Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon Age: Shield Maiden's Journey OOC Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is going to be cool. And from what I can tell of the profiles so far, we have a diverse cast as of yet.

Starting to think I should RP the Tal'Vashoth Saarebas healer as well as Valerius, but..... every time I try to RP two characters, it does badly.

But since I will be DMing this.... ooh, I see horrible things in Valeruis' future.

I forgot the Qunari were a race! I based my choices on Origins selection. Otherwise, I would have came up with a different character. Oh well, funnyman assassin is always a fun role to play.

Well, it would probably do well to mention that as long as people play their chosen roles well and have fun with it, I don't care what race they choose. Case and point: if somebody wants to play as a Bronto, by all means be the best bronto you can be.

Except Darkspawn. I'm... planning somehting with them. UNLESS somebody wishes to play a Sentient Darkspawn AFTER a certain point in the RP.

So what is the main story for this RP? I assume it involves the Shieldmaiden? Is it a story of revenge on the Howes or does it become something deeper like joining the Grey Wardens?

I'm thinking it will be Aimil (shield Maiden) and her steward gathering allies, swearing revenge on the Howes, tracking the Grey Warden's movements in hopes of joining. When the Teryning of Highever is given to the Wardens, the party discovers a secret about the Cousland family that they must destroy.

I'm probably going to kill off Valerius at some point to implement another character I was thinking about. Around the time the party reaches Amaranthine, I'm thinking he'll die. and the newcomer will take his place.

Surprisingly enough, no. I loved his backstory, but I hated his personality.
I typically stuck with Varric and Merrill. Third spot kept changing between Av, Anders, and Isabella, depending on the situation, and on how badly I wanted to see Isabella's ass.

Same goes for Zevan. He seemed cool from what I learned of him through friends/the forum, but I just couldn't convince myself to spare him after he came for my life without the nagging feeling that he'd do it again, given the opportunity.

He wouldn't. Especially since he was bisexual, so if you got his friendship high enough as a male OR female, he was loyal to you to the end even if you chose not to have a relationship with him.

Now YES, there was a way for him to try to kill you again- neat the end game, in Denerim, the Crows would spring a trap for you. His friend Talesan would try to convince him to come back to the Crows, and if his loyalty was too low or you spoke to him too harshly at that point, he would betray you and you would have to kill him.

He mad a more effective combat rogue than Leliana, but you had to manually give him the Lockpick ability because he never learned it. Plus, if you had him maxed out in loalty, were in a relationship with a 'hardened' Leliana, and went with the two of them to meet Isabella at The Pearl in Denerim, you could have an implied Foursome. Little easter eg that had no reward that the developers thought might be fun to throw into the game.

Im my DA1 party Id usually keep Leliana (ohh that accent) and Wynne, alternating the third as the situation called for it. Unless I was a lockpick rogue, in which case the only constant in the party was either Wynne or Shayle.

Oh, Leliana. Or, as I liked to call her, the lock-bitch (and expendable battery, when I became a blood mage).

I just gave her a bow and kept her out of the fight. Most of my time was spent trying to get both Morrigan and Alistair to like me, since, as a mage, Alistair made the perfect wall (and battery), and I would often have Morrigan and me overlap our AoE spells and cast spell combinations together. I boned her a couple times, and then replaced her with Wynne for battery-maintenance.

Long story short, I quickly understood why people don't like blood mages: Everyone else becomes a walking battery.

I wasn't really that fond of the warrior in DA:O because of how straightforward the combat was. Or maybe I was just used to it because of how much Neverwinter Nights I used to play (the games DA:O's combat is based off of). I basically just played through every backstory up to when you meet alistair, and then played a mage and a Dwarven rogue to completion. I just really like the Dwarven culture, and it's also really funny when a human goes down on their knees to kiss you.

After that I surfed the wiki/forums a bit for what I had missed. I might have liked to play a noble and become king.

I never really got the grasp of Blood Mage specialization. I always went Shapeshifter or Arcane Warrior.

For Warriors, I didn't really LIKE the two-handed attacks, but after I made my first character, a dwarf commoner, a dual-weilder warrior, I raped on the battlefield as a COMBINATION Tank and DPS.

I am so sorry it took me so long to get my character up. I was having some trouble writing her background, because she's a Cousland, and we all kind of know what they are like.

So, would you like me to do the first post? It may take me a while to write something perfect, a couple hours. I'm quite... hungover, so I still need to recuperate a bit. Ha

And now we don't post any further with Nathan and Syl lest we get the RP too far ahead lol. Or at least I'm gonna wait and let you guys get some posts in.

Raze, Batman, Fetwick, y'all can go ahead and write your characters in as you see fit. Tonight is it for me- I gotta get up early tomorrow to start my first REAL day of work in 8 months. I'll be back online later on to try and see some of what progress has been mad,e and maybe make a few (hopeful) posts of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom