Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Patriarchal Political Simulation

Dominica Potestas

Planetoid
Hi all.

So I have a sort of different idea, which I think may work on this site.

A lot of my fantasies involve institutionalised sexism.

What I want to try is a political simulation of a patriarchal nation. This will be a group RP. In the roleplay, the characters can stand for election, make laws, and direct the nation however they like. There can be marriages, and maybe even a slave trade and an economy.

You can enter with as many characters as you like (for now at least anyway). If your female character is rebellious, she will end up standing trial and facing punishment (which may be what you want, which is fine).

The point of the game isn't to act out every circumstance, it is to simulate the government and politics of this state, with certain events, such as punishments, being RPed out in their own threads.

The setting will be an island, which is untroubled by the outside world and will welcome anybody who wants to come. It will be governered by a constitutional monarch who will also double as a GM (me).

This might eventually have its own forum as it might be easier to work, but I want to start on these forums for now.

I hope this makes sense and let me know if interested. I need I think at least five male characters to make it work. Any questions fire away.

this looks pretty cool and im interested. My main concern is typing things that i say to certian people, and other people see it and use refrence it later, as that would be unfair. Other than that im ready to sign up. Could i play some kind of advisor (whos a bit of a rogue to understate it)?

From the title I wondered how is different from reality? lol.

Oh I could be a judge and give very cruel and completely unfair punishments to women because they few or no right.

(Evil laughter)

What would the women be doing? Are there supposed to be jobs or something like that and normal life? Or is like some kind of glorified whorehouse where anything the men want goes and they're punished for not doing it? What is the system aimed at governing and is it aimed specifically at sexism and oppressing women, or does that just emerge if there is a male majority, but women who came thought they'd have a fair shake only to be in for a rude awakening later?

Not sure how much of a backstory you have for this idea, but I am playing a RP similar to this idea on another site at the moment, men have regained dominance after four hundred years of female rule, an extreme Male Rights party has won government and are out for revenge on women for the centuries of oppression.

Sounds interesting, never role played with a group of people before, might get confusing to fish through posts to make sure no one addressed your character any where, not sure how that works.

But a good idea if it is worked out the right way.

Back
Top Bottom