Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Professor ((Blair&&raizu kagurai))

Blair1216

Pulsar
Jennifer-Lawrence-5-351x415.jpg

Ever since Lola was a little girl, her life was absolute chaos. With her mother being in jail since the time she was three and her father picking and choosing when he wanted to actually be a father, she never had real parents or a real family. Her life was one big blur of foster homes and new schools... That's why she chose the college farthest away from her home state. It was not only farthest away from memories and disappointments, but it offered her the largest scholarship.

Today was her first day of class, and she was sitting in the middle seat with her pen and paper ready. Yes, maybe she was a little eager, but it was all she had at the moment. Even her room mate in the dorms didn't want much to do with her. She was rushing for a sorority, and the room with Lola was only a temporary arrangement.

Lola's long, dark blond hair was worn down and in natural waves. Since her wardrobe was limited, she wore her best pair of jeans (which still were nothing close to top of the line), a white-button up shirt that displayed a hint of cleavage, and a pair of brown boots that her jeans were tucked in to. The boots were her only pair of shoes except a pair of old tennis shoes, so she always did her best to keep them clean and presentable... However, sitting among a bunch of teens who looked like they had all walked out of a magazine, Lola felt anything but presentable.

Professor Bell enjoyed his life as a professor here at the school. While he was offered a hefty pay given his experience and knowledge on all forms of math from basic to Calculus and above, Michael didn't care much about the money since he was already wealthy enough to spend it how he liked and then some. So him working here was simply for his enjoyment, to grace others with the knowledge he had to give. But even then something was off, something still didn't feel right within him.

As class began, Michael noticed a new girl sitting in his classroom, tilting his head a bit before shrugged it off. He would talk to her after class t see what she was here for, seeing as he wasn't told of a new student coming in."Good morning class, hope you had a good few days off because now it's time to get things back on track. And you, new girl, I would suggest you get some notes from earlier lessons from one of your classmates. And see me after class with your schedule so I can make sure to note you down in my book if you are to be attending my classes from here on." While he may seem like an ass, Michael was simply one of those teachers that keeps his students on point and doesn't take slack work kindly either.

As soon as Professor Bell called her out, Lola's face turned a bright red. She nodded quickly, looking sincere. "Oh, yes, of course," she murmured quickly. She could hear murmurs in the class, surely about her random presence, and it made her blush even worse. Desperate to ignore the thoughts of others, she focused on getting her note taking supplies in order and paying attention to the professor. He seemed stern, but he also seemed like he enjoyed what he did. It was easy to understand the lesson, even if she was behind in the class.

She also noted that he was handsome and well put together. It was almost odd to see such a striking man in front of an Algebra class... Sighing, she kept busy with her notes the entire class period, taking down every word he said. She would do what he asked and get some notes from a classmate, but she doubted the notes would be as well written as her's. She was always an attentive student. Ever since her first foster mother told her that education was the only way out of the life she was in, she had worked as hard as possible.

After class, Lola slipped her bag on her shoulder and walked up to his desk. "Professor Bell? I'm Lola Clearwater," she said, handing him her schedule. "I'm sorry for the mix up." She swallowed hard, hoping he'd let her stay. The office told her that the class was full and the professor had the choice of keeping her in the class or not, but she was willing to take the risk. She really needed this class.

Michael smiled when the girl seemed attentive and was always writing things down whenever words left his lips. She was definitely going to be a good student given she wasted no time in doing what he told her to do. But when class was dismissed, right on cue Lola stepped up to his desk, catching the man's attention with a smile."Thank you for doing as I told you, not often my students o that on their first day, especially my class. And there was no mix up Miss Clearwater, I just didn't expect to get a new student so late in the term. But if you can manage to catch up and everything then I'll allow you to stay."

After looking through her papers and writing things down in his book, Michael handed back her papers and smiled."Are you new here? haven't seen you around here or even around the town at all.."

Lola blushed a bit, tucking her hair behind her ear. She returned his smile, for it was hard not to. He had a beautiful smile...

