Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pacific Rim: Two Front War (always open!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad96

Super-Earth
This roleplay takes place in an alternate Pacific Rim universe. In this universe the Breach is still open and the war between the expanding Jaeger program and the kaiju is still being waged. The twist is that a second portal has opened up in the Atlantic Ocean and its called the Gap. With a portal in the pacific and the atlantic the kaiju take the advantage. Jaegers everywhere are falling to the beasts and its up to a select group of Jaegers known as the Juggernauts to take back the advantage.
The story begins at the Pacific Juggernaut Base located on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.

Character Profile Page:
http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=46042

RE: Pacific Rim: Two Front War

"Welcome to the Pacific Juggernaut Base, Rangers" A female robotic voice rings out through the large Shatterdome. It instructs all new Juggernaut Rangers to report to the main lobby. The lobby was located at the epicenter of the whole complex and allowed easy access to each garage with each Jaeger.

Matthew and Lex walked through a long hall leading to the meeting point. It seemed like it was going on forever and Lex was getting irritated.

"Where the hell is this place!" She growled. "The Shatterdome at the academy was nowhere as confusing as this one"

"Lex, try to be patient. The elevator is just a little bit ahead." Matthew spoke to his sister knowing whatever he said would go in one ear and go straight out the other. He rarely spoke and when he did it was to his sister, but half the time she never listened. This is probably the reason he got his nickname "ghost" because he never stuck out as a social butterfly, that was Lex's job.

Catherine was lounging against a wall in the main lobby awaiting the arrival of the new pilots with a bored expression. Her long dark was pulled back in the usual ponytail to keep it out of her face during her training sessions. She couldn't begin to expresses how delighted she was at NOT having to train any of the incoming pilots. At least to her knowledge she wouldn't need to, no she always got saddled with the new, inexperienced, idiotic hotshots who spent half the class hitting on her and the other half bragging about how amazing they were. Getting beaten by her in hand to hand usually shut them up for a while.

She was surprised to see the first pair enter the lobby. A young man and woman, probably relatives if she had to hazard a guess. There weren't many woman pilots, the ratio of male to female was pretty weighted to the male. It was kind of nice to see another female pilot. At the moment the woman looked incredibly irritated.

At the first glance of people Lex tried to change her expression from extremely angry too, happy and pleasant. She knew how to work a crowd and she knew how to make friends from the get go. As her and Matthew walked in she walked ahead of him setting her sights on the only other female pilot in the room. "Hey, I'm Lexi" she confidently voiced as she left her brother to fend for himself.

Matthew put his hands in his pockets and did what he could do best, blend in to a crowd. He walked slowly behind his sister and just stood behind her. While glancing at the woman before him he made eye contact awkwardly and at the first chance he got he looked in the other direction.
He then mumbled something about wanting to leave.

Catherine smiled at the quick change in the girls outward expression and held out a hand. "I'm Catherine, nice to meet you Lexi and..." She trailed off waiting for the young man to introduce himself. He clearly looked uncomfortable in the room and mumbled something incoherent before looking away. Catherine shrugged assuming that was what passed for an intro. "I take it you two are some of the new pilots." She stated. "Welcome to Hawaii." She added in an obvious sarcastic tone. The place was once a tourist destination thought of as paradise now it was a base that housed giant robots. The contrast in imagery always made her laugh.

Pulling her thoughts back to the pair in front of her she started asking the usual questions pilots asked one another, though she couldn't help feeling the pang of jealousy as she did. "Where about's are you from? What Jaeger are you piloting?" Catherine felt like Lexi could be a potential friend, she didn't have too many on the base. All the trainees thought she was a hard ass and all the pilots pity pissed her off too much to hang around with most of them.

Lex eagerly shook Catherine's hand. She got the vibe that the hawaii base wasnt Catherine's favorite place, but Lexi felt completely the opposite. She was so happy to finally be free of the Alaskan Shatterdome that most refered to as the ice box. "We are from Canada but we were stationed in Anchorage." She let out a little laugh and smiled. " im so happy to be here in warm, sunny hawaii! We pilot Delta Canuck, the light blue Jaeger with the Canadian Flag on the chest"

Matthew tried to stay coherent to the conversation but something outside the window behind Catherine caught his eye. A colorful bird whisked through the air with grace and elegance. This reminded him of a Jaeger back in Anchorage called Raider Diamond. He missed Alaska and unlike his sister the cold unforgiving climate offered comfort to him when he felt alone.

