Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Mobster, The Dame, and The Law.

Waffles

Star
“Oh Teddy, stop it..” whispered the soft winning voice of Jean as her boyfriend Frank Giovanni cuddled up to her. It wasn’t unlike Frank to show her affection, but at times that was the problem. “Come on baby, I got to get dress for the performance behind Miss Beth comes looking for me.” The young blonde finally managed to mutter pushing away the robust 250 lb Irish men. “And yah know how much that witch hates me.. I swear she just comes after me for no reason.” Continued Jean as she opened her purse and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. Letting her bag go to hang from its spaghetti strap around her slender pale arm she turned slightly to look behind Frank in fear that Beth may be just behind the corner. “Plus I think your associate Keith is looking for you.”

Turning around swiftly Frank spotted the young Keith as he walked around backstage of the club in search for him. Chuckling slightly Keith wrapped a hand around Jean’s slender hips pulling his in as his other hand took away her newly lit cigarette with little protest. “Well if that old bat Beth is getting on ya nerves tell if she don’t I will have to come have a chat with her.” Taking a deep puff he spoke through his deep a harsh rather raspy voice. As he talked Jean’s eyes lit up as she stirred up at her man excited by his comment before taking back her cigarette as he gave it back to her.

“You would do that for me daddy?”

“Sure I would baby, you’re my squeeze aren’t you?”

“Oh thank you Frankie!” she squealed before hugging him tightly feeling his hands squeezing her ass. Holding onto her their bond wasn’t broken until Frank felt Keith’s hand rest on his shoulder.

“I am sorry about breaking up your little meeting here, but the boss is about to pull up.” Keith spoke in a deep yet relaxed tone of voice, which was extremely similar to many of the bosses in their “busyness”. Standing at 5’10 with slick jet-black hair Keith looked more like a lawyer then a once notorious street punk. He was slim and well dressing wearing only the finest tailor made suits and colognes with money never being an issue for him. “So lets get going, I was getting rather annoyed being around so many of those stiffs.” He whispered before straitening his tie and turning around to exit the backstage area. As he walked back into the crowded club he slightly looked behind him to see Frank quickly move behind him in an attempt to keep up.

The two Giovanni’s took a seat at a table near the stage where a bottle of the clubs finest Champagne rested in a container of ice chilling. “Its from the 1820s so I am sure boss will like it since its around his age” Frank kidded as he picked up the bottle looking at it carefully before placing it back in the ice. “But I see what ya mean.” Whispered Frank as he sat down at the table next to Keith folding his legs as he rested back looking at all of the guess surrounding them. “These chicks here look so stuck up, that’s why I love my Jean she don’t need diamonds or what not to make her happy. That’s what you need Keith, just a normal girl from the streets that just happy being need to ya. I mean she makes me so excited being around her I could just marry her.”

“Not too sure your wife would appreciate that..” Keith responded before chuckling softly at his own joke.

“Well, thats why she doesn't know."

The two men’s childish bickering was cut short though when the crowd started to applause as a new individual started to enter the club. Turning to see who was getting the applause both of the men sighed softly as they both sighed slightly in annoyance. Entering the club was the newly promoted police chief of downtown Manhattan a man who was supposedly “incorruptible” and a huge pain of both Keith and Frank’s assess. Yet, today he was walking with someone knew, someone Keith had never saw before.

Staring through the window, her jaw cupped in her left hand which was gently covered in a white glove adorned with lace, a young woman was watching the port in the distance, swarming with cargos and people. Today's lecture on legal management was just a pain for her, and she couldn't wait for it to end. She was exempted from the afternoon class to spend the rest of the day with her father, his colleagues and her family, as they would celebrate his recent promotion.

As soon as the class finished, she walked throughout the large halls of the college as she hurried to its entrance to meet her driver. She was led to the border of downtown Manhattan, where her family lived. Her father needed to stay close enough to his work, but insisted on choosing a home as far away as possible from the dangers of the center of the large city. Adjusting the small hat on her head as she stepped outside the car, the wind blew in her dark purple dress until she entered a building. Her father had the 'great' idea of renting a two-stories penthouse at the top of a luxurious apartment building. She sighed as she entered the elevator, reaching to push the button for the top floor. Way to make me feel like a princess, prisoner in the highest tower of a castle. She kept being told that she was lucky to live so well, especially during these times, but she lacked one thing: freedom. It was not a price she liked to pay, she had to do everything according to what she was told and it angered her.

Tonight would be a party in the town hall with the mayor and some of the police officers and their families. Her oldest sister would not be there, as she now lived far away with her husband, but the other one had yet to come home with her fiancé before they'd all leave together. Her two sisters were perfect inspiration for her: both married or about to, well educated and promised to wealthy and ambitious men. However, she didn't wish for that kind of life, and chose to go to school and study instead. It had inspired a new vision to her father, wanting to push her into the criminal justice and law field. It was still an interesting matter, and for a while she rejoiced in learning and hoping to work with the police. But she quickly learned how her parents wouldn't let her, as they kept bodyguards around her precious family members to protect them. To her, it was like keeping her from breathing. There was no way they'd let her work in such a dangerous field.

Still, father was proud of his young daughter, and he had planned to show her around downtown the places where he would likely have to watch over and visit often. It was his way of giving her a piece of dream to hold onto, to think that she 'might' get near to that kind of work someday. But, she well knew she'd more likely be a lawyer or a secretary in a police station, rather than a police officer herself. Oh how she wanted some action in her life.

After a late lunch with her mother, her father arrived at their home and they both left the impressive building before they were driven to downtown. Again, her eyes were riveted on the streets' life, a hand playing with the curly ends of her brown wavy hair. She had visited bars and important shops with the 'newly promoted police chief' who wanted to introduce himself to a couple of business owners to comfort them and promise a better, as crime-free as possible city. She had never been allowed to go out in common places like these, especially not by herself, and yet here she was in a club, a place filled with immorality and forbidden practices. An eyebrow rose as she stared at her father curiously.

"Father, are you sure we are at the right place?" she asked in a low voice.

He didn't even bother answering as the crowd turned towards the entrance to applause them. He bowed and quickly ordered her to do the same so they could go address the owner of the club and leave. He did not want to introduce her to that kind of show or the guests that were here. However, she was pretty curious of the place and managed to part from him as she told her father she would use the bathrooms.

"Chief Edwards, I'm happy to see you," started the club's manager as he motioned towards a small office in the back of the room. The police chief looked back to try to find his daughter, but she had left. He followed the man to the small office so they could chat quietly, a hint of worry in his eyes.

The adventurous lady walked in the small hall backstage, making her way to the bathrooms. It felt slightly weird to be the only girl about, except for the dancers, which she had not yet seen or met. A performance was about to start as she discreetly crossed the hall, glancing at the crowd to see if her father was there, but he was still inside the office. She stood there, not knowing where to sit or if she should watch, hiding behind the corner of the wall.

As the police officer entered the club the bottle of Champagne vanished from Keith and Frank’s table finding a new home under the large Irishmen’s brown coat. Alcoholic braveries where illegal and while many clubs where in fear of being closed down by the law for having a few bottles in stock, there was an even greater fear in insulting the Families. This was with good cause as many of the clubs that use to line these streets had either been burned down or robed. Coincidentally it was rumored that each of these clubs insulted a Gang members, but that was nothing but unproved chatter to Keith and Frank.
While Frank kept an eye own the owner of the club Keith found another person of interests in the young women who stood besides the new Chief. Who was she? At first Keith pictured her to be his wife, but the idea of such of man ever getting a dame like that was comical and he quickly strikes that out as a possibility. Keeping his glare on her he was brought back to reality by Frank who nudged him with his shoulder. “It’s not polite to stare...” he chuckled never knowing his young partner to ever get so memorized by a woman before. “Besides its not good to admire others treasures, especially when their too expensive for you.”

“What?” responded Keith before he started to realize what he was being told. Sitting back in his chair Keith glances over the young beauty one more time before turning away and facing the stage. “She’s not my type.”
“Nether is my wife.” Frank responded before turning to look at the large double door of the club spotting a skinny pale individual searching though the crowd. “It looks like he is here...” He whispered softly before standing up along with Keith as they made their way out sided of the club.

As the door opened again the club went completely silent as many of the members stared forwards almost frightened to look back. Walking in almost in step of each other was all of the Big-Shots of the Giovanni family including Mr. Giovanni himself. Each member where a dark colored suit other then Frank whose coat was being used to cover the precious bottle. Keith walked in the back of the group turning his head back and forth as he started to search the club looking for the young girl.
“Why is everyone so quiet?” Yelled out Donald Giovanni as he clapped his hands together obviously drunk from earlier. “This is supposed to be a club right? So where is the dancing and girls?” he asked before looking around as all of the middle age woman turn around to face him in discuss. “I meant pretty ones.”

“Easy boy...” yelled Frank before grabbing him and shoving the young member into an open seat. “Causing a commotion right now will not be in our best interest” Sitting down slowly he unraveled the bottle putting it back into the large can of ice knowing no man would be stupid to try and arrest them know that the big boss was here. Tilting his head slightly he was surprised to see that Keith was still standing looking around. “Come on, take a seat..The show is about to start...”

“In a minute” Replied the young man as he spotted his target quickly moving towards her. Frank sighed slightly knowing that this could only lead to trouble, but he couldn’t worry about that now... he had to entertain the other bosses. Keith ran his hand through his hair pulling back any lose strands in order to make himself look presentable. Snatching an empty chair from one of the tables he turned it around quickly before pushing it next to her. “You know if you couldn’t find a seat I would more than happy to help you with that.”

The Giovannis had entered the club while she was backstage, but as she hid behind the wall of the small hall, she had noticed their presence. Although she had never seen a gang from so close before, it was obvious to her from the moment she saw the group's attire and behavior. She wondered what would happen when her father would see them, moreover she feared what more restrictions her father would force onto her after that. The young woman was already confined to her house, or school most of the time.

She was surprised that someone talked to her as she didn't really feel welcome, coming here with the police chief. The man looked somewhat classy and serious, the kind of man her parents probably expected her to marry someday. However, she accepted the offer, thinking that it might make her time more interesting. It was not everyday that she would meet someone new. She silently smiled to him in appreciation and held the lower part of her dark purple dress with her hands as she sat on the chair. She hoped she would go unnoticed by her father when he would leave the office, for all possible reasons she just wanted to disappear for a while.

She had not noticed him amongst the other gangsters earlier, and so she trusted him like the other members of her surroundings. Not that all rich men were to be trusted, but she surely had never experienced anything traumatizing up to now. Adjusting her hat slightly on the side to veil a part of her face - the side that her father would see from the office and the bar as he would walk to the entrance -, she tried to act natural.

The police chief bursted out of the small office with the owner right behind. Words like "Thank you" and "Yes, we'll work on that", were repeated as he hurried to the entrance. It was obvious that he had spent too much time away from his precious daughter and now looked around for her delicate round-shaped face and pointy chin surrounded by black laced garments. At some point, his impulse was slowed by the Italian family that stood there amongst the crowd. Gentleman as he was, Mr. Edwards went to the head of the Giovannis and shook hands with him in the most polite manners. Respect was needed and intended, although his eyes meant otherwise. Mr. Giovanni seemed pretty composed, but the chief of the police had an agitated serenity in his eyes. It seemed as one could see the wheels work in his head as he faced one of the city's worst enemies.

The young woman was also disturbed, no doubt but the presence of her father was indeed troubling as she tried to escape these tight boundaries to which she was restrained by her family. As she shifted slowly and coughed, she felt her heartbeat in her neck, pressing against her ribbon corset choker. The lone police was pacing about, wondering if this was a trick from the Giovannis. He could not lose his composure, not here with all these people. He had to be stern and cold. Turning towards the entrance, he stared at the car in the street waiting for them. "Perhaps she's waiting for you outside?" the owner suggested while the lights faded to half their normal intensity and the show started. "Keep an eye out for me", the police chief responded as he left to search for his daughter in the streets.

Quietly sighing in a temporary relief, the young woman thought maybe she should run away while it was possible, or hope her father wouldn't come back here soon. She glanced quickly at the man beside her, wondering if he knew that the police chief and her came in the club together. He didn't seem to be aware of it, seeing as nobody pointed at her when the head of the police asked around. She felt grateful that she was naturally quiet and subtle; It has helped her more than once to evade some situations.

As Mr. Giovanni he held no fear for the new young police chief having seen more than five of them come and go. His thin pale face showed his age as he sat in the company of men half his age at the oldest. Yet, while he stood in front of Chief Edwards he remained tall and rather imposing not willing to hold his tongue at any point. “I see we have new blood in our old police station now. It’s good to see an upright man like yourself in such a seat of power, it makes us law abiding citizens feel secure, doesn’t it boys?”

“Makes me want to jump for joy...” cried out Donald twirling around his cigar slowly.

“So I expect you to take good care of my boys...” finished Mr. Giovanni before slowly sitting back down using his chain as aid. This man was no amateur at crime having spent his entire life in and out of jails all across the United States. It was in New York where he finally settled down and started to create his little organization which had blossomed into one that now had a straggle hold on the great state. Crime was his business, whether it is selling alcohol in small clubs around the city to robbing banks here and there, as long as it brought in money it didn’t matter.

On the other sided of the club Keith was unaware of what was going on with Mr. Giovanni taking a greater interest with this young girl. Noticing that she continued to look over towards the police chief he was quickly able to put two and two together. “If you are worried about him seeing you, you may want to stop looking at him, doll.” His voice with softly yet reassuring as he turned to a group of people at a table nearby. After a few moments of talking Keith returned with one of the ladies hats quickly giving it to her. “Just look forwards...” as he spoke he moved in close blocking the line of view between father and daughter. “You are just another onlooker who wants to watch the show.” Like on cue the band started giving out a might raw of clashing sounds catching the crowd’s attention.

Quickly walking onto the stage barely a foot away from each other the girls took their spots smiling wide with a hand on their hips. They wore short white lacey clothing showing off their curves, but still leaving the rest to the imagination. Moving in sync with one another they started to perform getting enormous amounts of cheers and whistles from the crowd. As the performance continued seeing the two of them in this mass of people was nearly imposable, however Keith still remained cautious.

“So, what brings you here? From where I am sitting you seem to have everything that this girls are showing off already.” Leaning in close he kept a rather intimate tone with her.

Back
Top Bottom