Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Places, Old Faces (Qardo and Burny)

TheyDontKnowIBurn

Supernova
You know the deal. Here's my character.

Name: Mai Li
Year: 3rd Year
Other: She's the student council president, and holds a lot of power in the school.
Personality: Cold and somewhat quiet. She's a no nonsense sort of person, and she holds the reputation being almost inhuman in her cool calmness. If you get into her way, prepare to pay.
Appearance:
She has very long, black hair, and narrow, but intensely bright violent eyes. Her skin is ivory, and it seems as though she never smiles. None the less, her looks lend to the air of mystery and grace around her, making her very popular with the males in the student body. She's about 5'5'', and well shaped. All of this is in stark contrast to her looks when she was much younger. She was small, had short hair, and looked very tomboyish as a child. The only thing in her appearance that has stayed the same is those eyes and the hair color.
Bio: Life started out pretty normal for Mai. She was raised up in a nice neighborhood with many children around. However, because she was so tomboyish, the children picked on her. Life kind of sucked. And then she met one friend. They became very good friends. But when things started going wrong again, a rash of fires broke out in the town that she lived. You see, she had the power of pyro-kinesis. And subconsciously, her mind was causing fires at the homes of people who'd hurt her. When her parents discovered this, they quickly sent her off to a special school. There, she proved to be advanced in her abilities to learn and control her powers. She quickly rose up through the ranks until soon she was student council president.

Yes, yes I do.

Name: Seiji Kubo
Year: 3rd year
Other: Captain of the Baseball Team...and yes he does play fair.
Personality: Rather laid back, cool, and a bit of a joker. Plus smart enough to use common sense...at times.
Appearance: I cheated...-_- shame on me

Monday morning, bright and early. It was the first day of the new year, and with it came the responsibility of greeting the new and transfer students to the school. She was Mai Li, and she was the president of the student council. She quietly walked down the hall, as her assistant chirped out the agenda for the day. Rather than respond, Mai simply made mental notes of what she needed to do. She was used to remembering long schedules. Her school day was considerably longer than the average student’s as she had not only classes, but official duties too. But enough about that. Back to the schedule.

First was to go into the theatre and deliver the welcome speech to the new students. She sighed. How monotonous. She quietly entered into the back door of the theatre, as that was a direct entrance to the stage. There she waited back stage while the rest of the student council did their little spiels and about the Montrose School for the Mentally Gifted.

Also up that bright Monday morning. The baseball team was still working at it practicing before school had started. Even though the team was made up most of new students and they weren't here the 2nds and third years were working hard.

"Alright alright...come on. Get some more heat on that ball!" The Team Captain called out, "AND I DON'T MEAN BURN IT!" He sits there writing down the roster of who would most likely be on the team but still had a list of students who were going to be lucky. Looking back up as the ball was pitched and well it wasn't a great one as it was clearly a ball but the batter swinged anyway. "OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" He covers his face with his cap and hid behind the clip board, "We spent weeks on this guys!" He walks out and goes right to the pitcher's mound. Taking the ball and just throws it as it was clean and straight down the middle clocking in at 80mph, "That is how you pitch. Okay? I can't pitch ever inning," he tells the pitcher knocking the brim of the cap down over the guy's face, "We clear?" "Yes, sir," the pitcher replies. "Good," The Team Captain replies, "Aright. Pack up and get changed. We are done for today. No, practice after school. So rest up and be ready for tomorrow."

Walking back to the dugout, "Hey Seiji!" A voice came up. Seiji looks around, "What?" "Office wants to see you," a student calls out. "Alright," Seiji replied as he packed up his things and went off to the school building to the Office. He walks pass the Meeting Hall as the meeting was about to start.

One of the hall monitors took Seiji for a new student and drug him into the theater. "C'mon, c'mon..." She said. "The address is about to start, and the president is about the speak. She's not going to be pleased if you're late, kid." The hall monitor said as she pushed him into the theater. There were a lot of people in there. First years, second years, and even a few third years. Very few people actually transferred in during their fourth year. The crowd was actually pretty large, and all the students were chattering rapidly, like excited little squirrels about the year to come.

Soon the lights dimmed to darkness, and footsteps could be heard on the stage. There were a few students whom eagerly talked about the president's speech and about how they wished to meet her. But finally all went silent.

"Kid?" Wait...I am not a~" he gets thrown into the theater and just stood there as there wasn't any sits left. He listened and just looked at the guy next to him and shrugged, "I shouldn't be in here but hell beats going to the office," he just said as he looked on as the lights dimmed. Hearing the footsteps fill the room and all the voice just died. He stood there seeing the Student Body President.

Seiji knew of her but rarely saw her or if not at all. Yet seeing her some nagging feeling went started to eat at him as he had seen her before. He tried to recall the name before she spoke.

She snapped her fingers and along the walls, candles lit. It proved to be a very calming atmosphere. Mai took a calm breathe as her eyes scanned over the crowd. She began to speak in a very clear voice. "Hello, my name is Mai Li. I am the student body president and I welcome all of you to this, your first year at Montrose Academy for the Mentally Gifted." She said, in a very smooth and resounding voice. "This school has a long history of excellence, even despite it's clandestine nature. Amongst the various schools dedicated to those with gifts, Montrose shines above all others. We have a proud legacy, and I expect that our newest students will strive to maintain that standard." She said nodding. And so she continued on with her speech. Seemed she had quite a knack for public speaking.

'Mai Li...Mai...Li...' Seiji thought as he listened and rolled his eyes. Sure most of the kids were smart but others were trouble makers and most likely may not live long enough to see 30. Yet there are those who did and make a great life for themselves. Still her name was bugging him. Was she the little girl he knew long time ago before she just disappeared. Yet he just needed more proof. He couldn't be so sure.

Still looking around and trying to sneak out was really on his mind.

However he wasn't that lucky. Her eyes fell on him. "You... In the back standing, please, find a seat..." She said, her violet eyes scanning him. "Please pay attention, as you'll find some valuable information in this presentation." She added. This drew snickers from the gathered student crowd. Seemed there was something funny about being called out by the student council president. "I assure you, as a new student, knowing these things will help you ensure a successful experience at this school."

Well clearly he wasn't going to hold up to that and the snickers, "Hard to talk when I am the Baseball Captain...." he called out as he still stood there in his practice uniform and drew a few gasps, "I was dragged in here against my will." He looks over at the Hall Monitor who pulled him in here, "Still nice speech by the way," he walked out as he knew he would grab some heat for it but he didn't care he was going to see what was up for him at the Office.

Mai rolled her eyes. "You'll do well to control your attitude, Mr. Captain of the Baseball team." She said, flatly. "It was an honest mistake, so your tone is uncalled for." She then turned her look to the hall monitor. "You have a list, why didn't you check it." She asked, irked. The hall monitor tried to make herself look small. "Sorry, President Li." She said. Mai shook her head. "See to it that you go to the office." She said talking to Seiji. "And explain why you were late. I'll confirm it." She said.

Seiji Listened a bit and soon was off to the office as he was going to get an ear full from Mai Li but it was normal as he was a bit verbal when he gets dragged off course of what he was doing. Yet over all he didn't really care. He just wanted to get things done before he had to change and get to class.

Walking into the Office and trying to see what was going on. He was just handed a list of new players that joined his team and clearly he had more work on his hand than he thought he would.

'Lovely,' he thought and realized that his thoughts were being read, "Hey...personal space please." Soon he walks out.

Back
Top Bottom