Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hospital Romance (DareToDream and Echo19)

Carter watched Aria unlock the door and open it, giving her explanation to Dr. Rosmen. He kept quiet since it wasn’t really his place as a patient to comment but he didn’t appreciate the tone that the doctor used with her. As she dropped to the floor to wipe up, he watched Dr. Rosmen and caught the roll of his eyes. Carter frowned when he heard the word clutz come out of the man’s mouth. Arrogant prick, he thought. The man was her husband for god’s sake! He should be treating her better. When the doctor asked about pain medication, Carter started to speak up and say he had told her not to give him any but Aria spoke first. When she lowered her gaze submissively, clearly out of fear of the Doctor, a growl worked its way up Carter’s chest and would have slipped out if he hadn’t caught it in time. Damn that man! The deep kiss the man forced on her next almost brought Carter up out of the bed he was so angry. When the doctor finally left, closing the door behind him, Carter let out a breath he hadn’t realized he’d be holding. He waited until Aria reached his side before turning to her and smiling. “Damn babe, your husband is a prick! Does he treat you like that all the time?” Suddenly the urge to erase his taste from her lips overtook him and he reached up, cupping the back of her head and pulling her down for a deep kiss.

Aria wiped her mouth with the back of her hand after Dr.Rosmen left the room,and hesitantly made her way to Carters bedside once more.She sighed softly at his words and was about to respond when he pulled her down for a kiss.She hesitated for a second before kissing him back with a content sigh.She moved her hand to his cheek and kept it there,pulling back after a moment."Sometimes...no a lot of the times,I think I made a mistake marrying him." she admitted with a frown as she trailed her hand off Carters cheek,and down his chest slightly.She'd so much rather have waited and gotten married to a man like Carter.Someone who would actually care for her.And not only because they wanted to fuck her.Then again...that was probably the only reason Carter liked her.She straightened up and turned her back on him as she moved to grab the tray,and headed towards the door."I'll be back with some pain killers." she mumbled to him,before slipping out the door and heading down the hall.

Carter sighed as she pulled away, already missing the feel of her delightful lips against his. “Aww, babe, I’m so sorry. No man should treat a woman like that, especially someone as sweet as you.” His body tingled every place her hand went as she stroked his cheek and then trailed it down his chest. Though his gown kept her skin from touching his, it did little to keep his body from humming in pleasure. He watched sadness flit across her lovely features and it made him angry. Angry that her husband would treat her like that whenever he wanted and however he liked. It saddened him that he was laid up in this hospital bed and couldn’t show her the way a man should treat someone as nice as her. He could only hope to spend more time with her over the following weeks and show her what it means to be cared about properly. As she straightened up and turned her back on him, heading to the door, he sighed. “Ok” he answered as he watched her hips sway back and forth lightly with each step. Already he couldn’t wait for her to return.

She let out a sigh as she cleaned the tray and then moved off to get the pain killers.When she had everything she needed she headed back towards Carters room with all the supplies in her arms.But when she was outside Carters door she paused to glance down the halls,and felt every muscle in her body lock up when she spotted Derick down the hall,with another girl.She watched silently and felt her throat tighten as she watched him brush the girls hair back and lean in for a kiss.She couldn't watch after that,and so she pushed the door open to Carters room and shut it behind her briskly.Her face was pale as she moved over to the counter and swallowed nervously as she prepared the pain killers,to inject it into his IV.So...Derick had been cheating on her..for who knew how long.It made her feel a bit better about being with Carter,but sad to know he obviously didn't care for her.

Carter looked up when his door banged open and smiled when he saw Aria enter with a tray of medicine in her hands. His smile faded though when he saw how pale her face was and when she didn’t utter a word to him. She immediately went to the counter and began to mix the painkillers, getting them ready to give to him. Something was clearly bothering her. “Aria?” he said. “What’s wrong honey? Something’s the matter. You can tell me babe. I’ll listen.” He wished he was healthy enough to get out of the bed in that moment because he would have gone to her and just wrapped her in a big hug, not saying anything, just offering comfort. She didn’t answer him and he suddenly got worried that she was upset about what they had done together and that thought almost killed him. He didn’t want her to be upset over that, especially not that. What they had shared was special, particularly since Carter hadn’t been with a woman in years. To share that with her was important to him and he needed to find a way to make her see that. “Honey…..if you’re upset about what we did, please don’t be. That meant more to me than you can know. I haven’t…” he hesitated here, because he wasn’t one to talk about his personal life but then he continued because she needed to know “….been with another woman in years baby. Not since my girlfriend passed away five years ago. You’re the first woman that I’ve wanted to be with so please don’t be upset by what we did. It was the best thing to happen to me in a long time.” He closed his eyes then, a little surprised that he’d just said all of that to a woman he’d only met a few days ago but glad at the same time.

