Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How long have you been roleplaying?

Hahvoc The Decepticon

Singularity
On BMR, I've been RPing on here since I joined over four years ago but as a whole, I've been RPing for...A DECADE.

Yes.

A decade of my life has gone into roleplaying.

Crazy.

How long have you been roleplaying?

I could say the same. I started with simple rps with friends over aim, migrated to a forum ASMR(A Sailormoon Romance), jumped to a few small forums I don't recall. Made my way to gaia where I spent a large chunk. Then finally here. All along the way I've dabbled occasionally in table top.

I've been RPing here on BMR for 3 years and overall for only 4... crazy, eh? Such a short bit of time in comparison to the masses. But such is. However, when it comes to creative writing, I've been doing that for nearly 30 years now. So err... yeah. Didn't I just date myself, haha!! XD

I've role-played on the computer for about half my life, so around eleven years, maybe twelve.

Well, I haven't roleplay to long. It probably a good 2 or 3 years. :)

Wow, had to actually think about that one...

It's be...13-14 years now? Yeah, that sounds aobut right actually. Started on a small forum, then gradually moved to doing some stuff through email, and then onto tabletops. And then back into forum based.

Heh, I'm still in the "newlywed" stage of role playing, having only started it in October of last year. Funny thing is that I never really thought of myself as a writer, but am really enjoying the experience of creating stories with others and in a way, watching them come to life.

I started role playing when I was about 13 I think, I started on -hold on to your hats- yahoo chats haha! From there I moved on to AIM and then got into forum RPing on animenation which I liked a whole lot better. I have some really great memories of role playing on the site with some amazing people some of which I still keep in touch with today. After AN I moved onto Gaia and occasionally I still pop in there but I just can't get past the childishness of most of the site. (Rumour has it gaia is thinking of starting an 18+ site someday lol) So in total as of this year I have been role playing for 15 years.

I kind of drop in and out of RPing when the mood suits me which is a terrible flaw but I really do enjoy writing and writing with a group is probably the most fun when done right. Although I noticed there isn't a whole lot of that here.

Most recently I have gotten into table top role playing which has just made me miss group forum writing even more. I am trying to convince them all to give it a try haha.

I started right off the bat as a semi-lit on Gaia 4 years ago. I literally went 'screw one-liners, Imma go force myself to write a paragraph'.

It was a happy coincidence, really. Gaia had temporarily become popular in my class for completely different reasons, and when I was about to be bored with it, I stumbled upon the roleplaying section... Hehe. :)

I guess its been almost 15 years now, give or take.

I started roleplaying over messengers first I believe, aim and the like. I then moved to msn groups (Is that dating myself? I miss them) where as a teen I learned play by post d&D from folks who were a lot older, and very patient with my horrid spelling and grammar back then. I wish that cite was still around so I could go back and laugh at my horrid spelling. Was that before spell check or was I just lazy?

Then once an adult I joined literotica and have been an active sRPer there on and off for years. like 7 years I think. I forget haha. And then I joined BMR back in 09, although I had only a brief stay then, and another brief stay in 2010 before I came back early this spring.

I do mis AD&D 2E, just sayin.... man I feel old haha. I stopped playing D&D because I refused to learn 3E and I heard 3.5 was even worse haha.

Um, probably about thirteen or fourteen years now. Haha, I remember rping on Gaia, then I got invited here when BM was first made. God, that seems like so long ago. And we all know I have my disappearing acts and then I reappear as if it were only yesterday. It's all because I love my BlueMoon Family.

*Snuggles all of them*

I've been roleplaying for about 6 years and I started rp on a small forum(where I was invited by my "son" to play a canon character).

Buddha, time to out myself as a ridiculous old crank.

I got into RPG's thanks to a couple of teens on my street who introduced some of the younger kids to pen and paper gaming. Our first session was Twilight:2000 (fifty points to anyone who recognizes THAT name) and inside of two hours every character was stone dead or bleeding to death in the catacombs of a Polish monastery. I was six, and I was hooked.

So that's about 27 years now of playing and storytelling in various forms and forums. I got into PBEM games and writing on forums in high school, which would be about... seventeen years ago, I guess.

Aaand now I'm going to go polish my dice, have some milk of magnesia, shout at some kids to get off my lawn and maybe dig myself a shallow grave to lie down in for a long nap.

/cantankerous

Ursus Peregrinus said:
Buddha, time to out myself as a ridiculous old crank.

I got into RPG's thanks to a couple of teens on my street who introduced some of the younger kids to pen and paper gaming. Our first session was Twilight:2000 (fifty points to anyone who recognizes THAT name) and inside of two hours every character was stone dead or bleeding to death in the catacombs of a Polish monastery. I was six, and I was hooked.

So that's about 27 years now of playing and storytelling in various forms and forums. I got into PBEM games and writing on forums in high school, which would be about... seventeen years ago, I guess.

Aaand now I'm going to go polish my dice, have some milk of magnesia, shout at some kids to get off my lawn and maybe dig myself a shallow grave to lie down in for a long nap.

/cantankerous
*raises hands*

I remember Twilight: 2000... and I remember when it wasn't a fantasy to be worrying about the USSR.

All I'll say is... I was in Elementary School and we were playing D&D and rolled our dice in a red box lid. Only the old schoolers may understand that reference.

So, cool, I got 50 points.

I might not be familiar with it, but...... *smiles shyly and blushes, suddenly not feeling so old or alone any more... is quite happy by this... cuddles up with a blanket and sips tea*

RedSeven, I tip my hat to you. Fifty points, and I'd buy you a beer into the bargain if I could. We old dogs need to stick together.

I grew up during the last days of the old USSR. Funny, looking back, that the West and the USA prevailed over a nation with thousands of nuclear warheads, millions of men under arms and one of the most extensive espionage and propaganda networks in history without giving in to the Orwellian security state. Sometimes I ALMOST miss those long ago days.

Though for gaming I was a little later to the party, I'll admit... but I do have fond memories (and a few scars, those early d4's were bloody caltrops!) of the big red (and blue, and green) D&D box and having to ink my own damned dice. The good old days when Dwarf and Elf were a job description instead of a set of spiffy (if not terribly useful) bonuses.

And gods, Twilight:2000. There was a ruleset. GDW - we're not happy unless you're using three charts at once. Still, it wasn't as bad as Living Steel. Never played that one but I do have the rulebook on my shelf. Reading through, I have the oddest thought that a slide rule might just be as necessary as the dice.

And Darkangel, there will always be we few (we happy few...*trails off*) old coots hanging around and complaining about all these newfangled ideas. Organic LED's and touchscreens... what ever happened to knife switches? I MISS knife switches! Why I reca->>>>>>>

<{{~~We apologize for the interruption. Posting will resume once the user's rant has abated. Please do not be alarmed~~}}>

Ursus Peregrinus - OMG did GDW love their extensive rules. Other then twilight, not the sparkly vampires damn you kids, I attempted to play there hover tank one.. I can't remember the name of it. But, I gave up. Battletech was too much math for me, looking at the rule for that one was like trying to do heavy math.

*puts on old man slippers and grabs a cup of hot Chai*

I know how you feel DarkAngel. I am amazed at how few people I play with remember when a VJ actually played music videos on MTV. I will always love you Martha Quinn:D

I believe you're thinking of 2300 AD and yeah, I've got that one too. Loved it (though I'll admit I did spend six weeks or so in high school writing a rules conversion to Cyberpunk 2020's Interlock system *OH MY GOD SUCH A DORK*) and especially loved the hovertanks/gunplats/GEV ACV's. Well, and the Kafers... nothing like an alien species that's physically addicted to violence AND gets smarter the more violent they are.

And wow, if you think Battletech's math was bad, be glad you never came across Dream Pod 9's Heavy Gear construction system. Any ruleset that requires you to calculate a cuberoot to give you the final point value for any vehicle is just... wow, guys... really? Really?!
Funny anecdote: my calculator wouldn't DO cube roots, so I spent a constructive afternoon in grade nine figuring out how to do it the hard way, by doing it to the exponent of 0.33333~ and then working it out on paper to prove it was right (or at least close enough for government work.) *sigh* That was a strangely satisfying revelation, for someone who never got better than a C in any math class ever. Pain in the rump, though.

And MTV... What happened there, and when did the music stop? I actually miss their music videos sometimes. I still remember laughing my ass off one night listening to the Replacements "Bastards of Young" (laziest music video of all time, hands down). Of course, wasn't the Music Video more or less created by one of the Monkees? The one with the silly hat, I think. *Not THAT much of a dork*

I... have obviously consumed too much caffeine. Time to go look at pictures of chipmunks for a while until I calm down.

Back
Top Bottom