Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Emperor's Mistress ((Lady&Blair))

Ophelia giggled a little. "I think I can manage that," she murmured, moving down to kiss his hip bones. After a few moments of teasing, she lowered her mouth on to his cock and began to gently suck. Her hands continued to fondle his balls and shaft. It was clear she was taking her time, wanting to pleasure him long enough until he had no choice but to take control. She knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't be able to sit there and be patient for too long. Eventually the primal side of Valerian would come out.

Alec took the bags and nodded. "Just keep your head down and do what your told, okay?" he asked, "This is me telling you as a master... If you don't stand out, then they won't take their time singling you out." He sighed and led her back out toward the chariot. He was not sure of the advice would actually work, but he knew it was better than her being defiant at the party. That would get her in a lot more trouble than he could afford to get her out of.

Valerian sighed softly closing his eyes as he played with her hair, fisting his hand in it as he rocked his his a little, groaning as he felt her mouth playing over him. And soon enough she was proved right, he couldn't not be in control. Growling softly as he pulled her off his cock and rolled them, pinning her under him as he thrust into her he kissed her hard."You are amazing."He growled lowering his head, lips playing over her skin, enjoying making her moan in pleasure.

Phedre bit her lip before ondding as they walked back towards the chariot. She wasn't sure that it would be a good thing, but she could do it. Nodding as she looked around, trying not to be so worried about what could go wrong, before sighing as she stepped into the chariot, looking up at him."Do you think I'll be serving just you?"She said trying to not be nervous, trusting that he would keep her safe. Even if she knew it was impossible, she trusted him. Which her mind told her was foolish, but her heart said she could.She was so very confused about her emotions

Ophelia squealed in extacy as he thrust in side of her, her nails raking down his back. Moaning and bucking her hips into his, she easily gave over her control and allowed him to dominate her. "My lord, I thought I was supposed to be doing all of the work," she murmured, licking her lips as he kissed her neck and chest. She sounded amused, even as her orgasm neared. He was such an intoxicating man - a man who knew exactly what he was doing and exactly what he liked. "Amazing?" he asked, giggling a bit. She opened her mouth to say something else, but was cut off my her own orgasm. Nothing much moans escaped her lips as she clung to him, her thighs squeezing around his waist.

Alec looked doubtful as he guiding the horse down the trail and toward the palace. "I am sure you will be serving others," he admitted, "But I will try to keep you close. Just do as you are asked and keep your head low. They will not go after you if they think your spirit is already broken. While at the training center, I heard rumors of a few new slaves among the aristocrats. If it's true, then they should be the center of attention." Pulling up to the castle, he helped her out of the chariot and sent his sister's things with one of the emperor's guards.

Valerian moaned groaning as he pressed a kiss to her neck, groaning a laugh."Well I'm emperor, I'm allowed changing my mind."he grumbled lauging amused, moaning as he shuddered looking down at her as he came, eyes widening as he looked down at the woman under him. Sighing softly as he slumped to the side he barely stirred at the servant coming in and setting the clothes and things down. It wasn't the first time he'd been walked in on while having sex, and it definately wouldn't be the last."Your clothes are here."He said smirking a little, wondering what dress she'd chosen for herself.

Phedre nodded a little as she followed him inside, trying to be positive as she set about getting ready for the ball. When she was done, freshly washed and dressed, her soft black hair pulled up and falling lightly around her face she tilted her head towards him, blushing ever so softly as she was dressed in her uniform, she was wondering what would happen now. "My lord?How do I look?"She said smiling at Alec.

Ophelia grinned up at him, leaning up to kiss his cheek. "I'll go to my rooms to get dressed," she said, shifting out from underneath him. "You can't see the dress until tonight. Even emperors need to have surprises." With that, she left his rooms and took her bags with her, intent on making herself look like someone who was worthy of the emperor choosing her...

Alec smiled, thought it was a bit strained. "You look nice," he said, even if the uniform was quite demeaning. However, it was exactly what the emperor would want - made of nothing by diamond studded straps, keeping each private area of her body exposed to whomever wanted to see. "You should got down to the kitchen. People will probably be arriving soon, and they will want you to serve drinks, I'm sure." He leaned over and gently kissed her cheek. "I will be down soon."

