Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looking for historical, fantasy & dystopian ~ CRAVING ASOIAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StoryWeaver

I'm looking for an articulate and imaginative roleplay partner who would be interested in developing a complex story. I enjoy historical settings, preferably in an AU setting, so we aren't bound to the constraints of history and our imaginations can create pretty much whatever or whoever we wish to create.

The ideas listed below are ones which I have drafted out in my head a little at the moment. I prefer discussing my ideas over messenger so discussion and editing can take place as thoughts and ideas are expressed. If you enjoy the genre yet do not fancy and of the ideas listed below I'd still love to hear from you so we can perhaps create something new and exciting together.

Likes and dislikes can be seen here: http://www.f-list.net/c/storyweaver/

Here is what I expect from a partner:

• That you have an instant messenger. I only roleplay on instant messenger. I have Yahoo and AIM so whatever is more convenient for you, we shall use.

• That you are able to contribute ideas as well. It's far more fun when both people contribute thoughts and ideas.
  • That you inform me if you're going to be away for long periods of time. I'd do the same for you and it stops me thinking that you've just abandoned ship.
  • That you're male. I only roleplay with males. Human males too. No furries or anything like that. Just humans.
  • That if for some reason you do not wish to continue with the roleplay, you let me know. It's fair on both parties and it's clear that the story won't be continuing.
  • That you enjoy both story and smut. It's usually well known that smut will be included though I would rather it is integrated well into the story and does not hinder character and plot development.

I work on GMT so I often roleplay during the evening and at night. It may be best if we discuss time zones first so we don't get into any planning then realise that it won't work out due to inconvenient time zones.

Story ideas:

1. ASOIAF.
I'm looking to play an original character within George R.R. Martin's vast world. Hopefully you will play an original character as well as we at least have the world and some storylines created for us. Plus we won't be limited by what we know of current characters and by creating our own, we can fit them into the story and perhaps change certain aspects. On the other hand canon characters are enjoyable to play as well. Here are some of my favourites:
  • Sansa Stark x Aegon Targaryen
  • Sansa Stark x Willas Tyrell
  • Sansa Stark x Jaime Lannister
  • Lyanna Stark x Rhaegar Targaryen
    • Shiera Seastar x Bloodraven

2. The Queen's favourite.
The Queen is an attractive and popular woman. She is an older woman, past accepted marriageable age and surrounds herself with young, beautiful lords and ladies, who she showers with favours and titles. One young lord who the Queen is particularly taken with finds himself attracted to a young woman, the bastard daughter of a Bishop. Would he act upon his affections and wed the woman, risking the wrath of the Queen and the sigma that would come with wedding a bastard? Perhaps he would take the bastard as his mistress? Nevertheless, he must keep his actions secret, or exile or worse may come to them both.

3. A Civil War.
The country has expanded over the past 100 years, as it gained more territories who either submitted or were defeated by force to the ruling king. Those who submitted to the king were granted mercy and were allowed to retain their own lands and rule them as lords, instead of the small kingdoms they used to be. Those who were defeated had new lords put in their place. The relationship between the former kingdoms and the realm have been somewhat tranquil and peaceful, with no hints at any rebellions, since the king was accepting enough to allow them to preserve some of their ways of life, such as their religion, rites of passage etc. However, in the present, the country has suffered hardships as of late. Plagues and famines have blighted all corners of the kingdom, and while the rich managed to escape the famine, some were overcome by the plague. The majority of those who suffered were from the realm families and those from the old kingdoms remained more or less unaffected. Rumour starts to spread, first from old stories, tales that children were told at night, which gradually gains what many may see as evidence against the old kingdoms. The old kingdoms were suspected of doing something, though what they were suspected of doing remains vague, to cause such a blight. Their gods were said to wipe out entire kingdoms if they were displeased, and while their gods are often seen as old and barbarian, the fear increases that some form of magic in the blood of the old families caused this to happen. Hostilities between the ruling families seem to be growing with each passing day.

4. The year was 1917. Wounded after the Battle of Passchendaele he found himself being nursed on the front lines by a gentile young nurse, with a kind smile that brought cheer to him while recovering. A friendship was formed between the two and letters were exchanged detailing their plans to travel after the war was over. This correspondence was continued through the continuation of the war, while she was still in France and he was convalescing back in England, yet was drawn to a hasty end when she died of Spanish Flu in 1919. At the funeral he is known only as “a friend” and meets her younger sister, a feisty journalist ready to make the most of what the 1920s have to offer. Will he be drawn to the flame and embrace the new decade and everything that comes with it, or will he be haunted by the past, of the war and the sister long gone?

5. They meet first on a film set, two rising stars in the Golden Age of Hollywood. They’re both tipped for great things. The film is expected to be the movie of the year and by the end of the year everyone will know their names. A relationship develops between the two, centred around sex, sleaze and scandal. The two stars, two darlings of Hollywood are thrust into a world where everyone wants a part of them and that despite their troubles, they can only stop pretending when they are around one another. I imagined this roleplay being set in the 1930s and 1940s, so it would also explore the impact of the Second World War upon the characters.

6. The asylum is the place where undesirables in society were sent, when they were deemed too “good” or too “ill” to be sent to prison. He’s a young man, sent there after murdering his father, who gave him years of abuse. The only reason why he was not sentenced to life imprisonment was because his father murdered his mother and the community saw it fit to admit him to life in the asylum. She’s a young woman, orphaned at her early teens and was forced to turn to prostitution in order to keep her younger sister fed, while she finds shelter in a workhouse. Abandoned by the Madame of the brothel when she fell pregnant and forced to turn to begging, she was thrown into the asylum for her crimes. The two, forced to work together when carrying out their daily chores both dream of a better life and plan an escape beyond the dismal asylum walls. This can either be a historical roleplay, probably Victorian or early 20th century, or have a dystopian setting.

I also have other thoughts in mind that need to be pieced together at the moment. Time periods can be discussed and adapted according to mutual likes.

RE: Looking for historical (with possibility of fantasy) roleplay

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.