Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Russian Hobby(Onica and ArcturusV)

Onica

Star
Her head was spinning, and even with her eyes open all she could see was darkness. Pulling at her arms she found them tied to the arms of a chair, and the same with her neck and legs. She could hear voices....but she could not understand what they where saying. God her head hurt....what had happened.

________

~A day earlier~

Then wind was blowing against the eye guard of her flight helmet, a young female marine at the door gun of her helicopter. It was not a big mission, just go and pick up some wounded soldiers from a battle filled city and bring them back to base safely. A common MEDEVAC. She did not look like most military...her uniform a flight suit instead of cami uniforms her brothers down below wore. They where coming close to the pick up zone and she loaded the gun. The landing was fast and the battle loud. How did it get so close to there pick up zone?

The soldiers they where going to pick up where pinned down by snipers and the helicopter that was going to pervade cover fire was down. With out thinking Onica left her post. Running to grab the door gun from the other helicopter to give cover fire....at first she did not fill the gun shot that went threw her right shoulder or the next one that went into her left side. The only thing she knew was that she had to get to that gun and give cover fire. She had to get those troops out of there. Even if her commander was trying to call her back to the safety of the spinning bird.

After all she could not shoot the gun that she had maned before...to many things where in the way. It did not take long for the snipers to shoot at her a few more times once she got to the downed helicopter...but her fire let the ones they came to get make it to the safety of the MEDEVAC helicopters. Two more shots...she went down as they both hit. Leaving the her number of gun shot wounds at four. Blacking out some. Onica could remember someone dragging her back to the rescue aircraft. She remembered them taking off. But what happened after that was not the easy job she hoped for. The aircraft was shot down....she could hear the sound of the main blade of the helicopter grindin. Everything was spinning as the bird hit the ground...it went down and her world went black.

She could fell the heat of the flames...the weight of the hot metal on top of her. She could see people moving around out side, even if they where just shadows to her. Maybe the crashed in a safe zone. Maybe the troops out side where from the other helicopters.

"Help me..."

________

~Here and Now~

Her memory was whited out as the bag was taken off her head, the light blinding now. The fingers around her nothing but shadows in the light...and then there was that fist to her gut that had her coughing in pain now. At first she could not make out what they where saying, yelling at her. Some seemed to speak in a different tongue or maybe it was just because her head was spinning so fast.

The first sense that came back to her was her smell. The mold and smell of mildew. Her sense of touch came back soon after as a chill ran down. The pain from the gun shot wounds starting to send strong signals to her brain, making her twitch in pain some as she looked around the room. Taking in as much as she could even if everything was spinning around her. The voice of one of the male's sounded like something you would hear when you where under water. Her face turning a little greenish from the room spinning so bad.

Her head rolling back as she started to cough, and would have most likely thrown up if she had eaten anything in the past day. Sense she hadn't it saved the guys a mess to clean up. Vertigo was a bitch, even more so when you where already hurting.

(I suck at first post sorry)

Re: (Onica and ArcturusV)

A loud slam rang out as the door slammed shut somewhere infront of the dazed and wounded woman. A new voice, speaking quickly in a foreign language snapped out three quick lines, followed by a meaty noise of a dull impact upon flesh.

The door opened once more, and closed, much more quietly than it had before. There was however no mistaking the loud noise of a bolt locking home, sealing the door shut in a crude, but effective manner.

The new voice spoke once more, and heading towards the woman came another shadow in teh light. It was kneeling down, and soon a sharp prick poked her arm, hitting dead onto a vein. Painkillers were pumped into her. The figure kneeling near her proceeded to check over her wounds, opening or cutting away clothing as needed, removing bandages, cleaning wounds, redressing, all in silence.

"Awake now little bird?" the english came from the first voice, a figure still looming under the bright lights before the captured soldier. It was thickly accented, Eastern Bloc by the sound of it.

As clothes where cut and wounds where dressed, it was clear to see that this young woman might be in the best shape of her life....well besides for the medical problems. Strong muscles jumped slightly as the wounds where cleaned and treated, not fully visible under her flesh but still she proved to be in good shape. Her arms and legs pulling at the chair that she had been bound to, no matter how weak the movements where. Pain killers starting to work, making her life a little better though not much.

The look in her eyes made it clear that she was still in a daze though not in much pain anymore. Half dressed now, her upper body once dressed by her flight suit and t-shirt now replaced by field dressings.