~*~

Later, Ophelia waited in her room until Valerian decided to come get her and make their entrance. His staff of maids groomed her as if she were the queen, with her gleaming gold jewelry (which probably cost a fortune) and the light blue dress she had picked out for herself. It was so light blue that it was nearly white, giving her a virginal appearance. Her black hair was left down with a gold head band wrapped around her head... She looked beautiful, yet very nervous. She wanted to impress Valerian more than any one at the ball.

2013-bridesmaid-dress-trends-illusion-one-shoulder-light-blue-500x375.png
Dress
1255849-bigthumbnail.jpg
Hair and headband

Phedre nodded looking worried before smiling at him."See you soon."She muttered shivering a little in the outfit as she headed downstairs, and she was indeed sent to serve drinks. Looking demure and quiet, she was trying so very hard to pass unnoticed through the crowd.But she was beautiful, even among romans who generally didn't like greeks, and she was noticed as the men got their drinks for the evening.

Valerian smiled as he stepped out of his own bathroom, the dark purple, almost black of the royal toga colors, trimmed in gold, the man looked dashing and dangerous, his finely made darker features offering a hint of the cruelty that lived behind that smile. Looing her over he smiled as he crossed the room, dipping his head to kiss her cheek."You look lovely, ophelia, truly."He muttered stepping back, "Come. Let's go see the asskissers."He muttered looking amused at the idea of what was coming as he headed for the ballroom.

Ophelia blushed and smiled, obviously flattered by his compliment, and leaned into his kiss. Her eyes took in his own appearance, and the darkness that surrounded the emperor did not go unnoticed. However, she knew that there was much more than darkness in his soul. During her time with him, she was starting to realize that there was a lot of pain there too. "You look handsome as well, my lord," she murmured, then giggled. "Let's go then... And if we don't have any fun, I'm sure I can show you a good time when everyone goes home." She smirked and walked with him down the stairs, blushing as people bowed to the Emperor's entrance.

Alec made his own way down to the ball, shaking hands with hundreds of aristocrats who were congratulating him. He had a smile of his face, for he was genuinely excited, but he was also worried... Worried for Phedre. Also, he knew that the emperor could very well use this ball to start introducing him to daughters of aristocrats, for Alec was indeed overdue for marriage. He wasn't exactly sure if he was ready for that, even if he knew he could very well choose any woman he wanted.

Valerian laughed at his words dipping his head to kiss her lightly. Amused and pleased with his choice of woman, and eager to show that he had indeed chosen well. He knew what his nobles thought of him, that he had stupidly set his wife aside despite their problems having children.Well, he was ust going to have to prove that no matter what he was doing, he knew what he was doing. "I think you can show me how much fun life is anyways."He said smirking as he looked at the bowing people before looking towards alec."Come. Let us eat."He said moving them towards the banquet table.

Phedre swallowed hard as hse walked through the crowd, delivering drinks. Trembling a little at each grope each touch.She had a feeling that the aristocrats were ust getting started on how very touchy things were going to get. Pausing at the table she yelped a litte as she felt a hand cupping her breast and tugging at the nipple, turning her head to look at the man, as he followed the emperor to the table, gasping a little as he pulled her along towards his sat.

Alec looked over at Phedre, trying very hard not to show any emotion. He set his eyes on his plate, telling himself that she would be okay. No one would do anything outlandish while eating... Maybe afterward, when people would be expected to dance, lounge and chat... but if he had to, he'd fake sick and take her up to his room to "take care of him".

Trying to distract himself, he looked up at a well-known aristocrat's daughter, Iris. She was a pretty girl, very much Roman, and we not married yet due to the fact that she had just turned of age. "Lady Iris, you look lovely tonight," he said, offering her a smile.

Ophelia looked up at him, appearing curious. Did he think she would be able to show him a side of life he had yet to see? The thought was interesting, and it had her smiling. Maybe he really was starting to develope feeling for her that were not all superficial...

Sitting beside him at the table, she looked very nervous. While the royal men at the table looked pleased at her appearance, they also looked a bit agitated, as if they wished she were not there at all. It made her wonder, was it she that they hated so much, or any woman close to the emperor? No one spoke a word of the Queen out of courtesy, but Ophelia knew it was only for courtesy... Reaching out, she grabbed a glass of wine and took a decent sized gulp. Tonight would be a long night...

Valerian smiled a little as he watched the crowd, starting to eat. It wasn't so much that he expected her to show him a new side to life, it was just that she was younger, hadn't developed the jaded outlook that both him and astrid had gotten, hadn't been beaten up by the world yet. So through her eyes, he could enjoy things again without stress of what he was doing eating him alive. watching the men he watched for signs of unhappiness, wondering if any of them where going out of their way to agiate the mob of rome, resulting in the near disaterous problem yesterday. If he found out they were...well, it wasn't going to be pretty.

Clearing his throat a little as he looked at her, he muttered softly."Don't drink to much. The party will soon include dancing and you don't want to be stumbling around drunk."He said softly, smirking a little as he watched the serving girls get groped as they leaned over the table to serve the men. Despite their wives attending with them, it was equally obvious the women were expected to just tolerate their husband's dalliances with the slave girls.

Iris smiled at him, tilting her head."Thank you my lord. I am very glad to be here celebrating. I hav not attended one of the emperor's parties before."She said looking happy indeed to be there. And most of all talking to the new captain of the guard, her parents would be well pleased indeed if she managed to marry him. And that fact made her smile even wider, looking beautiful and pleased to have him talking to her.

Ophelia blushed and nodded, looking over at him. "I'm just trying to drown my nerves," she whispered, giving him a smile. It was clear she was nervous, for her hands were shaking under the table. She tried to eat some of her roasted duck, but it was nearly impossible. Her stomach simply could not handle it, which was odd, because she had never felt so sick to her stomach simply because of being nervous...

"Will I be dancing with you?" she asked, looking up at him hopefully. She was not too keen on the idea of dancing with one of the aristocrats. Not when she was not sure how they felt about her...

Once dinner was nearly over, people started to stay toward the ball room. Alec looked over at Iris and smiled. "I am glad you are celebrating with me, as well," he said, then stood up and offered a hand to her. It was a just a distraction, of course, but he could already see her parents gleaming with happiness at the sight of their daughter with the new captain. "Dance with me?" he asked, tilting his head toward her.

One of the higher ranked aristocrats leaned over to Valerian and smirked. He was one of the few men that did not care of Astrid, and could care less that she had been sent away. Mainly because he was very anti-greek. "I see you've upgraded to a young little filly, Your Highness," he said, looking Ophelia up and down. Ophelia blushed, because he eyes did not fail to rake over her body in a lewd way. "You are more than welcome to send her my way when you have grown tired of her."

"Yes.And the others.Don't look so nervous, you'll be fine."he said smiling at her, because he trusted his reputation for being brutal with anyone who crossed him to keep her safe from any...problems, at least directly. The mob was a different matter. He knew the aristocrats were to aware of how things stood to risk everything. Leaning towards the man as he spoke his eyes growing dark and dangerous, a casual, cruel smirk curling his lips. "I have plans for the girl, anthony, that have nothing to do will satisfying you."his smirk widened as he stood. "Besides, your lance is to short to please anyone, why would I condemn her to that life after she has been so good to me?"He said laughing quietly as he reached out a hand and standing. "Dance with me?"He said looking at ophelia.

"I would love to."Iris said blushing a little as she took his hand and moved to the dance floor. Just as glad as her parents for the chance to dance with him. Pleased to see that he was as kind as rumor had had him to be, and shewas pleased with her parents plans to set her up with him.

"My lord, would you like something to drink?"Phedre muttered as she paused next to anthony's chair, the greek slave woman leaning closer, waiting for a answer.

Ophelia nodded and walked out to the dance floor with him, not liking the idea of dancing with other men, but willing to trust his judgement. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she nuzzled him and began to dance as close as she could to him. If anything, her body language told the crowd that she was not just a sex toy, but a woman that Valerian had plans for... What plans, Ophelia was not aware.

"I'm not feeling very well," Ophelia whispered, resting her head on his chest. "I'm not sure what it is... I don't think the wine was a good idea." She smirked a bit, not willing to let him think she was too weak to continue with the ball. She wasn't sure what had come over her, but she was not about to leave. "Then again, I think it might be the nerves... I've never had so much attention on me."

Alec grinned and pulled Iris toward the dance floor. "You are a young thing, aren't you, dear?" He tilted his head to the side, taking her in. He knew very well that the emperor might require him to marry the girl in front of him for appearance purposes. "I bet your father is itching to get you married to man of high caliber, hm?" He smirked a bit, swaying with her to the music.

Anthony smirked a bit at Valerian's words, far to used to his biting tongue. When the young greek maid approached him, he had no remorse for her demaning get up. To him, she was lucky she was not dead, for a greek girl had no place in a roman court... Roughly, he pulled her down on to his lap and took in her beautiful, exposed body. "No drink, slut, just you," he snapped, twisting one of her nipples until he got an audible yelp out of her. "I think a girl like you needs to be shown exactly how rough a roman can be in bed." He grinned. "But that will have to wait until tonight... For now, I want you under the table with my cock in your mouth."

Valerian smiled a little as they danced, pressing a kiss to her hair as he held her. "when we go back to the table, try to eat. It'll help with the wine."He muttered smiling sligtly as he danced, though worried, he wasn't about to leave the ball. "Well, you'll grow used to it. Lots of people pay attention to me. It's nice sometimes."he said smiling a little looking down at her, before deciding to redirect her attention."Look, it seems your brother found someone pleasing."

Iris smiled flushing a little at her words."I just turned 20 my lord."she said smiling prettily at him, before laughing a little."I am sure he is. And you are the most eligible bachlor these days."She said looing towards her father, who was indeed nearly falling over in his joy that alec was paying attention to her.

Phedre yelped as she was pulled into his lap, whimpering at the nipple twist. "Y-yes my lord."She whimpered looking up at the roman holding her, fear, true fear for what was going to happen showing in her eyes as she squirmed around to kneel at his feet, removing his toga enough to take his cock in her mouth. Nearly gagging as he thrust up into her mouth, tears starting to slide down her cheek as she worked him. Utterly humilated, and terrifed of what was to come, because she knew if this happened here, that the rest of the aristocrats might join in. It would be the type of cruel amusement valerian would enjoy.

Ophelia nodded to him, closing her eyes as he kissed her hair. "An emperor and a doctor? How did I get so lucky," she murmured, smirking up at him. She stayed close to him, her body pressed against his for support. When she looked over at her brother, he eyebrows raised. "Lady Iris? Really? Never did I think my brother would be qualified to court her." She shook her head and smiled. "It's good for him. He needs a woman to take care of him, my lord, and not just in sexual ways... He needs someone to keep him grounded - a good woman." Once back at the table, Ophelia made good use of the bread that one of the servers brought to her. After a moment, she started to feel better. Of course, even if she didn't, she wouldn't tell him. The last thing she needed was to disappoint him.

Alec grinned a bit. "Oh, am I?" he said, smirking a bit, "Well, maybe I need to take you to a more private dinner some time. That's if you would like to, of course." He gave her a smile, figuring he was beating the emperor to the punch. Eventually, he'd be forced into marriage, so maybe it would soften the blow if he made a point to pick out his own bride... No doubt, Lady Iris had a large dowry.

Anthony grabbed the back of her head and pushed it down until the head of his cock found the back of her throat. Grunting, he began to thrust his hips up and into her mouth. No doubt that he was a rough lover, with no intention of giving her any sort of pleasure. "There you go, whore... Make this worth while," he growled, his hand roughly grabbing her hair.

Alec turned at the sound of a familiar yelp, just in time to see Phedre's head bobbing up and down on the lap of Lord Anthony. He almost looked away and tried to forget, but when he saw her tears, he couldn't ignore it.

"Lady Iris," he murmured, "Excuse me. I have something to take care of." Thinking better of it, he kissed her cheek. "See, I don't like people playing with my property." He gave her a wink, trying to play it off as if he didn't care about Phedre as a person, but as a belonging. However, he was lying to himself. The stirring in his stomach suggested he was upset for many reasons, and they all revolved around his feelings for Phedre.

Moving across the banquet hall, he narrowed his eyes at Anthony. "Get up, Phedre," he growled, "And go upstairs. Now." He never took his eyes off Anthony.

"Lord Anthony, when did I give permission for you to use my slave in such a way? Touching is one thing, but I don't want her mouth on anyone's cock by mine," he snapped, "And last time I checked, this ball is in my honor." He looked angry, but too angry to be a simple slave owner. No, he looked like a lover who was swooping in to save his lover, even if he words did not say so.

"Hm, not a doctor, a man who's spent many nights to drunk to function well."He said snickering a little as he held her, laughing quietly."Hm, but he is now, and you are correct. He needs someone to look after him."He said sitting down again, leaning back in his seat, resting his chin in his hand as he leaned against the arm of his chair. Watching the crowd before frowning slightly at the sight of Alec crossing the room.

"I would like that.Very much indeed."Iris said blushing a little as she looked up at him before frowning as he left her, wondering what in the word he was thinking.

Phedre whimpered nearly choking as anthony shoved his cock further into her mouth, between that and tears, the woman was having difficulty breathing.Starting at the sound of Alec's voice she raised her head, but stayed kneeling, looking torn between doing what she was ordered, and what she knew she ought to finish. Because she knew there would be repucussions for him saving her from this.

Valerian stirred a little, frowning slightly as he watched."Ah, yes it is, Alec.But I gave you the task of breaking the girl, not befriending her."He smirked watching as phedre wavered on her feet a little, cruelty showing in his look giving ophelia for the first time, a glimpse at the man he could be."Break her anthony, and show my captain how his slave needs treated instead of as a lover."Valerian said his voice going dark and dangerous, having recognized that alec wasn't defending phedre as a owner,but as a lover. And he was going to put a stop to it before it continued.

Alec looked over at Valerian with wide eyes. "My lord, no, I have no befriended her," he said, desperately trying to defend himself, "I just... No, I just don't want to share her. She was given to me, my lord, and I..." He swallowed hard, looking flustered and irritated all at the same time. At Valerian's words, he slowly backed off, knowing that he was putting her in more danger by trying to defend her.

Anthony smirked, reaching over to slap Ophelia's ass. "Get up on the table, bitch," he growled, "All fours. I want you to present yourself to me and every other man in this room." At his words, a couple of the other servants cleared the table in order to make room and not leave the place a mess. "I said get on the fucking table!" he growled, slapping her ass again. By then, the other men in the room started to give murmurs of approval. Alec looked a bit shell shocked, slowly sitting down in a chair beside Valerian.

Ophelia looked over at Valerian in surprise and fear. Poor girl... She couldn't believe that Valerian was ordering Lord Anthony do this. "My lord, I..." she bit her tongue, stopping mid-sentence and looking at the floor. She may not have to right to defend Phedre, but she certainly didn't have to watch her be humiliated.

Valerian's eyebrows raised, loking at Alec."I now, I am the one who gave her to you."he said anger starting to thread his words."Now sit, and watch. You have to be harsh with greeks, alec, otherwise they will never listen. This is a lesson your going to learn."He said nodding towards Anthony.

Phedre's eyes went wide as she looked around the room, tears sliding down her face, flinching as her ass was slapped. "Y-yes my lord."She stuttered as she climbed onto the table and went to her knees and hands, doing as she was ordered. Trembling as she waited to see what was going to happen, and even more afraid that Alec would be forced to participate more then just watching.

Valerian turned his head to look at the woman sitting next to him,"If you wish to go, you may. But it would do you well to know that she is beneth you, this is all she deserves."He said with the careless arrogance of a man who was used to being better then everyone around him, and only aring about other romans. As a greek, Phedre didn't even register as a person, just some one to use to his own ends. A means to a end.

Alec nodded to the emperor's words, trying his hardest to keep his mouth shut, sit, and watch. His hands were gripping the arms of his chair so tight, his knuckles were white. "Yes, my lord," he said, gritting his teeth. However, it was hard to watch... He could barely keep his eyes on the scene, and he prayed that Anthony would be the only one allowed to participate.

Ophelia frowned a bit but nodded. However, she could not watch. She did not feel like it was lady-like to watch a women whom she had shopped with only days ago be humiliated in such a way. Instead, Ophelia leaned over and kissed the emperor on the lips. "Yes, my lord," she murmured, "But I still am feeling a bit under the weather. I think it would be best for me to retire for the night... When you decide to come to bed, I'll be waiting for you." She kissed his cheek and turned to leave, heading upstairs before anything happened.

Anthony grinned and patted her sore behind. "Good girl," he said, treating her as if she were an animal, not a human being. Reaching around, he pressed her face down into the cold table, forcing her ass up and in the air. Without warning, he slammed his cock into her from behind, grinning at how tight she was. Slaves feared Anthony for two reasons. He was as sadistic, if not more sadistic that the emperor himself, and while he had a shorter cock, it was very thick in girth. He could stretch the most used slave in the castle like a virgin, and they all knew it

As he recklessly pounded her form behind, ignoring the blood that spotted his pelvis, he gripped her hair and pulled her up for others to see. "Don't just sit there, whore," he growled, "Thank me for fucking you! You are lucky to be a live, filthy little greek."

Valerian nodded turning to look at ophelia as she stood."I will be up in awhile."He muttered kissing her back before shifting to watch the scene in front of him, though he was watching Alec more then the woman.

Phedre cried whimpering, trying so hard to not get away from him, knowing that it would hurt worse if she fought. Screaming as he slammed into her she cried harder, remembering what the slaves had told her. Crying quietly she struggled to hear the man's words stuttering and sounding choked as he pulled her up, looking utterly humilted and broken. "T-thank you my lord, I thank you for using my body as is your right, and doing what you pleased. I thank you for my life, my lord."She stuttered eyes widening slightly as she saw valerian shift in his seat, eyes frightened as she realized that he was going to make it a free for all.

"Have you learned your lesson alec?Or do we need another example?"He said his eyes dark and cruel as he glanced at the other men, who were looking more then willing to help the young captain treat his slave like she should be.

Anthony came right after she thanked him, spilling his seed all over the back of her thighs. When he caught his breath, he slapped her ass and sat down in his chair,cleaning himself up and pulling his toga back into place.

Alec swallowed hard and shook his head, his face emotionless in order to not show sympathy or pain. "No, Your Majesty," he said, "I have learned my lesson." He leaned forward and grabbed his drink, taking a big gulp of the amber-colored liquor.

Anthony looked up at the girl and raised his eyebrows. "You heard your master," he said, "Get off the table, bitch, and kneel until we need something." As he relaxed, his sipped at his own drink, then turned to Valerian. "Thank you, my lord. She was tight as a virgin. Well, was..." He grinned at that and tossed back the rest of his drink.

Meanwhile, Ophelia had a servant draw her a bath as she waited for Valerian. She soaked in the hot water with her eyes closed and her head leaned back. It was impossible to rest while knowing what was going on downstairs, but she tried... And she hoped that Valerian would come upstairs soon so that she'd know it was all over.

"Good."Valerian stood looking around him, "You are welcome Anthony. And you all will see yourselves out."He said before he left the room, no longer interested in any of them now that he made sure that alec had gotten the point of his abuse for phedre. Stepping into his rooms he smiled slightly as he undressed before walking into the bathroom, slipping into the tub with her with a sigh, relaxing."You did well tonight, my lady."he said smiling at her, sleepy and content.

Phedre whimpered, stumbling as she got off the table. stumbling and shll shocked, looking at a loss for what to do. Moving to kneel next to alec's chair she looked up at her master, tears gathering in her eyes as she stared down at the floor but not moving to get up."may we go my lord?It is your party, you can leave."She whispered quietly, making sure no one could hear them, and not seeing any reason they couldn't leave because Valerian had already retired from the night. Wanting nothing more then to lay down and recover, her body telling her that it was hurt, and that she needed to rest.

Ophelia looked up at him with a smile, but it didn't reach her eyes. Part of her wanted to shift into his arms, and part of her wanted to run away. She always knew he was a brutal man, and if anything, this scene had reminded her what he could do to her when he got sick of her... She was definitely treading in dangerous waters when it came to the emperor, and that scared her. "Thank you, my lord," she said quietly. Not wanting to upset him by looking disappointed in his actions, she leaned forward and placed a kiss on his lips. "I had a wonderful time," she murmured, leaning in to him, "If only my stomach could have handled a bit more fun..." With that, she frowned and leaned into her lover with closed eyes.

Alec nodded and pulled her to her feet. "I am ready for bed," he said, sounding rough and serious as he pulled her up the stairs and to his room. When the door was locked, however, he visible relaxed. Instead of saying anything, he hugged her close to his body and kissed her head. After a moment, he took her into the bath and cleaned her up. There were no words to be said, but there was plenty to think about. Alec started to wonder if she was better off dead than his servant.

~*~

Two months later, Ophelia was laying in her private chambers, looking rather nervous. While Valerian was tending to business, she secretly asked for a doctor to be brought in. It seemed that her health was getting worse and worse - always sick to her stomach- and she had not had her womanly cycle since a week before she arrived at the castle. Her mind going to the worst of thoughts. Was she dying? She had never been sick, not like this, and while she felt strong and energized, she had a habit of vomiting in the mornings before Valerian woke up.

The doctor thoroughly checked her out, then murmured something to one of the maids. Oddly enough, they told Ophelia nothing. Instead, the doctor assured she would be okay, then left the castle.

Meanwhile, the maid went down stairs to Valerian's office and bowed. "My lord? I'm sorry to interrupt your work, but it is about Lady Ophelia..."

Valerian looked up, his hair longer then he usually had it, but having gotten caught up in dealing with the warin the last ew months, the man had let his hair grow up. And even though a few strands of grey was showing in the mane of brown hair, the man still looked younger then he really was."What is it?"He said his voice going hard as he stood, looking annoyed at the interruption but the annoyance was covering up the worry of whatever happened to ophelia.

~~

Phedre swallowed hard as she stepped into alec's bedroom,holding a tray of food for him. Quiet and withdrawn,even after she had recovered the woman hadn't spoken in two months, unless directly at the emperor, and even then her answers were usually yes or no. It seemed that Valerian had succeeded in breaking her, but she was silent in her brokeness, silently mourning what had past. The woman was just trying to survive in a world that hated her, and being silent helped that.

Sitting on the edge of the bed she gently shook alec's shoulder to get him to wake, knowing he had to leave soon for the training center

The maid stayed in a kneeling position, keeping her eyes on the floor. In the past couple month, Valerian was even more snappy than usual, and she didn't want to angry him with eye-contact.

"She is with child, Your Majesty," she said, "Three months along, and the doctor said that she and the baby are both very healthy. I thought you would want to be the first to know." She finally looked up at the emperor, wondering if he would be excited at the news or irritated at the interruption. After all, Valerian had been very tight-lipped about his reasons for courting Lady Ophelia. Very few people knew he was interested in having a child with her, or if she was just a sex toy for the moment.

Meanwhile, Ophelia overheard two of the other maids speaking.... She was pregnant. Swallowing hard, she tried to keep herself together. However, it was hard, because she was sure that Valerian would be upset at her. She had heard stories of pregnant mistresses for the course of history who were shoved into the shadows of the castle and paid to keep their mouths shut. She didn't want that. She didn't want her baby to be a bastard child, even if it meant money might be involved...

As she waited for Valerian, Ophelia cried in her bed. She just knew she was about to be kicked out of the castle for this.

~~

Alec woke up and rubbed his hand over his face. Like every morning, he took his breakfast and sat up in the bed. "Thank you, Phedre," he said, nodding to her. It seemed over the past few months, he had made an effort to not be too cozy with her. The nicer he was to her, the harsher Valerian would be, and Alec did not want her to be humiliated or hurt... No, he was being distant for her own good.

Taking a sip of his coffee, he looked at the time a sighed. "Dammit," he snapped, "I overslept. Great." He scratched his prickly beard. Over the past few months, he'd been working himself ragged with Valerian on training the guard and dealing with the war. He desperately needed a day off. Hell, and hour off would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom