Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Infiltration (ZhenShanMei x danzomcninja)

The rising sun shone brightly in the pink and orange sky above the far off mountains on the horizon as the birds sang their songs in the early morning. Down in the main hall of the castle, things were not so peaceful. A gathering of councilors and nobles stood all around watching nonchalantly as a scrawny man was being carried away by the palace guards kicking and screaming. "I'm doing this for my country! She will bring us all to ruin! I foresee it! You all know it! Unhand me! This country will parish unless she is removed from the line! That woman is the criminal! Not me! I'm doing this for my beloved kingdom!" The man's shouting echoed through the large chamber. It was not an unfamiliar site. For the past several weeks assassination attempts had occurred one after the other. Luckily, most of them were from overly patriotic citizens and peasants. They had few close calls, but as the king's health continued to deteriorate, the people became more and more desperate and were getting closer to achieving their goal every day. The sound of heavy doors shutting echoed through the room, yet the people could still hear his muffled cries from the other side of the door. Then one loud shriek and finally silence.

The man's death caused no reaction from the people and they simply turned to face the Steward sitting beside the king's empty throne. "Is there any news concerning the princess' suitors?" Asked one of the elders of the council.

"None." He answered simply. "Several messengers have been sent to farther regions and kingdoms. We will not receive any word for about another month."

The people began to murmur among themselves. "Will the king even last another month?"

"God forbid such ill be spoken of the King of Khal Kaydah!"

"With this news the attacks on the princess will become much more frequent."

"Several palace guards have already lost their lives defending her!" People began to speak over each other and the room became increasing louder as the arguments arose.

The Steward lifted his staff and slammed it onto the ground, "Silence!"

"I-if I may be so bold . . . " The crowds turned to see a small bald headed monk raising his hand timidly.

"Yes? What is it?" The Steward addressed him.

"Yes . . . I suggest we appoint a skilled man to guard the princess at all times."

"You expect a single man will be able to do the job? Have you not seen the damage done to a number of our soldiers already-"

"Y-yes well, I happen to know of a man more than capable for the task." Everyone was now intrigued and watched as the small monk took a step back to reveal a man standing behind him.

Back
Top Bottom