Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Path to the Bloodied Crown (MasterOfWhispers and Frogger.)

It was always the same dream. He had it since he was child. Before he was turned in a vampire. Even as an adult he-When had that same dream, he was still that same little boy born into bondage. It was a dream which would define the boy who would grow into a warrior.

It began with him running from his cruel Masters in a Black Forest. A forest which was wild and untamed much like the rest of the continent the boy was borne into. The boy would see a black Raven guiding him down a certain destination. What path the boy took would always be determined by him. The destination would be the same though as well as the the forest he had to run to get to his destination. His journey was long and harsh. It didn't help that the boy still wore the chains shackled to him by his masters. Despite this though he would arrive at this destination: A clearing with a large circular stone and at the center of this circular stone would lay a silver crown, stained with the crimson. The raven was perched right next to it. It began to speak:

"Do you Vale of the Lost Sons accept this crimson crown stained with the blood of your greatest comrades and your most worst of enemies."

The question was always the same and Vale always responded in the same way. The boy would break off his shackles and step towards the circular stone. His hands would reach out and....

He awoke from his dream or vision to find himself in the middle of a battle in the waking world. For a moment he was confused. He wandered what in the gods names was he doing donned in black armor. wielding a Large Claymore. He looked around to ascertain his surroundings. He was in an open green field tainted by the blood of war. The last thing he remembered before this dream and battle was he and his men preparing to assault A High elf Stronghold. It was only at the sight of the retreating army and the dead bodies at his feet that realized what had happened. He had gone into a Berserk state unleashing his fury upon his enemies.

The Black Warrior was snapped out of his thoughts as he heard the men cheered for their Victory. He took off his helmet, revealing the face of handsome man with Dark Hair and Silver eyes. He raised his blade to his army. The crowd cheered even louder.
--------
Fighting a battle was one thing. Claiming and distributing the spoils of that very battle was another thing. The true key to war though was not the pludener (Though that tends to help greatly) but keeping territories conquered. Since the army Lord Vale fought earlier retreated, there was no doubt that news of their victory would spread to the other five Eleven Kingdoms. He would have to bring what he conquered under control soon hold it until reinforcements. No doubt the the Elven Kingdoms would soon learn of his invasion. Once that happens, long brutal skirmishes were bound to occur.

Despite this oncoming storm, Vale of the Lost Sons still focused on one ambition. One Vision:Conquer what many around the world had called the Untamed Continent and bring his own vision of an ideal country to reality. The Vampire would not let anyone stand in his way. The Dark Elves, Wolf Folk, and The Elder Vampire Clans learned that the hard way. The Five Elven Kingdoms would not be any different. They either bend the knee or be reduced to ashes beneath his feet, leaving only a handful of survivors to serve the Future King.
-------
For now though, he would rest. Before the vampiric warrior went to his chambers to spend the night, the Future King would stop by the dungeons for a little "Snack".

The dungeon itself was filthy, dirty and dimly lit. It was filled with Elves his army had managed to capture during battle as well as those dubbed "suspicious" by his Drow spies that have infiltrated and captured the nearby village.

The newly appointed guard of the Dungeon approached Vale and went down on his one knee.

"My Lord it is always an honor to be in your presence. May I ask what brings you here?"

The Vampire smiled, exposing his fangs to the Guard.
"A small meal and a woman to warm my bed for the night. I hear Elves can do that pretty well..." The guard chuckled response and scratched his chin.He began to frown pondering a certain thought.

"We've managed to capture a diverse set of maidens from the local village. I am sure his majesty will find something to suit your palette."

The Future King smiled at the prospect of having many maidens to choose from. It had been many moons since he has been able to take a woman to bed. He could have had any of the Drow women that were drafted into his service as spies or infiltrators for his army. In fact, he could even order one of his most sultry of spy masters into his bed. Since this was his first successful invasion of the elves; It was only appropriate to claim and elf as his own...

"Here we are my Lord." The guard spoke gesturing to the cells with the Elven women. "Anything of interest."

Vale's eyes scanned the cells, searching for just the right one...

Dreams are windows into your subconscious, revealing secret desires, past memories…and at times, strange, outlandish possibilities. Most often than not, upon awakening these dreams are forgotten… as though they never existed. However…every once in a while, one will linger just along the edges of your mind when you awake. Such dreams strike fear, invoke suspicion…and can even bring inspiration. It really depends on the person in question. The images can be distorted…or misinterpreted in some way, and so read and thought of wrong.

Yet this nightmare became a reality…or at least, a part of it. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of lives, were lost just hours ago…and for what, exactly? A man’s ambitions, crimson red with blood? A man’s greed… intent onto the sight of a silver crown? In her opinion…it’s not worth that effort. Crowns are nothing but a symbol, for kings and queens worthy of leading. Such a symbol doesn’t make a person worthy…it is the exclusive honor bestowed on few. No one should earn the right to rule by killing others…or by means that are less than pure. It isn’t right. There has to be a mutual respect between the ruler and his people…else chaos will befall those innocent people…and there will never be peace. An exaggeration it may very well be…but it can easily become truth. Maybe not now, maybe not for years to come…yet the risk still stands. If only this man can see his quest is for naught…if only the veil of greed would lift from his eyes…

It is unlikely, though. It has been written in the stars that such a tragedy will occur… Ever since she can remember, blood has painted the grass red, and death has hung in the air. There is no changing the dream… It is set in stone. Never did she imagine it coming true so quickly, and within her lifetime… After all, she thought it would happen years…centuries from now.

“Sister…Sister, are you alright?” The soft voice broke through the dire thoughts, much like a ray of light bursting through thick, ominous clouds. Forest green eyes met hers, concern and fear evident within those depths. “You are very quiet… Did you get hurt earlier?” A nervous hand rose to tuck midnight black hair behind a pointed ear.

Alilthea offered a smile, though it proved to be difficult in this difficult time. “I am alright… Don’t you worry, Laidolya. I am not hurt very much. How about you…? Are you injured?” Her brass eyes traveled up, then down the younger girl’s body, trying to see for herself if there is anything to worry about. Smudges of dirt could be seen on badly torn clothes, but other than that…she looked fine. Of course there was deep sorrow evident in those green eyes…as well as the lines of her face, but that is to be expected given the circumstances. Just a few hours ago…their parents died in a pool of blood. Nothing could have been done to save them. Wounded in both body, spirit, and perhaps even mind…there was no point in trying a spell.