"What about you Catherine, where are you from and what Jaeger are you piloting?" Lex curiously asked before looking over at her brother who seemed to be in a daze.

"So this our new base huh Alex? Kinda like our old one" Alex chuckled to himself "At least this one is intact ey Banagher, come on they don't need us for now and we've been told to head over to the main lobby" The two pilots then began walking along the catwalk towards the elevator. A voice then called over the tannoy "Artemis Prime has now been secured within the hanger, please begin preparations to receive the optional equipment".

Alex looked over as they began moving the "Hopefully they can get that equipment compatible with Artemis soon, I have a feeling we are going to need it soon" "Agreed" replied Banagher "But seeing as how it was designed for a different Jaeger, it may take a bit longer. Shame we couldn't of completed it here".

As they continued walking Banagher looked around the hanger and saw the Jaeger stationed here before them "So that is our allies Jaeger, I like it" Alex proceeded to look over "It is rather eye catching, I'm guessing we will meet the pilots in the lobby". Banagher smiled "I hope so, im looking forward to seeing them".

Catherine grinned at Lexi's explanation of their origins. "I'm Canadian as well but I was stationed over in Ireland for a while." She frowned after this, a pensive look on her face. "I won't be piloting a Jaeger here. Mine was destroyed in a battle of the coast of Ireland last year." She figured it was best to tell her now instead of Lexi hearing some butchered version of the story later. "Before you can ask, my partner did die in that fight and without a Jaeger to pilot or a partner to pilot one with I was sent here." She shrugged as if she was over the ordeal. "I train new recruits in physical training and team exercises."

As she was talking to Lexi the doors to the lobby slid open again and pair of young men wandered in. Twins were often found as pilots because of their usually already close bond. She tracked them across the lobby while continuing to chat with Lexi. "I really love your Jaeger. The name makes me smile every time I hear it. What part of Canada are you from? East or West?" Catherine was from the east coast but she had long since lost the distinctive accent from home due to her travels around the world.

Lex tried not to project her emotions with her facial expressions but she was truely saddened by Catherine's story. She could imagine losing her brother and she had never really thought about it.

Matthew was quick to speak, "Im sorry for your loss". He then proceeded by walking toward the doors. The large lobby filled with people didn't suit him and he knew he had to get out. His plan was to go check on Delta.

"Sorry for my brother, Matthew. He isn't the most talkative guy." She looked back at him and rolled her eyes. "I too am sorry for your loss, Catherine. We are from the Western side of Canada. Well if you really count us as Canadians. We were born in Canada but alot of our childhood was spent in America."

In his rush Matthew ran right into one of the twins. He knew who they were as soon as he saw them because he remembered hearing stories of the famous Croshaw twins back at the Academy.

Oliver would look at Lighting Green under repairs. It was a traumatic battle that happened a year ago, he had lost Trevor (his brother) in that fight, and wasn't sure if he wanted to continue without him. So he has been a Ranger 3 years and surprisingly only killed two Kaijus in the past. "What time is, gosh it probably 5 or 4 in th-". He'd catch himself in the act. It was a habit of him to ramble off and talk nonsense. He would forget about it continue to watch Lighting Green being repaired. He would also notice the other Rangers, but didn't attempt to approach them at all.

Catherine shrugged again at Lex's comment though she was surprised by Matthew's sudden input. She watched him head across the lobby and bump into one of the new arrivals. She pulled her attention back to Lex. "Hmm, origins aren't really relevant now-a-days." She said thoughtfully. "I grew on the east coast but you won't find many people living there anymore. Its too dangerous, surrounded completely by water. The closest major and still functioning "Canadian" city is probably Montreal."

"I spent a lot of time in England though, I could never understand why they stuck it out there but they are a pretty determined lot." She smiled thinking of her partner he had been British and stubborn as a mule. She glanced at her watch and groaned. "I hate to bail on you Lex but I have a group of noobs that need some ass kicking." She grinned at the younger girl and waved as she trotted off.

Lexi smiled as Catherine quickly said goodbye and left. She too made her way to the exit and wandered down a long hall. She wandered till she reached a door marked "Lightning Green Hangar". Peering through a small window on the metal door she could see repairmen working on the damaged Jaeger. Her curiosity got the better of her and she opened the door which lead her along a catwalk. "I wonder what happened here", she spoke aloud. She had never seen the Jaeger before so it must had been from somewhere in the Atlantic and With 2 portals open now Shatterdomes were being made all over the Atlantic Coastlines.

"Lighting's been like that for over a year, i wanted to retire, but they didn't let me". He had returned from his nap. and would walk up right next to her. "So i take it your a Ranger as well ?".

Lexi jumped, she wasn't expecting an answer to her question. "Uh, yes im a ranger". She turned to him and looked at him, noticing he looked like he had just woke up. "So your one of those pilots who loses a battle and wants to quit? How does your partner feel about that?", she playfully teases.

He tried his best to smile and laugh along."Well he died, and there's no reason for me to be hear because of that so i wanted to retire, but they kept me here for a reason that i don't know of".

Lex's expression changed in a heart beat. "I-I am so sorry i had no idea...." This was the second time this had happened today. First hearing about Catherine's partner and now this pilot. This shocked her into reality because now she knew that this wasnt an academy simulator. This was real life and anything could go wrong while in battle.

"It's fine, really. I get it all the time and i really doesn't bother me". Then he would turn his attention to all the other Jaegers. "So which one do you pilot ?".

Lex turns and runs across the catwalk back to the door where she first entered. She stopped once she reached the door and waved to the mysterious pilot. " Cmon, you have to follow me!"
She always got excited whenever she showed people Delta. He was afterall her pride and joy.

When they finally reached their destination Lex smiled happily. The door read "Delta Canuck Hangar". Opening the door revealed a large light blue Mark-4 Jaeger. "This is my baby, Delta Canuck", she said as she walked to a near elevator.

"Oh yeah, the Canadian one heard a lot about him, one of the big ones of the Pacific. I can see why you like to brag about him, mine ain't nothing".
He'd continue to stare at Delta Canuck.

Two hours after leaving the lobby upon the arrival of the new Rangers Catherine found herself staring at a gasping, sweating group of trainees. Her conversation with Lexi had brought up some difficult memories and she found herself taking that out on her training group. They were completely exhausted from the physical training with her. She was also sweat-soaked and breathing hard but as usual she felt better after the hard work out.

She dismissed the group who let out a collective sigh of relief. She couldn't be sure if it was because the lesson was over or because they wouldn't see her again for a couple days. Catherine patted her face with a towel and slung it around her shoulders. She couldn't wait to get back to her rooms and shower before diving back into the book she was reading. She had found it in England before coming here. Before she never had the luxury of time to read. She had caught up on several books, most of which were digital form. It was hard to find really good used books anymore.

She wandered down the corridors to the rooms, lost in thought and paying little attention to what was going on around her.

"What are you talking about!? Your Jaeger looked amazing...it just needs a fix up". Lex looked up at the towering machine. she then stuck out her hand to him. "I'm Lexi, but you can call me Lex", she got lost in all the Jaeger talk that she forgot to introduce herself.

Matthew wandered down a hall exploring the new base. He was sweating a little because he wasnt use to the warm weather. "Out of all the places to be shipped we just had to be sent here". All he wanted was just a cold place to chill.

As Catherine came around a corner still in her own little world she slammed into the young man that was with Lexi. She stumbled back a step and muttered an apology before looking up to see who she had almost run down in her rush to get back to her room. "Oh, geez." She stated giving him an embarrassed grin. "Sorry about that didn't hear you coming." She glanced around, they were in a connecting corridor that really held nothing of interest. "Are you lost? I can show you the way back to the hanger or the barracks if you need." She offered politely.

Matthew didnt want to admit it but he was completely lost. This place was new to him and built totally different than his last Shatterdome. He needed help finding an exit so he could take a swim but he was to proud to admit. "Thank you but, no i dont need any help". He looked slightly down at her because was taller than her but he knew she was older. Not by looks but just by the way she carried herself. Most people assumed that he was shy but the truth is that he just never really wanted to be social with anyone. But he knew that he would have to change if he wanted to get along with other rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom