Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Intern (Aiden&Shadow Angel)

loveraiden

Supernova
Aiden sat comfortable in his leather chair of his office. He was a lead programmer for a high class computer business in New York. He loved the big city, having grown up in a small town out west. He had met his wife of 15 years after he graduated and they had a great marriage. Aiden sighed at the word had. There wasn't anything bad about their marriage, it just seemed that things had died down to nothing. He had heard that after the honeymoon phase things changed largely, but he wasn't expecting this.

He looked out at the skyline that was carved by the skyscrapers. This was why he started working later and later. He even volunteered for the late shift tonight. He just found more love in work than he did at home. His dark chocolate eyes held a slight pain of longing as he ran his hand through his messy brown hair. He had to shake the dark thoughts out of his mind. He had a big deadline to meet and day dreaming like this was not going to help him.

Tara was the new girl in the company well not really the new girl she had been there for a few months but she didn't really do much, she was just an intern so she didn't actually get paid. She sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror in the women's restroom then walked out after washing her hand, walked over to the coffee pot. Making sure the coffee was fresh she poured Aiden a fresh cup, walked toward his office knocking to be polite because she didn't like to just barge in.

Aiden smiled when he heard the knock on the door. He figured it was Tara, the newest intern for the company. He had to say that she was doing a great job, and she was a nice person to have in the office. She was quite young and the way she held herself seemed to show his own age. He was sure that he wouldn't be having as much fun at work if she hadn't come around. "Come on in." He said as he sat straighter in his chair. There was still a chance that it was his boss after all. He hoped that it wasn't, he had enough with being ragged about the deadline. He knew that it was coming up quickly, but he couldn't work any faster and still make it good.

'' Thought I would bring you a fresh cup of coffee. Can I get you anything else? '' Tara asked as she walked in, sat the cup of coffee down on his desk making sure she didn't spill it. She would give him whatever he wanted, she knew he was married but she could tell his marriage wasn't doing so well cause he was always working late. It wasn't her place to meddle so she minded her own business but she worried about him, she flirted with him a little by licking her lips as she placed a strand of hair behind her ear. Of course he was the only person she really took orders from cause everyone else had their own personal assistants, she was just an intern who didn't really take orders from anyone but Aiden.

Aiden smiled when he same her lick her lips. He was used to her flirting by now, and had to admit, he found it exciting. There was something about feeling desired that just made him feel young again. Of course he never would do anything, not that he was married. But he felt safe in their little flirts that he got the excitement with minimal amounts of guilt. "You know what Tara, what would I ever do without you." He smiled as he took his coffee and let the bitter liquid slide down his throat.

"If you could find a way to make this deadline disappear I would really appreciate it." He smirked as he shook his head in jest. "Other than that is fine, just the usual busy work is all." At first he was unsure about having an intern. The idea of having someone around while you worked seemed more distracting that helpful. But the handful of things that Tara did, and simply just her company had helped make his job not as boring as it used to be. A part of him considered her a perk of working later.

" Okay. I'll be at my desk if you need anything else. Just buzz me." Tara said as she turned around, walked out of his office closing his door she went back to her desk where she was putting files together. She wished she had music to work with but she didn't have her laptop with her besides it was an easy distraction but then again so were the feelings she had for Aiden. Pushing them aside she tried really hard to stay focused on her filing, she often wished they could do more then just flirt but it was company policy besides he was married so she didn't want to be the reason things went further south.

Work had been going at it's usual snails pace as the day went by. It wasn't that it was a hard, he simply was annoyed with the repetitive actions that were required. He got into this business because he loved the feeling he would get after finishing a program, but it was the process to that point that got to him. He was staring at his screen for a while when he decided that he needed a break. He pressed his finger down on his phone and buzzed his intern. "Hey Tara? I was thinking of taking a break, do you want to get me another coffee and join me for a little bit?" He asked. He knew that he shouldn't be spending time like this with another, attractive woman. But he was sure the flirting was innocent enough, even if they did occasionally get close to crossing the line.

'' Of course Boss.'' Tara said as she smiled, stepped away from her desk then poured him another cup of coffee. She walked toward his office with a smirk on her face as she knocked to be polite then waited for an answer as her stomach churned because she was nervous about being this close to him. Placing a strand of hair behind her ear she refreshed her lip gloss really quick then stuffed it into her pocket as her heart raced while she waited for him to answer.

