Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pen and Paper RPG!

Alvis Alendran

Supporter
Supporter
How many do you play?! What systems do you play, what systems do you run? How many systems have you played in the past?

I figure on a board all about Role Playing, there's bound to be a fine bunch of RP geeks kicking around!

I'll start things off. I play...
Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 (Love the system! Might have something to do with the fact I have very nearly every book ever made for it, in eitrher hardcopy, or PDF.)
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures (Because apparently the players in my area will damn near eat each other to play an old style RPG with pokemon in it.)
Conan! (If you can play 3.5, you already know the majority of this one!)
Spycraft (For those moments when you really want an in depth modern RP setting.)
Shadowrun (A nice little cyberpunk diversion)
Pathfinder (More of a D&D 3.9 than a proper standalone, but damn if it isn't a nice upgrade!)
Dragon Age (Yes, there's a pen and paper one. And no it wasn't as fun as I'd hoped)
Exalted (My first foray into White Wolf products, was pleasantly surprised by the quality and style of play!)
Hunter the Reckoning (Just getting into this one, but absolutely loving what I'm seeing so far!)

And last, but certainly not least...

Dark Heresy! And pretty much all of the sub games, like Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War! Love the Lore, love the play style, I just love this system!

So come on people, let's hear what the rest of you play!

I run Lamentations of the Flame Princess, have a Dark Heresy game starting up within a month.

I currently play in D&D Next and a Call of Cthulhu 6th game.

I have played D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, Exalted 2nd, Fiasco, Conan, Seventh Sea, Iron Kingdoms, Airship Pirates.

D&D 1 - 4 [I know 1st and 2nd edition but play 3.5 the most]
D&D Pathfinder
I haven't done this in a while ... but Rifts
My very first Paper & Pen RPG though was actually Hackmaster ....
I haven't done many of these .. but Star Wars I do know how to do

Ugh, I feel so sheltered xD
I think that's about it

For me its Pathfinder and Savage Worlds.

I normally get stuck with 10 hour roleplays though.

As in the entire campaign only lasts 10 hours, or that the session last ten hours. Because one of the options really sucks, but the other is pretty nice!

I am talking about the session and at the boss fight I end up rolling something extremely high. The move ends up going like this: "You hit the goblin in his mecha with your hammer so hard the he is sent flying, vaporizing in mid air." or "You dice the enemy with a butter knife." Because in Savage Worlds, if you roll a six you get to roll again and I normally end up rolling a 30 or the highest was a 42.

rise, thread! riiiissseee!

ones i've played before:
Savage Worlds (tons and tons of it)
D&D 4e, 3.5e, 2e, and Labyrinth Lord (even playtested the new edition in the works, sort of)
Fate (Dresden Files RPG, specifically)
7th Sea
oWoD
Marvel Super Heroes
All Fresh Must Be Eaten
Feng Shui

ones i want to play:
7th Sea
Honor + Intrigue
All for One: Regime Diabolique
Exalted
Spirit of the Century
Planescape
Al-Qadim
FATAL (bahahahahaha! not really)

My group is currently doing a D&D (4) campaign, we also have a Shadowrun campaign on the back burner and a Star Wars one. We also did a western/steampunk-ish one with a vaguely Shadowrun like system but I think or DM sort of cobbled that one together.

The list of table top I do (on a rotating schedule):

Fantasy
Dungeons and Dragons 3.5
Pathfinder
Ironclaw/Jadeclaw (fantastic anthromorph system)

Modern (flexible)
D20 Modern (right now running a really good group through a thriller mystery series based on a movie called "Hotline" that stared "Wonder Woman" Linda Carter..)
Modern 20 (M20.. available through the DrivethruRPG website
(a system I am myself perfecting)

Horror
World of Darkness (multiple characters for a group from work primarily from all the games)
Call of Cthulhu

Superheroes
Marvel
DC
Heroes Unlimited

Spy/Action
Ninjas and Superspies
James Bond RPG (Have two sets of the entire line in mint condition, one in very good, and the one I use to run games that someone annotated with really good update info [not complaining though...]

Sci-Fi
Star Wars (Saga Ed. and disavowing everything and anything New Jedi Order related by request of players..)
Star Trek (I have multiple versions of this universe that I draw on, but mostly the most recent is where I run from...)

Multi-genre
Spycraft (currently running a game that is inspired by G.I. Joe one night and one inspired by an old 1990's series called Acapulco H.E.A.T on another)
GURPS
Hero System
True 20

Also have loved the LOTR, Five Rings, and a number of ones free on the net and run them from time to time.

The Adventurer said:
rise, thread! riiiissseee!

ones i've played before:
Savage Worlds (tons and tons of it)
D&D 4e, 3.5e, 2e, and Labyrinth Lord (even playtested the new edition in the works, sort of)
Fate (Dresden Files RPG, specifically)
7th Sea
oWoD
Marvel Super Heroes
All Fresh Must Be Eaten
Feng Shui

ones i want to play:
7th Sea
Honor + Intrigue
All for One: Regime Diabolique
Exalted
Spirit of the Century
Planescape
Al-Qadim
FATAL (bahahahahaha! not really)

In your second column, all of those are good except FATAL, but that is just me...)

Right now, I'm running two games: Cyberpunk 2020 and Feng Shui. I should be starting a SLA Industries game shortly.

Other games I've run or played include (in no particular order)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness
Rifts
Palladium Fantasy
After the Bomb
Splicers
Dead Reign
2300 AD
Twilight 2000
Heavy Gear
Gear Krieg
Battletech/Mechwarrior
Dungeons & Dragons (the old boxed sets)
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (2nd edition, we're old school)
Legend of the Five Rings
Aberrant
Marvel Super Heroes (the old TSR one)
James Bond (by Victory Games)
Mutant Chronicles
Vampire: The Masquerade
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Mage: The Ascension
Hunter: The Reckoning
Changeling: Oh! The Angst!! *collapses on fainting couch*
Various other Old-School World of Darkness games (Wereshark: The Buffet and Prestidigitator: The Unpronounceable are my favourite)
Champions
Renegade Legion: Interceptor, Centurion, Prefect and Legionary
Pokethulhu
7th Sea
Exalted
Pathfinder (briefly)
Street Fighter
Battlelords of the 23rd Century
Dark Future
Deathwatch/Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader (all too briefly)
Jovian Chronicles
Dune: The RPG
Star Wars (the old West End Games d6 system)
Shadowrun
Torg
Top Secret S.I.
Tunnels and Trolls (once, we were drunk)
Warhammer Quest
Hero Quest (yes, the board games, but we loved them both so... and I do miss Winston the Polar Warbear)
Judge Dredd
Traveller (several editions)

And at least three different homebrewed systems of our own devising.

-Ursus Peregrinus
~My sleep number is .357~

0.0 I feel so...intimidated by the experience in this thread XD I was super proud about the three or four I've tried.

I've done D&D I believe the first campaign we did was 3rd edition and it progressed into a new campaign using 4th edition. My character was the only one carried over because of the plot. We also started a Star Wars one which was pretty fun and we did a western/steampunky one that had Shadowrun like rules but to my knowledge was cobbled together by the DM and we also started an actual Shadowrun. I think I like Shadowrun the best, I depth of detail in the world but the versatility of being able to essentially make your setting anywhere. I think I like that one the best because my DM let me be a Drake :D which resulted in a hilarious fight at one point.

Its kind of nice because out of our group only the DM has much experience so we are all learning together. Some of the others are taking turn DMing but I just like playing and occasionally helping come up with future plot ideas.

Back
Top Bottom