She ignored him at first,simply getting the pain killers ready.But when he continued to speak,and went to the conclusion that she was upset about what they had done,she turned around and was about to object until he kept speaking and started to talk about his personal life.She grimaced and shook her head,lowering her gaze."Carter..." she muttered as she glanced to the door and brushed her hair out of her face."I'm not upset about what we did.Really,I'm not." she assured him as she walked over to his side with a small thing in her hand with the medicine in.Opening a part of the IV that was meant for injections,she squirted the fluid inside of it and then closed it back up."I'm sorry about your girlfriend." she added as she wiped her hands off on her clothes and then looked to his face."I'm fine.So..just relax and get some sleep." she murmured as she leaned down to kiss at his forehead and brush her hand across his cheek lightly.

Carter heard her words and the knot of worry that had grown inside him slowly began to unravel. He knew something was still bothering her but she clearly didn’t want to talk about it, at least not right now so he wouldn’t push. He watched her put the pain medication in his IV and knew that it would make him drowsy since it had last time. He didn’t want to fall asleep right away. “I’m…” he started to stay then stopped. “I’m glad you’re not upset about what we did. And thank you. I don’t know why I told you all of that but I’m glad I did.” He gave her a crooked grin then as he began to feel the medication taking effect slowly. Pretty soon he’d be loopier than a crazy man in a padded cell and a white jumpsuit. He sighed as he felt her lips kiss his forehead and her hand brush his cheek and felt himself start to drift off. He fought it long enough to take her hand and kiss her palm and say a few last words. “Later, will you come by to check on me?” he murmured, eyes half lidded. “I can listen while you talk about what’s bothering you if you’d like” he said. The medicine had kicked in completely at that point and his hand slipped from hers, his eyes drifting closed into sleep.

She chuckled softly when she saw him drifting off,rubbing her thumb across his hand before it slipped from her grasp."I'll come visit you.I promise." she promised as she sighed once he was asleep and turned her back on him,grabbing some empty wrappers from the medicine and dumping it in the garbage before she walked out the door,nearly running into Derick.She grimaced and shut the door behind her."What are you doing in there,baby?" he asked her,with slightly narrowed eyes.She sighed and rolled her eyes."Giving Carter pain medicine as you wanted." she muttered as she tried to slip past him,only to have him grab her arm.When he attempted to pull her into a kiss,she ducked out of his arms with a growl."Not now." she muttered as she turned and stalked off down the hall.

Carter smiled like a silly little boy as he barely heard her words about visiting him later. He drifted off with the knowledge that something was bothering her and that he’d try to figure out what it was when she came by later. He had no idea how long he slept for but when he awoke it was dark outside the window in his room and he felt more rested. The pain medication was doing its job, keeping his wounds from hurting worse. He looked around the room, looking to see if Aria had returned but she hadn’t so he turned on the television and settled in to wait. After a fair amount of time, he began to realize that he really had to use the restroom but he knew he couldn’t get there on his own. Needing help, he pushed the button for the nursing station.

Aria was finishing up giving a patient some medicine and once done she headed down the hall,dreading to come home to Derick.After seeing him with that girl she'd never look at him the same.She was about to go get her coat and purse and head out when a nurse named Mandy stumbled across her with a frown."Hey,can you go check out the patient in room #412 and see what they need?" she asked.Aria was about to make a excuse until she realized it would give her a little extra time away from Derick.With a smile she nodded her head."Yeah,sure." she said as she headed off,only realizing when she reached the door it was Carters room.Hesitantly she knocked on the door before pushing it open and slipping inside,shutting the door behind her."Hey..do you need something?" she asked as she glanced to the tv before making her way over to his bed side.

Carter looked up at the knock, expected to see the night nurse, and smiled when it was Aria. Then he blushed. “Umm, yea” he said, ducking his head. “I have to use the restroom and they said I needed someone to help get me there for the next few days, because of the leg injury.” He hated that the person that had come to help him was Aria because he felt so helpless and he didn’t want to be helpless around her. At the same time though, he was glad to see her. “I know you’re probably on your way home though so I can take care of this.” He was used to being stubborn and would figure out how to hobble over there with the portable IV. He began to slide his legs over to the side of the bed and leveraged them over the edge, slowly putting weight on the one good leg while trying to keep from banging the bad one. The pain meds might be working but he knew not to push his luck.

Aria shook her head after listening to him."Don't be stupid." she mumbled as she walked over to his side and bent down so his arm was wrapped around her shoulders,and he could lean his weight on her if needed."I don't mind working for a bit longer,to help you." she said with a slight smirk as she stood up,making sure he didn't fall or anything."Plus,this gives me a reason to stay away from my husband for a while longer." she murmured with a soft sigh as she started to help him towards the small bathroom,silently.

Carter grimaced when she said his stubbornness was stupid but he supposed she was right. If he fell or jarred his leg, he would most likely be in a hell of a lot of pain, medication or not. He let her slip his arm around her shoulders, enjoying the feel of her body against his once again. He gave her shoulder a light squeeze and trailed his fingers across her arm lightly. “Thanks” he said, a little sheepishly. “I guess I was being stupid.” Her next words, followed by her soft sigh, let him know the gist of what was bothering her. As she maneuvered them towards the bathroom, he spoke. “Aria? Would you like to talk about it? Whatever it is that is making you want to stay away from your husband for a while longer. I’m a good listener. I promise.”

She had known he would catch on from her words,and was actually glad when he asked.With a sigh she stopped once in the bathroom,next to the toilet.Not sure if he would want her to look away or what.But she looked away so as not to embarass him."Well...earlier today I saw him with some girl.He kissed her.And I just realized he has probably been cheating on me for some time now.He never actually liked me for who I am.Just my body." she mumbled out quickly,glad to be able to tell someone after holding it in the whole day."But who am I to speak? I cheated on him." she pointed out to herself with a grimace.

She couldn't be mad at him after what she had just done with Carter today.She sighed as she wrapped one arm around Carters waist and pressed her lips together in a thin line.

Carter was glad when they reached the bathroom because, by then, he really had to go. When he realized she was going to stay there with him he blushed a little, not because he was embarrassed but because he felt weak. When she looked away, he was grateful and quickly took care of business. Hopping to the sink, he washed his hands and turned to her. Everything spilled out of her then, all the words to describe what was bothering her, and he listened. When she was done, he hobbled to her and pulled her into a hug, his arms wrapping around her, holding her tight. “I’m so sorry Aria” he murmured, lightly stroking her hair. He didn’t know her husband as anything other than his doctor for a few days so he couldn’t comment on his behavior and she was right, she had cheated on him also. He pulled back then, looking deep into Aria’s eyes, brushing a lock of hair off her cheek. “I don’t know why he would want to cheat on you. I know I wouldn’t.” He paused then, closing his eyes briefly and continuing. “You’re beautiful Aria but that isn’t why I’m attracted to you. When you came into my room that first day and talked to me, my world brightened. You’re funny, sweet, and nice. That’s why I did what I did today. Not because I simply wanted your body. I know that doesn’t help you solve the issue with your husband, but I thought you should know it.” He let go of her then and began to hobble to the door, heading back to bed.

Hearing his words helped her.She wasn't sure why,but they did.Sighing she turned her head when he started to hobble off towards the bathroom door,and back towards his bed.Quickly moving to catch up with him,she wrapped her arm around his waist once at his side and smiled as she looked up to him and sighed softly."Thank you." she murmured.Mostly thanking him for his kind words,they really helped to boost her spirit.She knew she'd probably have to confront Derick about them cheating on eachother sooner or later.But doubted she'd have the guts to actually do it."You know,you are a really nice guy,Carter." she murmured as she helped him towards his bed."I often wish I would have waited a while before getting married.Until I met a guy who actually cared for me." she murmured.

Carter felt her arm slide around waist and sighed. He wished she’d never leave his side but knew that wasn’t possible. “You’re welcome” he said, patting her arm. “I meant every word of it.” He reached the edge of the bed at that point and with a grunt began to pull himself in. Once he was settled and covered back up, he looked at her. “Thank you Aria. That means a lot to me.” He studied her for a second, noting the fatigue in her eyes and reached out to take her hand. “It’s never too late to find the right person, Aria. Sometimes, life doesn’t go the way we want it to but then something special happens. We just have to be willing to do what it takes to make that special thing last.” He saw a flicker of movement out of the corner of his eye then and realized the TV was still on. He tugged on her hand lightly. “Want to watch some TV with me? You can avoid going home a little longer if you’d like.”

Aria looked down to him as he got into his bed and pulled the covers up.Listening to what he said she could feel her eyes grow moist.She ducked her head slightly and bit at her lip,looking to the tv hesitantly when he asked her to stay and watch it with him."Oh..uh." she trailed off before glancing to the clock on the wall.She knew she could just tell Derick she had to stay late.So with a smile she pulled her hand away from Carter and moved to grab a chair,placing it beside his bed,and sitting down with a sigh."Sure." she murmured with a grin as she curled her legs up onto the chair and reached out for his hand.

Carter watched her bite her lip and almost groaned. She had no idea how sensual that simple act was, at least to him. When she glanced at the clock, he knew she was considering staying for a bit and that warmed his heart. As she pulled her hand away, he figured she was heading home but then he heard the scrape of a chair and her whispered word and his heart started pounding again. He was continually amazed at how happy he could get simply by her presence. “Great” he murmured, watching her settle in and wrap her legs up under her. When she took his hand again, he smiled and settled back against the bed. He began flipping the channels, trying to find something nice to watch. He came across a romantic suspense that he had seen before and settled on that.

Aria smiled as she wiggled a bit in the chair to get a bit more comfortable,and then looked up when she saw him flipping through the channels.Smiling after she saw what he settled on,she leaned her head down until it was pressed against his shoulder and sighed contently.She could stay her all night like this.Watching tv with him.She closed her eyes after a moment and without quite noticing it she slowly began to drift off to sleep.And after a couple moments her hand slipped from his,onto the bed.

Carter felt her hand slip from his and glanced at her face, realizing she had fallen into a deep sleep. He smiled then and lightly brushed some hair out of her eyes. She looked so angelic asleep and so beautiful. He didn’t have the heart to wake her nor did he want her to leave. So he stayed silent and still in the bed while the movie played, listening to her soft breaths against his gown. He wished he could pull her up into the bed with him, to snuggle with her and lend his warmth but he knew he’d never pull her up without waking her so he stayed where he was, glancing at her every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom