Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An epic journey

Kikora

Banned
Banished
((Kaura)) <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/goche21/ElfGirl1-1.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/ ... irl1-1.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Kaura finished the last of her preparations, checking the bindings on her pack one last time to ensure everything would stay secure and dry as she began her journey. She had packed several days worth of food, dried meats and fruit, dense bread, tightly wrapped cheese... Anything that would stay fresh if food proved hard to find. Several changes of clothes cushioned her back from the thick books and journals she would need to continue her research while traveling, gaining knowledge needed to find and purify the last source.

Finally satisfied, she slung the pack over her shoulders, securing it across her back to keep her arms free. With a nod she left her small room, ducking her head meekly to the Elves that had gathered outside her quarters. Any quiet whispering passed between them hushed when they saw her, and they parted the way, silently allowing her to pass. It was well known by now what she sought to do, and not many approved of her leaving the quiet village to enter the horrors of the outside world. They warned that she would be met by war, disease, famine, and hatred for her species would drive many humans to attack should they notice the arching tips of her ears, or the delicate slant of her eyes.

None of it slowed Kaura's resolve, and reluctantly her people gave in to her requests. "Let the light guide you, Child." One older Elf whispered, a sad smile on his face as he handed her the reigns to a light grey mare. The animal was already saddled, with a second pack that had more rations and supplies for the quest, in the human fashion to avoid notice.

Even her weapons were made for this journey, a shortsword hanging at her hip forged with the same strength and flexibility as all Elven weapons, magically endowed to resist dulling and chipping, but outwardly plain. Same with the throwing knives she had tucked away in the folds of her dark dress. All lacking the Elven design, in plain human cuts, human material, built to avoid attracting curious eyes.

"May the sun shine brightly on our village, Brother, peace be with you." Kaura whispered in return, fastening her longbow and quarterstaff to the saddle securely before she gently tugged on the reigns, and led the animal out of the gates. Once outside they swung closed again, and Kaura was alone in the woods that surrounded the village, only a few short miles before she entered human territory. For the first time she allowed herself to be nervous, checking the band of cloth that hid her Elven features to ensure it was in place, before she raised her hood, settling it comfortably to further conceal her identity. And with that, she set off.

{Meguchi}
Dragon_girl_by_azazel1944.jpg

Meguchi was on of the three dragon tribe princessess. Her older sister Kagayo and Loricha were typical girly girl princesses while Meguchi was a warrior. Meguchi had swiftly grown tired of castle life and decided to go out on her own adventure. She took her pet dragon Aiko with her and grabbing her sword and her pack took off. She left in the middle of the night in an effort not to be pursued or stopped. She soared out of the city on Aiko's back and galloped away. She had left behind all or her fancy princess garb and taken a bit off money. She wasn't particularly seeking out anything she just wished to travel. By daylight she had drawn near an inhabited area. She slid off of Aiko's back and Aiko took on her small form, a white and red scaled dragon. Aiko curled around her shoulder and she smiled as she walked calmly through the woods.

Quietly he stands with his back against a tree, staring at the forest floor. His eyes closed as thoughts of the night before pass through his mind, having exhausted most of the evening planning and preparing. A helmet tucked under his arm as the opposite hand rests upon the pommel of the sword at his waist. A belt of pockets, full of random components, buckled around his chest. A thick, leather bound, spell book lashed to his belt is dangling idly by his side. Small spots of sunlight, from the few rays that managed to slip through the forests canopy high above, glinting off his finely crafted elven half plate mail. A number of pouches of differing size wrap around his waist, each filled to the brim with water, rations and the like. Everything seemed to be in place but time and again he goes through his mental checklist, knowing that he won’t be back here for a long time.

