Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Worst Moives You've Ever or WILL NEVER See

Phantom Menace. Even when I was a kid this movie was awful, like a shotgun blast to those other three movies I really loved. Jar Jar wasn't funny, the overreliance on CGI was distracting, Darth Maul was underused when he could have been an amazing replacement for Vader... and Jake Lloyd. Ugh. The lifeless Droids put in a better performance. Not to mention that overly long Podracing scene. Also him defeating the CIS by complete accident made them really hard to view as credible threats in the following movies.

As for worst movies I haven't seen... The Room. I know all about its awfulness, and I've seen plenty of reviews and clips for it but.. agh, I just can't bring myself to go look at the full thing.

The new Star Wars films all sucked due to the CGI which made everything look well fake and really cluttered up battle scenes whereas the original films used models which looked very real and although the battle scenes were well filmed and exciting they never looked as though the main threat of death was from collision rather than laser shots.

The writing was also terrible, the whole Darth becoming Darth was badly done and overall I just didn't care for any of the characters.

The Pod racing scene was an absolute bore too I agree.

A recent film I will never see is The Butler, just had enough of the whole topic and given Oprah is in it and I have read articles about how the director panned her usually bad acting I just don't want to waste my time with it.

littlerooster said:
A recent film I will never see is The Butler, just had enough of the whole topic and given Oprah is in it and I have read articles about how the director panned her usually bad acting I just don't want to waste my time with it.

I am with you there. That woman just needs to fade away...

That is why I will never see "Beloved". Her as the lead??? No thank you.

Hmm... Oprah acting? Never been subjected to it.

One movie I absolutely WILL NOT see is Hercules 3D. Bad enough they're butchering the life out of a classic story, but I mean ENOUGH with all the edgy/gritty reboots of classic stories already! Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Red: Werewolf Hunter, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Snow White and the Huntsman- COME ON ALREADY. Give us something fresh, not a pile of steaming slag that HAD to be made in a lab by people with spontaneous cases of 'railroad spike in brain' syndrome.

I, myself, am waiting for SLEEPING BEAUTY: DRAGONSLAYER and BEAUTY: BEASTMASTER.. as those two will officially and totally complete the Mary Sue revisions of the classics fairy tales.

I don't have a definite one that I hate the most, but I watched Van Helsing and I thought it was just beyond horrible.

I refuse to watch any of the Twilight movies, because of all of the bad things I hear about glittery vampires :(

Millenium Joker said:
Hmm... Oprah acting? Never been subjected to it.

One movie I absolutely WILL NOT see is Hercules 3D. Bad enough they're butchering the life out of a classic story, but I mean ENOUGH with all the edgy/gritty reboots of classic stories already! Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Red: Werewolf Hunter, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Snow White and the Huntsman- COME ON ALREADY. Give us something fresh, not a pile of steaming slag that HAD to be made in a lab by people with spontaneous cases of 'railroad spike in brain' syndrome.

Then you probably won't be happy that there's another one coming out this year. With Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing Hercule in that one. Not connected to this new one that turns Herc into a pretty boy and seems to use WAY too much slow mo. But, chances are.....it'll suck too.

Wait, what? A second Heracles movie that will be terrible amd make Kevin Sorbo wish he'd kept the fake tan? UGH.

Still. At least they cant fuck with Hercules more than they already have. Now, Frankenstein on the other hand....

I, Frankenstein is pissing me off for even existing. Nevermind the fact that Frankenstein was the doctor who created the flesh golem and that the monster was his 'Creation' or 'Frankenstein's Monster' but NOT A DAMN THING about that movie looks like it's gonna make any sense. A pretty-boy Frankenstein's Monster calling himself the Doctor's name and fighting demons? I give up. I dont want to live on this planet anymore. Thanks for nothing, Hollywood.

It wouldn't be the first time. There was also the same thing with Battlefield LA and Skyline. Two movies that had the same basic premise that competed in theatres. In that case, from what I remember, the makers of Skyline actually had worked on Battlefield LA and quit for some reason and decided to make their own movie to compete with it, only for Skyline to suck some insane amounts of ass. Battlefield, I actually liked. Not the greatest scifi movie ever or anything, but I enjoyed it.

