Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Professor ((Blair&&raizu kagurai))

He smiled as she accepted his help, putting his bag over his shoulder as he made his way to the door. His eyes looked her over for a bref moment before waiting for her to follow him to his car."Yes I stay here..My actual house is too far away from here so I made myself a place here so that way I was never late and could be readily available to students who need my help."

Lola looked pleased, mainly because he wasn't going to have to go out of his way for her. "Well, that's considerate of you," she said, smiling as she slid into his car. It was an incredibly nice car. So nice that it was hard to believe that he bought it on a teacher's salary. However, she didn't dare comment on it. She simply buckled up and put her bag in her lap. Glancing at the clock, she frowned. "Wow," she said, "Already midnight." She rubbed her eyes, obviously tired. No part of her was looking forward to waking up at six the next morning.

As he drove, she looked at him out of the corner of her eye. She took in his appearance - his strong jaw and his handsome face.

Michael kept himself in shape, always using whatever free time he had to keep his body well toned and his body in perfect working order. But that was the least of his main worries as he got into his car, smiling some as he started it up and headed towards the dorms." Don't worry about being late. since the test is next week I'm giving the class a day to study and work further on the review guide. But that doesn't mean you can simply sleep in and not show up."He told her with a bit of a chuckle.

Lola looked up at him and smiled, holding her bag close. "Oh, of course," she said, "I wouldn't not show up on my second day." She grinned and put her hands close to the vent, letting it warm her hands from previously behind rained on. Oddly enough, she could not remember the last time she was in a car this nice. "I am sorry you have to drive me like this," she said, "You have no idea how badly I want a car. I had been saving up for one, but when I decided to move down here, I had to use most of my money for the move." She blushed. "I was hoping that I could get that job down at the coffee shop, but I guess I wasn't what they were looking for..." She shrugged and looked down at her bag, fiddling with the zipper and wondering if she should offer him something in return. It wasn't often that someone was this nice to her and did not want anything for compensation.

Michael gave her a shrug when she apologized, understanding how it was when she didn't have the money for the car. While he never experienced it, he understood how bad the economy was for most people out in the world." No need to apologize, life isn't supposed to be easy when you're on your own in this economy. Just need to know how to handle the stress and finances." Michael paused for a moment to recollect his thoughts."You could always see about work at the school or something? if not then there are plenty of other places someone could find work such as your career advisor or something as well as finding a way around to search."

Lola nodded, a frown in place as he talked. Sometimes, her lack of finances was embarrassing. And what he didn't know was that her lack of money was not even the worst thing about her past, nor the most embarrassing. When he mentioned the idea of finding work at the school, she perked up a bit. All of the sudden, she had an idea. "Well, do you need help with anything, Professor?" she asked in a sweet voice, "You said you have a house you don't stay in often. Do you have someone to tend to it? I like to think I'm a good house keeper. Cleaning was always my job back at my last foster home. I was the only girl, so..." She gave him a smile, her face illuminated by the passing street lamps. "Or, you know, I can help with things in your office if you aren't comfortable with me in your home."

She grabbed his attention when she asked about working for him around his home, smiling a bit at the thought but at the same time not so much."Well I'm not in real need for housekeeping back at home. But perhaps help in my office will be alright. at least for a few weeks. 'll think about it though so I'll keep you updated on that."Because of his constant workloads, Michael could never find the time to truey clean up his temporary home or even restock on food and drinks. And if she was willing to work and do all that for him then he was willing to let her work for him.

Lola grinned and nodded. "Of course," she said, looking excited at the idea of being able to work for him. He seemed nice and fair, and it would be a lot better than having to walk off campus every day. They were in a big city, and it was dangerous for a girl her age to be walking around in the middle of the night alone. He'd really be saving her from the chance of having to apply at a bar or some other place that would distract her from her school work.

Once they got to that side of campus, she got out of the car with her bag and began to follow him inside the wing of the college she had yet to see. "This is nice," she said, glancing around. This was obviously the better side of the school, which made sense, because she had to settle for one of the least expensive dorms, and the one with an actual vacancy. "And you have your own room here? Like a regular dorm room?"

Michael smiled when she seemed glad he offered her a job, knowing she was more than happy given it would make things so much easier when it came to working with her class schedule. But when she began to ask about the rooms, Michael gave a shrug."Not exactly..on the top floor are the bigger dorms where sororities used to be, but ever since this school got so popular and the school needed the space most of them were boarded into seperate rooms instead of one. But I got them to keep one for me since I live so far away."