“No…I am unharmed. That in itself is a gift, compared to…” Laidolya’s words drifted off as her eyes flickered off to the side. A soft moan escaped a pair of bloody lips, eyes rolling in pain. There were about nine, perhaps ten people within these four walls, and half are injured in some way. Under such conditions…it would be difficult for anyone to heal these poor elves. The guards don’t seem to care, either…for they just watch on, smugly. Triumph can be seen in their dark eyes, as could contempt… and some other emotion she didn’t want to put a name to.

“It is a gift, but we cannot linger on the misfortune of others. We must…We must…” In frustration, Alilthea tossed her long, tightly bound braid over her shoulder. Unlike the majority of elves, who sport golden blond or russet brown or even midnight black hair, she had vibrant, flaming red locks that rival the color of fire. “I do not know what we must do…but we cannot despair… We have to keep our hope.” Her eyes met those of her sister, the brass orbs only bringing out her skin’s rich caramel tone. “I may not be able to do anything yet…but I promise you, I will do what I can to get us out. Just…I need you to trust me, alright…?”

Laidolya gave a hesitant nod. There was obvious doubt in her gaze, yet a faint hope could be seen fighting that doubt, trying to gain ground. “I do trust you…because I know, no matter what happens… you will keep your word. We will escape…even if that means we have to…be alone…” Her words again trailed off, this time on another note. If the two did manage to escape, what will happen to the others? What, exactly, would be their fate? When one thought about it…the possibilities were endless, really. “Ali…We can’t just leave…not without helping everyone…Who knows what that man will do…” This time, horror leaked into her speech.

Alilthea nudged her shoulder against that of her sister, gently. “Do you really think I would leave everyone behind? I cannot, Laido. I know Mom and Dad are…gone…,” Tears threatened to choke her at the memory, “but these people are still family, even though we are not related by blood. At least… these people have always been kind to you…”

More memories rose to the surface. Harsh words, impatient gestures, and stinging blows were common in her childhood, though for what reason, she didn’t know. Maybe she did wrongful things as a young elf…or perhaps she didn’t belong amongst these people? As a slave, it was more often than not that others found dissatisfaction in what she does…yet it was proven that she received such treatment more than others. The head maid even yelled at her once…cruel words, nonetheless, the sort of words that no child should hear from another person.

“Ali, you are lost in thought again…” Laidolya’s soft, almost musical, laughter filled the air. “If you are not careful, you will forever be lost…never to think clearly again.”

“I am not lost in thought…very much.” Alilthea’s laughter joined the music, which added its own underlying melody to the original music.

The young black-haired beauty bumped her shoulder against the other girl’s, a smile curving her lips. “I believe you protest too much.”

Alilthea went on to comment, only to tense, brass eyes wide. “Laido…? Do you know that man, beyond the bars? He is gazing at us rather…intently…” It rather set her nerves on edge, the hunger evident in his eyes. Not to mention he was not dressed in the garb of a guard, but in clothes only royal men would be comfortable in.

Laidolya’s forest green eyes went to the man in question. “No, I do not believe I do…” Fear made her spine stiffen, her hands curl into fists behind her. “I do know one thing… We cannot trust such a man… not one who wears a look like that with such blatancy…” A few strands of black hair fell forward, creating a veil between her and him.

“I believe you are right, very much so…” Alilthea felt a shiver crawl throughout her body. There was definitely something about this man that set her on edge, much like prey would in the face of danger. Could it be he is a predator…? Just one who wears the man of a man, and adorns himself in magnificent robes? That could be a possibility… Her thoughts going rabid, she wished for a moment that she could hide behind a curtain of hair. However her crimson locks were tied back in a braid, and couldn’t be used as such.

The others fought to straighten. Fear was tangible in the air, anticipation interlinking its fingers with it and becoming good friends. A few hisses of pain, a wet cough, and grunts could be heard. Alilthea’s metallic eyes followed the man while he scanned the cages one by one. What was he looking for…? His next victim…? Or perhaps…he was looking for a young woman to inflict unimaginable torture upon…?

“Do not worry, Laido… I will never let anything happen to you…” Alilthea whispered. Their hands brushed, a symbol of love and trust in these dire times.

His eyes continued their search, scanning every figure and every body, taking in every feature. Blond Hair, blue, eyes. Brunettes. he took note of their scents and they way they smelled. All of them equally appealing. To the more open minded a meal from a foreign land would be appealing. So many options, possibilities. It continued on for some time before spotting something. His eyes trailed to certain corner and within that corner he felt something. Vale's heart bested. A moment which should not have been possible since it happened. The moment he made full eye contact with the elven maiden a vision appeared before his mind's eye. A vision, of that dream. A dream of that vision he had every night since he was first sired echoed in his head. Forget getting a feast. (though that would be a bonus.) He needed to learn about how this women was tied to his destiny. The Path to the Bloodied crown was a long way. His journey was going to be brutal and bloody. His own hungers will have to wait.

And so he walked over to the cell to cell, beckoning the guards.
"That girl... Bring her..." Upon catching another scent similar to the girls he also added. " Bring her as well. Have the servants prep them up and send them to my chambers.

He didn't know what would happen. But for some reason The Vampire King's destiny is tied with the mysterious woman.

---------

The Commanders personal chambers was actually pretty comfy. It was heavily carpeted and it contained a fire place in one corner of the room. Vale had to it admit, the Eleven military certainly knew how to treat their commanders. It was something to keep in mind once he fully claimed this Kingdom.

As of the moment he was sitting on his desk and was browsing through several letters reports the previous Commander of the fortress had. Most of the information he knew. The current King was already aware that there was something going on in the North. However currently the kingdom was in a state of peace with the last war being fifty years ago.

As he continued his musing a knock on the door could be heard.

"Sir the girl you requested has arrived." Spoke one of his servants.

