as she knew of her and she knew this would happen to Yusuke.

Marina heard the woman and looked at her, blinking a bit. "Y-Yeah..." she answered, looking at the wolves that were similar to Yusuke's own. "Who are you?" she asked. She didn't know what was going on now, aside from the fact Yusuke was unconscious and it was all her fault.

"Not important.."She said looking to once of her wolves as it walked over to Yusuke grabbing him and pulling him from Marina. The women placed Yusuke on the wolf back as he was big enough to carry him."See ya around."She simply says as she got whom she came for she was ready to kill Marina if she tried any thing with her son. Looking at him as she sighs."Stupid boy getting yourself killed to clear her name."She says walking back in the forest.
Some of the guards came up with torches looking for the body."Marina have you found anything."They say she was party wet but they kept there distance just in-case she was still mad about something.

Marina watched the woman grabbed up Yusuke, putting him on the wolf's back and taking him away. She stood, swaying a bit and about to follow through the forest, determined, but then the guards came up. She shook her head at her. "No. There's nothing. Just forget about it. He's gone.." she told them, before stubbornly heading towards the forest. "Get out of here....I SAID GET OUT!"

The guards did what she said and called off the search as they figured he was dead any way. They headed back to report, as the silver hair women walked calmly through the forest as she looked to her son she grab some things as they walked as she gather many herbs to heal him as she figures it was time to finish his training."Hm..."She felt someone behind her and getting close to him.

Marina kept walking. She couldn't let it end like this, not again. She'd been stupid for what she'd done. There had to be a different way. One that didn't involve her being branded a traitor. She could never betray the others, wouldn't dream of it. But there had to be some sort of compromise and she needed to figure it out.

One of the wolves stayed behind as it looks at Marina, it turns slowly and walked. Showing her the way in the darkness where Yusuke was taken. It was about a 45 minute walk as she find herself in a part of the forest most of there bravest warriors would never good as there was a pack of wolves there and each noticed Marina being lead. She was taken to a hut where there was three other humans as the silver hair women was strapping Yusuke down to a table."So I see your brave enough to follow."She said to Marina so she heard over the panting and barking wolves.

Yusuke's Mother looked at her calmly."I guess you already know not to do or try anything stupid while your here."She walked to her as he looks at her."My name is Silvia."She says as she motions her to follow her to her hut."You may want to chance your cloths while your here. That is if your staying."She said to her calmly.

Silvia hears her but doesn't look at her as she find her some of her cloths to wear."Here...Then." She walked off looking back at her."He may not wake up."She paused for a second."For a while now."She says as she was tiring to worry her on purpose. Silvia in truth didn't like this women as she distracted Yusuke from his training to reaching the next level but now it was no choice but to force change as it was the only way to mend and heal his body. A druid walked over to her and whispers as she nods to him as he goes to start the ceremony."Feel free to stay in my den and wait."She says leaving her.
A wolf appears behind Marina and stares at her tiring to make head of tails of her. He was curious was she one of the clan or a outsider as she smelled Yusuke scent on her at the same time there are no clan marks on her.

Marina nodded. "I don't care, I'll wait...." she told her. She watched as the druid came in, whispered, and the woman told her to stay and wait. She sat down, sighing, her face in her hands. It was then a wolf appeared. She turned to look at it, smiling a bit. "Hey boy.." she said to the wolf, cautiously reaching out to see if it would let her pet him. Yusuke's wolves liked her, and knew her quite well. Maybe this one was just as friendly. "That reminds me I wonder where Stoker and Sharp are.."

Back
Top Bottom