Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Russian Hobby(Onica and ArcturusV)

Re: (Onica and ArcturusV)

The medical officer did not seem to wait until the drugs started to fully work when he started work on her wounds. The look on his face making it clear that he was already tired of dealing with her. After all he must have had more the enough of there own men to take care of. Rather then patching up an enemy soldier. Not really caring if she was in pain or not as he started to stitch her up once more. Her pain clear with the shaky sound of her breathing, the look in her eyes as she looked away from the doctor. Finally the pain killers starting to work as he reached the last two gun shot wounds.

The side effects of the drugs, mixed with how tired she was right now. It would not be long before she just passed out on the floor, head moving upward to look at her tormentor as he asked his questions. "I really didn't want anything from you...but your not leaving me with many choices are you? Is this some kinda game to see how long I'll try and hold out or something?" Words tired, a mix of just being worn out, lack of sleep and now the drugs.

The officer squatted down, to be closer to the Marine's head, making sure that she heard him before she went out. "You had a choice. They would not kill you. You merely wanted a discomfort to stop. And I provided it. Remember that."

He kept where he was, looming over her until she started to get drousy.

"Tomorrow is another day Little Bird, don't disappoint me," his hand reached out, brushing her hair aside from her face, lingering on her left cheek. A smile creeped onto his face as he watched her fade away.

"Mission accomplished," he told the medic as he finally stood up over the marine.

"Then tomorrow?"

"We shall see."

With that, they closed the door shut, slamming the deadbolt back in. She was left in the dark, alone, to sleep and heal.

Indeed, it did not take her long to fade. The dark room seeming to welcome the deep sleep she passed into. Letting her body slide down onto the ground, bringing her knees into her chest. Curled up, head resting on the hard cold ground. Listening to the bolt on the door slam shut, just as her eyes did. Her breathing light yet heavy. Her world going black and not because of the lack of light in the room.

_______

She jumped as she heard the bolt that locked the door slam open, sitting up as sleepy eyes watched the door slowly open. God, she had not slept that hard in a long time, but with the pain killers still in her system she still felt drousy. "Ding round two," nothing more then a whisper in her head. Trying not to think about what today would bring. After all she had no idea what time it was or how long this day was going to be.

As the door opened, light flooded into the room, bright and harsh. Sure enough, there was the officer again. He was back in his dress uniform, the only weapon upon him that knife again. he stood impassively blocking hte doorway, hands at his sides as he looked down at the waking marine.

"Ah Little Bird, feeling stiff today are we not? Could likely use a hot bath and a change of clothing."

"If that's what you have in mind," words more mellow then anything, clear signs that she had just woken up. Her mind not yet fully awake to put up a fight. Even going as far as to lay back down on the ground. After all he was right about one thing....her body was sore. Knowing all to well that the officer most likely had other things up his sleeves even if she did not know what those things where.

Looking him up and down from where she laid on the floor, that is he if didn't come to pull her to her feet.

"Passive resistance, the last refuge of the weak and cowardly," the Officer laughed out loud at her answer. He didn't care at all that she was looking him over. His uniform was simple, dark sand color, thick boots well polished, every prim and proper, though his belt oddly was missing a sidearm holster. No jacket, but only a short sleeved shirt which was button up to the top, his rank insignia as a Captain clearly visable.

"Are you so easily tamed Little Bird? Only a few hours and you lose all spirit?"

"No....just still to drugged to try and make a brake for you knife. Plus I'm enjoying this dream of slitting your throat and watching you choke to death on your own blood." She would not talk about the fact she was to sore to move, he might make quick fun of that. "Don't you have troops to lead or something."

She would wait a minute before trying to sit herself up by sliding herself up against a wall. Making what seemed like every bone in her spin crack, the dried blood that had caked on her wounds cracking like thin red ice. Her next words would be the same, maybe today she would get answers, "What do you want for me...or am I going to have to answer your questions to get answers of my own?"

The officer laughed to himself as he reached back, signaling a man from down the hall. He was still chuckling at the antics of his Little Bird as the soldier arrived with a simple steel folding chair. The Captain took it curtly and dismissed the man before unfolding it, and plopping it right down in the doorway, followed soon after by himself. His hands rested on his knees, and he sat facing straight at her.

