Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You're dating who? (Cierra & sexywriter777)

Jason wasn't sure if that was a positive or negative reaction, but he returned her small smile and stood as well. He noted her blush, and assumed that she had enjoyed the kiss, even if she was a bit embarrassed by it. Or perhaps he was over thinking it. But he followed her back onto the path through the woods.

"Do you want to stay for dinner?" Ivy asked as they walked back along the path to the house.

(Sorry, in a rush)

(That's okay)

Jason nodded. "Sure, I'll just have to call my parents and tell them it'll be a bit before I get home." He said. His mind still whirred over the kiss and how she felt, but he let that fade into the back of his mind. But still, it kept floating to the front of his mind. Part of him wanted to reach out and slip his hand over hers...

Ivy nodded "you don't really get great reception in too many places... But apparently the barn office and the bedrooms have decent reception" she said slightly looking up at him. The teen continued thinking about the kiss they had shared not long ago. She hoped it meant something, though she wasn't entirely sure. After a moment she let her gaze float back to the path. She wondered if anything else would happen between them on the walk, but figured there would be nothing more once she spotted the house.

Jason noticed as her eyes lingered on him for a moment. He met her gaze, smiling a small smile, wondering what she was thinking, what she wanted, what she desired. But he didn't know, and her gaze slid away from him. He nodded. "Well, you'll have to show me one of them, as I have no idea where these places might be." he laughed, completely comfortable with relying on her.

Ivy smirked slightly and nodded "just tell me which you would prefer?" She asked slightly. They arrived back at the property and she stopped, sitting on a small stack of hay bales as the teen waited for his answer. Her mind wandered again, but this time a new thought struck her. The kiss. Did that mean something? Did it make them a thing? Or just good friends? Ivy wouldn't say anything outright, she just let herself wonder.

He smiled, considering. Office, or a bedroom. A bedroom would definitely give them more privacy, and perhaps a chance to figure out what she felt. "A bedroom would be better. I don't want to interrupt anything that might be happening in the office." He said. He wondered how easily she could read him, if his real reasons were clear to her.

Ivy nodded. She was relatively simple minded when it came to figuring people out, so she didn't think anything of his response. "I doubt my sister would be in the barn, she's probably making dinner... But it still gets a bit noisy sometimes with all the horses" she said and smiled as a shepherd dog trotted over happily "Hi Remi" she said patting the pup then stood up "follow me" the blonde smiled softly at Jason. She led the way into her house, quietly crept through the kitchen and down the hallway. She stopped at a simple but neat wooden door and turned the handle. Walking into a purple-red room with white moulding and decorated with several prize ribbons and belt buckles Ivy gingerly sat on the edge of her bed "you can call here if you want"

Jason followed her to the bedroom, smiling softly at the dog as he passed through. He sat down next to Ivy on the bed and pulled out his phone, calling his mother. He didn't get an answer, so he left a message, telling her he would be home late. Then he hung up and put the phone back in his pocket, turning to look at Ivy, their hands brushing. He leaned in slightly, wondering how she would respond to the brief contact. He hadn't ever had so much trouble reading a girl, perhaps that was why he wanted to be close to her.

Ivy smiled lightly, very lightly when their hands brushed. She wanted to slid her hand under his, but just moved it slightly so it would be resting next to his on the bed. She glanced briefly down at her small hand resting next to his. Looking back up she realized he had leaned in, and their was only a few inches between their faces since she had inadvertently moved a bit closer as well when she lifted her head. She wanted to say something but felt at a loss for words. Moving a strand of blonde hair behind her ear with her other hand, it fell back around her face, right back to where it had been. Ivy noticed but didn't do anything. She had let their gazes meet, and became frozen, feeling as if nothing was real.

Jason felt her hand slip against his just barely, and took that as a good sign. Then she looked over at him, their faces only a few inches apart, gently brushing the strand of hair away from her face. Then he couldn't resist.

He leaned in just a bit further, moving to let his lips brush lightly against hers, teasing, barely touching her soft lips. Then he leaned back very slightly, returning to a few inches away. He brushed the strand of her hair behind her ear again, his fingers softly brushing down the side of her neck as he did so, feeling her soft skin beneath his touch. He wanted to say so much... but didn't know how to phrase it...

Ivy had leaned into him again, and she let the blush cross freely across her face when he moved her hair back behind her ear. Looking up at him she took a shaky beath. "Jason" she said softly. "Can we talk?" She asked glancing down at their hands. "I... Um... Well.. I guess I'm not really sure what to say, but I .. Uh.. I guess I want to know if their's an us..." She let out a slight sigh of relief after getting the words out, but her eyes still held the question, the hope, the longing for his answer.

Jason smiled softly. "That depends on how you feel. As much as I hate to answer a question with a question... Do you want there to be an us? Would you like to be my girlfriend?" He said quietly, gazing into her eyes. From what he could tell, that was what she wanted, but he needed to hear it from her to believe it. The were very different people, but opposites attract.