"As for the dorm you can stay in for tonight its room number 403, a few doors down from mine."

Lola smiled and nodded, sliding her bag over her shoulder. She followed him upstairs, then found room 403. Before she walked in, she turned her head to him. "Thank you so much, Professor," she murmured, her eyes looking... flirty? She could not believe she was flirting with her professor, but after all he had done for her in one day, he didn't even feel like a professor. Not quite, anyway. "Goodnight."

With that, she slipped into the nice, private dorm room and stripped down to her panties. It wasn't long before she was in bed, falling fast asleep. It was nice to be in a comfortable bed with out someone having sex in the buck above her.

With a smiling nod, Michael bowed his head a bit and shut the door before heading over to his own to call it a night. Considering it was late, he slipped into his office and tossed his bag onto the floor. The classwork and other things could be done at a later time so he stripped down to his boxers and jumped onto his bed, sighing softly before slowly dozing off to sleep. He noticed her flirty attitude but paid it no mind, not quite sure if she was actually doing it of her own or not.

The next morning, Lola crept out of the dorm room in time to make it down to the campus coffee shop and back. When she returned, she knocked on the door the she saw the professor disappear into the night before. She looked a little nervous, feeling slightly embarrassed about how much the professor had to do for her in one single day. She felt like she needed to make it up to him some how, but the only way she had ever made anything up to anyone in her life time was through sexual favors.

As the door opened, she gave him a sunny smile. "Good morning," she said, holding out the coffee she had bought for him. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be weird, but I felt like I needed to make up last night to you some how..." She blushed and stepped away from the door. Her hand moved up to brush some of her hair out of her face. When she looked back up at him from beneath her lashes, it was clear that she was attracted to him.

He ws just finished getting dressed for the day when a knock came to his door, Mike answering it, only to find Lola who had a coffee waiting for him. He smiled and happily took it from her."Well thank you anyway but you didn't need to do that. I don't require people to pay me back for anything.."He assured her, watching her step back with a blush tainting her cheeks. It took him a moment of thinking to conclude that this woman liked him, or had some sort of attraction to him. But just like last night, he shrugged it off as best he could, despite how beautiful she looked. "Well since I don't teach class until later in the day I have some free time, anything you have to ask? or did you just drop by to see me?"

Lola smirked and shrugged a bit. "I guess... I just dropped by to see you," she said, looking a little embarrassed. After all, he was the only person she had met and liked at college so far. It's not like she had friends to hang out with or a dorm to go back to whenever she wanted. Her room mate had already claimed their room about 90% of the time... Lola shifted uncomfortably, sliding her bag onto her shoulder and taking a sip of her coffee. Her eyes glanced down the hall, then back at him. "Of course, I can go keep myself busy until my class starts." She mentally slapped herself. What was she doing?! She was making herself look desperate and needy to this handsome professor who probably wished she would just move along and leave him alone.

Mike chuckled a bit as Lola talked, knowing she was just wanting to hang out, given she stopped by and stuck around for more than a simple hello. So with a smile, he moved aside "Would you like to come in then?Might as well get used to the place if you're gonna work here after classes.." He pointed out before he moved into the room and found himself a seat at the kitchen table where he had a newspaper sitting.

Lola grinned and stepped inside of his dorm/apartment. It was definitely much nicer and much larger than what she expected, considering it had originally been a dorm room. It made her wonder if there was any re-modeling that went on... "This is a nice set up," she said, sitting down at the table with him. it felt a tad weird to be on such casual terms with a professor, but damn - he was a handsome man. It was hard to not want something to go on between them, even if it was considered taboo to most people.

Taking a sip of her coffee, she casually looked over at him. "So, do you have any family around?" she asked curiously, tilting her head to the side. She remembered him saying that he was not married, but surely he had siblings or something. She found herself wanting to know more about this man...

Michael smiled and shut the door behind her before taking a seat at the kitchen table, looking through his newspaper while taking a sip of his coffee." Its a nice place to come to and relax when I'm not feeling like actually heading home." While he wasn't usual casual with students. He figured that if she were to work for him then he may as well get used to her company one way or another. And since he didn't have anything scheduled for the early morning, he didn't mind having her company around.

"No its just me here, my family moved a bit up north from here, they didn't approve of me becoming a teacher so I went on my own rather than dealing with them."

Lola was a little surprised that he had no family he kept contact with. It was rather sad, and it was something she was familiar with. Sometimes family was not the most dependable thing in life. Sometimes you have to depend on yourself.

"I understand," she said, looking down at her Starbucks cup. "I spent most of my time in foster homes." She gave a shrug. "I never really had family..." She blushed, because it seemed like she may have said too much. It was now clear why Lola had a lack of finances, car, or support. In reality, she had no one. All she had was herself and her determination to make a life for herself. She refused to fall into the trap of drugs and prostitution that her mother had.

"I mean, I had a family," she said, feeling like she needed to correct herself. "It's just, well, they aren't involved. I haven't seen my mom since..." She had to stop and think. "Since I was five, I think. My dad comes around when he feels like it, but never long enough to be a dad."

He looked at her, listening as she told him about her family. While he didn't want to hear about it, he found himself listening anyway. but after a while he looked towards her from his paper. It seemed her family abandonment came from a more practical method. His wasn't the kind he could simply walk away from. But nonetheless he set his paper down and rose to his feet."I understand how you feel though I'm not sure if such things should be talked about right now given we just met. then again it's nice to have someone to talk to.."

Immediately, Lola felt as if she had offended him. She swallowed hard, and the color drained from her face. "Oh... Oh, I'm sorry," she said, looking away from him. She ran her fingers through her hair. "I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I was just... I don't know." She awkwardly stood up when he did, feeling as if she may have stepped over her boundaries. "I should go," she said, then clumsily knocked her coffee to the floor with her bag.

"Shit," she snapped, grabbing the cup off the floor. However, didn't catch it before the coffee poured out on the floor. Her hand rubbed over her face in frustration, and she quickly stood up to grab a towel from the kitchen. When she turned, she slammed right into his chest, losing her balance.

He was about to protest to her offer to leave, the girl taking his words the wrong way before she knocked over her cup. Michael went to help her, only to have her bump into him as she grabbed a towel and turned into him. Once she did, he held her still."Relax Miss Clearwater.. No need to rush or worry. You didn't make me feel uncomfortable. Just wanted to let you know to take it easy on telling people such things. At least not so quickly. But I do understand the kind of broken family you came from.."

Lola let him hold her still, her hands coming down to rest on his chest as she looked up at him. She could feel how close they were, and instead of feeling awkward, she took comfort in it for some reason... "I just... I don't know. You were the first person I met who said they did not have family around," she said honestly, "It just felt nice to get it off my chest." Of course, she did not tell him the whole story. There was much more to the destructive childhood that she had.

Nonetheless, Lola felt embarrassed. He probably thought she was acting like a child.

"I should clean up my mess," she said, her cheeks turning a dark pink. Gently, she stepped out of his arms and turned to the mess on the floor. After mopping the coffee up with a towel, she rang it out in the sink and washed her hands. With every movement Lola made, it became clear that she was simply a lonely girl who had never been given much of a chance by the people in her life. She was far from pathetic, for she was a driven girl with a lot of potential, but she had a lot of insecurities.

"I understand Lola, I should't have said anything, might be nice to have someone to talk to now that you'll be working here."He assured her, watching her clean up before throwing his paper in the trash."You just need to relax and ease up around here. You're too worrysome and that can affect your studies." Michael found himself a seat on the couch."Well you wanna stick around or do you have somewhere to be right now?"

Lola looked over to the living room and bit her lip. Part of her thought she needed to go before things got even worse, then part of her wanted to stay with him. He gave her a sense of comfort in this scary new town... "I... Okay, I'll stay," she murmured, stepping into the living room and sitting down on the other end of the couch. She pulled her shoes off, revealing another tattoo on the top of her foot.

Her body turned to the side, her feet moving to rest beneath her. Her head rested against the back of the seat as she looked up at him. "You must think I'm such a child," she whispered, her cheeks pink. "I promise I'm not always such a klutz. The new surrounding and new people... They just have me on edge."

Michael nodded when she agreed to stay, flipping through various channels on the tv when she decided to join him. Though he couldn't help but give the tattoo a look, smiling as his gaze returned to the screen. there wasn't much she could do to ruin the place, nothing sentimental lying around the living room and dining room.

The professor couldn't help but laugh at that comment, shaking his head as he handed her the remote, letting her find something."Not at all. You're just nervous, new town, new school, and new people. You'll get used to it after a while.

Back
Top Bottom