“Ali...I...I am afraid.” Laidolyn’s dark green eyes rose to met hers, the fear within those depths obvious. Even tears were glistening around the corners...threatening to escape. “I...I do not know what will happen to us… I want Mother, and Father, alive and well… I want them by our sides, even inside these cages… I...I miss them…” A few crystalline tears escaped and fell down her cheeks in crystalline trails, leaving wet paths in their wake. “I-I do not...I do not have a good feeling about that man...Bloodshed...Bloodshed will ever be in his future… His lust for power has brought him here…” Her words fading away, the young girl sniffled and buried her face into her sister’s chest, if only to disguise her sorrow from any wandering eyes. “Shh… Laido, it is going to be alright…” Alilthea said softly, arms offering solace in such desperate times. One delicate hand stroked down the river of raven-wing black, doing it over and over again to comfort the elven princess. “I promise...I will not… let anyone hurt you...This I swear, okay? I will not let anything happen… And if anything does occur...we are in it together… Understand?”

“I-I do understand, sister mine…” Alilthea kept her gaze on the suspicious man, the brass eyes intent and slightly narrowed.

“Good...I am glad you do…” Her body immediately grew tense when a pair of guards opened the cage door, her arms tightening around the younger elf. “Because...it appears as though we have been chosen...for something...for what, I am not sure...but we must be strong, alright? You must not let them see your fear…”

Laidolyn raised her head and gave a mute nod, just before one guard yanked her up off the floor. Her knees almost gave out beneath her, yet he kept her standing, with a single hand holding onto the chains she had. Brown eyes narrow and devoid of any emotion, he began taking the elf elsewhere… to where, neither she or the other girl knew.

Alilthea was also jerked into an upright position. Knees weak, but able to support her weight, she let the man lead her down the hallway, since there was nothing she could do otherwise. However...it wasn’t long before she was taken back by surprise. What is going on here…? she thought, growing even more suspicious as a handful of women rushed forward...talking about drawing a bath, and finding an appropriate dress for her to wear. Why do I need a bath…? And a dress, of all things? Isn’t her clothes just fine? Of course, none of her opinions taken into consideration. Clean, freshly scrubbed, not to mention pressed into a beautiful green dress...she felt out of place...though that could be expected. After all...she never did much care for such formalities.

“What…? Why?” Alilthea murmured, checking herself out in a nearby mirror. It felt so strange, to be in such attire...especially since she’s never had to do so before. There was no expectations of a maid, except to clean the house, cook the meals, and take care of all the details that had to be taken care of. That was relatively simple...for she knew exactly what to do...in any situation. However, being like this...she didn’t know what to think. Her eyes glanced over at her younger sister, who was in a similar gown, though this one was a lovely shade of blue. Both elves exchanged wary, nervous glances, until a servant came in. “Please follow me,” he said with a bow, already turning around to go down the hallway.

Laidolyn began walking forward, only for that same servant to make a stopping gesture. “Only her,” he told her, making an impatient gesture towards Alilthea.

Alilthea took a deep, calming breath, taking the first step towards following him. Once he knocked on a door farther down the way, he went inside, obviously to announce her presence to whoever waited inside. Her fiery red hair cascading down to her shoulders in waves, she couldn’t help but mess with it, wishing it was back in its braid.

It was late night when Andross Marrick arrived back from scouting duty along with his patrol. The Silver haired saffron eyed lean young dhampir arrived at the gates with the guards letting them through. The current captain of the watch greeted him.

"Andross how was patrol?" The captain asked eying the young warrior.
"Fine for now. Tell me is his majesty here, He requested I come and see him as soon as he arrived."

"He's in his chambers but..." The Guard captain paused, deep in thought. "Well lets just say that he's having a personal moment with one of our newly acquired maidens."

Andross sighed at that. He couldn't blame Vale though. He's been using his magic to suppress his hunger. A small bit of a Elven blood though would satiate his king and all of the Vampires from the capital that have come with him. A win win situation. Besides, even if his King remained less then benevolent or kind he'd sill follow him anyways. Like the the Were-folk tribes in the north Vale had uplifted he and his Dhampirs from slavery and made it possible for craft themselves a place in his new and quickly expanding country. He was glad though that his majesty had changed since then. Still Grey and ruthless in some aspects of his character but kinder and gentler.

"I'll be going up anyway. I think there's something he needs to hear..."

He arrived at third floor hall, and spotted a group of guards waiting from outside along with a scared and young elf. Her fear was a stench in the ear.

"Captain Andross. His Majesty is..." One guard went on.

"Busy I know. Is this the girl then...."

"No her sister..." Andross eyed the girl up and down, noting the fear in her eyes. It was the very same fear that he had when he and the other Dhamphirs had when they were captured by King Vale. Poor girl was scared.

She'd be even more frightened had she met Vale during his earlier campaigns. Andross thought as he gazed at her. The Vampire King had softened greatly in how he dealt with his subjects. Even the maidens he took to bed were treated a lot better even being handsomely rewarded for spending time with him.

"Bring her to the dining room. Have the chefs whip up some food and drink." Andross commanded. The guards complied. It was the best the Dhampir could do to comfort her.
--------

"So you have arrived." Vale said, his crimson eyes scanning the elven maiden up and down. " The Maidens I have employed in my service certainly went to great lengths to make you as beautiful as possible, and I dare say they have done a marvelous job." He shot her a disarming smile. "Come sit down. I only want to talk. Not going to bite." He paused and gave her a more devilish grin this time. "Unless you want me to."

He assumed a seat in the nearest table, and gestured to the elf to sit down.
"Your wondering why I've asked you here but before I get to that. I'd like to ask you. Before we invaded. Before this warm came to light. What was your purpose in life. What were you doing day to day?"

He already knew of course. His nose, like most vampires can pick up various scents. Beyond the dirt and rime of the prisons; He had picked out the scent of dry wood, uncooked food, and other things related to her job as a maid. She was commoner in every sense of the word just like he was before he was embraced. Though he was gladiator and slave soldier before he rebelled and rose to prominence.

"Well?"

Who is this mysterious, silver-haired man? Laidolyn grew tense under his curious gaze, muscles locking, fear rising to new, unexpected heights. However...such fear melted away as soon as he spoke, his voice like rich honey to the ears. It did help a bit that his eyes were the color of saffron, and that such commands he made were only made in order to comfort her. Yet...she couldn’t help but be surprised. Inside this man was a kind heart...what purpose did he serve, then…?

No… The servant called him by name… What was it? she thought, trying hard to remember it, yet it was proving to be rather difficult.