"Come on in Tara." He said as he shook his head. He knew she was being polite by knocking but he had told her a few times now. "You know that if I ask you to bring me something you can come just in." He informed her as she entered. "It isn't like I would be doing anything I am not supposed to ... not without you in here with me." He winked at her with a flirty tone in his voice. He knew that he shouldn't be saying things like that to someone who works with him. If anyone heard it, they may not understand their jokes and report him. He would hate for either of them to lose their jobs over something like that.

'' I know Sir.'' Tara said as she closed the door, set the coffee down on his desk as she took a seat in one of the chairs crossing her legs. She didn't believe it was right to use his first name so she called him boss, Sir. With all the time she had been working for him she had learned to respect him, she was very attracted to him but knew that it could be his job or her internship if anything got to steamy between them so she just flirted with him. The young brunette wasn't afraid to admit that she had feelings for him but she would never admit them aloud unless provoked by him to do so.

"So how has work been for you?" He asked as he took a swig of coffee. He knew why she was being respectful, and he couldn't hep but realize that it only adds to how cute she was. There was a little part of him that fantasized the whole secretary getting taken advantage of by her boss. And with the way they acted together, this was his own little fantasy. "I hope I am keeping you busy enough. I couldn't let your cute outfit going to waste just by sitting around bored."

'' It's been good, of course.'' Tara said as she chewed on her lip, twirled her hair it was a habit she had picked up over the years it was also one of her flirting techniques. She also played with her tongue, made it clear it was pierced but she tried to hide it when she was working cause she was pretty sure it was against the rules despite the fact that her ears were pierced she was sure they were different she also had her navel pierced. Tara knew what men liked, of course she had always been a flirt or a tease is what some boys called her but she wasn't a girl anymore she was a young woman who was very attracted to an older man who just happened to be her boss.

"That is good to hear." He said as he noticed her twirling her hair in the cute manner that she always did. He looked out the window of his office to make sure no one was near them before he continued. "Have I ever told you how cute it is when you twirl your hair? You remind me of an innocent school girl." He smirked as he reclined in his chair. "You know what I could really use? I good massage." He stated playfully. Of course he would never expect her to actually give him one, although he had to admit he wouldn't stop it if she did.

'' A few times actually, whatever you ask for is my command boss.'' Tara said as she stood up, smiled walking around behind his desk she walked up behind his chair then started to massage his shoulders. She had been told by several people she should be a massage therapist instead of a computer programmer but she knew a lot about technology so she chose that over massage therapy. When her massage skills were needed she used them but other wise she just stuck with what she was interning for, one day she hoped to be a programmer just like her boss. It was her dream to own a condo, drive a fancy car cause right now she lived in a two bed room apartment while driving a junky car.

He had been surprised when she placed her hands on his shoulders and started to massage them, and even more surprised when he noticed just how good it felt on his shoulders. He groaned out as she slowly worded away the tension in his shoulders. He leaned his head back and looked up at her. "You know, you keep this up and you won't ever get out of this internship. I will have to keep you here forever just for me." He teased her with a smile as he closed his eyes again and enjoyed the feeling she was giving him.

'' That wouldn't be to bad if I got paid in the mean time.'' Tara said joking as she massaged his shoulders, worked all the knots out she was amazed at how stressed he was. She could tell it wasn't all work related either, she kept her mouth shut as she kept her nose out of his personal business but she was really worried about him cause he just looked really overwhelmed with everything going on in his life. Of course she wished she could just make it all go away but she couldn't, she knew that a couple times they had gotten close to crossing the line but she liked top keep things professional unless it was just them but still she tried to be professional about her feelings for him that she hadn't admitted to him yet.

Aiden sighed in pleasure as he felt more relaxed in Tara's hands than he has in a long time with his wife. The thought crossed his mind and he knew he needed to get back to work. He remembered that he had volunteered for the late hours shift and he was unsure about what he was going to ask next. "So I am planning on staying late tonight, would you be interested in staying late with me? That is as long as you don't have anything else planned for tonight." He liked her company, and even though he remembered that it was these late nights alone with her that had been close to dangerous, he really didn't want to be alone. Not with his thoughts.

'' I was just gonna have a glass of wine, take a nice warm bubble bath. But that can wait for a little while longer, your more important then a warm bath. Should I order us some brain food or see what's good in the staff lounge vending machines? '' Tara asked she didn't mind at all, she knew her words about the bath would make her sound like she was coming on to him which she wasn't. The brunette intern knew very well what he liked to hear, most of the things she said were just slips of the tongue but she did it so well that she knew what to say to relax him when he was tense. She shared her apartment with another person but her, her room mate didn't really see eye to eye on a lot of things so she tried her hardest to avoid said person.

"That sounds like a good idea. We still have a couple hours before everyone leaves. So we should get some work done up here, and then we can have a nice ordered dinner and tackle this program." He said with a smiled as he played her original plans through his mind. He couldn't help his imagination take away the idea of her in a bath, relaxing with a glass of wine. He wondered if maybe he should have her get some wine as well. Although if they got caught drinking in the office it could mean bad things.

'' Sounds like a good plan to me.'' Tara said as she smiled she still had a lot of filing to do, it would take her a little while to get it done. She looked forward to their evening alone, had thought maybe a bottle of wine sounded really good but it would lead to bad things. She didn't want to be the cause of a divorce or anymore tension in her boss's life so she pushed all that aside, chewed on her lower lip really feeling like it would be nice to work together on something with him. Even though she was only an intern she knew quite a bit, basically just let her knowledge be put on the back burner so people didn't think she was just interning to take over the company someday.

The next couple hours seemed to drag on like days, but it wasn't too long before the rest of the office was on their way home after a long day of work. Normally Aiden would be packing up and joining them, maybe swinging by the bar for a quick drink before heading home. But today he had a night filled with typing, stress and of course the cute intern that he invited to stay with him. "Hey Tara, don't forget to order the food. And when it comes in you can come on in and join me." He buzzed her before loosening up his tie that he was wearing and reclining at his desk. He just hoped that she would order something good for him, because he was hungry.

Tara smiled when she got his page, she did just that. She ordered something she knew they would both enjoy, instead of ordering wine she ordered a six pack which she was also sure would lead to bad things but she was pretty sure he would enjoy the dark liquid. She had finished all her filing, waited for the food to arrive as well as her little surprise for him then when it arrived she paid the delivery boy then carried the food as well as the six pack into his office setting it down on his desk. '' Thought maybe you could use a beer or two to go with this.'' She said as she placed a double deluxe cheeseburger in front of him with fries that would make Mcdonalds look pretty bad, she sat down across from him as she grabbed a beer for herself then looked at her own food. It appeared that she managed to keep her figure up, what she had ordered was similar to his only one thing was different.

"Ah a good old american classic, hamburger and a beer. Thanks, you know me too well." He said with a smile as he grabbed a beer himself as well and dug into his sandwich. He was surprised that she had bought beer, thinking it was very risky of her, but he wasn't going to make her feel bad about the decision. He would have done the same thing if she hadn't stayed with him. After about halfway through his sandwich he smiled. "Sorry that you are missing out on a bubble bath. I will have to find some way to make it up to you." He said with a playful wink her way. The night time was when the real flirting was, with no one to accidentally walk n on it, they had more leeway and more privacy.

'' It's okay, I just figured this was better then Chinese take out. Besides baths are overrated especially when a person gets to spend time alone with a very attractive man.'' Tara said biting her lip as she bit into her burger, instead of fries she had ordered a side salad but she made sure it stacked with all her favorite toppings. She picked up her fork, started to eat her salad taking a drink every once in awhile as she looked into his eyes she couldn't help but fall in love with him. Her insides knotted as she thought about the things that could happen, she tried to keep herself in check because she didn't want either of them to get into trouble with the bigger bosses.

"Oh please, you flatter me. The attractive one in this room is you." He said after he washed down another bite of food with some beer. It wasn't long before he had eaten through all of dinner and had finished his first beer. He wiped his face with a napkin and smiled as he leaned back and patted his stomach, he had filled up pretty well and the beer was helping to keep the mood light and entertaining. He looked over at his computer and sighed, knowing they should work on it but not wanting to ruin the fun they were having.

Back
Top Bottom