"Oh, um, yes," she said, nodding. Her voice had a very slight southern drawl, just enough to make it clear that she was from down south. "It was a... last minute decision." She looked regretful at that statement, as if she was not proud of what she had done. Of course, she wasn't, but that didn't matter now. "I just moved here this past weekend. I was lucky enough to find a vacancy in one of the dorm rooms, and the councilor managed to squeeze me in to a couple classes before the deadline."

Lola shifted her back pack on her shoulder. "I promise, I'm dedicated," she said, sincerity in her voice, "I'll catch up and keep up." She gave him a genuine smile, then looked at the clock. "Actually, I was going to ask if you had any office hours this evening?"

Michael made a few notes of her down on some paper, setting it aside so he could make a file for her on his computer for her grades and attendance. If she was as dedicated as she says than he was going to enjoy this class, especially since someone will actually follow along and listening to his lectures.

He began packing up his bag as Lola asked about his office hours."My hours are open, just let me know when you want to meet so I can work it around my schedule."He informed her with a smile as he set his bag on the desk."However, I do have some free time if you want my help right now..?"

Lola watched him pack his bag, looking anxious at his question. Dammit. She was already having to disappoint him by not taking up his offer. "Actually, I... Well, I have an interview at the coffee shop down town," she said, her face a deep shade of red. She tucked her hair behind her ear again - a nervous habit. "I was actually hoping that I could meet with you this evening? I know it's not traditional for professors to stay past a certain hour at night, and I'd totally understand if you can't, but I don't exactly have a car and I'm not sure how long it will take me to get back across down..." She knew she was rambling, which what she always did when nervous.

Lola looked like she was about to get upset, avoiding his eyes. She was not usually such a vulnerable person, but her lack of money and new home had her acting like more emotional than usual. "I'm sorry. That was out of line for me to ask," she said, shaking her head, "I'll just call and cancel with the coffee shop. I just need to run down to the pay phone..." Reaching into her backpack she started to pull out a bag of quarters that she kept for laundry and phone calls.

Michael listened to her ramble, noticing just how nervous she was at this point. So when the girl reached into her bag for some quarters, Michael shook his head a bit. She was really serious about this so since she was new, the man would cut her some slack."No need to do that Miss Clearwater. I have nothing important waiting for me at home so I can wait here for a while until you return. I might get me something to eat while I wait." He placed his bag back under the desk as he moved towards the door."If you're this serious about learning then I will make some time for you this evening."

Lola looked a little surprised at his gesture. She was not used to someone being this nice to her unless they wanted something in return... After the initial shock, she gave him a charming smile. "Oh, thank you," she said, shoving the quarters back in her bag. "I promise I won't waste your time, and I'll bring coffee back with me." She grinned and quickly left the room, rushing down the stairs so that she could hopefully get across town in a respectable amount of time.

At seven o' clock that evening, Lola walked into the class room. She looked a little down, though she was hoping he wouldn't notice. The last thing she wanted him to know was that she was apparently not competent enough to work at a coffee shop... How was she ever going to save enough money to get a car now? Even though all her school expenses were paid, she still needed food and transportation.

She gently set a cup of coffee in front of the professor and gave him a smile, though it didn't reach her eyes this time. "Thank you for waiting for me, Professor," she said, taking a seat in the chair on the other side of the desk. She set her own coffee down and began to pull a neat pile of papers out of her bag. "I went online last night and found the homework assignments for the past couple weeks. I was hoping that if I gave them all to you now, you might be willing to give me some sort of credit?" It was clear that she was dedicated, especially since she did a few weeks worth of papers in one night.

Michael looked over to Lola when she walked in, knowing what the news was by the look on her face as he sighed a bit and got himself comfy. Though when she set the coffee down in front of him, Michael left it alone to cool as he took the papers she set in front of him. A brighter smile took him when he noticed she did all the work from the past few weeks."Well that wasn't necessary Miss Clearwater..While I like the attitude you have towards learning, as long as you pass the upcoming test then you're good to go.."

He couldn't help but find a need to get to know this girl, to find out why she was so interested and eager to excel in his class. But for now that wasn't exactly the right thing to do.