Didn’t he address him with a title, before his actual name? I think he did… Captain, wasn’t it? Captain… Captain Adrian? No, that’s not right… Captain Aticus? No, that can’t be right… Her lips pursed with deep thought, her eyes followed the servant who left at his orders, though another was waiting for her to follow. Captain...Andross?

Laidolyn knew that was it. Her green eyes darting in his direction, she swallowed the lump in her throat, and gave a small curtsy. Because of her station, this wasn’t too difficult, since she did such a few times...mostly when lords from other territories came visiting. “Um… Thank...Thank you…” she told him in a small voice.

Again those eyes rose, peeking through a veil of black bangs. Miles upon miles of sapphire blue silk was on the young elf, yet despite so much fabric...the dress’ cut brought out the sweet, developing curves hidden underneath, hinting at the woman she is to become. Her hips flared out just right, the long skirt concealing the long legs she has. Though her breasts may be petite, but for her age...her breasts were perfect. Besides, what man wants more than he can handle? Delicate as a greenhouse flower...there was a certain appeal to her which can’t be put into words...however, is easy to understand. Her thin hands starting to cling onto the fabric of her skirt, she bowed her head, pink staining such porcelain cheeks. “I… I am sorry...if this is inappropriate… I just...wanted to thank you...for the kind thought…”

“Come along, now,” the servant told her in a gruff voice, though his blue eyes softened around the edges a little. “There’s food waiting for you...and you don’t want it getting cold.”

“Y-Yes… I am coming…” Laidolyn began smoothing out her dress, unable to meet the silver-haired man’s eyes again. For some odd reason she could not fathom...her heart was racing...pounding inside her chest...and...there was...an unreasonable...excitement...bubbling in her veins.

“Sir, will you join us for supper? The chefs will be more than happy to rustle something up for you…”

One guard gave a nod. “Indeed, sir. His Majesty will be busy for quite some time… Might as well pass the time, don’t you say?”

A few agreements rose from the group, blue, green, and brown eyes sparking with interest at the mention of food. One man’s stomach let out a rather loud growl. His cheeks flushed pink, he offered a wry smile. “I haven’t eaten since early morning…” he admitted. “I didn’t want to eat after all the bloodshed...so I think I’m running on empty. I bet you are too…” Laughing, a fellow guard nudged his elbow into his gut. “Are you really so squeamish...that you can’t eat once a battle is done and over with?”

“No! Of course not! Just...gah! Nevermind!” Throwing his hands up into the air, this particular guard shuffled in his heavy armor, obviously embarrassed. There was no more pink on his scarred face, yet there were other signs besides a blush that gave away his embarrassment. Maybe it was just the expression he wore...or maybe it was just all that shuffling, but either way...the other men could tell. After a few more jokes made at his expense, the noise died down rather abruptly. Usually no guards can relax in the presence of a captain or a superior officer...yet this man was allowing this laid-back behavior… Why? The Dhampirs don’t really care for humans...

Laidolyn stood in the aftermath of such humor, not sure what to think of the whole situation. A few threads of black fell into those green eyes, a hand rising in order to brush them out of the way. Her eyes glanced down the hallway towards the door, where delicious aromas were emitting from. Yet...strange as it is, she hoped the captain would accompany her.

--------------------------------------------------

“You can stop right there… I have no interest in what you have to say, or in what you can do. I would much rather return back to the cage.” Alilthea brought her chin up, hiding the fear she felt under a mask of pride. Why should she let this man know anything? He may have the power to determine what happens next...but really, what could he possibly have to discuss with her? What words he could have said should have been said before the first drop of blood stained the ground…

Alilthea reluctantly accepted the seat he offered, her eyes cold slabs of brass stone. There wasn’t even a smile upon her lips.

“I have no need for pretty words. Please just tell me why it is you called me here, and I will find satisfaction in that.” It took her by surprise when he asked of what she does on a day to day basis, yet she concealed this under disdain. “I do what I must. I cook, I clean, I change the linens, I bring the water for baths, I do whatever it is I have to. The royals call, and I answer. Why are you so curious about me? I am fairly certain you already know some of this, judging by the look in your eyes.”

Brass eyes studied the young man, taking in all the little details. “You may only want to talk...but I have no interest in doing so. So while you think over that answer, why don’t you call back in those guards, and have one take me back to my sister?” Her shoulders back, and her face a blank mask, she could very well be mistaken as a princess. Fingers curling into her skirt, she began to rise without saying another word.

"Think nothing of it." Andross whispered in reply as they were being led to the dining room. "It has been a hard day. For all of us."

Dinner was actually a light affair. It always was whenever Andross had some dinner with his subordinates. It was a dimly lit room with a round table. The young Dhampir took a sit and he beckoned Laidoyln to assume one next to him. The guards also assumed a seat around him. Some mead and cooked meat were brought out shortly after they were seated. The atmosphere was light, with the guards making some color jokes. There was laughing. Jousting of words. Dinner was two hours and afterwards the guards left leaving the the elf and Dhamphir alone.

"I haven't eaten that good in ages. Blood is fine for a while but the human half of me really prefers food." Andross spoke standing up and offering his hand to the girl. "Walk with me. I have a feeling that the meeting between your sister and my King will be a little bit longer. You can tell me about all about yourself."

-----------

"Sit down." He commanded. His tone authoritative. "As for my interest in you. I can sense something from. Your aura, and spirit. I feel are destinies and fate tied together. Perhaps you are my key into obtaining the fabled bloodied crown..."

He let the silence hang in there for a moment. Many have of course heard of the crown's immense power. Kings who have worn it have come to conqueror and bring order untamed continent. However, those kings who have worn it have been known the plunge the land in one thousand years of chaos.

"I've dreamed of it every night. After every battle. A black forest and a clearing in the center of that forest a see a crown lying on around large stone." His eyes were gazing at her, taking in her every reaction.

"With every trial and tribulation I've conquered, I sense that I am one step closer to it. It brings me to another point though. After tonights battle and when I see you the image of that black forest fills my mind and spirit. Your there with me in that forest. Your more then a mere maid or commoner. Your my queen."

He let the gravity of those last words add weight to the moment before he continued. "Become my queen." He he said, his voice, intense and commanding. " Your sister will be protected if you do so and you can transform what many called the untamed continent into a country worth defending. You'll be more then a maid, more then a commoner! Join me. So no other elven commoner will have to suffer again! Just from your scent, that you have went through many hardships. I'm offering you control of your life."

“Tell you...all about myself?” Laidolyn didn’t know what she could share with this handsome stranger, much less what he wanted to hear. The tips of her ears red, though not her porcelain cheeks, she slipped her hand into his, a strange...surge of warmth passing through her fingertips...spreading throughout her body...only to reside inside her chest.

Dark green eyes met saffron, nervousness swirling within the depths. “What...would you like to know?” she asked, her voice the embodiment of music without even trying to be as such. “We have only just met...so...I have no idea what exactly you would like to know… There is much I can tell you...but I do not know...I do not know if any of it will be what you want to hear.” In one graceful motion she rose up from the seat, one hand holding onto her skirt. The green dress flowed about her figure, bringing out little details every man loves to behold… yet at the same time concealing those same details. Her eyes darted away from his, a delicate pink blush painting her cheeks.

Laidolyn bit her lip. “Um...I know this may sound a bit...rash, or even suspicious...but after everything I have gone through today...I would love to just...talk a walk outside… To take a breath of fresh air without having to...worry about anything… Would it be alright if we do so? Or is that too…” Not quite able to come up with the right word, she gestured towards him, still flushing pink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alilthea listened to his words, eyes still narrow...and her face revealing no emotion. Of course the Bloody Crown was a well-known fable. It has immense power, a power many men lust for. However...it is more likely than not that the wearer will plunge the country into darkness, into chaos… After all, power brings with it responsibility, and well...most just want to gain more power. Her back stiffened at the mention of it, but otherwise, she didn’t react. It wasn’t exactly a surprise that he wanted such a prize.

“You may have dreamed of it every night...but I cannot say that that necessarily is a good thing. Are you sure that you are not just...obsessed over such a powerful object? In my opinion...that crown is better off lost, not ever to be worn by another...especially by a man who believes killing others is the way to begin his reign. I would never support such a king. I am sure my people will share my view on this.”

Her brass eyes kept locked on his, even though he continued speaking. The request… definitely wasn’t what she would expect. Surprise registered within the pair, also dropping her jaw. After a second, the surprise wore off...and then she took the opportunity to close her gaping mouth, and cleared her throat. What in the world is this man thinking? she wondered. Could it be...Could it be that he lost his senses? That is a possibility, since his quest is to be ruler over these lands…

Alilthea pulled in a deep breath. “I may be just a maid...but it is honest work, work that many will not do. I am not proud that I do it...but it supplies a roof over my head, and I get to see my sister this way. If it wasn’t for her...I would have run away a long time ago… To where, I have no idea, but it would have been anywhere but here. I have not been treated as well as I would have liked...but that is to be expected.”

Once she drew in another deep breath, she met his gaze evenly. “I have no interest in being your queen. I would much rather perish than be with you, in such a position of power. I may have thought of being a queen in the past...but that does not mean I would like to be one under such circumstances...and with you. Consider another woman. I will protect my sister with my own power, and I do not care if that means that I must perish in order to do so. Now if you’ll excuse me...I believe I’ll be going back to that cage, will I not?” Alilthea rose from her seat, hands brushing the skirt of the blue dress.

Cute, kind, beautiful

It was all Andross could think about as he continued walking with the young elven maiden. It took ever ounce of his will power to hide his attractions towards her. Part of him knew though that as soon as Vale was done with her sister, he and her sister would be sent on her way. Perhaps to live somewhere luxurious in some of the territories that were conquered and were being brought under control. Still though, maybe he could convince his king to give her a place at his side. The more time he spent the more he wanted to get to know her.

"Lets go out then. Air could do us both some good. As for what to tell about yourself. Well whatever you feel comfortable sharing with me." He have her another kind smile and loop his arm around the emerald eye girls.

He guided her to the courtyard. A garden kept by some of the elven herbalists and healers when they went to secure and help out their own soldiers from recent battles. It was a beautiful site with unique breeds of flowers seeming to bloom under the moonlight.

"How about I help you out a bit. I'll tell you a bit about myself. One hundred years ago, while my king was fighting to rule the northern lands. I served as a servant of sorts to my the Pure blood vampire lords. I delivered messages. Helped round up food. the works. A simple life, but being a dhampir didn't really let me move beyond that of a lowly serf. In fact, me and my kind were basically only a step up from the slaves that served directly with the more richer elements of old country. That changed of course once, King Vale rose up and took over. He released up from servitude and offered us a better means to move up. Been serving as my kings right hand ever since."

He stopped just as they were in a place where the moon shone the brightest.

"Now it's your turn..."

------------

"How long do you think you can protect your sister in this kingdom." The vampire king asked holding her gaze. He rose with her and took another step towards her. "This kingdom will be reborn from fire, and it will be remade into however I see fit. You can have say and remaking that kingdom. You've lived hear long enough. You know what needs to be changed and needs to not be changed." He was even closer now, Barely an foot away her. Being this close to her set his blood a boil. His pheromones already surrounding him like a mist over the lake. He wasn't sure how well elves could be affected by his pheromones. Though the face was always instantaneous aro0und women he seduced.

"Be mine. And let me show you a world that awaits you." He whispered hotly into her ear.

He then kissed her then. It was intense passionate and hot. In that kiss, though he began transferring something to her. Visions. Visions of the world that he and she will form together. Visions of a country no longer burdened with the oppression of a tyrannical elven king. Visions of a world where he, her and his right hand and the elven girls sister could live in peace. The blood he spilled may be high but the world that would be born from the sea of red would be worth the wars.

Releasing her from the kiss. He looked at her again.
"Join me." His voice wasn't as commanding before.

Laidolyn felt fresh heat rise to her cheeks, just when his arm came to wrap around her shoulders.

Why…? Why am I reacting like this, to my enemy, of all people? Shouldn’t I...hate him, for everything he has done? My parents perished not even half a day ago...in a pool of their own blood...I do not even know what to expect next...for myself, or for the people still inside those cages. Will we be slaves…? Or...will our world be changed into something no one will be able to recognize? Fear manifested itself inside her heart once again, as though it was a poison lurking...just waiting to seize control of everything she has. Her heart racing, she swallowed the lump that has formed in her throat.

No, I should not hold hatred towards these men...despite all the death that has fallen due to their presence. I must not hate anyone...even though my parents, and sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers...have died… Hate only brings out more hate… Hatred will not help matters any… It will not bring back those who have died...nor will it unwind the fabric of time. No one will forget...but rather, everyone should forgive. It will be difficult...yet it is necessary in order to move on.

“It is...so beautiful out here…” Laidolyn whispered. It truly was a beautiful night, the heavy full moon casting a silvery glow onto the land, and the flowers… No words could come close to describing the overall scene. A chilly breeze whistled by, making her shiver and hold herself. By instinct alone, she turned more towards him, her head going into his chest. When she realized this, she began blushing a lovely dark red...and quickly stepped back. “I...I did not mean to… I am sorry…”

Still blushing that pretty red, the young elf gazed elsewhere...unable to hide her embarrassment. “Not much can be said about myself…” she told the handsome man. Her heart racing inside her chest...pounding hard against her ribcage, her emerald green eyes glanced in his direction. “I am a Princess...the only daughter of our king… or at least...I am the only daughter he is willing...to admit is his. I have lived in a life of luxury...but...I do try and help our people, by healing the sick… Father never did approve, yet...I couldn’t just watch children cough and get sicker...or our women and men die… I understand why it is he did not wish for me to be around them...but still…” Her words trailing off, her gaze went from one flower to another, not sure what to say at this point.

Underneath the moonlight, her raven-black hair was no longer black, but a molten river of silver.

Those dark green eyes turned back to him. “I must say...thank you, for bringing me out here…” Laidolyn whispered with a faint smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can protect my sister, for as long as it takes.” Alilthea took a step back when he did, suspicion making her skin crawl. “I have lived here...for all my life. Though the conditions I live under are less than ideal, I will never chose to turn my back on those I care about… no matter what you say. Please...just leave such a matter be. Obviously you are delusional… or tired, because of the day you have had…” Those lovely brass eyes remained locked on his, and when he came within a foot of the elf...she grew tense, immediately. Her fingers went to her skirt, gripping onto the material with a white-knuckled grip. There is...something not right...she thought, her eyes narrowing. I don’t like the look in his eyes...or how he is coming closer to me...

Back straight, chin thrust forward, Alilthea noticed the pheromones gathering around the man like a mist over a lake, and ignored it. Some elves cannot resist it...but she is one who can.

Alilthea shivered when his hot breath teased her ear. “I will not be yours, nor will I ever be-” Her words were cut off by...a kiss, one of which was hot and passionate...unlike anything she has ever felt before. Visions started coming, one by one, each one exquisitely detailed… though horrifying, for in order for such a future...she would have to ally herself with a bloodthirsty...ambitious man. Is it really worth it…? Is this future worth killing so many people, and destroying so many kingdoms? After a minute -perhaps longer, for an eternity could have passed-, the kiss was broken.

“H-How dare you-?!” Alilthea gasped, eyes flashing with anger. “Why should I be yours? I do not have any desire to change this world!”

The elf quickly jerked back from the man, skirts dancing about her long, slender legs which he caught glimpses of.

"Beautiful." He whispered hoarsely as he took a step towards her. Andross' hands brushed against her cheek, then at her silver hair. "I've heard the royal bloodline carriers a unique trait to them. Well several unique traits. Powerful magics, strength of a thousand men, others. I'm happy one of them t makes a women such as yourself beautiful under the moonlight. Though you hardly ever need the moon lights help to make you look beautiful." His finished. His face turned in concern as he recalled she shivered earlier. He rather enjoyed the warmth of her body when she buried her head into his chest. He is a little eager to feel that warmth again. "Your cold. Here." He drew the girl into a warm embrace and whispered. "Your welcome. You've had a long and trying day. It is getting late. Come I'll set up a room for you and your sister once she returns." With his arms still around her he soon went and guided her back to her room.

-----------------------

He licked his lips at the sight of her slender legs. If she was anybody else the Vampire King would have already pounced on her and had her way with him. She wasn't just anybody though.

"Your fate is bound to mind whether you want to or not. I will never let you go." He noticed that he had her backed against the bed. A predatory grin crossed his face. Took advantage of the moment he pushed on the bed and pinned her arms. "I'll have you either way tonight. Its up to you how. My fangs have a venom which acts as a drug of sorts. Its one many abilities I have gained since I was embraced. When I drain your blood, I can inject this drug into your blood stream and have your body crave my very touch alone. You would physically grow dependent on me the more I give you this drug. It would come to the point you'd care for fangs then your own sister. Trust me. The most proudest and purest of soul succumb to it in the end. This is not like the pheromones my body emitted earlier. This is going directly into you." His head leaned forward his grip around her arms tightening. He had to be careful about the pressure he was applying. A vampires strength was superior and there he could crush her easily if he was careless. "There is another way. Become my Queen and perform the goddess Markianna's tantric ritual. Under her and her husband Darrrio's contract you and your sister can be protected. You don't have to worry about its magic not working. The citizens of my kingdom happens to worship them primarily."

Why a Kingdom of Vampires, Werefolk, Dhamphires and other creatures of the night are worshiping a Goddess of Love and Fertility and her husband the god of bonds and connections he didn't elaborate. He is telling the truth though.

"Think if you become my queen you can actually reduce all that blood shed. Haven't you seen enough in your life time?"

“Thank you…?” Laidolyn found herself leaning into his touch, into the gentle warmth passing over her cheek and her hair. It was rather...comforting, despite all that has happened today. Dark green eyes drifting to a close, she drew even closer to him...up until the point where skin began to brush, and senses began to heighten...high enough sexual awareness stirred. “I...I am not worthy of such words…” the young elf whispered, her cheeks slowly turning pink. “I do not think myself more beautiful than the next elf...or of anyone else… I am simply myself, and...that is what I try to be…” His embrace was warm and welcome, her body fitting just right against his. A soft...content little sigh left her lips. Is it odd...that I do not want to go back inside...and break this moment…? “I wish I could stay outside...just for a little while longer…” she admitted, even as the pair walked back inside. “Yet...it is getting late…” Reaching the room, curiosity got the best of her, and so she opened the door, though he was standing right there.