She was able to catch what the guy speaking in English was saying. At first her mouth would move, but no words would come from her lips; her own words just echoing in her head. Yet soon words would start to form, even if they where a little staggered, "Cpl Thevis...Onica. U.S. Mar....Serial Numb...1918...." Half the things she said seemed to fade into nothing not giving full words or Numbers it seemed. It seemed she was trained well, saying what most soldiers where trained to say when caught. Though it would not do her much good.

The man leaned forward, dismissing hte medic with but a word, sending him off just a couple of steps, out of hte way but close by should any complications arise. His hand came out, grasping up a handful of the corporal's hair close to the scalp, pulling her head upright, staring right into his green eyes, his leathery skin around the eys wrinkling up as his gaze narrowed uponed her. His empty hand reached up towards her, slapping her just hard enough to give a nice stinging sensation even with the painkillers, something to draw her attention.

"Come come, little bird," the man spoke softly, contrasting with the harshness of his tight grip upon her scalp, "Time to wake up little bird. Rise and shine."

She did not know if it was the slap or the fact that he grabbed her hair so damn hard, but one of the two or maybe a mix of them knocked her out of her daze. Trying her best to shake her head, to try and clear her mind...but his good grip on her hair kept the young soldier from doing much. Bringing some unwanted to pain to her head. She was awake, trying to understand why she was being called bird.

Fingers trying to grasp at chair, daring to meet his glaze with her own hazel orbs; a mix of dark greens and bright blues. Narrowing as she studied the face that was at her level. Legs pulling at the legs of chair, her arms and upper body to sore to fight against the ropes. Not saying anything right now.

The man pulled away slightly. A sly smile crossed his face, he looked to be in his hearly to mid thirdties, wearing the uniform of a Russian Officer, insignia marking him as a unit commander. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a pack of cigarettes, tapping on the pack until two popped out. He slowly pulled one out with his mouth, reaching for a lighter as he held the other out towards the Marine's face, letting her take one if she wanted. If she didn't take it, hed shrug it off, putting it back into his pocket before he lit up.

"So be it."

"Come from around here?"

The young Marine could not have been older then her early twenties, the dog tags around her neck saying she was only 21. Her face, though a little cut up, still held her youth and her bright eyes still held that strong spirit. Her hands and lower arms held cuts and scars....but not made by the crash...did not make her seem like the type to do paper work. Maybe she worked on the helicopters she had been flying in? That could be useful information if they could get it out of her later.

It was clear by the look in her eyes she was thinking about taking the cigarette, her mouth opening slightly to take it from the pack. Why not. If she did not die from lung cancer in the next few weeks she knew these guys would most likely kill her. Eyes going back to the officer as he spoke, "No."

She was part of a MEDEVAC unit that had made base a few states over from this area. It was not common that they came this far into what the enemy had taken over.

The officer reached out, lighting the cigarette that she had taken. He took a slow drag from his own smoke, exhaling in a long, slow sigh as he looked the enemy over once more.

"Not much for the conversation, yes?" He took another long drag, obviously taking a measure of pleasure from it. "American, good yes?"

He leaned back forward, the barest of grins coming to his face. "You want more, radio? Food? Drink? Come, just ask, it is all you must do."

It took a few puffs on the cigarette before she remembered she did not have her hands free to take it out her mouth. Trying her best to move it to the side of her mouth so she could let the smoke roll from her lungs and into the air before her. She was hungry, and could do with a cold glass of water...but she would not ask him for anything. She knew it would come with a price later on. As for his question about not being much for conversation the Marine could not help but answer, "I don't chat with the enemy. Even less when you shot down my helicopter and tied me to a chair. But thanks for the smoke."

Moving the cigarette back to the center of her lips and took a few more puffs.

The man leaned back as the marine answered. But rather than get angry, he started laughing. A deep, soft chuckle that came form deep within his belly. He stood back up finally, towering over the marine as he started to walk in a slow circle. He stopped behind her, close enough to her that if she tilted her eyes and head up she could just barely see him.

"Enemy," his hand reached down, brushing some of her hair behind her ear. "There are no enemies here. There is just you, and me."

And no mention of the medic, who still waited silently to the side, away from the two and thier little first meeting.

"We need not be enemies here. We are merely soldiers, the same," his hand trailed down her neck, resting on her shoulder, gripping it softly. "If you want... we may be enemies. We may not. It all depends upon you, your choice."

Just to emphasize his point, he grip shifted slightly. He squeezed tight upon her shoulder, and coincidentally was pressing his thumb into one of her newly dressed wounds, putting on enough pressure to make her feel a bit of pain without tearing open the wound.

She did her best to try and watch him as he walked around her, "Well we are sure as hell not buddies." Her words a little bitter. A slight chill going down her back as she felt him touch her neck and rest his hands on her shoulder. The cigarette falling from her lips as he pressed against the wound, a small cough leaving her as she choked on the last of the smoke in her lungs. A slight moan of pain leaving her as she let her head fall forward. Trying her best to hold back a cry of pain. Sure he did not press hard but still it hurt like hell.

"Fuck you," words more like a whisper as she closed her eyes, waiting for him to let go or to do something else.

He let go after only a sharp short press, and circled back around in front of her. The smile was gone now. "Fuck me?" His tone was played up to sound wounded, though a hint of the chuckle from before remained. He took another drag on his smoke, heating up the cherry before he plucked it from his mouth. With one swift move he put out the cigarette on the marine's exposed stomach.

He kneeled down again, at eye level to her. If she wouldn't look at him, he'd reach out and hold her gaze up. "You want to do something? You want to strike me? You ask, that's all. Ask and I'll release you."

She could not hold it in when he pressed the hot amber into her exposed stomach, a mix of a scream and cry of pain leaving her lips. Her body jerked around, trying to free herself but in the end only hurting herself more as she reopened a few of her gun shots. It would take a few minutes before she calmed down, a look that could kill playing across her face as she looked up at the officer.

(Sorry so short on my lunch brake)

(No worries.)

"Da. The pain, is good no? Remind you that you still live," the man was giving the marine a cocky half grin, just the right side of his mouth upturned. He let that grin come back in the face of her killer's stare. His hand slipped down to his side, towards the only weapon the man had brought into this cell, a standard field knife.

"You want to, yes? You want to take this and plunge it into my heart, perhaps slit my troath like a pig?"

He drew out the blade slowly, twisting it in his hand when it was free, letting the sharp light shine along the moving blade. "So close minded. No vision, no acceptance, no manners. Just a crude, brash American."

"Just keep in mind who attacked who," Her voice low almost in a whisper. But the truth was....she did not really know who had started the war. Sure everyone had heard about that weapon, but like so many other soldiers she did not care about the damn thing. Fighting more to keep their loved ones safe then anything now, after all they where loosing ground and Canada's borders had not been opened to civilians refuges yet. Even though the governments where close to coming to some kinda understanding.

Her eyes following the knife, but every now and then looking up at her capture. How could he called her closed minded and could he really blame her for not accepting him...after all his troops did shoot her. She really had every right to be angry in her mind.

The man chuckled again as she spoke back to him. His knife twisted in his grip, and he brought it slowly towards the marine. The flat of the blade was exposed to her, no pressure applied behind the blade as he brought it towards her chest. It was quite cold. And he traced it along her curves towards her burn.

"And you killed my men, and supply criminals who murder in the night," the capaint countered. He drew up closer to the captive, nearly 4 inches from her. There was the scent of the captain's dinner still lingering about him, savory spices and roasted meats, just a hint of something else a bit sweet.

"Is there something you want?" he asked in a quiet whisper, one that could not be heard by the medic.

She had to admit she was hungry and the smell of food did not help nor did the case of dry mouth she was stating to get. Her body hurt, her eyes seemed some what heavy. Yet, even when the officer came close to her and asked her what she wanted she could not help but answer, "Nothing."

God she would be a lovely girl if she was cleaned up, and was not so banged up. She looked like she took good care of herself, skin still soft even after all she had been threw. Dark brown hair kept long even if it was a little knotted and because he was so close he might be able to see how bright her hazel eyes really where. She smelt somewhat like blood and burnt fuel, both that could be washed away. But it was clear that she still thought that he and his men where in the wrong. After all they where the one attacked them on there own shores....well every one had attacked them. All because of a few men that made a weapon.

The man breathed deeply, but refused to move back even an inch. "Defiant for the sake of defiance," he whispered back to her, "you are hungry, thirsty, it has been a long time. You will cramp up here and slowly starve."

He finally pulled back from her, his face softened as he stood back up. His blade went back into its sheath. "What victory do you think you'll achieve in pain, discomfort, and starvation?"

She seemed to brake down some, giving in a little, "Because I know everything that I get now is going to come with a price later. Do you really think I think your keeping me here out of the kindness of your heart? Sooner or later your going to want questions answered and well your not going to get them from me. Do you really think I feel sorry for the fact that my men kill your men when ya'll attacked us on our own shores of something that over half the people in this country dose not even get you use or really know about besides the little bit they hear on the news. So how about this...You know I'm not going to give you answers, I know I'm not going to give you answers...." She stopped mid way threw her idea. Just now remembering something, "What happened to the rest of the men on that helicopter I was on?"

Maybe she was just at the bottom of the list for questioning....

"Ah, Little Bird, Little Bird," he couldn't help but chuckle at her outbrust. he shook his head slowly as he started pacing around her chair again, circling slowly as if he was a shark and her a diver hiding in her little cage. He let his right hand trace along her shoulders, across her back, across her clavicle as he did so.

"Your comrades, were not so stubborn. Names, caches, hideouts, units and stockpiles. My men are out there right now, the first reports coming back, success bringing the war criminals to justice."

He leaned down close to her ear as he paused on her left. He whispered quietly to her:

"The pilot, he cried like a little girl, begging me to spare him. He fcould not wait to divulge."

He pulled back up slowly, "You, Little Bird, are merely a distraction."

She could not believe that. No she worked with those men....one of them even saved her life. They would not given in so easy. What had they done to them to make them talk and would they do the same if they needed more information they what they got from the others. This worried her or more like scared the shit out of her. Even biting her lower lip as the officer touched her. Trying to look away as he grabbed her head and whispered into her ear about the pilot. She most likely knew him, most likely flew with him a number of times. But it was the last comment that got her, "A distraction?"

What kinda of distraction was more of the question and for who. Hell if the others where dead they must have though she was dead as well. After all she had been in worse shape then anyone else if she remembered right.

"Da. A distraction, an amusement to pass the time," he finished whispering to her. He stood again slowly, his hand removing itself from the corporal's body. He took two slow paces forward, keeping his back to the cpative now, seeming to talk to the door, bolted and secured.

"Little Bird. I do not like you, or your people. Soft, childish, expecting everything, not a lick of civilization," his hands were clasped behind his back, his posture arrow straight as though he were deliviering a formal report. His tone was even and measured, devoid of the distaste he held for the subject at hand.

"I have gleaned what I need from your weak, decadent comrades. You, I shall take my time with. You I shall enjoy. You are the little hobby between dull paperwork and progress reports. Nothing more."

It seemed that his words stuck something in her, the Marine not saying a word. A clear look of worry and almost fear on her face. Knowing if they really did get all the information they needed from her comrades there would be nothing she could say or do to stop them from doing what they wanted. She would have nothing to barter with when it came time for this officer pursue his so called "Hobby" as he called her. For the first time really she let her eyes move from the man that was standing before her and look at the locked door.

No one would help her now if she called out for someone to saver her, reality smacking her in the face. Hell she didn't even know where she was. With her luck she was down deep into enemy calmed states. Troops to busy trying to hold off the invading armies to worry about the POWs that the enemy had taken for right now.

"Da, so you start to see Little Bird."

He turned his head slowly, looking back over his right shoulder towards the captive. He couldn't help but allow a sly smile to creep onto his face. A short phrase was barked out in his native language, the medic from before coming over toward sher, making sure her wounds would not get infected, and that she would last through the night. As necessary he'd clean and redress her wounds.

"I will give you a moment to consider, just what sort of hobby you wish to be."

With that, he barked out another phrase, the bolt slammed back, the door opened with a heavy squeel of rusted, metal hinges. Cold air rushed in from the hall beyond, flooding into the cell.The captain and the medic stepped out, one after the other, just to have the door slammed closed behind him, the bolt driven back into place. Muffled words were exchanged, and the sole, naked, bright bulb in the room winked out.

She could not hold back the shake her body gave way to when the door was opened and the cold air filled the room. Not knowing really what the officer meet when he told her to pick what kinda hobby she was going to be. Guess she would find out soon enough. It was not like she was going anywhere when the door was shut and darkness filled the room. If only he knew how scared she was of the dark and small closed in rooms like this...

"Oh fuck this..." she would say to herself, loud enough for someone to hear her if they where listening. Pulling and fighting against the chair she was tied to. Head turning in every-which-way trying to see something but only darkness welcomed her it seemed. The cold air that now seemed to fill the air made chills run down her flesh. Then again it might just be she was going threw that funny moment when you can't help but pick out everything that was wrong with the room around you.

Back
Top Bottom