Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Should I Change My Real Last Name?

Okay, my current last name hold's memory's that I would rather forget & secret's that were never told, it is to the point where I want to change it, to rid myself of the memory's. I have been speaking to my girlfriend about it and she is really supportive but it is just me. I still see/speak to my parent's but they are unaware of what I know & I want to keep it way until/if they fess up, but I really do want to do this but need some more advice. I have the new name and all but, please... help me out.

Anyone who has spoken to me, you know I am not like this & I am always happy, so please do not take me for a moody dude:)

My advice: If you really feel like changing it and it's something you've been thinking about for a long time, then do so. Otherwise, I'd move on from the past and embrace your name in full.

Is it something associated with your family and family name/reputation? My friend changed his last name because his dad cheated on his mom and ditched all of them. He didn't want to have his dad's last name. Another friend changed her last name because of similar reasons. Her parents were never married but her mother gave her her father's last name. He hardly made any effort to be a father to her. She only got to see him once every couple of years. Other than that she hardly heard from him, so she decided she didn't want to have his last name. They weren't trying to escape something, but they felt their fathers didn't deserve to have them carry on his last name.

Otherwise I don't see why changing your name will change anything. I mean, if you want to change it, go ahead, but make sure it won't falsely mask some issue that is irrelevant to it.

I pride myself on bringing respect to me and people around me, my parents done things I do not agree with and many people would not. If they confessed early on, then maybe I could of forgiven them, but they held this lie no matter what and I have dropped a lot a hints but they will not break The lie and that is what i have lost all respect of them for. Japan is not that kind of place, okay, im only half, but I call myself full Japanese as I thank the people in school and growing up to make me this way. Unfortunately, my family were not like the other people in my life therefore the name change. It is just a case of doing it without them knowing is what I have worry about.

I honestly changed my name because my father was abusive. I hate the name and the people associated with it. My step sister did the same with her mom's last name. I get it. Its not an easy choice but if you detest hearing your name or referring to your real name as I did, then you should change it. If its something less complicated than that, not that I'm saying it isn't, then you should give it alot of thought, not that I'm saying your haven't. When it comes down to it though it really matters to only you. Who do you really want to identify yourself with or as? Answer that and you'll know.

Back
Top Bottom