Ivy listened carefully to his question-answer. When he had finished she waited a brief moment as thoughts spiraled through her heads. They weren't bad thoughts, it was typical thoughts that she would often think. Thoughts such as 'what will my family think?' After her brief moment of thought she nodded, slightly cautiously but mostly happily. "Yes" she smiled at him "I want their to be an us"

Jason smiled. "Wonderful, because that is what I want too." He said softly. He leaned in, letting his lips brush against hers once more in a teasing half-kiss, before he moved away with a playful smile. "Now, shall we go to dinner?" He said with that smile, offering her his hand.

Ivy smiled and stood up taking his hand. "Just on time too" she giggled lightly when she heard her sister call for dinner. "A word of caution to you though, my grandfather might not act as if he likes you. He does that with everyone that isn't a rancher. He'll warm up to you, it just might take some time... It worked like that for my sisters husband" she said reassuringly.

Jason nodded softly. "Well, I'll do what I can to please him." He said with a small smile, letting her lead the way out of the room and back to the dining room, hand in hand. "And a question for you- how would you feel about posing sometime so I could draw you?"

Ivy blushed then nodded "sure, I'll pose for you... If you want" she said lightly. She was glad he seemed to be serious about their dating.

(Sorry, on vacation)

(That's okay. :) Just understand that I don't write much when I don't have much to work with.)

Jason laughed softly. "I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want it." he teased, squeezing her hand lightly as they descended the stairs.

(I totally get that, I tend to do the same thing... And as soon as I get home I'll have better posts again)

Ivy smiled softly, her blush mostly fading. She was glad to feel her hand securley in his as they got to the doorway to the kitchen. "Hi anna!" Ivy said quickly to her tall dark haired sister. The girls looked nothing alike, but they were sisters. Ivy just happened to look like her mom...and Anna her dad. Skirting the corner of the kitchen before her sister could say anything she swept into the dinning room and sat down, patting the chair next to her.

Jason flashed the girl he presumed to be Ivy's sister a kind smile before Ivy whisked him into the dining room. He smiled softly in her direction as he slipped into the chair next to her, his hand still holding hers. He loved the feeling of her soft hand wrapped in his, and he didn't ever want to let go. that, of course, was foolish, for one needs two hands to eat effectively, but he wished for it nonetheless.

Ivy smiled at him and looked happily down at their hands for a few brief moments before hearing the familiar steps of cowboy boots coming down the hall. Ivy slipped her hand out of Jason's and looked up as a man in his sixties walked in wearing a serious but unreadable expression. Moments later there was a babies cry from the hallway farther down from Ivy's room. "I got it" another male voice said as the door slammed itself closed again. Within five minutes the dining room table was set and six people sat around the table. "We expecting another person Anna?" The grandfather questioned looking at her. "It's just for when da-... Well, speak of the devil" she said being cut off as a middle aged man strolled in and sat down at the other end of the table "sorry, what'd I miss?" He asked leaning back in his wooden chair as if he owned the place. Ivy sighed. Her typical, dysfunctional family was already at it. She shot an I-am-so-sorry look at Jason and waited for someone to ask.

Jason smiled slightly, looking up and down the table at the strange array of characters, ranging from Ivy's sweet, innocent look to the gruff, unreadable of the older man near the head of the table. He was already formulating thoughts about each one of them, but figured it was safer to remain silent until spoken to. He caught Ivy's apologetic glance and gave her a smile, a smile that said, "I'll suffer through them for you." He did wonder why her hand had to slip from his as the older man arrived, but he guessed that Ivy knew what she was doing.

Eventually everyone settled down and the man sitting next to Anna spoke up "um... Ivy?" He asked "Is he your friend?" He asked. He had a kind voice, but it held the fatherly concern. Ivy hesitated a moment while everyone else looked toward them. "Um... Yes Peter..." She said looking at him then moved her gaze around the table one by one "Anna, Dad..." Ivy paused momentarily as the baby let outa sound between a giggle and a cry. Stifling a giggle "Ivy continued, but first looked at the one and a half year old "Lia" she said then looked down. She had trouble meeting her grandfathers gaze but new he was the only one left "and Grandpa." She spoke calmly but softly. The confidence that Ivy normally felt had washed away completely. She knew her Grandpa wouldn't like this news. "This is Jason...my boyfriend" she said then felt a wave of relief after she had said it. "Jason" she said softly smiling at him "this is my family. That's my dad, Tom" shesaid gesturing to the middle aged man who had come in late. "That's Anna, my sister, my brother-in-law Peter, ad my niece, Lia" she added motioning to the three people across from them. "And this is my Grandpa Jack" she added biting her bottom lip. She couldtell her grandfather was shocked and unsure about what to think right now.

Jason's mind whirred as he memorized each detail of their face and attached their name to the memory, trying to store the information away so he would never forget their names. He smiled softly as she said, "my boyfriend", loving how she said it, loving how true it was. He waited for her to finish introducing them to him before meeting each of their gazes individually, his friendly half-smile not flickering, no matter the look he received from his target. "It's a pleasure to meet you all." He said. He could see Ivy biting her lip in his peripherals, and wished there was some way to help calm her, but knew it was unlikely. He let his hand brush hers slightly under the table.

Back
Top Bottom