Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How long have you been roleplaying?

My goodness, I'm astounded to see so many who used to be on Gaia Online also o.o

That wasn't where I officially started forum RPing but it was where I stayed for the longest prior to Blue Moon.

Veinexes helped me learn RPing almost as soon as we met for the first time. He started teaching me 1st & 2nd Edition DnD when we met in person and we learned 3 and 3.5 when they came out. His best friend taught me RIFTs .... fun system but dear gods it takes forever to make a character. Worth it, mind you, but I didn't think it'd be so tiring.

I went to Gaia maybe a year after I met Vein ... and stayed there for about four or five years. I go there every now and again, though not nearly as much.

Weird, I could have sworn I already replied to this thread. Ah well xD

Simply put, I have nearly 10 years under my belt from an array of various sites.

But BlueMoon has by far been the best place to truly expand and work on my writing skills.

Since '96, my syntax was horrible back then since English wasn't my primary written language, I used it as a springboard to expedite the learning process.

Haha Dameon, I was the same way. Yahoo Chats man that was such a long time ago and looking back totally not an appropriate place for a young teen haha.

kuro_bara said:
Haha Dameon, I was the same way. Yahoo Chats man that was such a long time ago and looking back totally not an appropriate place for a young teen haha.

Yahoo Chatrooms....

I remember some BAD times in those.

They ended up getting shut down and I'm not surprised. So many chats that were filled to burst with what, looking back on now, I suspect was some sexual offenders.

It wasn't like...all bad? But I can see it attracting a very large portion of the wrong crowd, and a lot of unstable people.

I also remember getting my yahoo account spam bombed by someone because, as a youngster, I wasn't sure what to call someone who was a hermaphrodite apparently.

Back
Top Bottom