A soft, almost inaudible gasp left her lips. “Oh… what a beautiful room…” Laidolyn breathed, eyes wide with wonder. The room was, indeed, beautiful, its walls painted a soft green and brown to mimic the outside forest. In the middle of the room was a spacious bed, one most definitely large enough to fit an entire family. There was a canvas on the far wall, depicting a collection of cherry blossoms in bloom during spring. Her face flushed pink, the young woman turned around to face him. “Thank you...I hope you have good dreams while you sleep…” she spoke, giving him the goodnight every elf receives. Dark green eyes met his for just a moment, wondering...almost hoping for something more than just words.

------------------------------------------------------

Alilthea felt the wind getting knocked out of her lungs in one fellow swoop, his weight heavy on top her chest. Anger flared inside, its flames licking...burning her lungs. Why won’t he understand? Nothing -not even his precious bloody crown- is more important than protecting her sister...not even her life! Her hands curled into fists, dying to fight back somehow...but incapable of doing so, at least for right now. “My fate is not set in stone...and it can be changed!”

Venom that acts as a drug? His words caught her attention, and injected fear directly into her system without the use of his fangs. I would care more about his touch, and his fangs, than Laido? she wondered, hating the very idea. No...No, that can’t be possible… I can’t care about his...his fangs more than I care about my family! Yet...despite these thoughts, there was no way of getting his words out of her head. When he leaned forward, his grip tightening just enough around her arms...she gazed up into his eyes with visible disgust. What should I do…? I can’t forget...what he did to Mother...to Father...but I have to think about Laido. I can’t have anything happen to her...she is all I have left… Both arms losing feeling due to his strength, the young woman thrust her chin forward...her lips set in a thin line. “Become your Queen? Perform your goddess’ ritual…? The thought disgusts me. I would much rather die than share your name...or to swear loyalty to a goddess I have no feeling for. Do whatever you wish to me, but don’t think of touching my sister! Even the thought of you two being in the same room makes me want to...to curse!” Of course...she may say that, but...the thought of being his slave also did the same. Either way...it was a lose-lose situation. Oh...what has she done to deserve such a fate…? Did she do something wrong, in a previous life…?

Alilthea began squirming underneath him with all her might, but alas, to no avail. All her struggling accomplished, in the end...was making exhaustion set in...and her dress reveal pieces of her body she didn’t want to be seen. Long, slender legs exposed yet again, not to mention the curve of a hip, there was now a scowl pulling at her full lips. Even one shoulder fell, revealing her throat to him...though never in a million years would she intend to do that. Her toes curled far beneath her.

With a toss of her head, all that fiery red fell over her shoulder so he didn’t get the wrong idea. “Release me at once!” she demanded, her voice weak despite the words. “I have absolutely no intention of ever marrying you! As soon as I prove useless to you… both Laidolyn and I will be killed…!”

"And may you be blessed by the moon." Andross replied with a gentle smile. His eyes took her in. A feeling of anticipation swelled on his heart. The look of this girl..no this women sent his nerves a blaze. He wanted to take her into his embrace and embrace the night with her. However, all he could do now though was bend over and kiss her on the cheeks. "Sleep well..." He turned around towards the door and opened it to leave. "If there is anything you need. Please don't hesitate to call on me..."
-----------

With the red head elf girls neck exposed to him in such a way, Vale felt his nerves go a blaze with fiery passion. He felt him self harden at the mixture of her her fear and anger. He lost all sense of rational thought, not even thinking about his original plan of forcing consent out of her. His eyes went crimson his fangs wore bared and with much control as he could he bit down on her flesh neck. The Aphrodisiac drug venom now going into her blood stream.

"Surrender to me." He whispered hoarsely into her ear. "Give yourself to me. Bring me and yourself pleasure."" He commanded. Well at least he he was all for sharing pleasure. The drug is in her blood stream it was only a matter of time now.

He ripped off the bottom half of her gown, and exposed her women hood. It was beautiful. With his tongue he began to tease that wet hole. Next he forced his lips against her lips. His mouth dancing with hers.

He dislodged himself and stared at his prey, pondering as to what to do next.

That's when it happened. Time in that room stop. The candles in the room stopped flickering as if they were frozen in space. Vale was still staring, not moving. His arms still tightly gripped around her. It was then that a figure with white hair and yellow eyes appeared in the room. The figure was wearing a purple robe.

"Damn I was hoping it wouldn't have come to this. I was also hoping I would interrupt before he injected it. Alas the venom is making it course. At least I was able to stop the flow at the moment. will keep you mostly coherent for what I need to say. After time resumes, well I'm afraid I can't stop it from taking its full course. You'll have to indulge yourself for want of a better word." The white haired figure spoke absently. He assumed a seat near her. "I am Darrio The God of Bonds and Connections. The patron and Guardian King Vale and his Kingdom. And through this intervention, I hope to get you to consent willingly. After all a bond that formed through force is at its weakest and can shatter at moments notice."

Laidolyn’s mysterious, yet alluring, green eyes followed him down the hallway, until he was out of sight. Her cheeks flushing red, she quickly darted into the privacy of her borrowed room. Resting against the door, hand laying over her pounding heart...she couldn’t understand, much less believe, all the feelings storming inside. The blush spreading across delicate porcelain skin, she found one hand laying on her cheek...right where his lips met it in a soft...gentlemanly kiss. A couple strands of hair came tumbling forward, hiding such a dark color, yet she brushed them over her shoulder and got to her feet. I should stay up...until Alilthea comes...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aah!” Alilthea cried out, pain biting into her neck...and by a monster, no less. Tears stung the corners of her eyes. No...No, I won’t give this man the satisfaction...she told herself, gritting her teeth meanwhile. I will not give in to the venom...not now, and not ever! I will always love my sister...and I will continue to do so! No man’s touch will matter more to me! Both hands curled into fists above her head, nails biting harshly into the tender skin of her palms. “L-Let me go! Right this instant!”

Fear mixing with the pain, she twisted away from his hoarse words. “I will not surrender to you. I will not give myself to you, not willingly. And I will never...ever...find pleasure with the likes of you.” Even though his venom was flowing through every part of her body, Alilthea was finding it remarkably easy, resisting his demands...not to mention his touch. Maybe it’s because she finds his touch repulsive...or maybe it’s because under what conditions this man has injected the venom, but either way...it’s more than fine with her.