Suddenly his train of thought shatters at the sound of coming footsteps. Every word he had practiced to say to her at this very moment just turned to dust. The largest reason he wanted to do this, to take on this pilgrimage, was her. He had always admired her from afar, now that she was about to leave with possibly no hope of ever coming back, he couldn’t let her go. It was there that he waited since just before dawn, leaving the village behind and without a word to anyone else to avoid complication. Taking a quick moment to regain his composure and a offering quiet nod of assurance to himself, he steps out onto the road. A broad beam of sunlight pouring down over him, exposing the mild copper hues laced through his otherwise dirty blond hair. With a wide grin across his lips at first and gazing upon her with amazingly bright green eyes, he finally finds the words. “Ya dinnae thin’ I’d be leavin’ ya ta take this trip alone, did ya?” Not exactly what he had in mind really but it’s a start….

Kaura walked alone for a time, gently stroking the neck of her horse to keep it calm as they both left the village for the first time together. It was a solemn moment for her, leaving behind absolutely everything she knew and understood, for a quest that she simply didn't. She was so absorbed in the sad thoughts that she didn't notice the dark figure hiding in the brush until he stepped out before her. For a moment she froze, tensed, and reached for the sword at her hip.

It was only a brief second of concern, and then she recognised the other elf, a bright smile crossing her face, meeting his bright green eyes with her sparkling grey. "I thought no Elf wished to leave the safety of the village!" She told him with a light laugh, bowing deeply at the waist before she examined him in detail.

She barely recalled his name, Tristan, recognising him as one of the men from her village, but not one she interacted with often. It was slightly curious to her why he would want to come when no one else did. And she stepped towards him with her head canted slightly to the side, watching him closely. "Your armor will draw attention." She said at last, before pulling back her cloak hood to settle onto her shoulders, only the thick band of rough cloth hiding her Elven features from his eyes, "We should strive to look human, if you do wish to come. It is a dangerous journey, Brother Tristan, Are you certain you wish to join me?"

He shakes his head slowly from side to side and exhales a sigh, looking upon her with concern. It hadn't occurred to him that no one had informed her of that state of things outside of life in the village. "Kaura.." His eyes squinting slightly as he composes his thoughts. "He ye ne'er wondered why the few o' us what left the village, ne'er came back? Please, tell mae they did nae convince ya they had really been killed?" He takes a few steps forward, raising his free hand and gently patting the horse on the neck as he looks down at her.

Trying to push back all those emotions and feelings that burn their way incessantly to the surface every time he so much as glances her way. Another sigh escapes his lips before he continues. "Kaura tha world is nae at all what ya have come to believe. Those of us what left, went to find adventure or just to experience a life outside tha village. As it is right now much of tha world is at war. Ah've left the village many a time, no one ever noticed. An from what ah've seen, I think we'll be fine, the humans are far ta busy squabblin' o'er tha lands ta worry about botherin' with an elf."

Leaning around the horses head he examines the saddle to see that it is secure and fastened properly. Turning back to her he offers a small smile in an attempt to ease her anxiety. "I'll tell ya what, why don't ya ride a for a bit and I'll tell ya what I know along tha way, alright?

Kaura smiled as the other Elf stepped forward, patting her horse gently to help keep it calm. She looked at him curiously when he addressed her, using only her name without an honorific or title. It was a casual manner of speech, one usually reserved for those who had grown close over the years, but Kaura found it comfortable all the same.

She waited for him to finish talking before smiling up at the mare, "I would rather not burden Ventus with my weight so early in the journey. I am fine walking for now." She gave him a quick smile, just a slight quirk of the lips, "Besides, if I am to speak with you I prefer it to be when I can meet your eyes, and not stare down upon you, Tristan." She told him, smiling wider at the casual address, before her expression was serious again, "What do you know of the human world that has been hidden from our people?"

"Humans have hunted us in the past." Kaura continued softly, gently tugging on the horses reigns so they could begin walking. "They fear our abilities, or lust after our wealth. They care little of whether their own kind lives or dies, slaying the young and the old in pursuit of power, how can you be sure that they will not see us as a means to meet a darker goal? Especially should they learn of the power we seek?" She asked curiously, but reached behind her to untie the tight band around her head all the same. She tucked the cloth into her pouch with a relieved sigh, grateful to have the pressure off the sensitive tips of her ears. She still had questions, may questions... But there was little sense in wearing the uncomfortable garment if it was not necessary.

Suddenly feeling a bit overwhelmed realizing that she has absolutely no clue about the outside world, beyond what little elders preached to keep everyone in line. Already he knew there would be many, many questions to follow and most likely none of them pertaining to the most important issues at hand. Quietly he strides along beside her for a time, contemplating thoroughly not only what to say but exactly how to say it. "Let's jus' take one thin' at a time, alright?" Directing his gaze down to her as they continue onward. "Our main concern is avoidin' the dangerous areas, there's alot o' fightin' takin' place right now. Secondly, we stick ta the back roads and avoid any major settlements lessn' we need ta resupply."

Casting his gaze down to his feet and the dusty road beneath. "We'll nae be hunted with things bein' tha way they are. As I said, the humans are much too worried about bickering than ta fool with us...'less we run into some mercenaries. That's why it occurred ta me that ya might be needin' a guide, so I decided not ta let ya leave alone. That, and I've found a lead, we just have a ways ta go before we get where we need ta be."

Suddenly halting and quickly turning completely to face her, a sudden stern and yet puzzled look on his face. "I hav ta ask, did they even tell ya witch way ta go?"

Tristan was silent for a good few minutes, and it took all of Kaura's will to not ask him more. How did he know all this? If the elders were tricking all of their people, how does he know so much about the state of the world? But it was a long trip, and she was sure that her curiosity would be satisfied eventually. "I tried to map out where the most dangerous locations are based on what we know of the human wars." Kaura told him, pulling at the saddle of the horse to retrieve the worn map, "I was warned that our information could be a few years dated, as contact with the humans is limited." She told him softly."

She took a step closer to him, her shoulder brushing lightly against his arm as she unfolded the map. "Our forest is here." She told him, gesturing to an area of green, "We should head north..." She motioned to a trail, avoiding an area circled boldly in red, nothing less than a warzone.

She paused in explaining for a moment, a look of concern passing over her face. "You do not know where we are going?" She asked, "I am not lost, wandering the world in search of a nameless source... I believe I know where it is."

She hesitated, worried about his reaction, and pointed to a black area near the top of the page. "Abyssus in Terra, Hell on Earth." She told him, "Earliest accounts of the horrors there date after it is estimated that we lost the Elven source. Human explorers describe it as a 'malevolent place that twists the nature of all that enter', and it seems that all in that place posses great magic." She glanced at him seriously, "I believe after the source was lost a darker creature came across it, and fell to it's power. The source became corrupted and dark, and in turn poisoned the land around it. We need to descend into Hell and see if we can find a lake like tar, and take a sample directly from there."

Casually glancing down as her skin grazes lightly against his own, quietly he clears his throat before turning his attention to the map. Emerald pools focus their gaze and carefully study the aged map as she gestures to each point of relevance. Now holding a corner of the map with a free hand and carefully listening to each to each word, nodding as she explains the tentative plan step by step.

When she finishes all attention then returns to her, looking tenderly down upon her sweet face, grinning smugly. Thoroughly impressed with the knowledge she has collected thus far though it is a bit dated it yet still may have been barely passable. "Well..I have ta say, the general plan is sound. Though, not all the current war zones are marked here, I believe I can get us around 'em. But, I happen ta know a way in what doesn't require us ta forfeit our sanity. Meanin' we need ta be here." Pointing to an unmarked location just off the road much farther to the west. "The only problem there bein' we have ta convince him ta let it go. After that, then we need ta just weasel our way north." Making it sound and look easy wihout a hint of concern on his face as to exactly one would accomplish either of these tasks.

Eyes lift their gaze to the sky, or what little can be seen through the canopy then return to her. "Ah well...we should be goin' whilst we have the light don't ya think?" Looking back down at her with a smile upon his lips. He releases the map from his grip and turns about to look down the long road ahead. "It'll take us several days walking just ta reach the nearest village and I'd like ta make it past there as quickly as possible if ya don't mind."

Kaura simply nodded as Tristan helped hold the map straight. To her surprise he did not seem startled by her plan, as most of the elves in their village had been, many naming it mad, or suicidal to venture into such a dark place. Rather, he seemed to have many points to add to help in the adventure. "Well, I will entrust you with guiding us them." She told him with a smile, folding the map back up to tuck into the saddle again. "You seem to have far more knowledge on the human world than I."

She quickened her pace some, glancing again at Tristan, "If we are to work together we should be forthright with one another, don't you agree?" She asks softly, her expression turning serious, "I would like to know how you know what you do, who this man in the west is, and what we wish to possess from him. But perhaps that can wait, as you are right we should move quickly to the village, my body weakens after sunset. I have enough gold to spend on a room at the inn, we should rest there for the night and decide on the plan."

She paused for a moment, and cleared her throat, trying to hide a steady flush in her cheeks. "It is not wise for us to put too much distance between one another while in the human world." She said in a small, slightly embarrassed voice. "When we reach the village... We should tell the humans that we are bonded mates, and share a room, do you agree?" She asked, looking down to study the ground as they walked.

As they walk along the dusty dirt path, he kindly stays silent, not wanting to interrupt. The right arm starting to grow numb from carrying his helmet all this way, he first brings it around on front of his chest then lifts and seats it firmly on his head. Both hands pull and tug until it rests firmly in place, listening intently all the while. About the time the helmet rests in a comfortable position he notices her abrupt pause and turns to face her with a grimace of concern hidden beneath. Hearing the last question his face begins to burn and turns bright crimson, thankful now that he put the helmet on when he had. A quick clearing of the throat and he stammers for a moment. "Well...I..uh..that is to say.." clearing his throat yet again "You're probably right, it may be best if we did, we dinnae want ta get seperated.....nae..." Exhaling a very silent yet shaky breath before facing the road once more, exceedingly thankful she can't see the look on his face.

Taking slow steps at first, his head swimming at the moment, it's almost as though he has to tell himself when to take the following step. A few moments later after gathering his composure once more and some dignity he looks at her through the thin slit in the face of his helmet. "Ye asked what exactly it is that we're after. From what I've heard, this human went to Abyssus in Terra and actually made it back out with losin' his mind ya see. So far as I know he's the only one ta do that and actually survive. Someone said he came back craddlin' some kind o' treasure, a few claimed that it may be an ancient elven artifact!" Shrugging and then shaking his head lightly. "I dinnae know exactly what it is but it got him through Hell, my guess is though we may be able to actually use the thing. Look dinnae enjoy chasin' fairy tales either but I paid for this lead and it's all we've got."

Taking a moment to look away and examine the surrounding and so far unchanging environment only to turn back to the seemingly endless road. "Ya also were a wonderin' about all the things I know. Well, let's just say I was not the favorite pick of the Elders. No one seemed ta notice that I'd go missin' for days at a time. I've taken the opportunity ta learn more than just what we're taught within the village and ta travel as far as I could. Needless ta say I've picked a few things up here and there." His expression turning hard beneath helmet as bitter thoughts take over and he falls suddenly silent.

Kaura lifted the hood of her cloak once more, settling it low as if to block the sun from her eyes, but truly she did not want the older Elf to see the flush bright in her cheeks. What would he think of her if he caught her flushing like a child at the prospect of sharing a room with a man? She was grateful that Tristan took that moment to place his helmet on his head, hiding his features from her. She hadn't noticed until she mentioned sharing a bed with him just how striking he was, even for one of her people. Long hair with copper hues hung around his shoulders, and caught the rays of light, and while the helmet now hid his face from her, she could remember clearly his finely chiseled features, and striking green eyes that so boldly met her own.

She shook her head to rid herself of those thoughts, and concentrated on what he was saying. Her brows knitted together for a moment as she considered the significance of the information he had gathered. "If he brought back an Elven artifact from the Abyss then that further strengthens the theory that it is connected to our power." Kaura said softly, half speaking to herself. "Yes, we should certainly begin by speaking with this human. Even if he is not willing to part with whatever helped him survive, his knowledge is invaluable." She smiled at the older man, the light sparkling brightly in her eyes, "We are not chasing Faerie tales, we are following any lead, and this one is promising."

She took a moment to stretch, not breaking stride. "I find the Elders do not care much for the individuals of the village." Kaura admitted after a moment. "I believe I only caught their interest because I am so affected by this condition. I am simply a child to them, and they wished to put an end to my tantrum by giving me the opportunity to fail on my own." She brushed a stray strand of snowy white hair from her eyes, tucking it behind her ear securely. "I do not believe anyone will grief if I am lost." She was quiet for a moment walking sadly beside Tristan as she considered her next words, "The elders wanted to seek the source in another hundred years, but without our powers, I wont live that long. My life will likely be comparable to a human's, easily a tenth what yours will be. Had I not left... I would have passed of old age while everyone I meet today is still young and healthy."

Suddenly the muscles in his jaw tighten, gritting his teeth in anger. I do not believe anyone will grief if I am lost. Those words burned into his mind, hearing them replay time and time again, back to back. The hand at his side curling fingers to palm to make a fist, leather creaking in disdain beneath the pressure. I do not believe anyone will grief if I am lost. The more he hears it the more angry with himself he becomes. Though he shakes his head in attempt to rid himself of this thought still it remains.

The idea of the chance that she could die before they can get to the Abyssus comes to the forefront of his mind. "No!" Blurted out suddenly before stopping altogether. I do not believe anyone will grief if I am lost. He hears it again and can not take it, it's too much to bear. Silently he stands with his entire body quaking out of fury. How can the Elders do this, just give up on their own, letting them die while they sit around and argue incessantly about what they will or won't do!

Slowly he turns to face Kaura, to look her in the eye. "Understand this now.." His words strong and full of pain yet he continues. "We will find this cure, we will not fail..." Gently taking her hand into his own ever so briefly. "I promise you this..." Then, almost inaudibly he mutters truly more to himself than Kaura "I willnae fail." The already loose grip upon her hand releasing as he turns away and without another word begins slowly walking.

Kaura slowed when Tristan did, turning to face the man was anger rolled off him in waves. "Tristan?" She whispered, unsure what she said to put the man in such a mood. His fists were balled, so tight that she could hear the leather of his armor creak slightly. She watched him in concern for a few moments, before faces her, his eyes barely visible through the slit of his helmet. She couldn't tell his expression, but was no doubt angry with her, even if she wasn't sure why he would be.

He took her hand, a surprisingly gentle touch given the amount of emotion he was displaying. He grasped him back as he spoke, his voice full of hurt, powerful and assured. "I know we will." Kaura told him, hurrying to catch up when he began to walk again. She glanced at him, before it occurred to her that someone close to him might be affected like her... Maybe her death would make him lose hope in finding the cure.

She felt a wave of sympathy, and stepped closer to him, easing her arm through his before she rested her cheek against his shoulder with a sigh. "I know we wont fail, do not be concerned." She whispered, tilting her head up to look him in the eyes as her hand found him, lacing their fingers together to squeeze gently in a comforting move.

Feeling her small hand in his brings a calm to his mind. Tilting his head so that he can look down upon her with a faint smile upon his lips. If only she knew.. The courage to tell her not within him, afraid to explain himself and the real reason he decided to make this long journey. Offering a gentle squeeze against her hand he speaks softly. "I cannae help but ta worry Kaura.." His voice tapering off I don't want to lose you. Wanting desperately to say it but hesitating Neither the time nor the place. or at least he tries to convince himself of that.

For a while he walks silently along arm in arm and hand in hand with her. The passing of time had escaped concern he then thinks to take note and looks toward the sky. Much of the day had gone by already, with a silent sigh he acknowledges the fact that the day is over half done and they have yet to cover any real ground. A clearing of his throat to politely break their shared silence. "I'm afraid we'll have ta pick up the pace a bit, we'll nae make it ta the village today. But if I recall there's a small inn nearby, it's a bit out of the way but it's better than sleeping out here and risking an ambush." Barring any tone of real concern from his words he looks to her again. "I know the owner there, we should be fine. He seems nice for a human."

Kaura didn't release Tristan's hand, leaning on him gently as they continued to walk. She wasn't sure who this person was that the man was so taken by, that he would risk everything to accompany her on this journey to find the cure; but she respected him for it. It was one thing to risk your life to save yourself, but to risk your life to save someone else was far more honorable. Her own reasons were cowardly, she didn't want to grow old and die like a human would, and she didn't want to be forgotten by those who knew her... Or be wrote off as one of many casualties of this disease, the first to fall when they already had the power to save their race.

"Yes, I am sure that we could use a night to rest." She squeezed his hand once more before flashing him a smile. "But, if you already know this man would he believe we are mates? Have you ever spoken to him of another interest in the village, if so could I even pass as her?" She questioned after a moment. She couldn't help but to flush again, but this time glanced up at Tristan with thoughtful expression. "Perhaps we should behave more as lovers would while in the presence of the humans?" She suggested, "If it does not seem forward of me to ask, of course."

Again flushed and turning bright red beneath the helmet. His hand quivering slightly within her grasp. Yet again trying so hard not to blurt something out that would expose his little secret.You are her! Flashing through his mind and the many ways that could end in disaster. He felt like screaming out of frustration.

Sheepishly he states "Well..I..that is to say..we have discussed a..woman of particular interest and I do believe you could quite easily pass as her....yes..." Swallowing hard, shaking his head thinking how pathetic it is to stumble over his own words. "If we act as lovers rather than jus' friends it could make things much easier." His free hand clutching and releasing several times acting as an outlet for frustration. Was he really prepared to kiss her, let alone bed down with her for the night? Knowing all too soon he would have to find out and face it head on.

During the following long moment of silence it finally occurs to him, did she even want to kiss him? Can he really bring himself to put her through bedding down with a complete stranger even for just tonight? His expression turns to mild panic, sweating beading on his furrowed brow.

Just before he can filter through all of the questions to divine even a single answer to this complication he comes to and realizes where they are. The day had passed and turned to night and he could now see the light of the inn in the distance. Looking down at her then back to the road he shudders to think of the next few moments and how it will all unravel. After securing the horse by the road and gathering their supplies, as well as a little courage, he steps to the door of he inn still holding her hand. Coming into the dimly lit foyer of the small in the couple is greeted by a warm welcoming voice. "Tristan?! How are you old friend and who is this lovely young lady?" Removing his helmet Tristan greets the man with a half hug, clutching to Kaura's hand. "Marco, it is good ta see ya old friend, this lass is the one I spoke of...her name is...." Flashing with whim of delight Marco bows to her and introduces himself accordingly. "Ah...you must be Kaura!" Having forgot that he had told Marco her name Tristan attempts to his his immediate surprise.

Kaura gently tugged on the horses reigns to keep it close as they travelled, listening closely to Tristan as he nervously spoke of an interest in the village. She flashed him a smile and chuckled to herself, amused and touched by how honest he was about his own emotions. It was a bit unusual for an Elf to be so incredibly upfront with their emotions, but no doubt that was why he enjoyed seeking time outside of the village to begin with.

She almost wanted to ask about this woman, but held her tongue. It was going to be awkward enough for him to attempt to show her affection in place of his interest, and she didn't want to complicate matters further by being nosy into his own life.

Long moments pass in silence, and Kaura smiled when they finally approached the in. She helped Tristan unpack the horse, and was oddly relieved when he didn't release her hand once everything was secure, leading her towards the door as they walked even more intimately than before. She had to remind herself of the act, but even that bit of reassurance didn't held calm her quickening pulse, or stop the flush in her cheeks.

They entered the inn, and are almost immediately greeted by a friendly human. Tristan wraps his arm around the man in a quick hug as they exchanged pleasantries. Kaura bowed at the waist and flashed a slight smile, pulling the hood from over her head with one hand to keep from seeming rude.

You must be Kaura! For a moment the she hesitated, a slight widening of her grey eyes the only true sign of her bewilderment. How could the man have possibly known her name? Her looked over at Tristan as an embarrassed look of shock passed over his handsome face... And realization struck the young woman. Even with all her naivete, she wasn't a slow girl, and everything that the man had told her over the course of the day made sense with this one last... Blatant... clue.

"Yes, I am Kaura, it is a pleasure Mr. Marco." She told the human after a second of gathering her thoughts, forcing down the tide of emotion under a calm smile... Even if she couldn't quite hide the flush of crimson that darkened her ivory cheeks. "But one moment please, I must speak with Tristan alone for a moment." She told the human softly, pulling Tristan with her as she led him into a corner of the room, protected from the curious gazes of the human guests.

Even if she looked outwardly composed, churning emotion threatened to overwhelm her when she turned to Tristan. "You didn't tell me you were talking about me." She whispered, gently brushing a lock of hair out of his eyes before she rose onto the tips of her toes. She let her eyes drift closed and pressed her lips to his lightly, her hand moving to behind his head as she held him still gently before pulling back, dropping her eyes to the floor in embarrassment. She clutched his hand tightly for a moment before she gained the nerve to look up, "If... You have true feelings for me then I don't want to fake intimacy. Give you what you desire, but only for an image." She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, "I have never had a mate... Would you be patient with me?"

Taking in the quiet moment between them, searching her eyes with his own before nodding slowly. "Of course, and I apologize, I never meant to hurt you." He says with a faint whisper leaning down to place a tender kiss to her forehead. Smiling dimly he continues "I wanted to tell you a lo.." And with terrible timing is abruptly interrupted by Marco as he steps forward with a hand extended holding a key. "I have your room ready friend, may you and your love sleep soundly if at all, eh?" Marco bursting into laughter, guffawing even. Tristan, with his face as red as a beet, takes the key from his hand and silently nods. Marco steps away and Tristan returns his attention to Kaura. Not expecting her to understand human humor he shakes his head and opens his mouth to speak but words escape him, his expression one of both embarrassment and suffering. Taking a quick breath he speaks quickly. "Can we jus' go upstairs please ta sort this out?"

Quickly he strides up the stairs and around the corner to the room with Kaura in tow. After fumbling briefly with the key and lock he pushes the door open and leads her gently in. Turning away for just a moment he places his helmet on the table nearby. Quickly he steps to the door an closes it quietly and locks it. Exhaling slowly and brushing back a few rebel strands of hair from his face her looks down upon her once more. His eyes filled with emotion so much that it becomes difficult to wade through his own feelings and find the courage to speak. "I dinnae expect ya ta put on a show ta spare my feelings, and know it's only a matter of survival. I wanted ta tell ya sooner but I've ne'er spoken with ya more than twice until today. I even lacked the courage ta even tell ya on the way here and I'm sorry for the embarrassment again. If ya are mad at me I understand."

Entirely frustrated he relinquishes her hand from his an steps back to prepare for the potential onslaught of fury and questions. Quietly then he sits down at the small table behind him ready to accept whatever harsh words await.

Kaura let Tristan lead her away, bowing slightly to Marco as they departed. She didn't understand much of what was happening, what his joke meant, why Tristan was so embarrassed by it, and she didn't want to embarrass the men further by questioning him about it. Instead she was quiet once more, following quietly as Tristan made the way to their room.

Tristan put his helmet on the table and slowly explained why he didn't admit his feeling sooner. He released her hand and she moved to the bed, taking a seat while she examined him carefully. Now that his helmet was off again she could see his features clearly. He had a stronger face than she was used to, with a well defined square jawline. She especially loved his green eyes, sharp and intelligent... Even if they were filled with more emotions than she could name.

Finally she glanced over his body, lean and muscular like most of their kind were. She nodded at last, "You are right." She told him in a soft voice. "You should have told me, but there is no reason to obsess over that detail."

She crossed her legs, taking a moment to adjust her skirt before looking at him seriously. "I wont put on a show if you want it to be more, I can't do that to you. Either we do this all the way, or not at all, it is too hurtful to us both to make a game out of real emotions." She paused, cleared her throat, and looked at him in embarrassment, "I... Can't tell you I love you Tristan, because you're right. I haven't gotten to know anyone in our village because I've been so caught up in finding a cure. You were standing in front of me, and I looked right past you... But that can change." She looked down, unable to meet his eyes as a flush rose again in her cheeks. "If we are to behave as mates I want it to be real. If you are willing I want to have a real relationship with you." She glanced up once, smiling timidly, "If you are willing to be my mate... Please come here and kiss me. Show me?"

Cocking his head slightly to one side, his brow furrows in confusion. Having prepared himself for much worse than that, thinking she was going to yell at him for dragging her into such an embarrassing predicament. Her words having robbed him of any decent vocal response though he starts to open his mouth to speak and hesitates. Taking just a brief moment to run through his mind what she had just said to make sure he heard her correctly.

Slowly rising from the chair he moves calmly toward her. Kneeling down at the foot of the bed to meet her eye to eye he takes her hold of her hands gently. This was the very moment he had dreamed of one day fulfilling. A deep breath and he swallows hard, hands beginning to tremble with anxiety. Looking lovingly upon her with those emerald pools studying her beautiful features as they had a thousand times before. Timidly he leans in closer, one hand rising slowly to carefully brush away a few strands that snowy hair dangling in front of her eyes. As both eyes fall shut and the distance between them closes their lips finally meet oh so tenderly. Sweetly he kisses her, letting it linger for as long as she will allow, his quivering hand resting against her cheek lightly squeezing her hand with the other.

Kaura almost believed that Tristan wouldn't move, frozen in shock there at the desk. She wondered if she had been too forward, or too open and easy for him to charm. After all, he had been right that they never spoke more than a couple times in the village, and Kaura was always so wrapped in her own missions she never took full notice of him... Now here she was after just one day of speaking with him... Offering him everything. Her body, her mind, every part of her for his enjoyment, and hers as well.

Slowly he moved, and the blush in Kaura's cheeks deepened. She watched him as he sank to his knees before her, his hand brushing a strand of prematurely white hair from her eyes as he gazed at her with an expression Kaura had never seen before. After a moment his eyes drifted shut, and Kaura followed his example. Their lips met in a far softer kiss than their previous one, and a very soft, delighted, moan echoed from Kaura as she sank to the floor with him, pressing her body lightly to his. Her hand gripped his trembling one gently, while her free one drifted behind his head, and tangled in his hair.

Caressing down Kaura's cheek tenderly slowly he pours all of himself into this one tender loving kiss. Having wanted and ached for this moment for what felt like centuries. Guiding her as she leans into him, pulling her gently closer still , releasing her hand and snaking his arm loosely around her waist. Relishing every crisp second of the kiss they share, cradling her against his broad chest, his grip about her lithe and small frame tightening.

Being mindful of his armor he stops for just a moment, sadly breaking the kiss. With eyes still closed and lips grazing her own softly he whispers. "Why..don't we get a bit more comfortable, hm?" Opening his eyes and smiling down to her he then drops his hand from her cheek to the clasp of her cloak. Carefully releasing the hinge the cloak falls to the floor. Returning his gaze to hers once again he can not help but feel completely enamored.

Fingers begin to dance nimbly over her skin, caressing lovingly, as they climb up her chest. Digits flutter about, climbing still now over her collar bone and up her neck. Still slowly they work farther, along the jaw and eventually gliding across those soft, sweet lips.

Kaura responded to Tristan's every touch. She sighed softly against his lips as he caressed her, drawing him in close to her, their bodies only separated by clothing and armor. He tightened his grip on her, kissing her deeply and with passion.

After a moment he broke the kiss, his lips teasing her lightly as he spoke. Kaura's eyes slowly opened as he suggested they get more comfortable. His fingers trail down her, unclasping her cloak to let it fall to the floor. Tristan's eyes met hers as his fingers danced over her, trailing up from her chest.

She drew in a shaky breath as her eyes fluttered closed again, his fingers trailing along her jaw. She sighed softly as he found her lips, rubbing his fingers across them lovingly.

Her own fingers weren't idle, she found the clasps of his armor, and slowly began to undo the bindings holding it closed. Her eyes opened again and she gazed at Tristan lovingly. She kissed his fingers lightly, lightly grazing her tongue over the digits as she sucked lightly on his fingertips.

Back
Top Bottom