Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ADONCIA (continued from Bionic Woman, whos no longer part of RP) (simple x Mercenary)

"My trucks fine. " Jacques replied. "Well, anyway, I'm off to get you your clothes. See you in what, half an hour?" he asked as he started to walk away.

"Half-hour works for me." Adoncia put the car down and began to explain to the saleslady what kind of furniture was needed. When she got to the bed description, she looked puzzled when asked if they were after a king or queen size. "Enough room for us both. Whatever size that is." Adoncia finally said. "You two should be in a king then."

Jacques had gone around, picking almost anything size 8. He got shorts, pants, shirts, jackets, and even a blue dress. There was enoug clothes to last two weeks without being washed, and a large variety to choose from. He went back to the truck with about seven bags in his arms, dropping them in the space behind the seats. He then waited for Adoncia.

Adoncia brought the slip to the cashier, paid for the furniture, and came out to the truck. Once she started it, it again backfired. With a sigh, she looked right at Jacques and said "See, no manners. Your truck just flatulated again!" she drove around back to pick up the bought furniture. Soon they were back at the warehouse, where she began unloading. "Thanks for the clothes, lover!" she smiled.

"Fine, I'll check it out later." Jacques told her with a sigh. Son enough they were back home. "You're welcome. And just call me Jacques. Unless we're in public. Then call me James." He said to her as he grabbed the bags in the back and headed for the door.

"Filed away, Jacques." Adoncia said, almost looking like a female Atlas, as she brought in the bed. "four dollars and twenty-one cents left. I put it in the round bowl next to the shifter." she said, pointing back to the truck with her head, indicating his change was in the cup holder in the cab. Once Adoncia had unloaded the truck, she undid the make-shift bed to put the used real bed in it's place.

"That does look more comfortable." Jacques stated. Since when do I care about comfort? he asked himself in his head. "So, is what did you buy to cost that much?" he asked her.

Adoncia laughed, after putting the bed together and making it, she brought him to the truck bed and took off the camo-tarp, something else she had gotten with the money. Underneath was a better electric stove, larger refrigerator with ice maker, and two dressers. "The living room comes tomorrow. I could only bring the kitchen and bedroom in your truck."

"Geez, second hand is cheep." Jacques mumbled as he started to close the door. "Seeing as you can do heavy-lifting, it'll be a lot easier." he added.

"Sure was. I was surprised I could get pretty much all the needed furniture for so little. I got us a metal patio table and two chairs that's coming as well. That's plenty of room unless we have guests." Adoncia commented. "The living room is an end table, lamp, sofa with a hide-away, the lady called it , an office chair, table with drawers and a small 24" TV. " I got the whole thing for 750. Only cause, we NEEDED it all... It would have been more 'seperate', whatever that meant."

"I'll tell you this, there will never be welcome company here." Jacques said to her. "And I'll tell something else. You got scammed." he added.

Adoncia frowned. She checked the defination for 'scam' in her computerized brain. "Only if the stufff doesn't come..." Adoncia answered, confident she had the right definition. She went to the door, where the truck from the store came with the rest of the stuff. A tall man stepped out came to her and asked, "Adoncia McCoy?" Adoncia nodded, signed the paper, and surprised him ( but not Jacques) by unloading the furniture. "Damn! WHAT do you feed your daughter?!" The guy asked Jacques wide-eyed, clearly impressed the girl had no trouble with the furniture; especially since he kept being pushed out of the way with an "I got it...thanks."

"Huh?" Jacques asked, looking at her with a raised eyebrow. Then she went outside and a man jumped out. This even surprised Jacques a little. But he didn't show it. Why the hell was there a guy here?! How'd he know to find this place?! Who else knew?!? Jacques thought a scowl coming on his face. He was so mad he didn't even hear anyone else talk. The only thing that stopped him from shooting the man was that he still had his disguise on. He forced himself to calm down and wait for the man to leave.

Adoncia saw the anger in Jacques' eyes. Uh-oh... I'm a blender. she thought. "Forget you were here." Adoncia said calmly. "Fine with me. No one will believe THIS fish story, anyway." the guy shrugged, getting in his truck, eyes still bugged out. She bit her lower lip and looked at Jacques hang-dog, as she twisted a foot back and forth, brushing the toes across the ground.

"What, the HELL, was THAT?!" he yelled at her, his voice getting higher as he did. Jacques was obviously not happy. He started closing the door, and it slammed shut. He through his hat on the ground and the look on his face was not happy as he glared st her.

"Well, I didn't know how to get the rest of the furniture here. Without going back, which wasn't going to be logical, because they had a truck with free delivery if I or we unloaded it. Um, that's why I kept telling him I had it, cause labor was $10." Adoncia literally sunk a good six inches smaller than her regular size. If Jacques slaps her, her head literally will spin. The revolutions would depend on how hard she's slapped. Adoncia managed a weak "sorry", before flinching.

"Adoncia, I'm a gun for hire. That isn't usually legal! That's why I keep my identity hidden and I don't use anything but cash. I only by things from second hand places, and under no circumstances do I ever tell my real name to anyone who I could give a fake ID!" he continued yelling, getting right up in her face. Jacques was not calming down.

Adoncia's head no longer appeared to have a neck. She had it pushed all the way into her chest, with her shoulders hunched up to nearly the top of her head. "I..I d-d-didn't know. I'm sorry." she squeaked, almost sounding like a teen girl getting lectured by daddy. Adoncia again bit her lower lip. Her look would tell Jacques she really wouldn't make this mistake again.

"Fine. But if if this happens again, or someone comes looking for me...blender." Was all Jacques said. He had calmed down for the most part, but it was obvious that he was still irritated.

Adoncia nodded her understanding. Her eyes watered a little, as she set about arranging the furniture and getting rid of the cardboard. She kept the plywood that Jacques had been using for various things, setting them longways against a wall. The wooden crates were stacked neatly on either end of the horizontal leaning (---) boards, so they wouldn't tip over overnight. In about three hours, Adoncia had the living quarters looking home-y. Exhausted, she collapsed on the bed to 'recharge' for eight hours.

When Adoncia awoke, she rummaged through the bags quietly, found a pair of denim shorts, an over-sized tee, sponged off, put the new clothes on, and fixed eggs, italian sausage (which was probably supposed to be for pizza), toast, coffee and orange juice. She noticed a wild pear tree on the property and wondered if he liked pears. Better ask first...

Jacques was coming back from a run that morning, and he opened the door right before Adoncia woke up. "Look who's up." Jacques said after Adoncia had started fixing breakfast.

Adoncia laid out his breakfast for him, gave the infectious smile with the twinkle, and poured herself some vegetable oil. "I noticed the wild pear tree. Do you eat pears? I can pick you one for your breakfast." she went to him, giving him a peck on the cheek.

Back
Top Bottom