The bottom half of her dress was ripped away, exposing her womanhood to his hungry gaze, and to his tongue, much to her disgust. Those golden eyes ablaze with anger, Alilthea twisted her hips away. “St-Stop! I don’t want any of this!” When their lips met, his tongue forcing its way into her mouth...a new sensation flooded through her body. He pulled away, obviously figuring out what to do next, and she glared up at him with all the hatred she felt towards him. “I will never submit!” she hissed.

It was right then that time came to a screeching halt. The candlelight stopped flickering, and the man continued to stare down at her, not moving an inch.

What...What in the world is going on? Alilthea gazed around the room in a panic, not sure what to expect...or to do, really. Finally, her eyes landed on...well, a strange-looking creature, one clad in a purple robe...and having white hair and yellow, almost feline eyes. Listening to him, her suspicions arose. Darrion…? God of Bonds and Connections…? I don’t care if he is this man’s patron… I will never consent to such...bloodshed! Her golden eyes ablaze yet again, she met his gaze evenly. “No...I won’t give my consent willingly...nor will I ever do so. I hope whatever bond comes from this does break on a moment’s notice… I hope it destroys everything he’s striving for… I hope he falls in love with me, and when that bond breaks...it breaks his heart.”

Okay, mayhap that’s a bit harsh… and yet...Alilthea couldn’t honestly say that she regrets those words. Why should she support this man? He has already killed hundreds...perhaps a thousand elves...and for what? Glory, fame...a bloodied crown? There was no true reason behind it, except for power. Her gaze intent on the celestial figure, she just shook her head...in shame or in disappointment, it was hard to tell. “I will never follow a man...who kills easily… I will only follow a man who kills...because that is the only option left to him...and that he has considered every other alternative… I hope his quest fails...beyond a doubt. I may desire his touch, because of the venom...but I will not succumb to it...nor will I beg for anything from him. He is nothing...to me, but an obstacle to overcome…” Her lips curved into a wry smile.

"The Bloodied Crown is an infamous artifact which has has destroyed civilizations for then thousand years. And it will continue to do so unless something changes." The god replied, his tone stoic. "It has selected Lord Vale and you to walk its path. Like it or not your on this road." With a wave an hand a wooden chair materialized and he assumed a seat right next to her. "Besides Killing is how he managed to survive the ravages North. You've heard the tales of the North. Of the Eternal Night, The horrors that are held there and the four ruling races that have to struggle every day. I can assure you, that those tales do no justice to how horrid it is there. Through a tiny miracle he's managed to establish his kingdom there and bring order. However, he's going to need the power of the Bloodied Crown to ensure a lasting peace, and he's going to need to conquer The Five Eleven Kingdom and the Dwarven Under Nation in order to do it." His gaze lingered over to the Vampire King he had just frozen. He let a deep sigh.

"He wasn't exactly my first pick in uniting the land and reviving my wife's and I's power but the deteriorating state of the land demands that I take desperate measures. My wife who is the goddess of Love and Fertility and I are dying for lack of the better word. She thrives and lives off genuine love and sex and I of of the connections and bonds of people. However as ages past in this land, Love and Sex inspired love is fading the connections and bonds between people let alone other races grows weaker and weaker. I cannot feed on animosity and hatred alone. It poisons and darkens me. If the land isn't destroyed by Vale's failure in the trial of the Bloodied Crown then it will be destroyed when love vanishes and bonds of friendship connection disappear. Ten thousand Years of Darkness either way unless something changes. You can be the center of the change. Destroy the Cycle by taming the wild blood thirsty heart of that Vampire. You must grown to love him or at least change him to a man you can love. Fighting is the only thing he's known. He was born a slave, raised as a gladiator and Embraced as a vampire to serve as his Sires slave guard. The only way he could escape that fate was to fight and to change that I believe by forming a genuine bond with him you can alter his nature and methods. Believe me I know. I've witnessed such miracles happen when I was in my prime. I'm telling you right now that you have it in you to save this land. So please if not for me do it for your sister and people."

Alilthea’s golden eyes flashed, for just a second...before cooling into smoldering embers. “I know what the Bloodied crown is...and all that it entails. Thanks to that artifact, my people are already close...so very close to extinction. We number only in the hundreds...and look at what this man has done. We are...now on the very brink of being just a mere memory...all in the name of peace. His...intentions may be noble...but I can never forgive him for the death he has dealt in the name of peace. Yes...we have suffered...countless times, and not just us elves...but the vampires...the werewolves, all the various races. No matter what we do, the past lingers in everything we do. I have heard of the Eternal Night...of the ravages, and of every meaningless battle between the ruling races. I agree that we should strive towards peace...however, not in such a bloodthirsty way...not by conquering every race, and declaring yourself king! That will only bring...rebellion, ambition...among numerous other things that I cannot put a name to! Just...no!”

Fiery red set the tousled sheets ablaze. Not literally, of course, but it did simply with the contrast in color. There was also a different red shade, much darker, along the curve of her neck where he bit her earlier. Even if the venom’s progress is slowed...Alilthea can still feel it, coiling… just waiting for the right moment to strike. “Besides…” she whispered, her voice soft. “How can I ever...love a man like him? I saw him kill my mother...my father… I understand that your future, and the future of mortals...depend on him...however...why couldn’t you pick someone else? Someone more suited? You...are Darrion, God of Bonds and Connections… surely you must understand that in order to form such things...there has to be a heart behind the beast? Behind his bloodthirsty heart is nothing...but the carnal instincts of an animal… If he forces himself onto me, will that give your wife power? Or will it be false, just like the animosity and hatred you feed off of? Vale...Vale has already injected his venom into my body...expecting me to desire him as though I have no morals...do you honestly think that is a good beginning in any relationship? No...in his eyes, I am just a slave...something to bed, and cast aside as soon as my usefulness is gone. My sister...is not safe under such unstable conditions. I am merely a tool in his quest for power...something fun to play with for now, but that will bore him later on. No...I am sorry you and your wife are dying, and I wish there is something I can do...but you highly overestimate my role here. I am nothing more than a plaything...I am not meant to save this land...or you.”

Darrio sighed giving the girl an irritated look. "You're stronger then you think you are. The bloodied crown would not have chosen you unless you have

Back
Top Bottom