"Now this is interesting Little Bird... you might be of value yet," he smiled to himself, eying her in a new light. Tattered clothing, exposed, leaning against a wall, barely holding herself up, but still she was seeking answers, hoping for some edge.

"I will fancy you this game. Honest answers, if I think you are lying, then the game is over. Yes and no questions only, da? Make this interesting. You may take the first question."

He leaned back in his chair, eyeing her, wondering just what she would come up with.

She agreed and her first question might be a shocker or it might not. It all depended on how well he thought he knew her, "Am I going to die here?" Her question was sincere and if he listened well enough he might have heard a hint of fear in her voice. Waiting quietly for his answer and his question. Clear however she was looking for something, watching him closely as if waiting to see if he would lie. Because like he said if there was any lying, then the game would be over. She felt like she was paying that damn card came 'Bullshit' but this time there was no cards and well knowledge of what would be happening to her would be lost.

He man took a deep breath, his gaze going upwards towards the lone light int he room, shining bright through its shatter resistant case in the ceiling. He took his moment to ponder the question before looking back down at the marine. No smiles, no condescending looks. He was staring her in the eyes when he said.

"No, not as it stands now."

Now he leaned forward, his hands braced against his knees as he studied the woman before him, wondering what question he should ask in return. Finally a slight smirk came to his face, as he opened with what he thought was a very innocent question, "Do you have any family fighting right now?"

"No, but my brother was killed at the start of this war." She was telling the truth, she had a brother that was fighting but he had been killed at the start of the war. She had family that she was fighting to keep safe though. But now it came to her next question and she had a million of them...she just had to word him right. Her heart seemed to start to speed up. What could she ask that would get her the most answers. And it could only be yes or no answers.

"Are you going to do the same to me over time as you did to that officer?" or was it going to be worse.....

The officer cocked his head to the side. His eyes looked up and towards the right as he tried to recall who "taht officer" could have been referring to. It took him a good half minute, but when it finally came to mind a smile came to his face. He chuckled a little, recalling just what she was talking about.

"No," he answered simply and point blank.

"Are you hungry?"

She found herself torn between this answer. Yes she was hungry, No she did not want food from him or his troops. Taking her time to answer this one, she had to many questions to lie right now, "Yes." That answer felt like acid being poured down her throat. But at less she could get another question out of him.

"Is my fate going to be worse then his?" She was trying to slowly finger out what this officer's plans for her would be. She wanted to know why he kept her around, what kinda hobby she was going to be used as, what his idea of passing time with her would be. All things she had to word in yes or no questions which starting to piss her off.

The officer shifted, resting his right elbow on hsi knee, taking his free hand to stoke his chin a bit as he pondered over her qeustion. He took his time really thinking it over, working out the angles and possibilities, the choices and consequences. But in the end, it was weighed down in his own morality and beliefs on what was in fact better or worse. And in that light, he answered calmly, "No."

"Are you afraid of dark, small places?"

"Yes," but why would he want to know that....only another question to ask in a yes or no format. How to word these questions, her eyes moving up to meet his. The saying seemed to be true right now 'the eyes are the windows to the soul' and right now body, mind and soul where asking the same question. What is going to happen to me?

She feel quite, really quite...her eyes seemed to be locked on his as her mind raced to we word one of her million questions. But she would never get the answers she really needed with just a yes or no it seemed. Her mind drawing blank and finally she decided to question his last answer, "Your lying to me." That thought alone that he was lying about the fate that rested in his hand, her fate seemed to make something snap in her head. Her back pressing against the wall trying to stand, her legs shaking some. The question that was in her eyes coming from her lips...her voice starting to sound somewhat desperate, "What's going to happen to me......what the hell do you want from me?" It was not a yes or no question but he might not have to answer. Fore as soon as she asked she made a leap of faith for the knife at his side and this time she felt her hand wrap around it or at less the case.

She had to be hungry, thirsty, tired, and sore. It had been far too long, he was actually surprised she could make the lunge at him. He saw her coming in, felt her reaching for the knife, getting her hands upon it. But surprise was surprise and it didn't stop him from twisting his body, and bringing his fist down hard on the back of her skull. He'd try to pop up as fast as he could, knocking the chair out away from him. And drawing the attention of the soldier down the hall who had handed him the chair.

"Ah yes Little Bird, struggle more against your fate."

She did not know what hurt more, the hit on the back of her head that sent her world spinning or how hard she hit the ground when he stood up. Her hands letting go of the knife, her hands reaching up to grab her head. Her face pointed to the ground as her body shook some. Hungry, thirsty, tired, sore, dirty, clothes in ruins, cold but what seemed to make her brake down the most seemed to be the unknown. Not knowing what was going to happen to her, or what he had planned for her...that alone started to make tears start to form in her eyes. That same question leaving her lips as she tried to stand again, "Whats going to happen to me? Whats your fucking plan, what do you want from me?" Her face was facing toward the ground as her hands tried to push her up, her legs trying to stand.

The man kneeled down next to her, watching her struggle to push herself up. He did nothing to keep her down, nor did she get a hand up from him. Instead, he smiled, looking over at her, cocking his head so she could see his face. An impassive expression, no smiles, no sneering. "It is your choice Little Bird. Your fate is in your hands. You could be warm, with a full belly, and a soft bed. or you can continue to get weaker, fading away in this little concrete box."

He stood slowly as she tried to get onto her feet. He was already moving, circling around her like a shark. "Or you can repeat this process."

It was like a light bulb went off inside her head. "I didn't lie the game's not over." She at less thought she fingered his game out. What he was watching and waiting for her to do, "Are you just going to let me stay here until I give in?" Maybe this would be the question that could give her some closer. But if that was he game she was close. Her hunger was eating away at her. Mouth dry and skin like ice the human mind would break down before the body would.....the marine was only human after all.

"Oh, so now you want to play again Little Bird?" The captain leaned in behind her. He slid up until he was just a foot behind her, fully aware of her hands and another possible lunge for his weapon. He blew out hsi warm breath upon her back, right between the shoulder blades.

"Yes Little Bird," he answered her finally. He whispered the word to her, lettin git hang in the air. He watched her carefully, measuring her reaction.

"Do you realize what it means?" he asked her in return.

"I guess..." Body pushing up a little more until she felt herself press into him. "So after this game is done and I finally give in....do you have another one planned? Another game for you to play with me?" His warm breath on her back sent chills across her skin, yet at the same time it felt good on her cold skin. It made her realize how cold she really was, how hungry she really was.....how human she really was. She did not know how much longer she could hold out, how much more her body could give before she finally gave in. Her body falling back down, her knees the only thing keeping her from laying fully on the ground.

"Yes Little Bird. Another, and another, and another, until you no longer entertain me," he whispered to her as she fleet to her knees. He followed her down, squatting to remain at her level, near her, still breathing upon her back. He reached out with his right hand, gently clasping onto her upper arm, but with just enough strenth to keep her upright.

"Is there something you want from me Little Bird?"

At first she though she was going to fall back to the ground, but his hand on her arm helped steady her. Looking over to the door to see the soldier from before. The one that had brought the officer the chair. Just standing in the door way watching them some, most likely to make sure the officer was okay and that she was no danger to him. Her and the soldier's eyes meet if only for a minute, but it was long enough to make him say something in a russian......well a few things really. It was enough to make her look away, body waiting to give under what little she weighed. She had got her answer, even if it was not what she hoped. At less she had an idea what her stay would be like now and it brought no easy to her tired mind like she hoped.

As for his question, hell she knew she was not going anywhere now so why not, "Yes....water. I want some water."

"Was he talking to me?" Her question about what the soldier had said.

"You remember the rules, da?" the Officer whipspered to her. He drew himself closer behind her, to a point where they were almost touching and she could probably feel the warmth radiating off his body. His head leaned sloer, nearly in her ear as he said, "Use your manners Little Bird, be a good girl."

The officer shifted his eyes up towards the guard who was standing in the doorway, giving him a look that told him to keep his thoughts to himself. He hardly wanted the distraction right now.

If he only knew how tempted she was to lean back into him, the warmth of his body alone making her want to cross that line. But she didn't, her body swaying like a leaf in a light breeze now, his hand on her arm the only thing keeping her from falling. "Please," she would finally say, not knowing which was more painful being shot or what seemed like begging, "can I have some water." The idea of going for his knife came to mind again, but it was not his throat she thought about slicing open. Anything would be better then being here.

Back
Top Bottom