For I, Frankentstein, from what I hear, the "monster" is suppose to call himself Adam Frankenstein and not just Frankenstein, like is common in pop culture. Doesn't realy make it any better. Still looks stupid. Especially how the "monster" is not monstrous in any sense of the word. He's now a handsome guy with a few scars on his face. Can't say I'm surprised though. That's become exceptionally common nowadays. Still, not the dumbest change I've seen. That would belong to the CW's Beauty and Beast and how they handle Beast.

Fuckit, Im getting into directing and movie design, because we've gone too long without something horrifying and disgusting that isn't a fucking clown show like Halloween or something starring a pretty boy.

I'm thinking a film adaptation of Faust that follows the book precisely, and has Mephistopheles truly be worthy of being a demon- something horrifying and grotesque and fucking "Death metal" levels of brutal.

Unless it's in the works already in which case, Double fuck you, Hollywood.

Yea, horror doesn't seem that popular currently. Even said I, Frankenstein is obviously more an action movie than a horror. But, that's to be expected as what the big genre currently is tends to change from time to time. Not sure what it was in 2013, as the top 10 movies money wise were a variety of genres. Though, all but 3 were sequels as well.

Even the ones that weren;t sequels just had SOMETHING wrong with them. Not always a bad mvie. For instance- Pacific Rim. Guillermo del Toro, Kaiju, and giant robots. Seems like a winning combination, right? Apparently the US wasn't ready for anotehr giant monster movie JUUUUUST yet (I guess Godzilla 2000 left that bad a taste in everybody's mouths) and it was labeled a cult classic- one fo those movies with huge production values and a an awesome premise, but something lacking that didn't cause it to draw such a bug fanbase as expected.

True. But, they do still seem willing to invest more time and money into it as it's pretty much set that there's gonna be a sequel. Apparently, Del Toro even toyed around with the idea of a cross over with the upcoming Godzilla movie. But, as much as I liked Pacific Rim and as much as I like how the new Godzilla is looking..........a crossover movie between the two would suck ass.

Agreed.

Though not as much as Frankenstein being moody will. :p

Which reminds me, you know what we need? A good gore film to be released. And I dont mean jokes like Hostel or Human Centipede. I mean something like Sanitarium or Serbian Film.

Never heard of those last two films, but companies seem very reluctant to make anything that'll get them over an R rating. There's a number of films that got released with an R rating where the creators cut out a number of things just to get it under NC-17. But even then, here, people freak out about sex more than anything. So who knows?

Kinda like an episode in South Park where the entire town raised a huge fuss over a kid being naked, but didn't give half a crap about another getting a ninja star in the eye and almost dying.

Mmm, good point. I think the last movie to get an NC-17 rating here was..... Basic Instinct? And that shit came out like.... 30 years ago or something.

According to wikipedia, yea, it was one of those. Originally NC-17, but under pressure from the studio, the main guy behind it cut stuff out to get it down to R rating.

I believe Showgirls was going to be NC-17, until they watered it down for the R rating. It also made the list of one of the worst movies ever made. I didn't find it to be filled with toplessness and partial nudity as everyone seemed to think that it was.

Actually, Showgirls was released as NC-17 in theaters. Once it got released on video, that's when it got stuff cut out to reach an R rating.

Much like the fact that there've been several games with an AO rating in the US, but outside of digital downloads, etc they never get released in their uncut versions because no retailer will carry them?

More or less. That's why Showgirls got cut to R for video release so that rental places would be willing to carry it. Same for videogames. Retailers flat out refuse to carry anything above a M.

Mmm.

On topic: a move i will never see? The Ringer. I love Johnny Noxville, but.... something about his earlier acting in films is just... ugh. I liked him in Walking Tall along side Dwayne Johnson, but.... something about that movie just screams 'nope.'

The Toxic Avenger. Lol, has anyone seen this shit? It is the most insane thing to be made into a movie ever!

HEY!

It's Troma studios at it's finest. The Toxic Avenger and Sergeant Kabuki Man NYPD are fucking AMAZING. They're DELIBERATELY shitty and poorly made bcause Troma Studios (who is still around making movies) kinda said 'fuckit' to making something good.

Was having a discussion the other day with some friends and I realize that I hate Baz Luhrman or however it is spelled and Leo DiCaprio, so films I will never watch - Australia, Wolf of Wall Street, The Great Gatsby.

Recently saw "A Single Shot" that was a pretty dull and depressing film so that would be my latest worst movie I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom