Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just so people know...

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
As some people know, I'm currently in the process of moving us to a new pair of servers.

For Blue Moon, this will mean:
1) Removing the PM limits
2) Fixing Search (finally...)
3) Restoring the ajax pm notification icon
4) Restoring thr ajax chat/shoutbox. I was forced to turn it off, sorry : /

There will be downtime for this, as Blue Moon isn't a tiny community.

On a more immediate note, I'm going to be moving the mailserver to our remote backup server in Florida.

This also means I'm going to have to shut down the mailserver here at certain periods, meaning notifications may have some interruptions, for those of you who check your emails habitually.

No worries and thanks for the heads up. This is awesome news for us all! Thanks for doing this and for all the time and effort it takes to do this too. <333

Yes, thank you for the heads up! I appreciate the time and effort you put in to give us a fun and friendly place to spend our time, as well as constantly making improvements and fixing bugs. I've tried to build roleplay sites before and its a lot of work.

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/5f5cc0ccca7cdca3ad23258177a65004/http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/TheColorfulCrayon/Decorated%20images/Cute_juicy_wallpaper_juicy_coutu-1-1-1.jpg

It would't let me put the image in properly... might just be my connection though... kinda crappy... It's work safe.

I am so glad I was horny that day and decided to google adult RPing site
~<3 I hope to never leave

Well I guess it was inevitable.

I've had to disable the shoutbox/chat for the time being. Should be no trouble to revive it after the server move, however - it's entirely a memory exhaustion issue.

Sucks about the chat/shoutbox! Hopefully it can be fixed soon!

I have, however, come to propose an alternate means! I've just set up a chat via IRC, on Mibbit.com's server.

http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23BlueMoonRoleplaying&server=irc.mibbit.net <This link will take you there!

Change your name when you get here: /nick [YourNameHere]

Ex. /nick StayinFrosty

Just pop in your name and click 'Go'!

Unfortunately, unlike the shoutbox, you cannot use many special characters in your name.

So, c'mon in! Pull up a cushion! And let's chat. :D

Well well well! So we be movin' to a new server, aren't we? That's great to hear! And for God's sake, i have forgotten about the Ajax notification thingy! It's been like three months since that. Well, anyways, great news nevertheless! I must say this place got me hooked! I was searching for a place to rp sexual things and this place just popped out. Thank the almighty Google...By the way, you knew 'google' means 1 and then 100 0s? That means 1,000,000,000...until there are 100 zeroes. Interesting...Anyways! This is certainly a big comunity we have here, and it's more than great to have the things that have been taken down back once again! Oh...just noticed the chat is down...sheeeiit...

My chat buddies!

tumblr_m9qv0elu3f1ql5kwb.gif

This is how I feel when I open the chat tab and it's blank.

God speed, Vek! Hope it's a semi-smooth transition.

Is this move what's causing the site to crash a lot lately? ((Three days and at least an hour or 3 each time)) is is the reason we're moving the cause? I now I get the 'Pm tables are flooding us abandon ship' message eventually. Then it's fixed within like super quick.

This morning I saw one that said if we see the message to get ahold of you. Problem was I wasn't' sure how to do so. Does BM have a back up site or something.

Site was working fine for me last night, so if it crashed again, it happened after I got off. But yes. These crashes are a server issue and it is WHY we are moving from the current one to the new one. Once moved over, features will either be fixed or turned back on and, obviously, the crashes should stop.

Weird, from oh 8 my time probably closer to 9, until maybe 6 or so this morning it wast' loading. For awhile it was saying "Servers timed out" then towards the end, I got the "Contact Vek" message, and the server itself said the site didn't exist for a little while in their. Then it was back and awesome. Mot of the night for me it was gone.

By the way, Vek. Did you have any reasonable guess as to the ETA of all of this?

WHAT I'D LIKE TO SEE....

I've discussed this with one of your staffers, but I don't know how far it got, so:

I think it'd be convenient if the same mechanism for posting pictures, whether in threads or as signatures, could be used as the mechanism for choosing avatars, i.e. moving them directly off a Member's hard-drive. A Member could, while posting either to a thread or to his signature, click on "Choose File", then on the picture he wants and it would pop into place. I'm not asking for this procedure to replace the one currently used, but it would be VERY helpful if it were to be available as an alternative.

XXtraPrince said:
WHAT I'D LIKE TO SEE....

I've discussed this with one of your staffers, but I don't know how far it got, so:

I think it'd be convenient if the same mechanism for posting pictures, whether in threads or as signatures, could be used as the mechanism for choosing avatars, i.e. moving them directly off a Member's hard-drive. A Member could, while posting either to a thread or to his signature, click on "Choose File", then on the picture he wants and it would pop into place. I'm not asking for this procedure to replace the one currently used, but it would be VERY helpful if it were to be available as an alternative.

Sounds like that'd hog up a lot of the server.

Back
Top Bottom