Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

From The Other Side

Hahvoc The Decepticon

Singularity
http://www.upworthy.com/a-girl-gets-attacked-at-school-for-being-straight?g=2

So I watched this video and I think everyone should. It IS disturbing but is based on real stories of LGBT youth and flipped on its head- What if this happened to straight people? What if straight people were subjected to the same hate and torture?

I've said this to many people - especially my dad- and the straight one who aren't open minded much say this: Well that's stupid because it will never happen.

Then watch this video.

That was a good way to turn it around. I think it would appeal best to people who have a hard time understanding queers.

It ... was definitely an interesting view to look at, for sure. I endured a lot of bullying during school but not for being straight of all things. Then again, with how the IQ of people seems to be dropping along with society dwindling, sad to say but I can see people being that pathetic to judge others for such simple things. It's tragic, really. But the movie was definitely an eye-opener, hands down and even if brutally harsh, inspiring in it's own way.

Interesting concept, but mildly disturbing. Normally, I'm all for an-eye-for-an-eye, but... Jesus.

Human beings are cruel motherfuckers.

@Fenrir: About as much as we are cruel, I'd say we're pretty hypocritical also. Shame really. So many of us don't really have the right to judge [with actual ones being some of the few exceptions, for obvious reasons] and yet we - society even - still find it to be our place to say "Hey! You're doing this wrong or are wrong for _______." [insert belief, sexuality, pretty much anything]. And that's bullshit! It shouldn't be that way ... in any location or country. And yet, sadly, it is too much.

As sweet as it was I doubt it'd do much for those who don't understand homosexuality. Like Hahvy said, I can see a lot of people who feel that way going in without an open mind and end up saying "That'd never happen." There have been a lot of videos made, like the one following the perspective of the lover of the one man (hiding their identity) and at the end the lover walks out and reveals it was a man.

A man made a video telling a story about his him and his husband (not legally of course). They were best friends who ended up falling in love and had been together for I think 10ish years? Eventually his husband got in an accident and died and the guy's family, who did not approve of their relationship, had all rights to his body and things, he had no rights or say. He wasn't allowed to go to the hospital to see him. And they threatened him with violence if he went anywhere near them or the funeral. He had to wait until a week after the funeral to sneak up to his grave in order to say good bye.

Some people are just really stubborn. And I think it just takes multiple approaches and it'll vary per reason.

The sad and disturbing thing is that this is real stories. Not made up bullshit. This actually happens to LGBT kids.

And what Muffins said - some people are just so stubborn and often times their pride and distorted views harms their children far more than they realize.

Back
Top Bottom