Lola moved to take a sip of her coffee, for she preferred her's piping hot. "Oh, I wanted to," she said, smiling at him, "See, I have this thing about not doing all of the work... I just don't like sliding by. It's not my thing." She pulled out another paper, which was the review for the upcoming test. She had done most of it, or at least the parts that had already been covered. "I have a couple questions. This problem right, er, here..." She pointed to a question on the paper and handed it to him. "It doesn't look right to me. I mean, my answer, not to question itself."

She glanced up at him, wondering exactly why he was so willing to stay so late. It was nice of him, of course, but it made her wonder if he had no family to go home to, or no wife waiting up for him...

Michael was shocked yet again when she handed over the partially completed review sheet, shaking his head a bit when this girl was impressing him more and more."You're starting to impress me Miss Clearwater. Not many people have such determination in this class like you do. As for your question,"Michael looked over the answer she wrote don, smiling a bit when he pointed out the slight mistake she made."You were close, but you made a common mistake most people make which is accounting for the positive and negative signs by the numbers. Pay attention to that and you should be fine."

Lola quickly fixed the mistake on the paper, then looked up at him with a sweet smile. "Thank you," she said, blushing at his compliment. "I like school. It has brought me comfort." She shrugged a little, for it was true. Her education was all she had, and she could not afford to screw it up. All she really wanted was to get through college and get a nice paying job so that she could have some money of her own...

"Professor, am I keeping you from anyone? I hope no one is waiting up for you," she said, glancing up at the clock, then back at him. It really had gotten late, for the sun had went down and they were probably the only people in the building.

Taking another gulp of her coffee, she looked at him from across the desk. He really was very handsome...

Oh, Lola, snap out of it, she thought.

Michael gave her a nod when she thanked him, smiling a bit as he got to his feet once again and prepared to leave, given she was done."No.. I live by myself. Which is why I'm usually found here more often than not throughout the week." He had no lover no family, he could never find the kind of woman who wanted something more than money. Compassion was the only thing he lacked in his life.

Lola tilted her head to the side, finding it odd that he didn't have a woman waiting for him at home... "Oh, well, I'm glad that I wasn't keeping you from anything," she said, getting her own things together. She glanced out the window, noting how dark it was. Her dorm was clear across campus, and it made her nervous to walk alone in the dark. Oh, well. She was a tough girl, and she'd be okay. She always managed to take care of herself.

"Thanks for meeting with me, Professor," she said, giving him a soft smile. With that, she started to head toward the dorms, walking across the dark campus. Of course, when she got to her dorm, she was locked out. The sounds of sex were coming from the room. Dammit, she could not stand her roommate. It's not like she could blame her though. The girl didn't have to have a room mate until a couple days ago... But still. Lola had to wonder if they were fucking on her bed.

"Great," Lola growled, heading out of the dorms. Considering there was no place to go, she walked headed the 24-hour diner down the street. Maybe she could get a head start on her reading for English...

While she was heading to her dorm, Michael decided to catch himself a bite to eat at the nearby diner. It was to late at night to make anything big at home or anything at all. So he decided to head into the diner and order himself a simple burger and grade some papers in peace. But what he wouldn't expect was to see Lola walking in shortly after he took himself a seat at a booth.

But he paid no mind to her, eyes focused on his work while waiting for his meal to be sat down in front of him. A soft hum left his throat as his voice hummed along to the music that was playing.

Lola sat down and ordered a stack of blueberry pancakes with a cup of coffee. She had to admit, she had a bit of a coffee addiction... Looking up, the presence of her professor startled her. She was not expecting him, especially to be sitting in the booth across from her own. After pouring some syrup on to her pancakes and willing her self to not blush for the hundredth time that day, she glanced up at him with a smile.

"I promise, I'm not following you," she said, looking a little amused, "I got locked out of my dorm room." She shrugged and took a bite of her pancakes, just hoping that he didn't think she was crazy or weird. The last thing she needed was for the handsome math professor to think she was stalking him...

He looked up at her when she spoke, chuckling a bit and shaking his head as he still worked through the papers."That's fine, things happen. You could always go to the dorm supervisors and ask for a key to the room if you need to get inside."He told her with a soft smile, looking at her for a moment, one of the waitresses bringing him the coffee he usually bought from here." You need to relax though Miss Clearwater, you musn't act so nervous all the time.

"I know, but she was... busy with company," Lola said, smirking a bit, "I'd rather not walk in on that." After a few bites of her pancakes, she looked back up at him again. She looked a little embarrassed by his comment. Did she look that nervous? "I just don't know anyone around here," she said, "And I was never used to staying in the same place for very long as a kid."

As the waitress came by, she smiled and asked for some cream for her coffee. When she left, Lola looked back over at her professor. "I've never been able to be comfortable around anyone. To you, this seems nervous, but it's really just... me." She motioned to herself, the grinned. It was a little weird to talk to a professor so casually, but he seemed different. He seemed easy to talk to, and it seemed like his life might be as mysterious as her's.

He chuckled a bit when he mentioned that her roommate had company, leaving his imagination to imagine what it was. So with a bit of a shrug he smiled and took a sip of his coffee."I see well then you could sit here and finish the review sheet for next weeks test."He informed her, setting a handful of finished papers aside.

As she explained how she acted, he gave her a nod, smiling as he turned his head to his papers." As long as i doesn't disturb your work or my class then that's fine. Besides, its to be expected when a new students comes in halfway through the class."

Lola tilted her head at him and smiled. "Okay," she said, grabbing her bag and her coffee and shifting over to his table. She pulled out the review sheet and pencil, going to work on the paper. After a moment, she pulled her hair up into a pony tail. A few strands of hair framed her face, but her neck was left bare and on display, allowing him to see a small tattoo of a bird on the back of her neck.

"It won't disturb my work," she insisted, "It never has."

The waitress came back a few minutes later, filling up their coffees. Lola was in no rush to leave, because she assumed her room mate was not going to be letting her in any time soon. It was probably going to be an all-nighter, and if she was lucky, she could take a nap later that after noon between classes.

Michael smiled a bit, watching as she moved to sit in front of him, the man setting his papers aside to look at her, watching her as hse worked on the paper."Good to hear, You'll go far with that attitude of yours towards classwork Miss Clearwater.." Something about her made hi smile, he couldn't tell what it was exactly but he didn't seem to mind having her company around."Do you have any place to stay tonight, seeing as your locked out of your room for the night most likely"

Lola bit her lip and glanced up at him beneath her eye lashes. "Well... No, I don't have a place to stay," she said, frowning a bit, "I don't have any family or anything to stay with." She swallowed hard, looking back at her paper. It was hard to admit to people that she didn't have a particularly easy life, because she hated the pity. She didn't want him to think he had to feel sorry for her. "I mean, you don't have to worry about me or anything." She shrugged. "I can manage. I have before."

She started to put things into her bag, glancing out the window and trying to decide exactly where she would go. In all honesty, she didn't have anywhere to go. Her best bet was to crash in the library or something. That's if it wasn't locked.

And of course, right before she was going to tell him that she was going to leave, it started to rain. Dammit. It was well over a three mile walk to the dorms...

He chuckled a bit when she admitted she had nowhere to stay, nowhere to sleep for the night. And when it began to pour outside, he couldn't help but smile a bit, realizing things weren't going her way at the moment."Well I'll give you ride to the dorms.."He informed her as he began packing his things into his bag." There is usually a dorm room left vacant for things like this. Makes it easier on people to have somewhere to sleep when their roommates lock them out. It's in my wing anyway so I can bring you there if you like."

It wasn't odd for some teachers to make the school their home, or at least have a room put in if they lived too far away from the school. So when he began showing up late for work, Michael put it upon himself to buy one of the wings of the dorm rooms to have his own place set up there for when he was needed. It made his job and office hours easy for everyone.

Lola bit her lip, but finally relented. As embarrassing as it was, she couldn't be rude and not accept the help that she obviously needed. It was practically raining cats and dogs out side. There was no way she'd make it to the dorms without getting sick. "Well... Okay," she said, standing up to gather her things, "Thank you. Really. It will be nice to get some sleep in a bed, and it will be even better to not have to share the room with my roommate." She smiled and started to follow him out to his car.

"You stay on campus?" she asked, looking a little confused.

Back
Top Bottom