Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Guy (baby and Josu_T)

Josu_T

Supernova
Kelly Anderson looked up at the large building he was about to enter. The offices of a major magazine for women. He was about to start work there writing a small segment for each issue. He wasn't too excited about it, but he was happy that he had a job and that he would get to do some work soon.

The problem with the job at a women's magazine was that he looked very feminine. His features were very fair. His black hair was silky and even if he wore it in the most manly style he could it still looked feminine because of his facial structure. His eyes were soft and light blue. He was average height for a man, but just looked like a tall woman because his body was thin and a little shapely. It didn't even matter that he didn't have breasts. He'd been teased all his life that he should have been a girl.

He wanted to be a writer, but the only job he could find was at the women's magazine. He just knew that it would cause more problems for him when people found out he worked there. He also was certain that people at work wouldn't be too supportive. His best guess was that people would start thinking he was gay. That was something he was not looking forward to.

He clutched his bag with his work things in it and slowly went inside. He was directed to his floor by the girl at the large desk in the lobby. He stepped into the elevator and rode it up. He stepped out and went to find his new boss. When he did he was told he'd spend a few days with a co-worker, being shown how things worked at the office and being introduced to everyone. He thanked the older woman again for the job and went to find his cubicle where he could set up his things and where he would meet with the woman assigned to show him the ropes.

Samantha had been trying to denied, almost begging to pass the responsibility of helping the new comer to someone else. Yet there was nothing to ague on, she was on of the best employees and her boss had insisted it was her duty. It shouldn't be a problem since she really needed a helping hand, job had been too busy recently.Yet she just hated men in general. Well they didn't like her either. Her male colleagues mostly hated her for being ugly and tricky toward them.

If one could say honestly, Samantha wasn't that ugly. It was true that she didn't have big bosoms, and curly sexy body but her face alone wasn't that bad. Her eyes were big and her lips were pink, only if she knew how to use make up to emphasize them. She just hated putting all of those things on her face, it made her feel nothing more than a plastic doll.

The young woman sighed as she heard the walking sound in the hallway. She was supposed to meet the new guy before the day started. The guy from the Human Resources, one of the creepy guys that would act friendly to everybody, but who knew what was really going on in their mind, had told her so. She had heard them spearing rumors behind her back, about how she had been dumped by her many ex and now she was afraid to have a new boyfriend. At least they were right about how she didn't want a new man in her life. After what her latest ex said to her, about women being useless and she was the worst, she had decided to prove him wrong. Samantha had worked like crazy and had signed up for the manager position right when she had the chance...Some men had tried to ask her out but to no valid, now that she was better than them they wanted her? Her thoughts was cut shot when she saw the new guy entering her office. Was that really a guy? She thought as she stared at him without blinking.

Samantha thought she heard some chuckled from both women and men outside before she was snapped back to reality.

"Nice to meet you ." she said with a cool voice. Her wavy brown hair had been gathered into a bun to make her look professional. Her black suit help as well. Actually, the only thing that was feminine on her body was the high heels, black high heel. "I'm Samantha Hayward, you must be Mr.Anderson?"

Kelly made his way to his cubicle and quickly put his things in place, getting it set up. When it came time to meet his manager he took a deep breath and walked to where he had been directed. As he went he saw other employees who were coming in to start work. They were mostly in pairs or groups of three. He could feel them staring at him. All of the eyes were on him. At first because he was new, but he knew they were lingering because of how he looked. As he passed them he could hear people giggling when they realised he was actually a man.

He got to Miss Hayward's office and he slowly stepped inside. When he saw her he was surprised. She wasn't exactly the most attractive woman he'd seen, but there was a certain beauty there in her face that he just found appealing. He smiled at her and reached out to shake her hand. "Yes, I'm Mr. Anderson. Kelly Anderson. I was told to report to you so you can show me what to do. It is very nice to meet you and I look forward to learning from you." After shaking her hand he stood there and waited for her to tell him what they were going to do first.

She took his hand and quickly let it off. He didn't look like a man but he surely was a man. She just simply hated men. The woman gave him a smile, however. She could see his effort of dressing like a true man but his pretty face just blew it all. It must be hard for him while he was in school, but again, school hadn't been easy for her anyway. Thanked to the boys. "that is your desk" She stood up and move, leading him to the opposite side of the office. It wasn't a big room but there was a blur glass screen to separate it into two part, another reason for her not to want a male subordinate: they have to share the same room. "Oh, you can call me Ms. Hayward." Samantha added. She didn't like people using her first name in the office. She liked it completely professional.

"To make thing easier..." Samantha started talking again as they reached his desk "Do you have any experience on the job?" Of course she had read his CV, more than just one. He seemed to be a clever student when he was in school. A reason for her boss to offer him a job while the company was mostly fulled. The old woman just didn't want to lose such a talent, and now it was Samantha's job to find out where to put him in. "Have you ever had any writing that is published on newspaper or magazine?" she continued, there was still a small section that was empty, something about dating tips for women but she believed it would hardly be interesting to him.

Kelly was a little surprised as she pointed to a desk that would be his. He hadn't expected to be working in her office with her. It wasn't going to be the best set up. But he kept a positive expression. He looked at the desk and realised it could have been worse. When she explained what he could call her he smiled and nodded. As he looked at her he realised that they were close to the same age. He just knew he looked younger and would seem younger since he had just finished school. He had worked for a number of years before going to school to learn more about how to be a great writer.

When she asked about his experience he nodded. "Yes, I've been published on a number of occasions. Before school I worked for a few years for a small newspaper. I wrote an advice column. It wasn't too hard. Then in university I joined the school's big monthly magazine, writing full articles. Very few students get that chance and I was there from first year. But I know that this is different and there isn't a lot of turn over. I'll do whatever you've got for me. Anything to work my way into the industry." He showed his confidence. He knew he could do anything for the magazine. He had the determination to put the work in and learn to write.

"I'm afraid there wouldn't be such an exciting topic to write about here." Samantha said. Listened to him she had made up her mind. He seemed so confident that she wanted to break his spirit. She wasn't the kind of evil colleague people usually cursed behind their back, nor a demoness that enjoyed other's suffering. Yet it was always a good thing to show the new comers that they might be excellent in school, but they were graduated already and this was real life. They would have to learn how to fit in. Especially for a guy like him, it wouldn't be easy.

"Every section here is filled and too bad no body wanted to resign their part." she continued "Honestly I don't know why the boss hired you. But since you're here, there's a small column to fix those empty spaces of the magazine." Samantha said as she turned a few pages of the magazine on the table, showing him some example "As you can see it's just some random tips that some might find helpful but usually most people would ignore it. Anyway, if you don't have any complainant you'll be in charge of this."

He nodded when she told him there wouldn't be anything interesting. He understood that. He wasn't really planning on being there for too long. He didn't want to work at a women's magazine forever. Not with his appearance. He just needed to wait until he could do something better and more manly. Yet as she continued he felt as if she didn't really want him there. He found that frustrating, but he would prove his worth.

He waited for her to say what he could do. When she did he was a little disappointed, but kept it off his face. He stayed smiling. He nodded, taking mental notes about what it would be. When she finished speaking he grinned. "Hey, it is a start. I'll work on it and try to make it something that may actually help a few women out there. But even if no one ever reads it, it will be something I can put on my resume. I am not sure how much time it will take though. So I do want to help out with anything that I can. Whatever you need just tell me and I'll do my best to help."

She looked back at him with innocent eyes. He didn't seemed to pleased with her idea, but what choice did he have anyway? She wasn't the kind of bullier, but there was something about this pretty boy made her uncomfortable. Not just the fact that he was a boy, no. Maybe because of his pretty face? Most of her colleague didn't seem to be convinced that he was a guy after all. So, that was what made her uncomfortable. It wasn't him but what other people thought about him. Was she jealous with all the attention he got? Samantha shook her head as she returned to her desk. "Good luck then" she said quietly to him.

Eventually the day passed and Samantha had managed to focus on her work rather than to keep worrying about the new guy. He was after all the newcomer and he was the one should be worried about her. At the end of the day, before she make her leave, a secretary came into their office, giving them some colorful flyers to announce the party that weekend. The boss had talked about it, she just forgot it for being busy with work. "Are you going?" she turned to Kelly. Even though it said on the flyers that it's optional and the employees weren't required to attend if they didn't want to. But Samantha knew it wouldn't make a good impression to her boss if she chose not to.

When Samantha didn't say much more Kelly was surprised and disappointed. He'd been told she would show him the ropes, but she was just having him start with his work. He wasn't getting a very friendly vibe from her and it bothered him. She seemed like she could be nice, and he definitely thought there was some beauty there, but either she didn't like him or she just didn't want to be working with anyone.

He sighed and went to his desk. He quickly set it up and relaxed for a minute in his seat. He thought about what he was going to do with the small segment he had been given. He decided to start by reading through past entries. He used the company database and pulled up all of the past versions of the column. He started to read through them, getting a sense of what they said and what they were all about. Then he thought about what he could do with it to make it better and to make it more interesting. He also wondered if he should put his name on it and be honest about being a man. That first day he barely wrote anything other than notes. He did a lot of research, looking at other similar columns in other places.

When the day was coming to an end he started to get ready to go home. He had a lot to think about that evening and in the morning he hoped to have a plan. He wanted a test version of his column to show his boss as soon as possible. He looked up when the other employee arrived to give them party flyers. He took one and read the details. He really wasn't sure about going to a party. After the reaction he'd got from people so far he was nervous about being around his coworkers a lot. He felt he was going to be teased and tortured just because of his appearance and his name. When Samantha asked him about it he shrugged. "I'm not sure. I guess I should so I can meet some more employees there. So I guess I will go." He sighed. If he didn't go he just felt it would be worse. He needed to show strength.

Back
Top Bottom